Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:32:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 58
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 125889 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: June 07, 2017, 06:09:08 PM »

Minnesota Caucus Poll:
Bernie Sanders: 46%
Elizabeth Warren: 42%

Virginia Primary Poll:
Elizabeth Warren: 49%
Bernie Sanders: 38%

Texas Primary Poll:
Elizabeth Warren: 47%
Bernie Sanders: 37%

Colorado Caucus Poll:
Bernie Sanders: 46%
Elizabeth Warren: 44%

Democrat's Abroad Poll:
Bernie Sanders: 50%
Elizabeth Warren: 48%

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #351 on: June 07, 2017, 08:16:33 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2018, 07:41:11 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Elizabeth Warren's accusations :

Senator Warren accused me of wanting « to take us back to the 50s when LGBTQ people didn't have right, minorities were oppressed and women too. » Nothing of what Senator Warren said is true. What I said is that it's not the federal government's role to rule in gay marriage. It's the states' role.

Senator Warren's claim that I am against minorities is absolutely false. I am myself from an ethnic minority group and I am determined in giving ethnic minorities in America the opportunity to live the American Dream. For Americans of Hispanic descent, like me, including those who have ancestors who lived into poverty in Cuba because they were oppressed by the dictatorship of the proletariat imposed by the Castro regime that doesn't believe in free enterprise, you know the strongest issue there is? That is economic empowerment, upward mobility.

My parents worked hard every single day to work to give me and my siblings opportunities that they didn't have. There's only one economic system in the world that is possible and that's the American free enterprise system. And the reason why Republicans are the champions of being defenders of the interests and needs of Americans of Hispanic descent is because the Democrats are trying to dismantle the American free enterprise system, the only system in the world where parents like mine, who work hard and play by the rules, can give their children the opportunities they themselves did not have. So I don't think it's wise, Senator, to lecture a son of working-class immigrants who inherited no money and lived paycheck to paycheck.

I've got to remind you, Senator Warren, that we are the party of Abraham Lincoln that freed African Americans from slavery and at that time your party opposed the abolition of slavery and opposed African Americans' freedom tooth and nail.

Actually, Senator Warren is the one who wants to take us back to the 50s or earlier because she is promoting the same failed economic policies that made America a harder place to do business, made us dependent on foreign energy and decreased our people's purchasing power through higher taxes and regulations, which gave us the weakest economic pace in our history. She seeks to increase the size of government that is already spending trillions of dollars more than it takes in and resulted to more debt than jobs. She is seeking bigger government intervention into healthcare paid for with higher taxes and cuts to Medicare, scores of new rules and regulations. These ideas don't move us forward. These ideas move us backwards.

By the way, Warren lied when she accused me of excluding extremist supremacists out of the definition of the word « terrorist ». Actually, I said that the perpetrators of the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995, including Timothy McVeigh, are terrorists. I said that Dylan Roof, the perpetrator of the shooting that killed 9 African Americans at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, is a terrorist.

So Senator Warren, you are the one who should be ashamed for deliberately misconstruing my positions and my convictions. And I have no lectures to receive from a person who lied about her Native American ancestry.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #352 on: June 07, 2017, 08:46:37 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2017, 08:51:48 PM by Jaguar4life »

STEPHEN PEARCY RESPONSES TO SENATOR WARREN attacks

So Senator Warren attacked me and my opponents as wanting to take human rights back to the 1950s.

I just want to let her know she is lying. I have said that I have accepted the Supreme Court rulling of gay marriage and that I wouldn't try to overturn June's rulling. I want everyone regardless of gender sexual orientation race and income to get along and same the same rights as something.

I find your attacks very dishonest  and you still think that the Stephen Pearcy of today is the same Stephen Pearcy of the 80s.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #353 on: June 08, 2017, 08:07:49 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2017, 09:33:42 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule January 1-January 14 2016, Part 3

January 7
-Meet with rural voters in Cascade, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with rural voters in Monticello, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with rural voters in Williamsburg, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with voters in Mount Vernon, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with rural voters in Marengo, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with rural voters in Ely, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with rural voters in Fairfax, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with rural voters in Center Point, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with voters in Marion, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with voters in Hiawatha, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Agriculture policy speech at the Hiawatha farmers market in Hiawatha, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with voters in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Fundraising event at the Paramount Theatre in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Anti-abortion policy speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris in an effort to win among pro-life voters and evangelical voters :

Roe v. Wade is an a historically, egregiously flawed decision that has condoned the taking of innocent life on a massive scale. I think future generations will look back at this history of our country and call us barbarians for murdering millions of babies who we never gave them a chance to live. That's why I oppose abortion in all cases. And I personally and honestly and deeply believe that all human life is worthy of protection, irrespective of the circumstances in which that human life was created. I personally believe you do not correct one tragedy with a second tragedy (referring to abortions in cases of rape, incest and the life of the mother).

Around the world, many abortions are committed regardless of the children's gender. In China, for example, due to the One-child policy, over 50 % of the population is permitted to have a second child if their first one is a daughter, otherwise any unborn second child would become a new victim of abortion. This is outrageous.

The bottom line is that abortion is not a solution to the problem. It creates more unnecessary problems and only murders unborn children.

When I'm President of the United States, we will fight abortion and promote adoptions. Adoption is the solution to the problem because it will allow couples who don't want a baby or are not ready to have a baby not to have one without killing him. That way, this baby will have the privilege to live and to be loved.

That's how every child, born and unborn, will be protected in law and welcomed into life. That's what the next president must do. And that's how we can lead America to appreciate life.

-Meet with voters in Evansdale, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with voters in La Porte City, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with voters in Cedar Falls, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Meet with college voters at University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls, Iowa with Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris

January 8
-Meet with voters in Independence, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Agriculture policy speech ahead of a crowd of farmers at the Heartland Acres Agribition Center in Independence, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Town hall meeting with voters at the Malek Theatre in Independence, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Manchester, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Economic policy speech in Manchester, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Dyersville, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Speech ahead of a crowd of evangelical and pro-life voters at the Basilica of St. Francis Xavier in Dyersville, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Postville, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Agriculture policy speech ahead of a crowd of farmers at Agriprocessors headquarters in Postville, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Waukon, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Lansing, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Nevada, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Huxley, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Story City, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Slater, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Ames, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Mitchellville, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst

January 9
-Meet with voters in Newton, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Rally with voters at Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Colfax, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Pella, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Colfax, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Des Moines, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Economic policy speech at Greater Des Moines Partnership in Des Moines, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst :

For many years, including today, Forbes Magazine ranked Des Moines among the top 10 of the best places in America to do business. And in 2010 and 2013, this city was ranked at the first place, which means it was described as the best place to do business in the United States.

This is mostly due to strong educational attainment (with 36 % of Des Moines' population who has a college degree and 92 % of this city's population who possesses a high school diploma) and also because energy costs here are 22 % below the national average, the cost of living in Des Moines is 10 % below the national average and business costs here are 18 % below the national average. Economic growth here outpaced the U.S. as a whole by 68 % since 2010. Here is an example of this matter of fact : Des Moines is a major center for the insurance industry and has a sizable financial services and publishing business base. And Des Moines is the headquarters for the Principal Financial Group, Meredith Corp., Ruan Transportation, EMC Insurance, Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, MidAmerican Energy Company and Firestone Agricultural Tire Company.

So Des Moines is a great symbol of America's prosperity coming from free enterprise and free market as well as ingenuity, hard-work and entrepreneurship of the American people. Prosperity does not come from big government policies. But unfortunately, over the last eight years, government has got bigger and bigger and is still getting bigger today, which increased taxes and regulations on the American people and on business owners, which weakened our economy, killed jobs and offshored American businesses overseas. We have a 40 % corporate tax rate, which makes the United States the nation with the highest corporate tax rate among developed countries, which makes America a harder place to do business, while Singapore has a 17 % corporate tax rate and South Korea's is at 24 %.

Des Moines represents a great example of the importance of making America the best place in the world to do business, which requires fully utilizing our energy resources, bringing our debt under control, repealing and replacing Obamacare, making higher education faster and easier to access, reducing the cost of doing business in America and cutting taxes and regulations on the American people and on business owners, which will bring a stronger purchasing power to our people and increase our businesses' ability to grow, to expand, to produce, to sell, to hire people and to create jobs. And by reducing our corporate tax rate to 20 %, we will make American businesses much more competitive in the world economy, which will ensure job creation here in the United States.

These are all things we will do when I become President of the United States. I have the right experience to boost job creation in America and to lead this country to permanent prosperity due to my membership in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and in the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation.

That is how we will ensure a new American prosperity in a New American Century.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.

-Foreign policy speech at Fort Des Moines Museum & Education Center in Des Moines, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in West Des Moines, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Clive, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Ida Grove, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Holstein, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Sloan, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
-Meet with voters in Sioux City, Iowa with Mike Huckabee, Chuck Norris and Joni Ernst
CMB222
United States

« Reply #354 on: June 08, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »

Sen. Moran responds to Elizabeth Warren:

Senator Warren is telling lies as a part of her campaign making false accusations of me and my opponents. I am for all people being equal no matter what. We all deserve the same rights. This attack is just another Democratic way of saying that the Republican candidates have better ideas and the Democrats continue to prove their only argument is untrue, personal attacks. We will #Persist.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #355 on: June 08, 2017, 08:04:52 PM »

STEPHEN PEARCY WINS DIXVILLE STRAW POLL
THE HILL.COM

In Dixville Notch the village famous for its midnight voting tradition a night before every election has released results of its own Straw Poll with Stephen Pearcy winning a slim majority with and Rand Paul coming into a close second with Marco Rubio and Jerry Moran coming in a far third and fourth.

The Pearcy campaign called it a big victory and said it is a sign for things to come.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #356 on: June 09, 2017, 04:26:39 AM »

I'll need a 24 hour extension. Major week of Uni assignments
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #357 on: June 09, 2017, 04:59:58 AM »

MARK CUBAN FOR PRESIDENT?

Excerpts from a recent Wall Street Journal interview with billionaire entreprenuer Mark Cuban follow below:

INTERVIEWER: "What do you make of the current election cycle going on?"

CUBAN: "Well, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. There's a lot of negativity and a lot of big promises being thrown around, but I don't see any real leadership skills coming from the candidates, and I'm talking both sides here. The fact is that we live in such a rapidly changing period of history, and you need somebody who's adaptable to any new challenges we face. A person like the President of the United States has to have that innovative mindset, right? Otherwise, they fail to make the country as better off as they could have. People in business like myself face that kind of stuff day in and day out. You know, what works today might not work at all tomorrow, and you'll always experience differing opinions when you're managing something. Politicians argue all day but don't face nearly the same level of accountability, and it goes to show with the government we have now. So, there's a lot that can be improved upon, and I don't trust any of the current candidates to bring us on the right path."

INTERVIEWER: "Would you yourself consider running for public office, perhaps even the presidency?"

CUBAN: "Can I make some news here today? I never thought I would be saying this, but I'm seriously considering the possibility that I run for president this year. I don't take this lightly, either. Politics has never appealed to me before, right? I've never wanted to be in Congress or get an ambassadorship. If I could spend the rest of my life helping entrepreneurs out like I am now, I would be perfectly happy. I just see the problems we face as so monumental that we need new voices out there to shake things up. I'd do whatever I can as a proud American citizen to help this country out."

INTERVIEWER: "You really have made some news today. I assume you would run as an independent?"

CUBAN: "Yeah. I've never been a Democrat or a Republican, but I do see value in what both parties have to say on certain issues. Look, if you were to talk to the average American, the vast majority of them wouldn't follow the party line issue by issue. You can't be ideologically rigid and expect everything to go your way, because that's not how real life works, right? That's especially true when you're President and you have a million different challenges flying toward you at any given moment. Running as an independent would be so much better because that allows you to circumvent all of the partisan crap you would have to deal with otherwise."

INTERVIEWER: "Now that we know you're interested, when can we expect a final decision on your part?"

CUBAN: "I know the filing deadlines are coming up soon. I would say within a month or so. In the meantime, I'll think deeply about this and listen to other people across the country to get their takes. Actually pulling the trigger would change everything, so I'm taking this process one step at a time."

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #358 on: June 09, 2017, 07:53:24 AM »

Marco Rubio's schedule January 1-January 14 2016, Part 4

January 10
-Flight to Houston, Texas
-Meet with voters in Houston, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Sugar Land, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Energy policy speech at Nalco Champion facility in Sugar Land, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Thompsons, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Meadows Place, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Elmendorf, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in San Antonio, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Weston, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in McKinney, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Rockwall, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Kaufman, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Terrell, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Rally with voters at Iris Theatre in Terrell, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Marshall, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Longview, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Energy policy speech at Eastman Chemical facility in Longview, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Texarkana, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Foreign policy speech at the Red River Army Depot in Texarkana, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Meet with voters in Dallas, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Energy policy speech at Energy Future Holdings headquarters in Dallas, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd
-Foreign policy speech at the Grand Prairie Armed Forces Reserve Complex in Dallas, Texas with Ted Cruz and Will Hurd :

Once again, President Obama has proven to be naive when it comes to fight terrorism. He has shown his arrogance when he called us, I quote, « misinformed and out of step with the American people » and questioned our anti-terrorist plans' effectiveness. Mr. President, your anti-terrorist policies did not work by cutting in military budget and in homeland security. That's what resulted to the terrorist attack in San Bernardino. How many Americans must be killed by terrorists before you're convinced that your plan has failed to keep us safe? Folks, we need to rebuild our military, to reinforce our security measures and our alliances. That way, thanks to all the necessary arsenal, we're going to defeat ISIS. Because ISIS may be contained, like the president said, but it must be defeated. That will not happen if Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders are elected. It will happen under a Rubio administration.

-Debate preparation

January 11
-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
-Meet with voters in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Economic policy speech at World Market Center Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Immigration policy speech in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Foreign policy speech at the National Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Fundraising event at Binion's Gambling Hall & Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Meet with voters in Paradise, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Meet with college voters at the University of Nevada Las Vegas in Paradise, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Fundraising event at the Bellagio in Paradise, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Meet with voters in Boulder City, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Meet with voters in Mesquite, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Debate preparation

January 12
-Meet with voters in Atlanta, Georgia
-Meet with voters in Sandy Springs, Georgia
-Meet with voters in Marietta, Georgia
-Meet with voters in Alpharetta, Georgia
-Meet with voters in Columbus, Georgia
-Foreign policy speech at Fort Benning in Columbus, Georgia
-Rally with voters at Columbus Civic Center in Columbus, Georgia
-Flight to Halifax, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Halifax, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Charlottesville, Virginia
-Rally with voters at John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Fredericksburg, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Richmond, Virginia
-Debate preparation
-Bus trip to Washington D.C.
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.
-Attend State of the Union in Washington D.C.

January 13
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.
-Vote Yea on co-sponsored North Korea Sanctions and Policy Enhancement Act of 2016
-Debate preparation

January 14
-Flight to Orangeburg, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Orangeburg, South Carolina with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott
-Meet with college voters at South Carolina State University in Orangeburg, South Carolina with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott in an effort to attract African American voters
-Economic policy speech in Orangeburg, South Carolina with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott
-Meet with evangelical voters at St. Paul's United Methodist Church in Orangeburg, South Carolina with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott
-Meet with voters in North Augusta, South Carolina with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott
-Meet with voters in Burnettown, South Carolina with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott
-Meet with voters in Monetta, South Carolina with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott
-Meet with voters in Ridge Spring, South Carolina with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott
-Meet with voters in North Charleston, South Carolina with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott
-Debate preparation
-Marco Rubio debates with Rand Paul, Stephen Pearcy and Jerry Moran during the Republican presidential primary debate at the North Charleston Coliseum in North Charleston, South Carolina
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2017, 09:48:26 AM »

STEPHEN PEARCY VISITS AND MEETS PRIVATE HEALTHCARE CENTER IN FAIRFIELD IOWA
The Hill.com

Stephen Pearcy visited a private healthcare center in Iowa today campaging on the pledge of repealing Obamacare and replacing it with a government free healthcare plan like what we see in Iowa.

Pearcy talked with staff and patients about his healthcare plan and how it will benefit the country. 

He described his healthcare plan as people purchasing it across state lines that will drive down premiums and prices and expand the idea of low costs insurance.  And his plans to expand life savings accounts and how he will delink health insurance from employments so that people won't lose their health insurance when you lose your job and how that way in his plan healthcare can be personal, portable, affordable and how it will keep it from the government getting into it.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2017, 02:39:19 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2018, 07:57:42 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad

In an effort to win among young people, especially Millennials (young voters from age 18 to 36), in the primaries and on the general election, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts a television ad narrating parts of Marco Rubio's speech during a rally at with young voters in order to show the age group raised on imitating things online that Marco Rubio is one of them and gets it.

Since this ad underlines Millennials' social and economic struggles (because Millennials are the generation that benefited the least from the economic recovery following the Great Recession) due to big government policies (such as higher taxes and regulations on the American people) and with America's broken education system, 44-year-old Marco Rubio hopes that younger voters are ready to support, in the fight for the Republican nomination and the presidency of the United States, a candidate their own age who understands their struggles and concerns.

The ad titled « Generational Choice » airs nationwide (in all the 50 states)

« Generational Choice» advertisement narration :

We are living in a time of uncertainty in a time we are witnessing the slowest economic growth ever in American history. And Millennials and younger generations are among the main victims of this economic sluggish.

In 2015, Millennials in New York City were reported as earning 20% less than the generation before them, as a result of entering the workforce during the Great Recession. Despite higher college attendance rates than Generation X, many were stuck in low-paid jobs, with the percentage of degree-educated young adults working in low-wage industries rising from 23% to 33% between 2000 and 2014.

Millennials have benefited the least from the economic recovery following the Great Recession as average incomes for this generation have fallen at twice the general adult population's total drop and are likely to be on a path toward lower incomes for at least another decade. Three and a half years after the worst recession since the Great Depression, the earnings and employment gap between those in the under-35 population and their parents and grandparents threatens to unravel the American dream of each generation doing better than the last. The nation's younger workers have benefited least from an economic recovery that has been the most uneven in recent history.

That's why we need to reduce taxes for all the American people, including for young generations, to reform our education system through school choice, to cut taxes and regulations on businesses and to reduce the cost of doing business in America, which will give Millennials a fair chance to find good-paying jobs, to prosper, to raise a family and to live the American Dream. Otherwise, they will inherit a lifetime of debt.

The story of the American Dream is not my story alone. It is our story. We are all but a generation or two removed who made our futures the purpose of their lives. Whether we remain a special country will depend on whether that journey is still possible for those trying to make it now. That is why this election is not just about what laws we will pass. It is a generational choice about what kind of country we will be. It is a choice Americans before us were also called to make. At the turn of the 19th century, industrialization was transforming the world, but that generation of Americans left yesterday behind, harnessed the power of the industrial age, and the 20th century became the American Century.

At midpoint of the 20th century, Americans feared they were falling behind the Soviet Union in space and on the global stage, but that generation turned the page on the past and pursued a New Frontier.

This election is a generational choice because right now our own generation as well as Millennials must choose what kind of country we want to be in this new century. Globalization and massive technological change present us with both great challenges and great opportunities. Like those before us, we must either embrace the future or be left behind by it. Our children will be either the first generation of Americans to inherit a diminished country or they will be the freest and most prosperous generation ever.

Americans not yet born will write the final verdict on our generation. Let them record that we made the right choice. Let them record that in the early years of this century, faced with a rapidly changing and uncertain world, our generation rose to face the great challenges of our time.

That's why I'm asking for your vote because if you do, we will make history. We will lead America to one of the brightest futures we've ever known and this future will be a New American Century for all Americans.

I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2017, 02:48:55 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2018, 07:58:36 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad

In an effort to win among Christian voters, Evangelical voters and social conservative voters, especially those in Iowa and southern states voting on Super Tuesday, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts a television ad about Marco Rubio's beliefs on faith.

The ad titled « Faith » airs in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia

« Faith » advertisement narration :

Our goal is eternity. The ability to live alongside our creator for all time, to accept the free gift of salvation offered to us by Jesus Christ. The struggle on a daily basis as Christians is to remind ourselves of this. The purpose of our life is to cooperate with God's plan. To those whom much has been given, much is expected, and we will be asked to account, for your treasures stored up in life or in heaven. I try to allow that to influence me in everything that I do.

CMB222
United States

« Reply #362 on: June 09, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »

I won't be able to finish my campaign schedule tonight so here is a summary.

Visit Iowa and campaign with endorsers.
campaign in Oklahoma
Senate duties
Debate prep
Campaign in South Carolina with endorsers
Debate

I will get my debate questions in as soon as possible
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #363 on: June 09, 2017, 08:14:57 PM »

campaign in Oklahoma
Senate duties
Debate prep
Debate

Would you like an extension until the morning? 9 AM EST?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #364 on: June 09, 2017, 09:38:59 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2017, 09:51:53 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Rand Paul

Without a no-fly zone in Syria, our fight against ISIS can't progress. Because if there's no no-fly zone there, Assad will remain able to bomb innocent civilians and those we know they are fighting ISIS, especially the Kurds, like they did last month by launching 4 barrel bombs on the Kurdish neighboorhood of Sheikh Maqsood in Aleppo. By bombing these anti-ISIS forces, Assad risks of giving ground to ISIS, which would make a step closer to Syria's transformation into a terrorist heaven. If Syria becomes a terrorist heaven, ISIS will use Syria as a springboard to itensify their terrorists attacks throughout Middle East. They will use Syria as a springboard to prepare terrorist attacks against the United States just like Al Qaida did with Afghanistan when this country was a terrorist heaven when they conducted the terrorist attacks on September 11 2001. That's why we can't allow that to happen. So by putting in place a no-fly zone, we will defeat ISIS through itensified strikes and by supporting the Kurds through arms provisions to them and by allowing them to fight ISIS while making sure they will not be striked by Syrian air forces.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #365 on: June 09, 2017, 09:50:11 PM »

campaign in Oklahoma
Senate duties
Debate prep
Debate

Would you like an extension until the morning? 9 AM EST?

I'll need that.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #366 on: June 09, 2017, 11:47:57 PM »

STEPHEN PEARCY WINS NEVADA YOUNG REPUBLICANS STRAW POLL
CNN.COM

Stephen Pearcy wins another straw poll this time is it for the young Republicans of the state Of Nevada

The Republican candidate says he think he has a very good chance of winning the state's primary next month

Pearcy believes his history as a Cailforinan and being in Ratt will be a key factor into his possible win in the primaries.

Pearcy has big young online fans all over social media. With even groups dedicated to making internet memes about him.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2017, 11:58:22 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2017, 12:03:39 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's reaction to Paul's response

First, we will defeat ISIS, and then we will deal with Assad. Because leaving Assad in place will create the conditions for the next ISIS. We saw such kind of example in Egypt even though we'll have to work with this country to defeat terrorism.

Since the overthrow of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohamed Morsi on July 3, 2013, Egypt has seen shocking levels of repression. On August 14, 2013, it witnessed the worst mass killing in its modern history, with at least 800 killed in mere hours when security forces violently dispersed two pro-Morsi sit-ins in Cairo. From July 2013 to May 2014, over 30 000 people were arrested or detained. This repression that targeted opposition activists made the resort to violence and terror more likely among some Egyptians. So ISIS fighters in Egypt are seizing on the wave of Islamist anger and anti-military sentiment to radicalize and recruit people and intensify their terrorist attacks.

That's a reason why we have to defeat ISIS in Syria and Iraq and then ensure regime change in Syria to stop this insanity and restore freedom, integrity and security and to prevent any ISIS-like terrorist group from emerging through Assad's repressive measures.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #368 on: June 10, 2017, 12:19:38 AM »

Message from Stephen Pearcy from social media

While Paul and Rubio are attacking each other I am staying out of it and going around campaigning to take America back.   
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #369 on: June 10, 2017, 12:35:33 AM »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad

In an effort to win among rural voters and farmer communities, especially those in Iowa ahead of the Iowa Republican caucuses (since agriculture is among Iowa's main economic activities), Marco Rubio's campaign broadcasts an ad that describes the Florida Senator's plan to relaunch America's agricultural industry.

The ad titled « Farmers and ranchers for a stronger economy » airs in Iowa, New Hampshire South Carolina, Nevada, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia

« Farmers and ranchers for a stronger economy » advertisement narration :

America’s farmers and ranchers are an important source of our country’s prosperity. Marco Rubio is working to get government out of the way of agriculture so that American farmers and ranchers can build their businesses, compete as exporters, and create jobs. Here is his four-point plan :

First, repealing burdensome regulations on farmers and ranchers. Marco Rubio will undo the Environmental Protection Agency’s Waters of the U.S. Rule, that will dramatically expand federal control over ponds, ditches and streams. Further, he is fighting President Obama’s carbon mandates and excessive application of the Endangered Species Act, which can, when misused, deem huge swathes of productive land off-limits for agriculture or other beneficial development.

Second, permanently ending the punitive death tax. Marco Rubio's comprehensive pro-growth, pro-family tax reform will permanently end the death tax and allow farmers and ranchers to immediately write off the cost of new machinery and equipment. According to the nonpartisan Tax Foundation, the plan would raise wages and boost investment dramatically.

Third, opposing new taxes on energy. As President, Marco Rubio will keep fighting the establishment of a cap-and-trade program or carbon tax, which would act as a new national energy tax on agriculture producers and raise costs for consumers. In addition, he will for other reforms to unleash American energy production and bring down energy costs for farmers.

And finally, curbing overregulation. Farmers and ranchers deal with huge costs imposed by the federal regulations, which interfere in labeling procedures, land use, and more. Marco Rubio has proposed a National Regulatory Budget that will cap the costs federal regulations can impose on the economy, including a limit for each individual agency. This will prevent regulators from imposing costly new rules on the agriculture sector at a whim, and give Congress the ability to rein in regulators.

Marco Rubio's proven leadership when it comes to fighting for farmers and ranchers will help them to recover, to grow and to prosper. When farmers and ranchers win, America wins.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2017, 03:52:01 AM »

Summary again. Should be back to normal in a few turns.

Summary for January 1-14, 2016: Sanders kicked off the New Year by celebrating with his wife in their hometown of Burlington, Vermont. On the 3rd, Sanders struck out in the direction of Iowa, where h hosted several rallies until the 7th, when he headed to New Hampshire. Once there, He campaigned all over the state with Gov. Lynch. On the 9th, he was joined by Gov. Brown in Nevada, where he campaigned until the 11th. On the 12th, he kicked off his campaign in Texas, holding rallies in most major cities.

By the end of the fortnight, Sanders was building infrastructure in Texas, where he hopes for a decent showing.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #371 on: June 10, 2017, 08:57:43 AM »

Marco Rubio: Debate Answers Part I

Opening Statements

Good evening ladies and gentlemen.

This is Barack Obama's last full year in office. This will finally be the end of eight years of weakness and lack of economic progress due to big government policies, higher taxes and regulations that cost jobs across this country, offshored American businesses overseas, made us much more dependent on foreign oil, made us less competitive in the world economy and increased the deficit. This will be the end eight years of international insecurity caused by President Obama's cuts in defense budget and disengagement from the fight against terrorism and from the crusade for freedom, security and democracy, which contributed to ISIS' rise and to waves of terrorist attacks around the world including here in America as we saw it in Boston, in Garland and in San Bernardino, got Iran closer to a nuclear bomb, empowered Kim Jong-un and North Korea's nuclear arsenal and allowed Russia to invade Ukraine and to annex Crimea. But if Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders are elected, we will see a continuation of Barack Obama's anti-free market and job-killing policies and weak foreign policy that will encourage terrorists to conduct attacks against us.

But if I'm elected as the 45th President of the United States, we will promote free market by cutting taxes and regulations on the American people and for business owners to make our people more able to consume and to make our businesses growing again to create jobs, we will get America to energy independence, balance the budget and reform our education system. We will promote real American leadership by reinforcing our military, our alliances and our diplomacy in order to defeat ISIS, to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons and to maintain peace and stability on the Pacific against North Korea. This will be a New American Century marked by American greatness as well as by America's security, prosperity and status as the land of opportunity and as the hope of the Earth.

To All The Candidates: How do protect both American workers and promote free trade around the globe?

Well, I support free trade deals that are good for America. We're 5 percent of the world's population. If all we do is sell things to each other, we can only sell to 5 percent of the people on Earth. We need to have access to the hundreds of millions of people in the world today who can afford to buy things.

The problem is we're a low-tariff country. To import something into the United States is not very expensive, but many of these countries we can't export to because their tariffs are too high. So I am in favor of deals that allow us to bring down those tariffs so that America can sell things to all these people around the world. There are good trade deals and there are bad ones. So for example, in my home state of Florida we have benefited from the free trade deal with Colombia. It allowed flower exporters to come into the United States but it created jobs for hundreds of people who are now delivering those flowers and working in that industry. We have a surplus with Colombia.

On the other hand, you've seen trade deals like in Mexico that have been less than promising in some aspects, better in others. The bottom line is I believe that America, if given access to foreign markets, our workers are the most productive in the world, our people are the most innovative on this planet. If it is a free and fair trade deal, we can compete against anyone in the world, and we need to do it in the 21st century.

Unlike Senator Paul and Mr. Pearcy, I am the only one on this stage who is proposing conservative solutions to the economic challenges facing our country. The reason why we are losing jobs is because the Obama administration is diminishing free enterprise by increasing the size of government and because we have the highest corporate taxes in the developed world. We have a 40 % corporate tax rate while Singapore's corporate tax rate is at 17 %, Canada's corporate tax rate at 26 % and South Korea's corporate tax rate at 24 %. So my plan is to reduce our corporate taxes to 20 % in order to increase our businesses' ability to create jobs and to reinforce America's ability to compete with all these countries, which will promote free and fair trade and ensure job creation here in the United States.

The right way to boost our manufacturing industry is not to rip our trade deals. If we want to revive and boost our manufacturing industry, we have to reduce sales tax on manufacturing equipment, which is exactly what Governor Nikki Haley did here in South Carolina, which partly contributed to a reduction of the unemployment rate in the Palmetto State from 12 % in 2009 to 5 % today. We need to cut taxes and regulations on America's manufacturing industry and our manufacturing businesses. That way, manufacturing business owners will decide that America is still the best place in the world to do business, we're going to make sure that we will keep American manufacturing jobs here in America and that we make our manufacturing industry dynamic again and much more able to be competitive, to produce, to manufacture, to sell and to create good-paying manufacturing jobs. That's how we're going to protect American workers while promoting free trade.

Because America's prosperity comes from the ingenuity and entrepreneurship and hard work of the American people. That's how America will reclaim its economic strength and give to every American the privilege to live the American Dream and to earn prosperity here on the land of opportunity.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #372 on: June 10, 2017, 08:58:12 AM »

Marco Rubio: Debate Answers Part II

Sen. Rubio, one of the knocks against you by your opponents is your relative inexperience. Why are you most qualified to be President?

Well, this was an argument used against Barack Obama when he ran in 2008 while being a first term senator. But Barack Obama is not a bad president because he lacks experience. He is a bad president because of his ideas and ideology that weakened our national defense and our military, encouraged our enemies and contributed to the rise of ISIS and to multiplied terrorist attacks around the world, weakened free enterprise through big government policies such as higher and excessive regulations and taxes that diminished the American people's purchasing power, made America a harder place to do business and to create jobs, made us dependent on foreign energy and increased the deficit. And that's why we are living the slowest economic growth in America's history. As President, I will do the exact opposite by cutting taxes and regulations for all the American people, by encouraging free enterprise, by arming anti-ISIS forces, especially the Kurds, and by reinforcing our military as well as our security measures and our alliances to keep America safe and prosperous.

While some of my opponents, especially Senator Paul and Mr. Pearcy, seek to pursue the same failed foreign policy and the same failed national security policies of the last eight years by cutting in defense budget and weakening our Homeland Security, which will encourage our enemies, decrease our allies' trust in us and hand a victory to ISIS and international radical Islamic terrorism. In addition, Mr. Pearcy called to reinstate Dodd-Frank, which is an anti-free market policy that made big banks bigger, choked small banks, reduced consumer choice and contributed to small businesses' decline by wiping out over 40 % of small and mid-size banks that loan money to small businesses. And Mr. Pearcy would be on the job training if he's elected. The next President must not be on the job training. Our nominee must be ready to be President on Day One and needs to have the experience, judgement and leadership to lead this country in this difficult time of uncertainty, of slow economy heading to a recession, of national division, of growing terrorist threat and of growing international insecurity.

I actually have more experience than Barack Obama had when he first ran for President. As a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and as a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, I know what it takes to restore free market and free enterprise, to create jobs, to make American businesses competitive again and to ensure America's prosperity. As a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations as well as of the Select Committee on Intelligence, I know what it takes to keep America safe, to fight and defeat radical Islamic terrorism, to make sure that Iran never gets nuclear weapons and to maintain peace and security on the Pacific.

I am the most qualified candidate on this stage to be President because I have a clear and great record of accomplishments. In the Senate, I cosponsored the AGREE Act that increased tax credits and exemptions for companies investing in R & D, equipment and other capital and gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise. Three years ago, I cosponsored the Regulation Costs to Small Businesses Act, which required the Small Business Administration to conduct an annual study to estimate the total cost of regulations on small businesses. I successfully sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure that empowered the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats. I pushed for Venezuela human rights sanctions that passed into law in order to condemn the tyrannical Venezuelan regime of Nicolas Maduro and to promote freedom and democracy in this country. Passage of my sponsored Girls Count Act increased U.S. foreign assistance on the establishment of birth registries to properly document childbirth and prevent kids' exploitation, trafficking or exclusion from society. My efforts to defund Obamacare saved taxpayers $2.5 billion that would have bailed out health insurance companies under Obamacare if we didn't act. I authored legislation that became law and that sanctions Hezbollah and, by extension, Iran for supporting terrorism. And now, in order to stop North Korea from reinforcing its nuclear arsenal and to keep us safe against the North Korean threat, I'm cosponsoring, alongside Senator Gardner, the North Korea Sanctions and Policy Enhancement Act of 2016 that would increase sanctions against North Korea and against companies or banks that transfer dollars to the regime of Kim Jong-un.

So the bottom line is that I am the most qualified to be President. All my accomplishments that I just mentioned as well as my experience are one of the reasons why I am the only one on this stage who can defeat Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders and that experience will help us to get America back on track and on the right direction once and for all.

To all the candidates: is climate change real, does man contribute to it, and how we combat it?

Well, the climate has always been changing. There's never been a time in Earth's history when the climate has not changed. I think the fundamental question for a policy maker is, is the climate changing because of something we are doing and if so, is there a law you can pass to fix it? When it comes to flooding in Miami, for example, it's caused by two things. Number one, south Florida is largely built on land that was once a swamp. And number two, because if there is higher sea levels or whatever it may be happening, we do need to deal with that through mitigation. And I have long supported mitigation efforts. But as far as a law that we can pass in Washington to change the weather, there's no such thing.

On the contrary, there are laws they want to us pass that would be devastating for our economy or these programs like what the president has put in with the Clean Power Act or all these sorts of things that he's forcing down our throats on the war on coal.

Let me tell you who is going to pay the price of that? Americans are going to pay the price of that. The cost of doing that is going to be rammed down the throats of the American consumer, the single parents who are already struggling across this country to provide for their families, the working families who are going to see increases in the cost of living and the businesses who are going to leave America because it's more expensive to do business here than anywhere else.

So we are not going to destroy our economy. We are not going to make America a harder place to create jobs in order to pursue policies that will do absolutely nothing to change our climate, to change our weather, because America is a lot of things, the greatest country in the world, absolutely. But America is not a planet. And we are not even the largest carbon producer anymore, China is. And they're drilling a hole and digging anywhere in the world that they can get a hold of and India is still going to be polluting at historic levels. So, I am in favor of a clean environment. My children live in South Florida. My family is being raised here. I want America to be a safe and clean place, but these laws that this administration is asking us to pass will do nothing for the environment and hurt our economy.

Here's my plan to face these challenges. We need to reduce taxes and regulations on America's energy industry and to promote oil drilling and production here in America in order to make sure that our country will take advantage of all of our sources of energy, which will create hundreds of thousands of new jobs. We will use a part of the revenues from oil drilling to develop renewable energies such as wind, nuclear, solar and hydroelectric energies, which will contribute to further job creation in America and help us to improve our environmental footprint without hurting our economy.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #373 on: June 10, 2017, 08:59:41 AM »

Marco Rubio: Debate Answers Part III

Sen Rubio, Senator Bernie Sanders has called for a medicare for all system; what is your plan to address health care in the United States, outside of the standard Republican line of repeal and replace Obamacare?

My health care reform plan includes three primary components :

First, I will work with Congress to create an advanceable, refundable tax credit that all Americans can use to purchase health insurance. The value of these credits should increase every year, and we should set the tax preference for employer-sponsored insurance on a glide path to ensure that it will equal the level of the credits within a decade. This will prevent large-scale disruptions and reform a provision in our tax code that has been driving up health costs, hurting those who are self-employed and preventing Americans from having truly portable health insurance plans that travel with them regardless of where they work.

Second, I will reform insurance regulations to lower costs, encourage innovation, and protect the vulnerable. Those with pre-existing conditions should have access to affordable care through mechanisms such as federally-supported, actuarially-sound and state-based high risk pools. Americans should be able to purchase coverage across state lines so they can seek out affordable coverage regardless of where they live. And consumer-centered products like Health Savings Accounts should be encouraged and expanded. Finally, under no circumstances should taxpayers be asked to bail out an insurance company that loses money, as is currently the case under ObamaCare.

Third, I will take up the difficult work of saving and strengthening Medicare and Medicaid by placing them on fiscally-sustainable paths. Without reforms, these programs will eventually run out of money. We must move Medicaid into a per-capita block grant system, preserving funding for its recipients while freeing states from Washington mandates. While current seniors on Medicare, like my mother, should see no changes to the program, future generations should be transitioned into a premium support system. A premium support model will empower seniors with choice and market competition just like Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D already do.

While other measures may be necessary to undo the damage done by ObamaCare, I believe these three concepts are the core of a plan to lower costs and put patients and families back in control of their healthcare decisions. Unlike ObamaCare, my reforms will not be forced through Congress in the dark of night without accountability. They will not stretch the Constitution to its breaking point or rely on questionable Supreme Court decisions to survive. And, perhaps most importantly, they will not raise taxes on the American people.

Obamacare’s failures should be all the proof Washington needs that the time has come for a new direction—one that empowers the American consumer, expands choices, and reduces the role of the federal government in healthcare. It’s time to set a new precedent in Washington by sending a new president to Washington. I think I have the necessary experience and vision to improve our healthcare system and make this century the next American century.

Sen. Rubio, do you support Pres. Obama's recent executive order on gun control?

No, of course not. Absolutely not.

President Obama's unconstitutional executive order on gun control are among the reasons why I am proud to be a conservative, a constitutional conservative Republican and a defender of the Second Amendment.

And I'd like to recognize Governor Haley, who is endorsing me, for her incredible leadership in the aftermath of the Emanuel AME church killings here in South Carolina. And I also want to recognize the people in that church that showed the grace of God and the grace of forgiveness and the mercy that they showed.

Barack Obama wants to take people's guns away, which is in violation of the Second Amendment.

Look, the Second Amendment is not an option. It is not a suggestion. It is a constitutional right of every American to be able to protect themselves and their families. I am convinced that if this president could confiscate every gun in America, he would. I am convinced that this president, if he could get rid of the Second Amendment, he would. I am convinced because I see how he works with his attorney general, not to defend the Second Amendment, but to figure out ways to undermine it. I have seen him appoint people to our courts not to defend the Second Amendment, but to figure out ways to undermine it.

Here's the second problem. None of these instances that the president points to as the reason why he's doing these things would have been preventive. You know why? Because criminals don't buy their guns from a gun show. They don't buy their guns from a collector. And they don't buy their guns from a gun store. They steal them. They get them on the black market.

And let me tell you, ISIS and terrorists do not get their guns from a gun show. If there's an act of violence in America, Obama's immediate answer before he even knows the facts is gun control. Here's a fact. We are in a war against ISIS, against radical Islamic terrorism. They are trying to attack us here in America. Last week, they attacked us in Philadelphia where a police officer was killed. They attacked us in San Bernardino last month. They attacked us in Garland 8 months ago.

When I'm President of the United States, we will defend the Second Amendment, not undermine it the way Barack Obama does. We will authorize the attorney general to delay transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists. That's how we're going to stop terrorists from orchestrating massive shootings while protecting the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States.

To all the candidates: How do you deal with the continued threat from North Korea?

North Korea has become much more dangerous than ever before and Kim Jong-un is seeking to develop Pyongyang's nuclear program in order to trigger nuclear attacks against South Korea, our allies and us. We can't let that happen.

My plan to fight the threat from North Korea has five basic points :

Number one, putting North Korea back on the list of state sponsors of terror. They should never have been removed from that list since they supported terrorist activities such as the 1987 bombing of Korean Air flight 858, gave asylum to Japanese Communist League-Red Army Faction members, orchestrated the Rangoon bombing in 1983, which was an assassination attempt against former South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan, and are now developing nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction to attack us and our allies. But they can be put back on that list and that's what I will do as President of the United States.

Number two, additional sanctions especially on their leadership who holds significant assets overseas. They need to be punished individually because while that country has no economy, their leaders are very wealthy and are putting their nuclear arsenal ahead of the needs of the North Korean people, using most of their money to reinforce their oppressive regime and to empower their nuclear program.

Number three, as provided in my co-sponsored North Korea Sanctions and Policy Enhancement Act of 2016, we have to impose sanctions on any individual, company or bank around the world that serve as financial intermediaries for dollar transactions to North Korea to help this tyrannical and corrupt regime to evade U.N. sanctions and to fund the development of North Korean nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction. That way, we can stop North Korea from getting such a powerful arsenal.

Number four, we need to rebuild our military alliances in the Asia-Pacific region. And that includes Japan, South Korea and others. That's why, in order to maintain peace and security on the Pacific, I proposed the creation of a NATO-like military association that I call Pacific Treaty Organization (PTO), but that would include the United States and its allies around the Pacific, especially Canada, Japan, South Korea and Australia. It goes back to the point I made about our navy. Our navy is technologically very capable, but our ships still cannot be in two places at once. So you can't provide the level of security we need in the Asia-Pacific region with the smallest navy in a hundred years, not to mention the issues we have with China in the South China Sea. So rebuilding our military, especially our navy, and reinforcing our navy's presence in the Asia-Pacific region in particular is critically important.

Number five, we need to recommit to missile defense. North Korea already possesses intercontinental missiles capable of reaching Hawaii, Guam and maybe even Alaska as well as the West Coast of the United States. We need a comprehensive missile defense system for the entire continental United States, both West Coast ad East Coast, as well as for Alaska and Hawaii in order to guard against the Iranian threat and also to guard against the North Korean threat. And that's a multi-faceted defense system. It involves naval assets near and theater and includes working with the Japanese that have a very capable navy it also includes missile defense units deployed both on the East Coast and West Coast because if trends continue, this lunatic and tyrannical leader in North Korea will possess a missile and a warhead capable of reaching the United States and we better be able to shoot it down before it gets anywhere near us and we need to invest and recommit to that again for the sake of America's security and international peace and stability. That way, the Pacific Ocean will remain pacific.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #374 on: June 10, 2017, 09:00:17 AM »

Marco Rubio: Debate Answers Part IV

Closing Statements

You know, 200 years ago, America was founded on this powerful principle that our rights don't come from government. Our rights come from God.

That's why we embraced free enterprise, and it made us the most prosperous people in the history of the world. That's why we embraced individual liberty, and we became the freest people ever, and the result was the American miracle.

But now as I travel the four corners of the country, people say what I feel. This country is changing. It feels different. We feel like we're being left behind and left out.

And the reason is simple : because in 2008, we elected as president someone who wasn't interested in fixing America. We elected someone as president who wants to change America, who wants to make it more like the rest of the world.

And so he undermines the Constitution, and he undermines free enterprise by expanding government, and he betrays our allies and cuts deals with our enemies and guts our military. And tomorrow is the release date of a new movie titled « 13 Hours » and that will debut about the incredible bravery of the men fighting for their lives in Benghazi and those who abandoned them. I want to speak to all the moms and dads whose sons and daughters are fighting for this country, and the incredible sense of betrayal when you have a commander-in-chief who will not even speak the name of our enemy, radical Islamic terrorism, when you have a commander-in- chief who sends $150 billion to the Ayatollah Khamenei, who shouted « Death to America », who's responsible for murdering hundreds of our servicemen and women and will use this money to develop nuclear weapons and help Iran to destroy Israel and to orchestrate nuclear attacks against the United States and its allies. This must and will end in exactly one year from now on January 20th 2017.

And that's why 2016 is a turning point in our history. If we elect Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders, the next four years will be worse than the last eight, and our children will be the first Americans ever to inherit a diminished country. But if you elect me, we will turn this country around, we will reclaim the American Dream, this nation will be stronger and greater than it has ever been and our children as well as future generations will be the freest and most prosperous Americans ever.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies