'Hate crimes soar' scream the BBC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:19:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  'Hate crimes soar' scream the BBC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Hate crimes soar' scream the BBC  (Read 1445 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2005, 03:51:44 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4740015.stm

269- up from 40 the previous year against Muslims

So we have gone from virtually no hate crimes.... to very few hate crimes. While not completely acceptable I think it was expected people would get a bit pissed off the events of 7/7

If we take look at the entire Muslim population (taking 2 million as an arbitory figure) then it appears 0.013 percent have reported a 'hate crime' in all. Hardly anything to get in a flap about BBC!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 09:06:54 PM »

Hopefully those include the eight hate crimes that caused every problem thus far.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:15:17 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4740015.stm

269- up from 40 the previous year against Muslims

So we have gone from virtually no hate crimes.... to very few hate crimes. While not completely acceptable I think it was expected people would get a bit pissed off the events of 7/7

If we take look at the entire Muslim population (taking 2 million as an arbitory figure) then it appears 0.013 percent have reported a 'hate crime' in all. Hardly anything to get in a flap about BBC!

I read a poll somewhere that said 9% of british muslims applaud the actions of terrorists.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 10:59:22 PM »

From what I've seen of the typical shaven-headed, tattooed yob abroad, I'm surprised they haven't massacred every dark-skinned person in the country.  Scary bunch, lower class Brits.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 03:25:21 AM »

O/c in % terms they have soared; from hardly any to a bit more.
This is actually a much, much lower rise than was expected actually. Methinks the Beeb had a headline worked out and fitted the story to fit the headline.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 07:20:17 AM »

From what I've seen of the typical shaven-headed, tattooed yob abroad, I'm surprised they haven't massacred every dark-skinned person in the country.  Scary bunch, lower class Brits.

You're one to talk, Mr. "Let's feed all the religious to lions".
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 09:41:34 AM »

Actually there was no real increase, just the police categorizing non-"bias" incidents as hate crimes for political reasons.

There are some Brits that apparently want to survive, but many are in places without a large number of Muslims.
MissCatholic

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 10:02:22 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I read a poll somewhere that said 9% of british muslims applaud the actions of terrorists.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I guarantee that all of them are between 18-30 and dont have a job.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 11:49:06 AM »

I'd agree with the 18-30 bit, employed or not.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 02:15:15 PM »

I guarantee that all of them are between 18-30 and dont have a job.

No... probably not. The idea that that's the case is a piece of propaganda put about by nutters like MPAUK (I should add that I'm apalled how many interviews a fringe extremist group like that has been getting recently. The BNP doesn't (rightly so) so why should people like that?) to suit thier own ends (MPAUK wants to take over the entire Muslim community).
I don't think you could make a meaningful demographic breakdown of support for suicide bombings (and the % (no one is entirely sure what it is) is pretty small anyway)... well apart from one; radicalisation seems to be more widespread among second generation immigrants than first or third generation ones. There hasn't been enough research into this sadly... which has enabled myths to spread very quickly.
freek
Netherlands

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 09:38:42 AM »

It is exactly the same as the situation in the Netherlands after the murder on Theo van Gogh last November. Some racist yobs wrote texts on walls and tried to burn down mosques and islamic schools (and managed to fail quite a lot, which says a lot about their intelligence :-) ) , and immediately newspapers used the largest headlines possible to announce that "Dutch tolerance was over" because of this.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 11:44:15 AM »

It is exactly the same as the situation in the Netherlands after the murder on Theo van Gogh last November. Some racist yobs wrote texts on walls and tried to burn down mosques and islamic schools (and managed to fail quite a lot, which says a lot about their intelligence :-) ) , and immediately newspapers used the largest headlines possible to announce that "Dutch tolerance was over" because of this.

Sometimes its best to not be tolerant of those wishing to destroy your nation. But it seems these days Europe doesnt want to care because it doesnt want to "offend" whatever the hell "offend" actually means.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 11:31:03 AM »

Angry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/4749915.stm
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 11:52:09 AM »

Is say the same thing. I Mr "homosexuals should be slaughtered with a sword". Feeding them to the lions is just to cruel and unusual, with a sword you can end it instantly.

oh IMO i think It should be a hate crime to make a gay-ass video of someone picking on a foreign non-english group.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies