Sanctuary Cities Face Aid Cuts as Justice Dept. Tightens Screws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:30:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sanctuary Cities Face Aid Cuts as Justice Dept. Tightens Screws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanctuary Cities Face Aid Cuts as Justice Dept. Tightens Screws  (Read 997 times)
I Won - Get Over It
« on: April 21, 2017, 12:52:34 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/21/us/politics/sanctuary-city-justice-department.html?ref=politics

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The start of the winning?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 01:00:59 PM »

On immigration, maybe. I never understood why Democrats thought they'd be able to pull off sanctuary cities with Trump willing to withhold federal money. I'm not convinced they can hold out, or even if they are willing to. So far their resistance to ICE has largely been cost-free, but once those funds dry up I imagine there will be a change of heart.
I'd dare to claim that immigration, good economy (thanks, Obama!) and bombs here and there in ME would be pretty much enough for re-election and probably even for midterms.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 02:24:27 PM »

If those issues alone were enough, I'd like to think they would be reflected in his approvals.
Yes, my point is that they eventually would - hence the start of the winning. The possible victory over the sanctuary cities will look really great in TV, Breitbart and twitter. But we are not there (yet?).

Business cycle. Google the average business cycle length and then formulate whether the good economy will be there by the re-election.
That's why Trump moves on with the deregulations. That might be just enough for 2020.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 03:30:47 PM »

The winning is cancelled Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies