Gabbard “doing her homework” on impeachment process for Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:43:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gabbard “doing her homework” on impeachment process for Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gabbard “doing her homework” on impeachment process for Trump  (Read 673 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2017, 03:36:11 PM »

Sounds like she's open to the idea, except that she's concerned that Pence would be worse.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/329946-gabbard-im-doing-my-homework-on-impeachment-process

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 03:51:32 PM »

Impeachment (as in the part that is akin to indictment) might be possible if Democrats take the House in 2018, but that's the easy part. No way would enough Senators ever vote to remove Trump from office.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 04:29:27 PM »

I suspect she is doing this because of Trump's mean attitude toward poor defenseless Assad.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 08:10:19 PM »

LOL
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 08:30:48 PM »

Well, many just blindly call for Trump to be impeached without recognizing that President Mike Pence would be terrible. It's good that she recognizes that.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 10:29:51 PM »

I suspect she is doing this because of Trump's mean attitude toward poor defenseless Assad.

I'm sure she would openly admit that she is doing it because of Trump's illegal and illogical strike on Syria, yes.

She's also probably doing it to distance herself from him because she plans on running for the Democratic nomination.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 10:49:41 PM »

She's doing it because, even as her town halls have been very well attended, a lot of people are rightfully questioning her over her meeting with Assad and refusal to denounce Bannon, and they want to see Trump impeached. She sounds a little hawkish on North Korea, I wonder if anyone has asked her whether she'd support a pre-emptive strike? If she says yes it puts a damper on her claimed opposition to "regime change wars". It's strange that she will meet with Assad herself but has not called for bilateral talks between the US and North Korea.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 12:02:17 AM »

An attempt to quiet Democrats who might get on board for a primary challenger.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 09:04:43 AM »

She's certainly one of a kind, isn't she?

I think she'll be a factor in the Democratic mix for years to come, but never a serious Presidential contender.  She certainly does know how to raise her own profile, though.  I'll give her that; look at the herd of cattle in both Houses of Congress in both parties who are totally anonymous outside their Congressional districts.
dirks

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 10:12:24 PM »

That's fine. I've come to peace with the fact that it's not going to stop. I mean every since the day he was elected the left has been in a full court press to try every trick in the book to terminate Trumps legitimate Presidency. From baseless, pointless post election marches, to death threats to the electors, to pushing this crazy conspiracy that Russia hacked the election, to the whole #resist claptrap.

How about doing your job "Tulsi" instead of trying to vengefully remove a sitting president.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 11:48:26 PM »

Chances are impeachment almost certainly won't happen unless Trump really f-cks it up, and Tulsi knows it. I feel like this is just a pander to the Democratic base.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies