Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:29:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 58
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 125888 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: June 15, 2017, 08:01:07 PM »

I'm having major computer troubles, so if anyone wants to step in as Warren, please let NHI know quickly. I will approve anyone willing to take over, but should no one do so by the conclusion of this turn (Thursday 11PM) Warren will drop out and endorse Sanders.

Why would she drop out right before the Iowa Caucuses?

I don't have access to a computer on a regular basis at the moment, so this has nothing to do with the campaign itself.

If NHI wants to write it as a loss in the caucuses and Warren dropping out and endorsing Sanders immediately thereafter I have no problems with that.

This is fine wth me. I've heard from no one yet.

Iowa caucus results tonight!

I managed to solve my computer problems, so Warren can in theory continue. However, if you (NHI) feels honor bound to stand by our earlier agreement than that is fine.

Thanks for being understanding NHI.

Glad to hear the matter is resolved. Would love to have you continue as Warren!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2017, 08:02:11 PM »

moderator's note:

I have been so impressed by everyone's contributions. Hats off to all! Thank you for allowing me to take over the role as the game's moderator. I look forward to the next rounds!!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #427 on: June 15, 2017, 08:02:40 PM »

I'm having major computer troubles, so if anyone wants to step in as Warren, please let NHI know quickly. I will approve anyone willing to take over, but should no one do so by the conclusion of this turn (Thursday 11PM) Warren will drop out and endorse Sanders.

Why would she drop out right before the Iowa Caucuses?

I don't have access to a computer on a regular basis at the moment, so this has nothing to do with the campaign itself.

If NHI wants to write it as a loss in the caucuses and Warren dropping out and endorsing Sanders immediately thereafter I have no problems with that.

This is fine wth me. I've heard from no one yet.

Iowa caucus results tonight!

I managed to solve my computer problems, so Warren can in theory continue. However, if you (NHI) feels honor bound to stand by our earlier agreement than that is fine.

Thanks for being understanding NHI.

Glad to hear the matter is resolved. Would love to have you continue as Warren!

Then Warren is staying in... sorry for confusing everyone.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #428 on: June 15, 2017, 08:03:29 PM »

moderator's note:

I have been so impressed by everyone's contributions. Hats off to all! Thank you for allowing me to take over the role as the game's moderator. I look forward to the next rounds!!

Thanks for being willing to take over, and saving our collective behinds.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #429 on: June 15, 2017, 08:03:54 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2018, 07:43:30 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad
Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad explaining why Marco Rubio is the one Republican presidential candidate that the Democrats fear to face on the general election and that is most likely to defeat the Democratic nominee.

The ad titled « The Candidate Democrats Fear to Face » airs nationwide (in all the 50 states)

« The Candidate Democrats Fear to Face » ad narration :

There is no question that Marco Rubio is the Republican candidate Democrats fear most. Definitely the Republican that Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders don't want to face. He is the only one who can defeat the Democratic nominee.

During his Senate run in 2010, Marco Rubio won 55 % of Hispanic voters in Florida, 44 % of female voters, 38 % of young voters (18-29 years old) and 51 % of Independent voters despite Charlie Crist's Independent candidacy, which explains his landslide victory. If he managed to do it in Florida, he can do it again nationwide.

He is a national security expert with proven leadership marked by Venezuela human rights sanctions that condemned the Maduro regime's reprehension, by law sanctioning the Hezbollah and by the North Korea Sanctions and Enhancement Policy Act of 2016 that is now sanctioning the Chinese companies transferring money to North Korea to help Kim Jong-un to develop its nuclear program and to trigger a nuclear war. He has all the national security experience and judgement to defeat terrorism while some of his rivals have no plan to fight and destroy terrorism.

He understands the economy better than any candidate running in this race. He co-sponsored the AGREE Act that increased tax credits and exemptions for companies investing in R & D, equipment and other capital and gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise in addition of sponsoring the Regulation Costs to Small Businesses Act, which required the Small Business Administration to conduct an annual study to estimate the total cost of regulations on small businesses.

He outsmarted the Democrats on Obamacare. Conservative, effective, inspiring. He took on the establishment. He will unite the Republican Party, grow it and lead us to victory in November. The next generation of conservative leadership is now.

I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #430 on: June 15, 2017, 08:07:13 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2017, 10:50:06 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Video Message

Pre-Caucus Message From Jeanette Rubio and the Children

In an effort to encourage all of Marco Rubio's supporters in Iowa to come out, to go to the polls and to vote for Marco Rubio on February 1 in order to increase their turnout, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts a pre-caucus video message featuring Jeanette Rubio (Rubio's wife) and their four children Amanda, Daniella, Anthony and Dominick encouraging Rubio supporters to make their voice heard in the Iowa caucuses and to vote for Rubio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb--e2bEZEg

Jeanette Rubio : Hi, this is Jeanette Rubio. And we're here in Iowa with...

Anthony Rubio : Anthony

Dominick Rubio : Dominick

Daniella Rubio : Daniella

Amanda Rubio : Amanda

Jeanette Rubio : And we want to say thank you for your wonderful hospitality through this past year and for all the stories that we've heard from many of you. Please remember to come out and caucus for Marco. We need you and can't do this without your support. Thank you and God bless you all.

[At the end of the video, Dominick Rubio, Rubio's youngest son, points to Marco Rubio's campaign logo written on his sweater in a way to say « Vote for my dad Marco Rubio »]
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #431 on: June 15, 2017, 08:24:30 PM »

Iowa Caucuses: Flash Poll
Marco Rubio: 39%
Rand Paul: 26%
Stephen Pearcy: 22%
Other/Undecided: 9%

Elizabeth Warren: 49%
Bernie Sanders: 48%
Other/Undecided:: 3%

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #432 on: June 15, 2017, 09:10:26 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2018, 07:45:50 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio rally with voters at Principal Park in Des Moines, Iowa, in response to Rand Paul

We have to take the lessons of the terrorist attacks in San Bernardino, last December. The reason why this terrorist attack happened is because our security measures were weakened, because we did not have access to records, information and other items under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act that would have allowed us to identify these killers before they attacked. The reason of this matter of fact is because some Senators, including Rand Paul, voted in favor of weakening our surveillance program on June 2015, six months before the attack in San Bernardino. That's why we need to reinforce our security measures for the  sake of a stronger security and a stronger freedom because terrorists are actually the ones who are threatening our liberty and our values that are defended by the Constitution of the United States. And just like we can read on Iowa's flag « Our Liberties We Prize and Our Rights We Will Maintain ».

[Loud applause from the audience]

[Chanting USA! USA! USA!]

Over the last few months, we've seen the true face of Rand Paul's campaign. Rand offers nothing, he proposes nothing. The only thing he does is attacking, attacking and attacking his opponents, which is bringing divisions among our party. We need to stay on issues because I think the American people deserves a discussion about how to beat the Democrats and about how to manage the economy. It was President Reagan who said we shouldn't be attacking fellow Republicans. My friends, this divide in the party will only cause problems in trying to get the American people to believe in the conservative cause once again. We are all conservatives fighting to take back the presidency. So Rand, as a fellow Republican, I hope that you will not make the mistakes of the past two elections.

[Loud applause from the audience]
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #433 on: June 15, 2017, 09:54:51 PM »

CLINT EASTWOOD on a GOTV Iowa video

*Clint Eastwood comes out dressed as Dirty Harry*

I know you want your thinking, Stephen Pearcy?

Well to tell you the truth with all this excitement I am lost track of myself but

being that he is a different kind of the Republican. He is the most dangerous candidate to the Washington establishment and wants to wipe them out of power.

And yes I feel lucky punk. Cause I just voted for a man who offers real change and the most conservative economic platform in this race.  

Go ahead make my day vote for Pearcy right now.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #434 on: June 15, 2017, 09:59:40 PM »

Marco Rubio's response to Rand Paul in Davenport, Iowa

The division we had among our party in 1976 is a reason why we had a contested convention and such division is among the reasons why we lost in 1976, which gave us four dark years of economic decline through big government policy and higher inflation and of growing geopolitical threat from the Soviet Union that was about to take the advantage over the United States. We can't afford four more years of big government and growing terrorist threat. So we need to avoid the mistakes of the past. When our nominee will be selected, we need to bring all conservatives together to defeat the Democratic nominee and to get this country back on track once and for all.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #435 on: June 15, 2017, 10:02:06 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2017, 10:36:42 PM by NHI »

Yes; I attended a Caucus before Voting in 2016: (54% of the vote)
Marco Rubio: 36%
Rand Paul: 32%
Stephen Pearcy: 19%
Jerry Moran: 13%

No; this is my first Caucus: (45% of the vote)
Marco Rubio: 40%
Rand Paul: 27%
Stephen Pearcy: 23%
Jerry Moran: 10%

Yes; I attended a Caucus before Voting in 2016: (54% of the vote)
Elizabeth Warren: 50%
Bernie Sanders: 49%

No; this is my first Caucus: (45% of the vote)
Bernie Sanders: 51%
Elizabeth Warren: 49%

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #436 on: June 15, 2017, 10:03:52 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2017, 10:31:09 PM by NHI »

Iowa Caucuses: Republican & Democratic Results

Breaking News:

Blitzer: Senator Marco Rubio is out with an early lead in the first results coming in. Here is a snap shot of the race in Iowa.

Iowa Caucuses: Republican Primary
Marco Rubio: 43%
Rand Paul: 26%
Stephen Pearcy: 20%
Other: 11%

Rubio: 43%
Paul: 26%
Pearcy: 20%
Jerry Moran: 11%
Blitzer: Senator Rubio is out with a strong lead. We'll turn it over to our panel.

Anderson Cooper: Thank you Wolf, Okay Panel, you've seen a quick snapshot. It's early, but good night for Senator Rubio?

Ana Navaro: Great night for the Florida Senator! Bravo. Bravo. Yes, it's early, but I think this is a good sign of things to come tonight.

David Axelrod: I agree it's early, but if that margin holds then I think Senator Rubio is going to have a very, very decent night and I can say as Democrat, looking at the exit polling, he's running up the scoreboard.

Cooper: Right. According to our exit poll data he's winning the youth vote, albeit narrowly over Rand Paul, 40% to 33% - and --

Blitzer: Anderson, please hold that thought as we make a major projection:

CNN BREAKING NEWS: PROJECTION --

PROJECTION:  ✓ MARCO RUBIO WINS IOWA CAUCUSES

Blitzer: CNN can now project Florida Senator Marco Rubio will finish first in the Iowa Caucuses.
He wins by a convincingly bigger margin than polls suggested. Marco Rubio, the first term Senator from Florida is our projected winner in the Republican Iowa Caucuses. He wins the first big contest of the Republican primary tonight.

Cooper: There you have it. Our first call. Marco Rubio wins the Iowa Caucuses.

Narvo: Watch out Bernie or Elizabeth. Marco is coming!

Delegate Count:
✓ Rubio: 12
Paul: 7
Pearcy: 5
Moran: 3

Breaking News: Early Lead For Warren
Elizabeth Warren: 51.50%
Bernie Sanders: 48.50%

Wolf Blitzer: A snapshot of the Democratic Primary race here in Iowa. Elizabeth Warren is holding onto a narrow lead, but Bernie Sanders is putting up quite a challenge her tonight.

Anderson Cooper: Panel, about as expected tonight. The polls suggested a close race and here we go.

David Axelrod: This is a battle between the establishment and the grassroots of the Democratic Party, and Elizabeth Warren is winning that fight, but is narrow, probably narrower than a lot of people expected.

Kirsten Powers: I'm not, David. Bernie Sanders has tapped into the energy of the base which feels largely ignored and forgotten by President Obama, and is looking for something real and genuine.

Axelrod: You wouldn't call Warren genuine?

Powers: Next to Bernie Sanders? No. She's become the establishment candidate, with Joe Biden out of the race and next to Bernie Sanders she is considered 'acceptable' to the donor class of the party.

11:09 PM EST
Elizabeth Warren: 50.97%
Bernie Sanders: 49.03%

Blitzer: Senator Warren continues to hold onto her lead, now with over half of the caucus preferences in and counted. It is sure to be a late night here on the Democratic side.

11:57 PM EST
Elizabeth Warren: 50.86%
Bernie Sander: 49.14%

1:14 AM EST

CNN PROJECTION: ELIZABETH WARREN WINS IOWA CAUCUSES

✓ Elizabeth Warren: 50.59%
Bernie Sander: 49.41%

Blitzer: CNN can now project Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren has won the Iowa Caucuses. She defeats challenger Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders in the first contest in the race for the Democratic Nomination. Again, CNN projects Elizabeth Warren the winner in Iowa tonight.

Elizabeth Warren: 23
Bernie Sander: 21

The next round will last from Feb. 2- Feb. 9. There will be a Democratic and Republican debate. The turn will close Monday at 10 PM EST
 Please check your inbox for questions.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #437 on: June 15, 2017, 10:17:30 PM »

Stephen Pearcy speech in New Hampshire after Iowa results

I want to First off congratulate Senator Rubio on his victory

*Crowd boos*

Now now we still are in this race and we are not dropping out

*Crowd cheers*

But this is just the beginning. After all the person who wins Iowa doesn't even win the GOP nomination so I guess it's a blessing in disguise.

I want to thank everyone who got the vote out and to every who voted and got support out in this great state.

We head in into New Hampshire a place where we probably will end up doing well. I have been campaigning in Nevada and New Hampshire the most since this campaign started and let's see if it pays off.

We have lost the battle but not the war.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #438 on: June 15, 2017, 10:19:03 PM »

Elizabeth Warren Victory Speech

It's been a long night, but we were able to emerge victorious. I congratulate Senator Sanders on the campaign he's run, and look forward to the battles in states ahead. We are one step closer to making history, and shattering the highest glass ceiling for women everywhere! We are going to break up the big banks and make our financial system fairer for the ordinary American! We can't do this without your help, America!
CMB222
United States

« Reply #439 on: June 15, 2017, 10:27:36 PM »

Why was I not included in the results? Moran has not dropped out. I even posted a schedule.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #440 on: June 15, 2017, 10:28:47 PM »

Why was I not included in the results? Moran has not dropped out. I even posted a schedule.

Looks like you got 10%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #441 on: June 15, 2017, 10:31:31 PM »

Looks like you got 10%
Edited and corrected to reflect Moran.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #442 on: June 15, 2017, 10:35:42 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2017, 08:21:57 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's victory speech in Des Moines, Iowa

Thank you, Iowa.

So this is the moment they said would never happen.

For months, they told us we had no chance. For months they told us because we offer too much optimism in a time of anger, we had no chance. For months they told us because we didn't have the right endorsements or the right political connections, we had no chance. They told me that we have no chance because my hair wasn't gray enough. They told me I needed to wait my turn, that I needed to wait in line. But tonight, tonight here in Iowa, the people of this great state have sent a very clear message. After seven years of Barack Obama, we are not waiting any longer to take our country back.

This is not a time for waiting. For everything that makes this nation great now hangs in the balance. This is a time where we need a president that will preserve, protect the constitution of the United States. Not one that undermines, attacks, and ignores the constitution of the United States. And here is a great example of this matter of fact : on Iowa's flag, we can read « Our Liberties We Prize and Our Rights We Will Maintain ».

This is a time for a president who will defend our Second Amendment rights. Not a president who undermines them. This is a time for a president that will rebuild the US military, because the world is a safer and a better place when the United States has the most powerful military in the world. This is no ordinary election. 2016 is not just a choice between two political parties. 2016 is a referendum. A referendum on our identity as a nation and as a people. In America, there are only two ways forward for us now.

We can either be greater than we've ever been or we can be a great nation in decline. If Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders get elected, if they were to win, we will be a great nation in decline. If they win, Obamacare becomes permanent. If they win, these unconstitutional executive orders from this president become permanent. If they win, our military continues to decline. And if they win, the balance of our Supreme Court will be controlled by liberal justices for over a decade or longer. They cannot win. And so tonight I thank you here in Iowa. I thank you because tonight we have taken the first step, but an important step toward winning this election.

I disagree with what Stephen Pearcy said about Iowa's importance in determining the Republican nominee because I think he is wrongly taking victory for granted. Actually, since 1976 three times out of seven, the winner of the Iowa caucuses won the Republican nomination.

If I am our nominee — and I will be our nominee, thanks to what you have done here in this great state — when I am our nominee, we are going to unify this party, and we are going to unify the conservative movement. When I'm our nominee, we are going to grow the conservative movement. We're going to take our message to the people who are struggling paycheck to paycheck. To the students living under the burden of student loans. To the families struggling to raise their children with the right values, we will take our message to them and bring them to our side. When I am our nominee, we will defeat Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders or whoever they nominate.

I want to thank an all powerful and mighty God for the chance that he has given us to be a part of this endeavor here in Iowa. It's been a phenomenal experience. I want to thank my wife and my family. And I want to thank all of you for this contribution to our victory here in the Huckeye state.

Two centuries ago an extraordinary generation living in one place at one time in America — colonists of an English colony — declared their independence from the most powerful empire in the world. They did it with the powerful words and principle that our rights come from our creator, they do not come from our government. And the rest is a two-century history of the most extraordinary nation known to mankind. I know America is special. I was raised to people who knew what life was like outside of America.

I was raised by people who came to this country with nothing, they barely spoke English at the time. They had no money. My father stopped going to school when he was nine years old, he had to go work.

He would never go back to school. He would work for the next 70 years of his life. My parents arrived in this country, they struggled. They were discouraged but they persevered. Less than a decade after they arrived here with nothing, my father a bartender on Miami beach, they owned a home. Not a mansion, but a safe and stable home in a safe and stable neighborhood. Decades later they would retire with dignity and security. And the most important thing of all for them, they left all four of their children with a life better than their own. This was the purpose of my parents' life: to give their kids, us, the chance to do all the things they never could.

That's not just my story. That's our story, that's America's story. That's the story of your parents — you know the stories of your parents who sacrificed and gave up so much so you could be what they could not. It's the story of those parents today who are doing the same for their children. It is this that makes America special. And this is what we fight now to preserve.

This is the kind of country that I want to leave for my children. This is the kind of country your children deserve to inherit as well. And this is what we must now decide. Whether we will remain that kind of country, or whether we will be the first generation to lose it. It's an important choice. And one that each generation before us has had to make. For America is not a special country by accident. America is a great nation. Because each generation before us did their part. Each generation before us sacrificed, they confronted their challenges, they embraced their opportunities, and for over two centuries, each generation has left the next better off than themselves.

Now the time has come for us to do the same. Now the moment has arrived for this generation of Americans to rise up to the calling of our heritage. Now the time has come for us to take our place and do what we must. And when I'm elected president of these great United States, we will do our part.

When I am elected president, when we together achieve this victory, we will embrace all the principles that made America great and we will apply them to the unique challenges of this new century. When our work is done, here is what history will say of this generation. It will say that we lived in the early years of this new century, in an uncertain and difficult time, but we remembered who we were. We rose up to the challenge of our time. We confronted our problems and solved them. Because they did, the American dream didn't just survive; it reached more people and changed more lives than ever before. Because we did, our children and grandchildren grew up to be the freest and most prosperous Americans that ever lived.

Because we did what needed to be done, the 21st century wasn't just as good as the 20th century, it was better. It was a new American century. This is the task before us. And I thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ, I thank God for allowing me the opportunity to come this far with each of you.

I am grateful to you, Iowa, you believed in me when others didn't think this night would be possible. When perhaps you were lost in the daily narrative, perhaps it was time to step aside, you believed in me. You walked with us, you made the calls and knocked on doors. You made a huge difference tonight. I will be back here in October of next year and September of this year because — I said next year, I'll be back next year too — but I'm going to be back in October and September of this year because when I'm our nominee, we are going to win Iowa, and we are going to win this election for this country. And so Iowa thank you so much. We will never forget you, we will see you soon again. We still have work to do to win the nomination. And New Hampshire, we will see you in the morning.

Thank you, God bless you all. God bless Iowa and God bless the United States of America. Thank you very much.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #443 on: June 15, 2017, 10:41:57 PM »

Endorsements:

Elizabeth Warren:
Janice Hahn, The New York Times, NARAL, Andrew Cuomo, Jimmy Carter, Rush Holt, Ted Deutch and Mazie Hirono.

Marco Rubio:
Dennis Cook, Chairman of Young Republicans, endorse Marco Rubio because he's convinced that 44-year old Marco Rubio is the best Republican presidential candidate in this race to attract young voters and because Rubio understands the economic and social struggles of the Millennials.

Robert Bentley, Governor of Alabama,  endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on social, economic and foreign policy issues and also due to their shared opposition to amnesty.

Dan Sullivan, Alaska Senator,  endorse Marco Rubio due to shared hawkish views.

Ron Corbett, Mayor of Cedar Rapids (Iowa), endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on abortion, freedom of religion and gun rights.

Scott Taylor, Virginia congressman, endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on foreign policy issues.

Susan Collins, Maine Senator, endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic issues and foreign policy issues.

Phil Scott, candidate for Vermont Governor, endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic issues and free trade.

Asa Hutchinson, Governor of Arkansas, endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic and social issues.

Rob Wittman, Virginia congressman, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic and foreign policy issues.

Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic issues and their shared strong fiscal responsibility position.

Stephen Pearcy:
Frank Edelblut GOP Nevada senate  candidate,  Andrew Bacevich, Govenor of Guam Eddie Calvo,  Sean Duffy and a total surprise former Democratic senator from Virginia Jim Webb.

Bernie Sanders:
Governor John Bel Edwards of Louisiana: "I may be a Blue Dog,  but one thing I believe is that Sanders is speaking common sense on economics. We may disagree on social issues, but economics . . . well we agree 100%"

Senator Debbie Stabenow: "I'm from Michigan. I've seen what conservatove government has done to my state. If you want a President that will fight tooth and nail for the average America, then Senator Sanders is your candidate"

Lieutenant-Governor Gavin Newsom: "Jerry (Brown) has already endorsed him, and I can see why. Senator Sanders has proved that he is the candidate of the working class and middle class, and I will be proud to cast a ballot for him."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #444 on: June 15, 2017, 11:01:47 PM »

NH Primary Poll: Post Iowa (ABC/WASH POST)

Rand Paul:     33% (+5)
Marco Rubio: 28%
Stephen Pearcy: 21%
Jerry Moran: 9%
Undecided: 9%

Bernie Sanders:    48% (+2)
Elizabeth Warren: 46%
Undecided: 6%

IOWA TAKEAWAYS:

GOP

- Marco Rubio is the clear frontrunner for the Republican nomination.
- Expect fire to come at Rubio from all sides.
- Both Rand Paul and Stephen Pearcy took a combined 46% of the vote in Iowa.
- The libertarian/anti-establishment candidate will likely be decided after NH.
- Pearcy and Paul could draw from the same vote in NH, which could benefit Rubio.
- The collapse of Jerry Moran's campaign efforts in Iowa have hurt him heading into the next contests, but South Carolina maybe fertile ground him for him to stake a comeback. Polls show polling second in the Palmetto State. 42% for Rubio and 23% for Moran. 

DEMOCRATS:
- Elizabeth Warren held off Bernie Sanders; albeit narrowly - but a win is a win.
- Bernie Sanders is the progressive and grassroots choice and energy clear lies with him, not withstanding Warren's historic candidacy.
- Sanders is poised to ride a wave of momentum into New Hampshire, after his close loss in Iowa.
- Sanders' proximity to NH is a blessing, but Warren is from MA, where the main media market is located -- this could benefit Warren greatly in the ad war.

National Polling: Gallup

Republicans

Rubio: 39% (+15)
Paul:   24%
Pearcy: 17%
Moran: 11%
Undecided: 9%

Democrats:
Warren: 47% (+4)
Sanders: 43%
Undecided: 10%

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #445 on: June 15, 2017, 11:52:42 PM »

STEPHEN PEARCY WARHAWK AD THAT AIRS THROUGHOUT NEW HAMPSHIRE

*A voiceover appears*

Marco Rubio told Stephen Pearcy that he wasn't a hawk. However his record says otherwise.

Senator Rubio voted for the disastrous Libya coup that made Libya worse,

Senator Rubio has voted to keep the drone strike program going which as expanded the war on terror into the Middle East onto Yemen and which has failed to take out targets most of the time.

Senator Rubio always flip flopped on the Iran deal. In 2012 he said he was for it but now he is against it Which is it?

Stephen Pearcy will only get into conflict with necessarily and will stop the expansion of the Middle East wars the establishment push on us.

I'm Stephen Pearcy and I approve this message
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #446 on: June 16, 2017, 07:21:08 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2017, 08:38:40 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Stephen Pearcy's ad in Manchester, New Hampshire

In Stephen Pearcy's most recent negative ad, we have heard one of the biggest lies we've ever heard in American politics. He claimed that I flip flopped on the Iran deal and that I supported it in 2012. That is simply not true. This is just another lie.

I have never supported the Iran deal and I never changed my position on that issue. I would never support any compromise with whoever shouts « Death to America ». What I said at that time is that we should ne open to negociations in order to get the necessary conditions to make sure that Iran will never become a military nuclear power. But dialogue has failed and we have to take action. We need to reinforce our partnerships with our Middle Eastern allies, including Iran's neighbors, in order to increase pressure on Tehran. We need to restore sanctions against Iran to make sure they will not get the necessary revenues from the lifting of these sanctions to develop nuclear weapons. That's how we're going to stop a war with Iran from being triggered. I have the experience to do that while Stephen Pearcy has not.

[Applause from the audience]

Pearcy knows nothing about peace through strength, a strategy that Ronald Reagan used in order to help us to win the Cold War. By encouraging peace through strength, there will be no war with Iran.

[Applause from the audience]
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #447 on: June 16, 2017, 09:13:41 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #448 on: June 16, 2017, 10:18:06 AM »

Daily Tracking Poll: New Hampshire Primary Gallup

Rand Paul: 33%
Marco Rubio: 29% (+1)
Stephen Pearcy: 22% (+1)
Jerry Moran: 8% (-1)
Undecided: 8%

Bernie Sanders: 48%
Elizabeth Warren: 47% (+1)
Undecided: 5%

WMUR Polling
Rand Paul: 34%
Marco Rubio: 30%
Stephen Pearcy: 25%
Jerry Moran: 8%
Undecided: 3%

Bernie Sanders: 49%
Elizabeth Warren: 46%
Undecided: 5%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #449 on: June 16, 2017, 10:40:51 AM »

Endorsements:

Elizabeth Warren:
Janice Hahn, The New York Times, NARAL, Andrew Cuomo, Jimmy Carter, Rush Holt, Ted Deutch and Mazie Hirono.

Marco Rubio:
Dennis Cook, Chairman of Young Republicans, endorse Marco Rubio because he's convinced that 44-year old Marco Rubio is the best Republican presidential candidate in this race to attract young voters and because Rubio understands the economic and social struggles of the Millennials.

Robert Bentley, Governor of Alabama,  endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on social, economic and foreign policy issues and also due to their shared opposition to amnesty.

Dan Sullivan, Alaska Senator,  endorse Marco Rubio due to shared hawkish views.

Ron Corbett, Mayor of Cedar Rapids (Iowa), endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on abortion, freedom of religion and gun rights.

Scott Taylor, Virginia congressman, endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on foreign policy issues.

Susan Collins, Maine Senator, endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic issues and foreign policy issues.

Phil Scott, candidate for Vermont Governor, endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic issues and free trade.

Asa Hutchinson, Governor of Arkansas, endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic and social issues.

Rob Wittman, Virginia congressman, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic and foreign policy issues.

Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic issues and their shared strong fiscal responsibility position.

Stephen Pearcy:
Frank Edelblut GOP Nevada senate  candidate,  Andrew Bacevich, Govenor of Guam Eddie Calvo,  Sean Duffy and a total surprise former Democratic senator from Virginia Jim Webb.

Bernie Sanders:
Governor John Bel Edwards of Louisiana: "I may be a Blue Dog,  but one thing I believe is that Sanders is speaking common sense on economics. We may disagree on social issues, but economics . . . well we agree 100%"

Senator Debbie Stabenow: "I'm from Michigan. I've seen what conservatove government has done to my state. If you want a President that will fight tooth and nail for the average America, then Senator Sanders is your candidate"

Lieutenant-Governor Gavin Newsom: "Jerry (Brown) has already endorsed him, and I can see why. Senator Sanders has proved that he is the candidate of the working class and middle class, and I will be proud to cast a ballot for him."

I'm pretty sure I have Newsom.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies