2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:47:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 75
Author Topic: 2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread  (Read 234586 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: February 04, 2018, 01:58:58 AM »

I love Randy Bryce and his campaign, but I am starting to cringe as it is starting to get nationalized, and coastal elites and their cash are flocking in. Same went for Jones and is going for Lamb. And it is not necessarily their fault, a lot of it is shoved down their throat, and it is hard to say no. But at some point, good grief, you have to repel the Ellen's and Chelsea Handler's and the Daily Kos, and Samantha Bee, man I got keep the list going on and on, and say thanks, but no thanks. I am a man/woman of my state and district, and we are going to keep it local and about our people, this is our race, please stay out. This stupid nationalization screws us over so bad, just keep the money flowing, but just can it and do it as silently as possible, like in SC and KS earlier, except more $ obviously.
On substance, I don't really disagree with you, but Jones and Lamb's races haven't/weren't really nationalized - Jones mostly kept his mouth shut and only got outside attention due to Roy Moore more than anything else. Also, any race with the House Speaker involved is going to be nationalized which plays to the GOP's hands (one of the reasons why I think a some guy dude like Randy Bryce isn't a good candidate for this race; it'd be easier for a local politician to try to de-nationalize the race as much as possible IMO. It's also really odd that the Dem establishment is willing to let a Berniecrat make the GE in a WOW county suburban Wisconsin seat of all seats yet other Berniecrats in likely somewhat friendlier territory are facing crowded primaries).
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1551 on: February 04, 2018, 02:02:38 AM »

I love Randy Bryce and his campaign, but I am starting to cringe as it is starting to get nationalized, and coastal elites and their cash are flocking in. Same went for Jones and is going for Lamb. And it is not necessarily their fault, a lot of it is shoved down their throat, and it is hard to say no. But at some point, good grief, you have to repel the Ellen's and Chelsea Handler's and the Daily Kos, and Samantha Bee, man I got keep the list going on and on, and say thanks, but no thanks. I am a man/woman of my state and district, and we are going to keep it local and about our people, this is our race, please stay out. This stupid nationalization screws us over so bad, just keep the money flowing, but just can it and do it as silently as possible, like in SC and KS earlier, except more $ obviously.

Bolded = people Bagel likes and thinks should be in the forefront of politics
Underlined = people Bagel doesn't like and thinks should stay away from the forefront of politics.

Notice anything?

Yes, I notice hard working, ethical, solid, human beings, versus out of of state, out of touch, heck, some with even other citizenships, hollywood type, obnoxious, tv celeb elites. If I look at it a little deeper and from your angle, I can see your attempted smear of painting me as wanting men in politics over women, simply false. If you would look at my sig, you would see that I support people of all different, shapes, sizes, colors, backgrounds, orientation, religion, culture, region, geography, etc. In fact, nearly half of my big endorsements are to minorities of some kind whether it be religion, race, orientation, gender, etc. Stop with the smears.

Then why the decision to only use women to represent "coastal elitists"? I know you support women candidates, and minority candidates. But you gave three women as your example of "coastal elitists" who need to get out of the race. Almost as if you are saying that "coastal elitist women" need to get out of the race. I understand that may not be the intention, but it's how it comes off.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1552 on: February 04, 2018, 02:11:51 AM »

Underlined = people Bagel doesn't like and thinks should stay away from the forefront of politics.

Notice anything?

Yes, I notice hard working, ethical, solid, human beings, versus out of of state, out of touch, heck, some with even other citizenships, hollywood type, obnoxious, tv celeb elites. If I look at it a little deeper and from your angle, I can see your attempted smear of painting me as wanting men in politics over women, simply false. If you would look at my sig, you would see that I support people of all different, shapes, sizes, colors, backgrounds, orientation, religion, culture, region, geography, etc. In fact, nearly half of my big endorsements are to minorities of some kind whether it be religion, race, orientation, gender, etc. Stop with the smears.

Then why the decision to only use women to represent "coastal elitists"? I know you support women candidates, and minority candidates. But you gave three women as your example of "coastal elitists" who need to get out of the race. Almost as if you are saying that "coastal elitist women" need to get out of the race. I understand that may not be the intention, but it's how it comes off.

I am sorry if it came out that way, but others such as Jimmy Kimmel, Julian Castro, Stephen Colbert, etc are that way too, and not just in this race (some of them not here, and in others). Coastal elites and annoying hollywood tv celebs come from all different backgrounds, race, religion, colors, gender, etc. I am sorry if the optics were presented wrong.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1553 on: February 04, 2018, 02:13:23 AM »

On substance, I don't really disagree with you, but Jones and Lamb's races haven't/weren't really nationalized - Jones mostly kept his mouth shut and only got outside attention due to Roy Moore more than anything else. Also, any race with the House Speaker involved is going to be nationalized which plays to the GOP's hands (one of the reasons why I think a some guy dude like Randy Bryce isn't a good candidate for this race; it'd be easier for a local politician to try to de-nationalize the race as much as possible IMO. It's also really odd that the Dem establishment is willing to let a Berniecrat make the GE in a WOW county suburban Wisconsin seat of all seats yet other Berniecrats in likely somewhat friendlier territory are facing crowded primaries).

I don't necessarily agree with all your points either, but they are still valid ones, and you argue them while still respecting my human dignity, so I thank you.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #1554 on: February 04, 2018, 02:53:41 AM »

Notice anything?

You make a great point Bagel23, as someone from California, I’m not afraid to say that Democrats need to distance themselves from the Toxic Hollywood image, if they want to ever win any elections outside of the West coast and Northeast again.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1555 on: February 04, 2018, 03:30:16 AM »

Notice anything?

You make a great point Bagel23, as someone from California, I’m not afraid to say that Democrats need to distance themselves from the Toxic Hollywood image, if they want to ever win any elections outside of the West coast and Northeast again.

That strategy wouldn't work in Oregon(In Congressional and Statewide Elections) if the GOP wasn't so dominated by the Eastern and rural parts of the state(which make the GOP nominee far right wing).

If GOP could nominate someone like a Kasich they could win open seats in Oregon.

Heck they nearly won in 2014 despite running a far right republican and would have won if Kitzhaber scandal had been revealed two months earlier. In 2010 and 2002 third parties cost them the Governor Race
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1556 on: February 04, 2018, 03:33:44 AM »

If Bryce really wanted to excite voters he'd rally with the moray eel like visage of Joe Manchin, not some popular handsome figure.
ethanforamerica
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -2.00

« Reply #1557 on: February 04, 2018, 09:04:06 AM »

I just did some high-quality stalking, Jason Kander has two houses. One in Vicki Hartzler's  district and a smaller one in Emmanuel Cleaver's district. Gearing up for a house bid? I still maintain that he's democrats best bet in MO even though people think he's too liberal now. He's young attractive, likable and who cares if he's a national politician? Outside money and support would help big time as long as we aren't as loud and brash about it as we were with GA-6. A term or two in the house and he's a shoo-in for Roy Blunt's seat or the governor's mansion
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1558 on: February 04, 2018, 09:05:08 AM »

I... have no idea what you're talking about! Bryce constantly rags on Ryan as a Trump stooge. He's "nationalizing" he race himself! Like do you want a medal because you hate people who live in coastal states? Congratulations.

So do many of the undecided voters in these types of districts.

But do you know? Do you really know?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1559 on: February 04, 2018, 11:26:08 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2018, 11:29:59 AM by smoltchanov »

Also I think nationalizing the race is somewhat okay when you're running against the 2nd or 3rd most powerful man in the nation.

I... have no idea what you're talking about! Bryce constantly rags on Ryan as a Trump stooge. He's "nationalizing" he race himself! Like do you want a medal because you hate people who live in coastal states? Congratulations.

I would've thought people would stop trying to have a legit argument with Bagel, the guy who thinks running a racist white Democrat in the South is a winning strategy.

Pretty sure if Bagel23 could choose, he'd run a racist white Democrat in every district.

Wrong, just in districts and places where it would be beneficial, which is the vast minority of places. If I had to throw around a number, I would say only 5-10% of places would I want this.

Fully support.

The death knell for any legitimacy Bagel could hope to have in this argument.

Legitimacy is not determined by your opinion of me (of which i am proud, BTW. You know that i dislike idiots, confess it)
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1560 on: February 04, 2018, 12:35:46 PM »

If Bryce really wanted to excite voters he'd rally with the moray eel like visage of Joe Manchin, not some popular handsome figure.

Maybe if Bryce ran as a bland, featureless Blue Dog chud that rags on about trans bathrooms like Bagel wants he could get a decent 40% of the vote instead of having a chance at outright winning.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1561 on: February 04, 2018, 01:04:28 PM »

Maybe if Bryce ran as a bland, featureless Blue Dog chud that rags on about trans bathrooms like Bagel wants he could get a decent 40% of the vote instead of having a chance at outright winning.

Seriously, you had to call me a canibalistic humanoid underground dweller?
DemocraticKing
Rookie

« Reply #1562 on: February 04, 2018, 04:41:29 PM »

I saw Randy Bryce commercials while watching MSNBC, in New York....
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1563 on: February 04, 2018, 04:46:52 PM »

I saw Randy Bryce commercials while watching MSNBC, in New York....

Guess someone is running a sh**tty campaign.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1564 on: February 04, 2018, 05:19:21 PM »

Can we stop using dumb beltway terms like coastal elites when trying to seriously discuss elections?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1565 on: February 04, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »

Can we stop using dumb beltway terms like coastal elites when trying to seriously discuss elections?
THOse terms are accurate.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1566 on: February 04, 2018, 06:32:14 PM »

THOse terms are accurate.
No, it isn't. It doesn't represent anything meaningful
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1567 on: February 04, 2018, 09:41:07 PM »

smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1568 on: February 04, 2018, 11:19:52 PM »

Also I think nationalizing the race is somewhat okay when you're running against the 2nd or 3rd most powerful man in the nation.

I would've thought people would stop trying to have a legit argument with Bagel, the guy who thinks running a racist white Democrat in the South is a winning strategy.

Pretty sure if Bagel23 could choose, he'd run a racist white Democrat in every district.

Wrong, just in districts and places where it would be beneficial, which is the vast minority of places. If I had to throw around a number, I would say only 5-10% of places would I want this.

Fully support.

The death knell for any legitimacy Bagel could hope to have in this argument.

I’m wondering why I didn’t put those two clowns on ignore a long time ago.

Clowns are always very clever people. So - i feel sorry for you: you will never achieve that status.
ethanforamerica
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -2.00

« Reply #1569 on: February 04, 2018, 11:39:15 PM »

David Pepper for OH-1?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1570 on: February 05, 2018, 11:48:16 AM »

Big get for Democrats in AR-02:

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1571 on: February 05, 2018, 12:27:57 PM »

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/05/2018-fundraising-democrats-republicans-389868

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Usili
Rookie

« Reply #1572 on: February 05, 2018, 12:31:48 PM »

We already have a major prominent Democrat running in OH-1, Aftab Pureval, for reference.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1573 on: February 05, 2018, 05:23:03 PM »

J.D. Scholten (Steve Kings opponet) out raised him last quarter https://mobile.twitter.com/Scholten4Iowa/status/960585362413416451
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1574 on: February 05, 2018, 06:34:19 PM »

lol, buddy
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies