Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 58
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 124156 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: July 29, 2017, 09:48:28 PM »
« edited: July 29, 2017, 09:52:08 PM by UWS »

RNC Video Bio Introduction on Marco Rubio's life and political career and accomplishments
Part 3

Narrator : From his first day in Washington, Marco Rubio has demonstrated to be a man of great leadership. In the United States Senate, he cosponsored the AGREE Act, a bill increased tax credits and exemptions for companies investing in R & D, equipment and other capital, gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise and raised immigration for some types of work visas, which helped our country to boost economic growth, job creation and innovation. In 2013, he introduced the co-sponsored the Regulation Costs to Small Businesses Act which would have required the Small Business Administration to conduct an annual study to estimate the total cost of regulations on small businesses. A year later, he successfully sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats, which improved our veterans' living conditions after their military service.

Mario Rubio (military veteran and Marco Rubio's older brother) : I'm so proud of my brother Marco Rubio for his service to our country and to veterans, including me, in their post military career. He is the best man to take care of our brave men and women in uniform. Like all of us, Marco is grateful of our veterans' service for America, a strong and beautiful country.

Narrator : And in 2015, Senator Rubio succeeded in passing a bill that increased sanctions against the terrorist group of Hezbollah.

Narrator : Suddenly, on January 6 2016, North Korea conducted its first hydrogen bomb test and these are weapons that are capable of hitting the territory of the United States as well as their allies. But Marco Rubio immediately took action and successfully co-sponsored the North Korea Sanctions and Enhancement Policy Act of 2016 that sanctionned international individuals and companies that are serving are Financial intermediaries to fund North Korea's nuclear program.

Narrator : Over the months after these events, America has suffered the worst terrorist attack on its turf since 9/11 when an ISIS fighter killed 49 people and wounded 53 others in Orlando, in Marco Rubio's home state of Florida. Senator Rubio came there to comfort the victims' families. One month later, while freedom was being celebrated on the other side of the Atlantic, Nice suffered Orlando's fate when another terrorist who pledged allegiance to ISIS killed 86 people and injured 434. Just after these attacks, Marco Rubio co-sponsored the Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act that would reinforce defence ties between America and its allies, especially those in the Middle East, thus building great and powerful military coalitions to defeat terrorism. This bill is also aimed at stopping Iran from becoming a military nuclear power and threatening us and our allies by increasing sanctions against Iran unless the Iranian government decides to use local nuclear energy for economic growth not for military purposes.

Marcus Luttrell (former US Navy SEAL and author of Lone Survivor) : That's the right thing to do after tragedies like those in Orlando and Nice. We need stronger American leadership and Marco Rubio understands this. That's why I know he's the best candidate in this race to lead America and keep it safe.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #951 on: July 29, 2017, 09:49:20 PM »

RNC Video Bio Introduction on Marco Rubio's life and political career and accomplishments
Part 4

Narrator : We are at a critical time in which America has to chose its leader.

Oriales Rubio (Marco Rubio's mother) : My son Marco is a charismatic man who cares about people and values every single American.

Ron DeSantis (US Representative from Florida) : He is a strong leader and he knows what it takes to fight terrorism and keep our country safe.

Ginni Rometty (CEO of IBM) : He lived the American Dream and he's a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. He knows what it takes to grow the economy and create jobs. And that's why I know he will be the best President I've ever known in terms of job creation.

Narrator : America needs a change of direction for the sake of a New American Century. Here are all the elements of a New American Century : security,...

Narrator : ...freedom,...

Narrator : ...prosperity,...

Narrator : ... and opportunity.

These are all values defended by Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States of America and a leader who will get this great and beautiful country back on track and to a New American Century.

Marco Rubio : Like my father used to say, « in this country, you can achieve all the things we never could. » We can achieve all the dreams of the American people through stronger American leadership and stronger opportunity, liberty and justice for all.

[Cheers and applause from the RNC audience]
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #952 on: July 29, 2017, 09:57:30 PM »

BREAKING: Democrats Enter Hour 52 of Filibuster as Sen. Rubio is set to accept GOP nomination
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #953 on: July 29, 2017, 09:59:12 PM »

FYI: When the Rubio acceptance speech goes up I will release the next update... I am working on limited Wifi so there maybe a slight delay.

-- NHI
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #954 on: July 29, 2017, 10:00:21 PM »

I'm working on it it won't be long.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #955 on: July 29, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »

I'm working on it it won't be long.

OK. I will try to have the post up tonight, other wise it'll be up in the early EST AM hours.

NHI
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #956 on: July 29, 2017, 10:20:05 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2017, 12:32:01 AM by UWS »

2016 Republican National Convention
Day 4, Part 12

Date : July 18 2016-July 21 2016

Wednesday, July 21

Theme : A New American Leadership

Speakers :

-John Thune, South Dakota Senator (introducing Marco Rubio)

My fellow Republicans, my fellow Americans. I am proud to introduce to you the next President of the United States of America, Marco Rubio.

[Crowd loudly cheers and applauds]

-Marco Rubio, Florida Senator and Republican presidential nominee

Thank you. Thank you so very much.

Mr. Chairman and delegates, I accept your nomination for President of the United States of America.

[Crowd loudly cheers and applauds]

And I do so with great honor, humility and love for our country. Tonight, I ask you to follow me in this campaign for a better future for America. By my side, I have selected a man of compassion, integrity and quality, heart from a hardowrking family and who represents what makes America special, my friend and the next Vice-President of the United States Stephen Pearcy.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

When my parents came here from Cuba 60 years ago, they were living paycheck to paycheck, but the hardworking of a bartender and a housekeeper helped them to succeed in this new society and to raise their children. All of that was possible the government was out of their way.

Eight years ago, we elected a leader who doesn't believe in free market, undermined the American Dream through increasingly big government policies, divided this country and made it less safe. We will reverse this tendency and restore the American Dream.

I know what it takes to get America working again, to create jobs and to restore prosperity and I will  do so with my experience in the US Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and in the US Senate Committee on Science, Commerce and Transportation.

I co-sponsored the AGREE Act that expanded tax credits and exemptions for businesses investing in R & D, equipment and other capital, gave tax credits for veterans starting a business franchise and contributed to an increase in mmigration for some types of work visas, which helped our country to reinforce job creation and innovation. I co-sponsored the Regulation Costs To Small Business Act which required the Small Business Administration to conduct an annual study to estimate the total cost of regulations on small business. Me and Stephen Pearcy will reduce government at its lowest size in history, which will help Americans to be successful, to find good-paying jobs and to raise their families. That's why we are the right team to manage and grow this economy and create jobs for all Americans.  

Juntos, nosotros restableceremos qué hace America excepcional.

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

Taxes will be reduced for all Americans, including the middle class and poor people, which will reinforce their purchasing power and boost consumption. A great part of our economy is based on consumption.

Unlike Barack Obama, whose assault on energy industry will send energy and manufacturing jobs to China, we will, by 2030, lead America to energy independence by aking advantage of our own oil, gas and coal and by using a part of revenues from oil drilling to develop renewable energies such as solar, wind, nuclear, hydroelectricity, etc. This will also deprive terrorists and anti-American forces of revenues from America' s energy dependence.

We will give our fellow citizens the skills they need for the jobs of tomorrow. We will facilitate it through promoting school choice, which will give a fair chance for every single child in addition of costing families, including immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, less and producing higher outcomes compared to public education.

We will open new free trade agreements with our partners in order to make sure our country keeps its status as the strongest economic power in the world and to make us competitive in the world economy. And we will cut taxes and regulations for American manufacturing businesses to keep manufacturing jobs here in America and to create more manufacturing jobs in this country. And we're going to reduce our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 % in order to help our country to reclaim and keep its jobs and to make America the best place in the world to do business.

We will reduce the deficit and balance the budget through job creation, which will help us getting  budget surpluses, which a part will be invested into the development of new infrstructures, which will economically be beneficial for America by encouraging our future business owners to open their business here in America and by extending commercial activities.

By championning businesses, including small ones, and reducing the cost of doing business in America, we will contribute to further innovation, production and job creation. This will make America the best place in the world to start a business because our economic success is based on audacity, hardworking and competitiveness, not big government.

That's how we're going to restore the American Dream.

The Obama administration undermined our country's security and terroism raised and multiplied its attack. Throughout her tenure as Senator, my opponent Elizabeth Warren has shown irresponsibility and inconscience toward the terrorist threat. She supports Barack Obama's Iran nuclear deal that hands Tehran the money they need to get nuclear weapons and to sponsor international terrorism. She voted against giving the Attorney General the mandate to delay the transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists. On June 2015, she voted in favor of weakening our homeland security and our security measures, thus contributing to the terrorist attack in San Bernardino six months later. She voted against the Defense Funding bill that would have reinforced our military and helped us to defeat radical Islamic terrorism.

[Crowd boos]

In order to make America safe, we have to reverse Obama's cuts on defense budget by increasing it. Radical Islamic terrorism will be defeated throug a stronger and modernized US military, through the deployment of troops and through stronger collaborations with our allies. This will also bring freedom, democracy and security back to the Middle East through toppling Bachar al-Assad, a terrorist who slays his own people in addition of being Russia's puppet. We will give Syria back to Syrians. Thanks to background checks on Syrian rebels, we will avoid providing groups we know nothing about and could have ties to ISIS or other radical Islamic terrorist groups.

By abolishing the Iran nuclear deal, strengthening sanctions against Iran and reinforcing our collaboration with our allies, we will make sure Iran never gets nuclear weapons and rather uses its nuclear energy for economic development. By securing the Black Sea and by providing arsenal and military training to the Ukrainian army, we will help Ukraine to stop Russia's imperialist policies and to give Ukraine back to Ukrainians. With a stronger military presence and the creation of the Pacific Treaty Organization (PTO), we will stop China's expansionist policies, restore territorial integrity on the Pacific and stop North Korea 's agression. By providing intelligence and military assistance to our African allies, we will stop terrorist gangrene from expanding in Africa.

It will not only restore international security but also protect freedom of religion by allowing religious believers around the world to practice the religion of their choice without being persecuted and killed for what they believe. Freedom of religion, freedom of speech and freedom of press must be protected here and abroad because tey are basic elements of the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States.

Like my father always said : en este pais, ustedes van a poder lograr todas las cosas que nosostros no pudimos. In this country, you will achieve allthe things we never could.

Lo mejor está por llegor para los Estados Unidos de America. Esta es retorno del America.

America's best days are yet to come. This is America's comeback. A New American Century is coming for brighter, more prosperous, safer and happier days.

Thank you. God bless you all, God bless the United States of America.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #957 on: July 29, 2017, 10:34:58 PM »

Republicans:
Change! That is the message which elected Barack Obama in 2008 and republicans are hoping a similar message with an attractive younger candidate will deliver a win! The Republican Convention ends with a United GOP behind Senator Marco Rubio and Mr. Stephen Pearcy. Republicans spent much of the week blasting Elizabeth Warren and the Presidency of Barack Obama, capped off by Pearcy's fiery speech.
Pearcy's presence on the ticket was seen in full stride with his affirmation and support of Rubio, and will likely diminish he effect of Ron Paul, who is looking to Republicans snag disaffected by Rubio. Pearcy's speech was part attack dog and part closer. He went after Elizabeth Warren with humor and wit, and reached out to libertarian minded Republicans and those on the fence for Paul that a Rubio Presidency would be one for them too.

His speech was well received from both the convention audience and pundits. "Mr. Pearcy did something which none of the other speaks could do," said Bill Kristol. "He made the strongest case for Rubio and it came across as authentic because Pearcy is not a creature of the establishment and he ran again Rubio in the primary."

One pundit even called the ticket reminiscent of "Reagan and Bush". There is a coming together of the GOP which we haven't seen in a long time. Republicans are ready to win.

As for the republican nominee, Rubio outlined the differences between he and Warren, but spent the majority of the speech presenting his vision for America and his pledged for a new American century.  His dynamic persona, charisma, charm and wit were on full display as he introduced himself to the country and made his case to be the 45th President.

The line which received the most applause was: "...like my father said in this country you will achieve all the things we never could." Deliver in both English and Spanish Rubio demonstrated he was not on a diverse candidate, but a candidate of the future.

He provided an  effective dismissing of the Obama years without sounding cruel or mean spirited. To the GOP audience Rubio became the candidate of the future; giving the party a much needed boost after two losses at the presidential level.
"Marco Rubio is no Mitt Romney," said Britt Hume. "This is a new Republican Party. Mr. Pearcy as the running mate represents that, and so does Mr. Rubio."

Rubio's youth was on full display with his young family on stage for the bug night. The GOP nominee has sought to play up his age as a bonus and is positioning himself as the candidate of change and painting warren as a figure of the status quo.
Democrats meet next week to nominate Warren and Brown. Polls are showing a significant bounce for Rubio. As the Paul factor fades, Mark Cuban appears a non factor and the public seems ready to move past democrats, a Rubio is in a stronger position as the election shifts towards the general.

RCP Average:
Marco Rubio: 48.4%
Elizabeth Warren: 42.0%
Ron Paul: 2.6%
Mark Cuban: 0.3%

NH
Warren: 45%
Rubio: 44%
Paul: 9%

NC
Rubio: 51%
Warren: 41%
Paul: 1%

OH:
Rubio: 48%
Paul/: 2%

PA
Rubio: 47%
Paul: 3%

MI
Warren: 46%

WI
Rubio: 46%
Warren: 44%
Paul: 2%

IA
Rubio:, 48%
Warren:,45%

CO
Warren: 47%
Rubio/ 46%
Paul: 6%

NM
Warren: 47%

ME CD 2
Rubio: 51%
Warren: 40%
Paul: 4%

CT
Warren: 50%
Rubio: 44%

NJ
Warren: 53%
Rubio: 42%

TX
Rubio: 53%
Warren: 31%
Paul: 7%

FL
Rubio: 58%
Warren: 35%

VA
Warren: 48%
----
Gallup: Rubio +8
Rubio: 49%
Warren: 41%

Fox News: Rubio +13
Rubio: 52%
Warren: 39%

PPP Rubio +3
Rubio: 48%
Paul: 5%

ABC/Wash: Rubio +6
Rubio: 49%
Warren: 43%

CNN/ORC: Rubio +4
Warren: 42%
Paul: 3%

Democrats:
As the Republicans rally in Cleveland, Democrats continue to filibuster the proposed Counter Terrorist legislation, introduced by Senator Rubio. Currently, Senator and Former 2016 Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders is leading the Democrat's charge to block the legislation. They currently are approaching hour 60 in the historic filibuster.

The attempt by Democrats is seen through some prisms as political, with Democrats looking to stymie Senator Rubio at every turn. However, some seen the proposed legislation by Mr. Rubio as politicizing the recent terrorist attacks across the globe. However, in light of the recent attacks the public tends to be siding with Rubio. 48% of Americans believe Sen. Rubio is better equipped to handle Foreign Policy, compared to just 37% who back Sen. Warren.
This debate in Congress comes as the Republican conventions winds down and the Democrats prepare for their convention in Philadelphia. An added factor is the apparent hacking of DNC emails, some in which revealed embarrassing contexts, including an apparent concerted effort to block Senator Sanders during the primary process.

Next Round: will last until Saturday at 10 PM EST.
Will include the Democratic Convention!
July 22-July 28
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #958 on: July 30, 2017, 01:40:04 PM »

Message from Stephen Pearcy on social media

Great speech by my friend and partner Marco Rubio the next President of the United States.

We will Make Amercia Great Again
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #959 on: July 30, 2017, 04:01:38 PM »

Schedule for Elizabeth Warren

July 22, 2016

Meet Voters in Danville, Ohio (With Ted Strickland and Joe Biden)

Meet Voters in Utica, Ohio (With Joe Biden)

Meet Voters in South Haven, Michigan

July 23, 2016

Meet Voters in Douglas, Michigan (With Debbie Stabenow and Gary Peters)

Speech at Holland Municipal Stadium, Holland, Michigan (With Debbie Stabenow and Jennifer Granholm)

So, recently the Democratic National Committee was hacked. There are only two countries with the recourses and desire to hack us...Russia and China. President Obama and our intelligence community need to figure out which of them it is, quickly, and punish the responsible party, because messing with our election process cannot go unchallenged.

Meet Voters in Alburtis, Pennsylvania (With Joe Biden)

July 24, 2016

Meet Voters in Slatington, Pennsylvania (With Joe Biden)

Meet Voters in Pohatcong Township, New Jersey (With Cory Booker)

Meet Voters in White Township, New Jersey (With Cory Booker)

July 25-28- Democratic National Convention (will post separately)
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #960 on: July 30, 2017, 07:23:14 PM »

Pearcy campaigns in Oregon to undecided independent voters

Now I know most of you support Senator Sanders in the primaries and even though Senator Rubio's campaign is different from his I want to let you know that that we have adapted some of his policies in his campaign.

We will watch what groups we will arm in the Middle East, We will go after Wall Street bigger than Elizabeth Warren will do.

We will not go after medical marijuana unlike what Democratic funded watched dogs like Correct the Record and Media Matters tell you.

We will in fact promote for it. We believe that it is good medical perks to the use of it.

Also I feel some of you are angry over what the DNC did in those emails which are very damaging if you ask us.

And If I am elected as Vice President I will work with senators like Bernie Sanders and other Democrats in a bipartisan matter not like how President Obama has treated us Republicans

So vote for your conscious on November 8th.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #961 on: July 30, 2017, 07:41:59 PM »

Ed Schultz: So what do you have to say baout the DNC hacks?

Sanders: Well obviously it's troubling, but I have been made aware of the contents of the leak . . . And well, I'm not impressed at the excuses being offered. Why did the Democratic National Committee not want this information exposed?is there something else going on? I can't even say for certain I will be attending the Convention, pending more document releases.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #962 on: July 30, 2017, 10:13:36 PM »

Takeaways from Email Leaks

1.) DNC saw Sen. Sanders' religion as a wedge issue.
2.) DNC  was in constant contact with both Sen. Warren and Vice Pres. Biden.
3.) DNC emails show distrust of Sanders and supporters. "They're not Democrats."
4.) DNC emails discuss possible Biden/Warren ticket to block Sanders momentum.
5.) Panic set in after Warren's close win in IA and loss in NH and NV. "He cannot win!"
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #963 on: July 30, 2017, 10:18:11 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2017, 10:21:52 PM by Jaguar4life »

Even though she didn't run anything about Hillary Clinton in those emails?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #964 on: July 30, 2017, 10:32:19 PM »

President Obama speech on the DNC leaks

I have never been more disappointed in the Democratic National Committee than I am today. They have betrayed the trust of this party, and of its voters in conducting itself the way it did during the primary race, by denying Senator Sanders a truly fair shot. I am aware that position of chair of the Democratic National Committee is open, and that I have one more opportunity to choose a potential chair. After consulting with Senator Warren and Senator Sanders, I have decided to nominate Keith Ellison, pending a vote by the Committee members. I have no doubt that for his tenure as DNC chair, our parties primaries will be conducted in a fair and ethical matter.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #965 on: July 30, 2017, 10:44:35 PM »

Schedule for Sherrod Brown

July 22
-Fly to Kansas
-Rally in Kansas City
You must be logged in to read this quote.
-Criss-cross Kansas for the day, meeting with voters who have been affected by Brownback's policies

July 23
-Fly to Ohio.
-Rally in Cleveland, Ohio.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
-Rally in Cincinnati, Ohio
-Rally in Columbus, Ohio
-Rally in Mansfield, Ohio

July 24
-Criss-cross the industrial states, speaking to voters about the Democratic vision for America

July 25-28
-Democratic National Convention
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #966 on: July 30, 2017, 10:59:45 PM »

Sanders: I will not honor a party so determined to maintain corruption

July 25th, outside the Democratic National Convention venue, Sanders addresses supporters with Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, Shailene Woodley, Rep. Keith Ellison and Fmr. Gov. John Lynch at his side.

These leaks prove one thing: The Democratic Party is not going to change. They have proven that they are not interested in new ideas or new politics. They are only concerned with who is more likely to be sympathetic to their establishment ideas, and evidently, the deemed my colleague more likely to.

This cannot, and will not stand. I will not be speaking at the Convention; I will not honor a party to determined to maintain corruption in our national political discourse. Moreover, why did neither Senator Warren or Vice President Biden announce this themselves? Why did they not reject the DNC emails out of hand?

I have been in politics since the 1980s, and this will not stand. Today, I am officially denouncing the Democratic Party as a whole. Really I should've known that to try and change a party from the inside is a lost cause when a party is so intent on maintaining political corruption.

What happened to the party of Franklin Roosevelt, of John F Kennedy, of Hubert Humphrey? Each one of those men would be rolling in their graves at this news. What has become of the so called 'party of the working class'?

Therefore, with this in mind, I am officially declaring my candidacy as an independent candidate for President of the United States, and I am proud to announce my running mate, Tulsi Gabbard!

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #967 on: July 30, 2017, 11:26:18 PM »

Stephen Pearcy responds to Sherrod Brown statement in a Denver  Colorado

So now Senator Brown *Crowd jeers* Says I have sold out to the establishment.   Well that is not true.

Marco Rubio has adapted several populist views such as Wall Street reform and legalize of Medical marijuana *Crowd cheers*

And as for the TPP in it's current state which is what President Obama wants is flawed.   We will renovate it and cut the corporate tax way down so that we don't get left behind in these trade deals.

And there you go again with that "Tax Cut for the Rich" line.  Rubio will cut taxes on all American families and people to help Amercia grow again.

Our economic plan is up on our website and you will see that it isn't the big goverment that you like

Also "Not ready" some of your people said the same thing about President Obama when he first ran including Vice President Biden who said that in a debate in 2008.

I am still fighting for populist causes nothing has changed. *Crowd cheers*
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #968 on: July 30, 2017, 11:51:18 PM »

I may need an extension to find a replacement for Brown...not sure how long that will take, but I really don't want to play as Brown and Warren. If everyone could look for a poster willing to play as Brown, that would be appreciated.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #969 on: July 31, 2017, 12:24:30 AM »

I'll be taking over as Brown.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #970 on: July 31, 2017, 05:49:12 AM »

I may need an extension to find a replacement for Brown...not sure how long that will take, but I really don't want to play as Brown and Warren. If everyone could look for a poster willing to play as Brown, that would be appreciated.
Take your time.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #971 on: July 31, 2017, 05:53:54 AM »

Obamas and Clintons Unite in Joint Endorsement for Warren
The President, First Lady, Former Secretary of State and Former President united for a joint rally to endorse Democratic nominee Elizabeth Warren. Coming on the revelation of DNC email leaks, and Senator Bernie Sanders's decision to run as an independent; the Democratic heavyweights are hoping to stop the bleeding and unite the party.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #972 on: July 31, 2017, 06:06:49 AM »

Polling:

Rubio/Pearcy: 48%
Warren/Brown: 38%
Paul/Napolitano: 5%
Sanders/Gabbard: 4%

NH:
Rubio/Pearcy: 41%
Warren/Brown: 38%
Paul/Napolitano: 9%
Sanders/Gabbard: 8%

NY:
Warren/Brown: 48%
Rubio/Pearcy: 41%
Sanders/Gabbard: 6%
Paul/Napolitano: 1%

CA:
Warren/Brown: 46%
Rubio/Pearcy: 36%
Sanders/Gabbard: 9%
Paul/Napolitano: 2%

VT
Sanders/Gabbard: 50%
Warren/Brown: 26%
Rubio/Pearcy: 20%

WA
Warren/Brown: 42%
Rubio/Pearcy: 38%
Sanders/Gabbard: 8%
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #973 on: July 31, 2017, 04:07:30 PM »

Thank you, Bernie! Thank you for this amazing opportunity. Lately, we saw the Democratic Party openly make every effort to select one candidate over the other, something that contradicts the name completely. Senator Sanders has started a movement, and there are people who will support him.

I am a veteran. I have seen the cost of war in a way Senator Rubio, Senator Warren, Senator Brown and Mr Pearcy have not. Especially Senator Rubio. Has he seen what happens when he sends American sons and daughters off to fight in a foreign country? No, he hasn't. We need to avoid our wars of regime change that have destroyed our reputation abroad. We need to start scaling down our bloated military budget, and pursue diplomatic solutions over sending Americans to fight and die.

We need to rebuild our national infrastructure. We need to re-commit ourselves to support of democratically elected governments. We need to implement a single-payer healthcare system. We need to reinstate Glass-Steagall. We need to review our trade agreements and withdraw from the TPP. We need to increase the minimum wage to $15 an hour. We need to end our wars of regime change. We need to abolish overblown tuition fees.We need to commit ourselves to full social and economic justice! That is what Senator Sanders and I are committed to; can you trust the major parties to do the same? 

Following this, Gabbard and Lynch formally changed their status to independent, leaving the Democratic Party. Sanders,
Gabbard, Lynch and Woodley then left the Convention venue with their supporters behind them
CMB222
United States

« Reply #974 on: July 31, 2017, 04:26:31 PM »

Moran: "The Republican Party must rally behind Marco if they want to keep Senator Warren out of the White House."
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies