Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:33:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 123219 times)
Jaguar4life
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: November 09, 2017, 04:41:54 PM »

When will the next results come in?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1401 on: November 10, 2017, 08:20:23 AM »

Maddow: It is eight o'clock here on the east coast and the polls have closed in a number of states and we are able to project winners in the following states:

Alabama: <1% Reported
Rubio: 61%
Warren: 37%
Sanders: 1%
Paul: 1%

Mississippi: <1% Reported
Rubio: 58%
Warren: 39%

Tennessee: <1% Reported
Rubio: 60%
Warren: 38%

Oklahoma: <1% Reported
Rubio: 60%
Warren: 39%
Sanders: <1%
Paul: <1%

Florida: <1% Reported
Rubio: 52%
Warren: 41%
Sanders: 4%
Paul: 2%

Maryland: <1% Reported
Warren: 53%
Rubio: 41%
Sanders: 3%

Massachusetts: <1% Reported
Warren: 54%
Rubio: 40%

Illinois: <1% Reported
Warren: 51%
Rubio: 42%

RUBIO: 95
WARREN: 51
SANDERS: 3
PAUL: 0

Williams: There you have the map. A slight edge for Senator Rubio. He of course, winning the big prize of Florida, his home state. We are unable to project a few results in the state of Pennsylvania, a crucial battleground it is TOO CLOSE TO CALL. Missouri is another state we are labeling as TOO CLOSE TO CALL.

Maddow: We can project that Elizabeth Warren will win both the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA and RHODE ISLAND. We are unable to project a winner in Connecticut and New Jersey. There states are being labeled as TOO EARLY TO CALL.

Pennsylvania: 1% Reported
Rubio: 48%
Warren: 45%

Missouri: 1% Reported
Rubio: 51%
Warren: 44%
Sanders: 2%

Maddow: Two other states we cannot project a winner are: New Hampshire and Maine. Both are being labeled at this time as TOO CLOSE TO CALL.

Williams: Circling back to some states that remained uncalled at this hour. In the state of Ohio, MSNBC is labeling the state as TOO CLOSE TO CALL.

Ohio: 23% Reported
Warren: 46.7%
Rubio: 46.1%
Sanders: 3.6%
Paul: 2.7%

Kornacki: Another state we are watching at this hour is Virginia. This is a state which voted for Barack Obama twice, but two years ago narrowly went to Mark Warner in a close senate race with Ed Gillespie. Tonight Marco Rubio seems to be doing better than Mitt Romney did four years ago, plus with the added presence of Bernie Sanders on the ballot it may and that as big may, may be enough to swing the state to the Republicans tonight, and if that were to happen we would be looking at a rather large and decisive victory for Senator Rubio.

Virginia: 51% Reported
Rubio: 49.7%
Warren: 47.0%
Sanders: 1.8%
Paul: 0.8%

North Carolina: 46% Reported
Rubio: 51.0%
Warren: 44.9%
Sanders: 1.9%
Paul: 1.5%

8:11 PM

Maddow: We do have another call to make in the state of Georgia. We can now project Senator Rubio will WIN the state of Georgia.

Paul: 0.8%

North Carolina: 49% Reported
Rubio: 51.1%
Warren: 45.0%
Sanders: 1.6%
Paul: 1.4%

8:51 PM

Williams: Democrats can breathe a sigh of a relief. We project Senator Warren will win NEW JERSEY.

New Jersey: 19% Reported
Warren: 51%
Rubio: 43%

RUBIO: 117
WARREN: 65

8:55 PM

Williams: ... We're back now, just before the top of the nine o'clock hour and we can now make a MAJOR projection. We have just learned from our decision desk we are calling NORTH CAROLINA for Rubio. We project Marco Rubio will WIN the state of North Carolina. A big and crucial win for the Republican nominee.

Maddow: And we have to wonder if a call this early in a state like North Carolina, what does it mean for the rest of the evening...

RUBIO: 132
WARREN: 65

9:19 PM

Williams:... and We can now project Senator Rubio will WIN the state of Texas.

RUBIO: 207
WARREN: 101
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1402 on: November 11, 2017, 10:03:30 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2017, 10:06:58 AM by NHI »

States Too Close to Call

Minnesota: 15% Reported
Elizabeth Warren: 40.5%
Rubio: 39.8%
Sanders: 15.0%
Paul: 3.7%

Wisconsin: 17% Reported
Rubio: 45%
Elizabeth Warren: 43%
Sanders: 8%
Paul: 3%

Michigan: 17% Reported
Rubio: 46%
Elizabeth Warren: 42%
Sanders: 9%

Colorado: 10% Reported
Rubio: 44%
Elizabeth Warren: 40%
Sanders: 9%
Paul: 6%

New Mexico: 15% Reported
Elizabeth Warren: 47%
Rubio: 46%

Pennsylvania: 59% Reported
Rubio: 48%
Elizabeth Warren: 44%

New Hampshire: 61% Reported
Rubio: 35.4%
Elizabeth Warren: 34.7%
Sanders: 15.0%
Paul: 13.9%

Maine 58% Reported
Elizabeth Warren: 33.6%
Rubio: 33.3%
Sanders: 16.9%
Paul: 15.2%

Virginia: 74% Reported
Rubio: 49.4%
Elizabeth Warren: 47.7%
Sanders: 1.3%
Paul: 1.1%

Maddow: A projection and some history. We can project Senator Rubio will carry the 2nd Congressional District in Maine and will therefore WIN two delegates. Mr. Rubio becomes the first candidate to ever win a split delegate since Maine enacted this system in 1972.

Williams: We should add Barack Obama was the first candidate to carry one of Nebraska's split electoral delegates in 2008.

PROJECTION: REPUBLICANS HOLD THE HOUSE

Maddow: Not that it was ever much in doubt, but Republicans will retain control of the House of Representatives. Most estimates put them on a 248 to 187 margin.

Williams: We are still waiting on the Senate. Republicans are expected to hold the Senate.

Maddow: In Illinois, we can project Tammy Duckworth will DEFEAT Senator Mark Kirk. So that is a gain for the Democrats in the race for control of the US Senate.

Illinois Senate Election: 78% Reported
Tammy Duckworth: 49.66%
Mark Kirk: 48.55%

Williams: Hold on, Rachel because we do have a major projection to make:

Pennsylvania: RUBIO

Maddow: We cannot now project Senator Rubio will WIN the state of Pennsylvania, and turning to our panel now this is a major turning point in the race for the Presidency tonight.

Schmidt: This race is effectively over. We've been watching the polls for a long time and Senator Rubio has held a consistent lead in Pennsylvania and the thought was if a Republican could swing the state the election would be decided and tonight Marco Rubio has done something not accomplished since George Herbert Walker Bush in 1988.

Carville: Now some in my party will say Bernie Sanders played a role because there was a split in the Democratic vote and that's entirely true, but also Senator Warren did not connect with voters in that state. She never seemed to rally the blue collar, Reagan Democrat types who gave Rubio this win tonight and my thought is the Democratic Party is going to need to redefine itself and get back to basic economic, pocketbook issues, because the Republicans are going to scam the American voters, but they'll keep getting away with it unless the Democrats take a long hard look at tonight's results.

Schmidt: Rubio had an economic message, but he also positioned himself quite brilliantly as the outsider candidate. 2016 will go down as the year of the insurgent. Now Rubio is not a populist candidate in the way that Bernie Sanders is, or Rand Paul would have been, but he tapped into voter's frustrations with Washington and painted Elizabeth Warren as the problem, not the solutions.

RUBIO: 228

Maddow: Please standby gentlmen, because we have another major projection to make. We are now calling WISCONSIN for Senator Rubio.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1403 on: November 11, 2017, 10:20:08 AM »

Maddow: ... shortly after we went to break we reported the AP is calling in the NH Senate Race, Senator Kelly Ayotte will be reelected. Republicans RETAIN CONTROL of the US Senate.

Williams: We're coming up on the eleven o'clock hour, still have some state that remain uncalled but it seems to be inevitable at this point we will have an apparent winner and know who will be the 45th President of the United States.

Maddow: Even the presence of the first woman nominee of a major party seems to be overshadowed tonight as Senator Rubio looks to make history with his potential election as President.

Williams: A quick look at the electoral map and we turn now to Steve Kornacki. Steve, how are the numbers looking in the states yet to be called?

RUBIO: 259

Kornacki: We're still watching the results come in from Michigan and Virginia, but in terms of the race to 270, the odds are in favor of Senator Rubio and it seems to be a question of when, not if he is projected the winner of the Presidential election. Quickly, here is a rundown of the polls in the key states:

Michigan: Rubio Leading 45% to 43%
Minnesota: Rubio Leading 40.7% to 40.1%
Virginia: Rubio Leading 49.5% to 47.8%
New Hampshire: Rubio Leading 35.7% to 34.9%
Maine: Rubio Leading 33.5% to 33.4%
Colorado: Rubio Leading: 43% to 39%
New Mexico: Rubio Leading: 46.9% to 46.7%
Nevada: Rubio Leading: 47% to 44%
Iowa: Rubio Leading: 45% to 41%
Ohio: Rubio Leading 46% to 45%

Koracki: Rubio is leading across the board, which barring some major turn of events would make it impossible for Senator Warren to overtake him at this point.

Williams: Steve, please standby because we now have a MAJOR PROJECTION. We are now calling VIRGINIA for Rubio. Which by our estimation puts him OVER THE TOP.

MARCO RUBIO ELECTED 45th PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

✓ RUBIO: 272
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1404 on: November 11, 2017, 10:29:45 AM »

Election 2016 Wrap-up

✓ Marco Rubio: 363
Elizabeth Warren: 168
Bernie Sanders: 7
Ron Paul: 0

✓ Marco Rubio: 46.15%
Elizabeth Warren: 39.05%
Bernie Sanders: 9.48%
Ron Paul: 4.31%
Other: 1.01%

Republican Control of the Senate: 53-47
Republican Control of the House: 248-187
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1405 on: November 11, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »

Vice President Elect Pearcy  introduce's Rubio's acceptance speech

This is a historical night!!!   

Marco Rubio is not just a fighter for the working man. He is a history maker *Crowd cheers and starts shouting USA*

And I am proud that he has chosen me as his running this election!!   

I come to this moment completely humbled and privileged to serve as your Vice President of the United States!! I am very happened for America for putting their trust on their ballot for this team to serve. 

And I also proud to say that he will make America great again.

So it is with pride and honor to welcome for the first time anywhere the President Elect of the United States Marco Rubio!!

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1406 on: November 11, 2017, 02:35:43 PM »

Warren Concession Speech

I was truly honored to be the first female Presidential nominee, but this was not our year. I honor Senator Rubio on making history in his own right, on being the first Latino President ever, and implore all Americans, no matter who you voted for, to fall behind him as President. I want to thank all of my rivals, from Senator Rubio, to Senator Sanders and Congressman Paul, for being such excellent opponents.

Senator Brown and I are gracious for your support, throughout this campaign, and look forward to a day in the future where our goals will be realized. One day we will have a female President, it just won't be this day.

Different Republican
Rookie
« Reply #1407 on: November 11, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2017, 03:19:44 PM by Different Republican »

Ron Paul's Concession Speech:

Thank you! We might have won no state tonight, but this is a great advance to our movement, we almost won 5% of the popular vote running in a libertarian platform, we might have lost but our movement will certainly grow and become bigger because of all of us. When I started this campaign I has to goals, the first one was to win, I wasn't able to accomplish this but the second one was to show to show libertarianism and at least contribute to a change on this country, and I believe, that even if this change is little, I accomplished what I wanted to do because of you, who voted for me.

I want to congratulate President-Elect Rubio for he's victory and I wish him the best during he's presidency, I also congratulate Warren and Sanders for the great campaigns they ran in this election.

And remember, we might have lost today, but our movement, our ideals, the libertarian values won overall.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #1408 on: November 11, 2017, 03:12:05 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2017, 03:42:59 PM by Goldeneye »

Bernie Sanders' concession speech in Burlington, Vermont

I have just called President-Elect Rubio to offer my congratulations on his victory. He has run a hell of a campaign, and deserves the Presidency. And I also want to congratulate my friend Senator Warren and Congressman Paul for the campaigns they ran.

Even though we did not win, we have broken ground tonight. We have become the first third party to win Electoral Votes in over 50 years!

I believed that progressives could come together for the greater good. I believed our squabbling could be put aside. And we proved ourselves right. So this fight is just getting started, because we demonstrated that everything is possible.

To those who's concerns have been and will be the cares of our movement, I echo the words of Senator Ted Kennedy : Our work goes on, our cause endures, out hope still lives, and our dream shall never die!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1409 on: November 11, 2017, 03:19:17 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2017, 04:20:01 PM by UWS »

President-Elect Marco Rubio's Victory Speech in Miami, Florida

Thank you my friends! Thank you for your support!

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

I received a phone call from Senator Warren who congratulated me for this great victory. I congratulate her for the campaign she led for America's cause, the same for Senator Sanders and Congressman Paul.

My friends, your support led us to victory and will lead America to prosperity, security, peace, national unity and integrity. Right here right now, we start our crusade to restore the American Dream.

Just like President John F. Kennedy said, we should not ask what our country can do for us, but what we can do for our country. Tonight, we're answering this question about what we can do for our country : we, the people, conservatives, liberals, progressives, independents and libertarians will work together to ensure economic growth and progress, to get America back to work, to unite this country, to restore integrity, to stand with our allies and to defeat our enemies. We're going to promote free market to make our economy competitive and dynamic. We will reform our tax code, reform our education system and reform our immigration system to make American citizenship accessible for all immigrants. We will modernize our military. We are going to stand with our allies and together we will defeat international terrorism and reinforce freedom, democracy and justice. We will not abandon our allies, they can count on our help to defeat terrorism and restore freedom. Our children and grand-children and all the future gemerations to come will be the most prosperous generations of Americans that ever lived. America is back!

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

Tonight is a historic night, a night during which America has reclaimed its status as the land of opportunity where everything is possible. And it's an honour to become the first Hispanic to be elected President of the United States.

Sixty years ago, my parents came here in America, in the quest of better living conditions and better economic opportunities. Though they were not speaking English at that time, had no access to education and were living paycheck to paycheck, the hardworking of a bartender and a housekeeper allowed them to be successful and to make their children's lives better than their's.

Es una historia fabulosa del Sueño Americano que representa un ejemplo de nuestro deber para nuestro país : reforzar nuestra prosperidad económica y garantizar que nuestro niños dos estarán la más próspera generación de estadounidenses.

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

I want to thank my family as well as Vice-President elect Stephen Pearcy and all the members of our team for their contribution to this campaign. Thanks to their contribution, we will lead America to one of the brightest futures that it has ever known. This future is a New American Century.

Esta es mañana de nuevo en América.

It's morning again in America.

America will remain the hope of the Earth.

Thank you! God bless you all and God bless the United States of America!

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1410 on: November 11, 2017, 08:19:19 PM »

If people are still interested, then I’m down for a 2020 game. I’ve created a scenario for the game. If all are interested PM me.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1411 on: November 11, 2017, 08:24:49 PM »

I also want to say well done to everyone! I greatly enjoyed being your moderator and all your entries in the game!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1412 on: November 11, 2017, 11:01:47 PM »

I'm  interested but can we at least lay down the cabinet of the term of the Rubio/Pearcy administration?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1413 on: November 11, 2017, 11:59:40 PM »

I'm interested...and I already have my proposed candidate in mind.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1414 on: November 12, 2017, 06:31:36 AM »

Me too. And i do as well. Hopefully life doesn't sabotage me again.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1415 on: November 12, 2017, 07:38:33 AM »

Interested.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1416 on: November 12, 2017, 04:55:28 PM »

I'm  interested but can we at least lay down the cabinet of the term of the Rubio/Pearcy administration?

Ok, great! If UWS and Jaguar4Life would like to layout the Cabinet Members for the Rubio Administration in this thread, that would be great. I'll open a new thread in a day or and we can get the ball rolling.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1417 on: November 12, 2017, 10:14:40 PM »

Ok, great! If UWS and Jaguar4Life would like to layout the Cabinet Members for the Rubio Administration in this thread, that would be great. I'll open a new thread in a day or and we can get the ball rolling.

Yes we will do. And can we also make a summary of the accomplishments made by President Rubio during his Presidency?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1418 on: November 12, 2017, 10:49:05 PM »

Yes we will do. And can we also make a summary of the accomplishments made by President Rubio during his Presidency?

I think the four years of Rubio's Presidency should be a separate, smaller thread. Namely, three (or four depending on when the 2020 game starts) State of the Union addresses, and a dedicated election night 2018.

Besides, my choice for 2020 depends on whether he wins re-election in 2018 (Sherrod Brown is my preferred pick, so I'd appreciate it, if no one else took him).
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1419 on: November 15, 2017, 09:55:27 AM »

After election report for Pearcy and Rubio

Rubio and Pearcy met President Obama and Vice President Biden a couple days after the election and which Pearcy joked in his meeting with Biden that he did pretty good for a burnt out rock star.

They also met with leaders of both the Democrats and Republicans and talking about their plans for the war upcoming administration.

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1420 on: November 18, 2017, 10:16:54 PM »

Interested!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1421 on: November 18, 2017, 10:49:09 PM »

Given we have a Republican as President, who would you possibly play as? Gary Johnson?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1422 on: November 19, 2017, 12:45:17 AM »
« Edited: November 19, 2017, 12:47:04 AM by UWS »

Rubio Administration

President of the United States : Marco Rubio
Vice-President of the United States :  Stephen Pearcy
Secretary of State : Nikki Haley
Secretary of Treasury : Rand Paul
Secretary of Defense : James Mattis
Attorney General : Ted Cruz
Secretary of Labor : Meg Whitman
Secretary of Homeland Security : Rudy Gulliani
Secretary of the Interior : Ryan Zinke
Secretary of Agriculture : Sam Brownback
Secretary of Health and Human Services : Bobby Jindal
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development : Bob Woodson
Secretary of Transportation : Elaine Chao
Secretary of Energy : Harold Hamm
Secretary of Education : Besty DeVos
Secretary of Veteran Affairs : Jerry Moran

I should post the accomplishments of President Rubio for the year 2017 by Sunday night. It won't be long.

Prussian1871

« Reply #1423 on: November 19, 2017, 12:52:28 AM »

If people are still interested, then I’m down for a 2020 game. I’ve created a scenario for the game. If all are interested PM me.

Wasn't involved with this game, but I'd be interested in hopping in for 2020 if it gets launched.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #1424 on: November 19, 2017, 01:08:21 AM »

Wasn't involved with this game, but I'd be interested in hopping in for 2020 if it gets launched.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies