Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:14:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159768 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« on: November 13, 2017, 03:05:49 PM »

Please stop denigrating the voters of Alabama.  If they elect Moore, they are no worse than the voters of Massachusetts, who reelected a man who committed to a DUI, which led to the death of a young lady, whom he made no significant efforts to safe, reported the accident many hours latter, and then used his influence to avoid the consequences of his actions, that any of the rest of us would have to face.

Now Democrats later in 2000 considered DUIs so significant, that they spent the whole weekend before the election explaining to the nation why Bush 43s failure to disclose a DUI when he was 18 disqualified him from being elected.   

Another point: stop denigrating them till you see what they do.

I am afraid some of you are as puritanical as some of those you criticize.  I know it is hard to see ones own faults.  I miss some of mine.

Even if we accepted your false equivalency, two wrongs don't make a right. You're basically arguing that your party is owed its one freebie sex predator senator, no questions asked.

No, he is saying that arguably the two most significant inflection points of the moral degradation of our culture on matters such as this have been caused by Democratic unwillingness to hold their own accused to account.

Like how we didn't shun John Edwards after he cheated on his wife or push Anthony Weiner out of his seat (against the will of his constituents I might add) for tweeting a dick pic?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:59:21 PM »

There's going to be a nation wide backlash against AL when Moore wins this. They will definitely be the butt of a lot of late night jokes throughout December.

Alabama is already the butt of literally every other state's jokes. Even Florida laughs at Alabama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies