Single-Payer Health Care
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:22:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Single-Payer Health Care
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Single-Payer Health Care  (Read 3255 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 08:04:08 AM »

I've written here before about the crisis that would follow single payer if the federal adopted reimbursement rates similar to existing health insurance programs. You're looking at a total depopulation of rural areas, huge paycuts and layoffs in the industry, and a growing call for nationalization. Nationalization is another problem entirely, but probably the end goal of most in the know about single payer.

Well you sold me with "total depopulation of rural areas".

I realize that your politics have changed, but I wasn't expecting you to endorse the liquidation of the kulaks...

Dekulakization and electrification. It is of course beyond amusing to see that apparently liberalism equates to literal Stalinism.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2017, 09:34:17 AM »

I've written here before about the crisis that would follow single payer if the federal adopted reimbursement rates similar to existing health insurance programs. You're looking at a total depopulation of rural areas, huge paycuts and layoffs in the industry, and a growing call for nationalization. Nationalization is another problem entirely, but probably the end goal of most in the know about single payer.

I realize that your politics have changed, but I wasn't expecting you to endorse the liquidation of the kulaks...

Dense urban city with populated burbs surrounding it with a good LRT system and high speed rail between. Rural areas should be VERY sparsely populated. So "depopulation of the rural areas" would be great to get people to move closer.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 10:27:30 AM »

Dense urban city with populated burbs surrounding it with a good LRT system and high speed rail between. Rural areas should be VERY sparsely populated. So "depopulation of the rural areas" would be great to get people to move closer.

Why is that so important to you?  I feel obligated to go into a spiel about how rural living is healthier for the mind and the environment, but I won't.  I think the only reason you hate rural areas is that they vote for people like Bernie and Trump.  If politics is your only criteria for determining if a place is good or not, then your priorities are seriously misplaced.

And forcing people to move to more crowded areas will not make them any more enlightened.  Ignorance and racism are as prevalent in educated and urban areas as they are in poor rural areas.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2017, 11:47:29 AM »

Why is that so important to you?  I feel obligated to go into a spiel about how rural living is healthier for the mind and the environment, but I won't.  I think the only reason you hate rural areas is that they vote for people like Bernie and Trump.  If politics is your only criteria for determining if a place is good or not, then your priorities are seriously misplaced.

And forcing people to move to more crowded areas will not make them any more enlightened.  Ignorance and racism are as prevalent in educated and urban areas as they are in poor rural areas.

To not sidetrack the discussion I'll just keep it short, it has nothing to do with politics.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies