I'm Gonna Retire For A Bit...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:44:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I'm Gonna Retire For A Bit...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm Gonna Retire For A Bit...  (Read 325 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2017, 07:04:13 PM »

Hi, I'm Enduro, and since late 2015 I've been holding or running for public office in Atlasia. With ~1 month break for that time I deregistered, but let's ignore that for this speech.

Anyway, I'm going to retire, temporarily, from politics in Atlasia. Some of the reasons are these: I'm trying to limit the time I spend here so I can use that for finishing my senior year, I'm trying to also spend more time with my family and developing a habit of writing as well as transition from high schooler to a functioning adult. Most of all, doing this for ~2 years is exhausting and has taken a toll on my mental health, so I need a break to recover from it because politics is one of the most depressing jobs in the world.

I will not be gone forever.

It is my intention to retain a voice on this platform, and eventually return to office. Also, I will be available on Mibbit.

Anyway, I'm resigning my seat after the election concludes.

Thank you.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:16:46 PM »

Hope you do well for the rest of your Senior year and have a great, much needed break because you deserve it after all of your great service. Smiley
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »

I wish you luck in all your future endeavors, and I'm always here as a friend if you need anyone. Thank you for your service to date!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 12:08:42 AM »

I took a break from Atlasia during my senior year/first half of my freshman year of college, and I found it was pretty good for me. Hope you see the same benefits.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »

You'll be missed by all, of course, but those are excellent reasons to take a step back from politics. Best of luck with your writing!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 10:51:30 PM »

I wish you luck in all your future endeavors, and I'm always here as a friend if you need anyone. Thank you for your service to date!

This, although it feels weird because I've known that you were going to do this for a while. So, not news to me. Tongue
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 11:48:53 PM »

You'll be missed by all, of course, but those are excellent reasons to take a step back from politics. Best of luck with your writing!
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 11:11:14 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies