Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:28:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 123825 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« on: April 24, 2017, 08:14:33 AM »

I'd like to run as as Senator Marco Rubio (R) of Florida
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 10:40:40 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 07:21:48 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio
A New American Century

Announcement :

Date : April 13, 2015

Place : Freedom Tower in Miami, Florida

Thank you.

After months of deliberation and prayer about the future of our country, I have come here tonight to make an announcement on how I believe I can best serve her.

I chose to make this announcement at the Freedom Tower because it is a symbol of our nation’s identity as the land of opportunity. And I am more confident than ever that despite our troubles, we have it within our power to make our time another American Century.

In this very room five decades ago, tens of thousands of Cuban exiles began their new lives in America. Their story is part of the larger story of the American miracle. How, united by a common faith in their God given right to go as far as their talent and work would take them, a collection of immigrants and exiles, former slaves and refugees, became one people, and together built the freest and most prosperous nation ever.

For almost all of human history, power and wealth belonged only to a select few. Most people who have ever lived were trapped by the circumstances of their birth, destined to live the life their parents had. But America is different. Here, we are the children and grandchildren of people who refused to accept this.

Both of my parents were born to poor families in Cuba. After his mother died when he was nine, my father left school to go work. My mother was one of seven girls raised by a disabled father who struggled to provide for his family.

When they were young, my parents had big dreams for themselves. But because they were not born into wealth or power, their future was destined to be defined by their past. So in 1956 they came here, to the one place on earth where the aspirations of people like them could be more than just dreams.

My father became a bartender. My mother a cashier, a maid and a Kmart stock clerk. They never made it big. But they were successful. Two immigrants with little money or education found stable jobs, owned a home, retired with security and gave all four of their children a life far better than their own.

My parents achieved what came to be known as the American Dream. But now, too many Americans are starting to doubt whether achieving that dream is still possible:

Hard working families living paycheck to paycheck, one unexpected expense away from disaster…Young Americans, unable to start a career, a business or a family, because they owe thousands in student loans for degrees that did not lead to jobs…And small business owners, left to struggle under the weight of more taxes, more regulations and more government.

Why is this happening in a country that for over two centuries has been defined by equality of opportunity? Because while our people and economy are pushing the boundaries of the 21st century, too many of our leaders and their ideas are stuck in the twentieth century. They are busy looking backward, so they do not see how jobs and prosperity today depend on our ability to compete in a global economy. So our leaders put us at a disadvantage by taxing, borrowing and regulating like it’s 1999.

They look for solutions in yesterday, so they don’t see that good-paying modern jobs require different skills and more education than the past. And they have forgotten that when America fails to lead, global chaos inevitably follows, so they appease our enemies, betray our allies and weaken our military.

At the turn of the 19th century, a generation of Americans harnessed the power of the Industrial Age and transformed this country into the leading economy in the world. And the 20th century became the American Century.

Now, the time has come for our generation to lead the way toward a new American Century.
If we reform our tax code, reduce regulations, control spending, modernize our immigration laws and repeal and replace Obamacare, the American people will create millions of better-paying modern jobs.

If we create a 21st century system of higher education that provides working Americans the chance to acquire the skills they need, that no longer graduates students with mountains of debt and degrees that do not lead to jobs, and that graduates more students from high school ready to work, then our people will be prepared to seize their opportunities in the new economy.

If we remember that family – not government – is the most important institution in society, that all life deserves protection, and that all parents deserve to choose the education that’s right for their children, then we will have a strong people and a strong nation.

And if America accepts the mantle of global leadership, by abandoning this administration’s dangerous concessions to Iran, and its hostility to Israel; by reversing the hollowing out of our military; by giving our men and women in uniform the resources, care and gratitude they deserve; by no longer being passive in the face of Chinese and Russian aggression; and by ending the near total disregard for the erosion of democracy and human rights around the world; then our nation will be safer, the world more stable, and our people more prosperous.
This election is not just about what laws we will pass. It is a generational choice about what kind of country we will be.

The Democrats are promising to take us back to yesterday. But yesterday is over, and we are never going back. We Americans are proud of our history, but our country has always been about the future. Before us now is the opportunity to author the greatest chapter yet in the amazing story of America.

We can’t do that by going back to the leaders and ideas of the past. We must change the decisions we are making by changing the people who are making them.

That is why today, grounded by the lessons of our history, and inspired by the promise of our future, I announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America.

My candidacy might seem improbable to some watching from abroad. In many countries, the highest office in the land is reserved for the rich and powerful. But I live in an exceptional country where even the son of a bartender and a maid can have the same dreams and the same future as those who come from power and privilege.

I recognize the challenges of this campaign, and the demands of the office I seek. But in this endeavor as in all things, I find comfort in the ancient command to, “Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

I have heard some suggest that I should step aside and wait my turn. But I cannot. Because I believe our very identity as an exceptional nation is at stake, and I can make a difference as President.

I am humbled by the realization that America doesn't owe me anything; but I have a debt to America I must try to repay. This isn't just the country where I was born; America is the place that changed my family’s history.

I regret my father did not live to see this day in person. He used to tell me all the time: En este pais, ustedes van a poder lograr todas las cosas que nosotros no pudimos. “In this country, you will achieve all the things we never could.”

My father was grateful for the work he had, but that was not the life he wanted for his children. He wanted all the dreams he once had for himself to come true for us. He wanted all the doors that closed for him to be open for me. My father stood behind a small portable bar in the back of a room for all those years, so that tonight I could stand behind this podium in the front of this room.

That journey, from behind that bar to behind this podium, is the essence of the American Dream.
Whether or not we remain a special country will depend on whether that journey is still possible for those trying to make it now:

The single mother who works long hours for little pay so her children don’t have to struggle the way she has… The student who takes two buses before dawn to attend a better school halfway across town…The workers in our hotel kitchens, the landscaping crews in our neighborhoods, the late-night janitorial staff that clean our offices … and the bartenders who tonight are standing in the back of a room somewhere…

If their American Dreams become impossible, we will have become just another country. But if they succeed, the 21st Century will be another American Century. This will be the message of my campaign and the purpose of my presidency.

To succeed on this journey, I will need your prayers, your support, and ultimately, your vote. Tonight I am asking you to take that first step with me, by joining us at marcorubio.com.

The final verdict on our generation will be written by Americans not yet born. Let us make sure they record that we made the right choice. That in the early years of this century, faced with a rapidly changing and uncertain world, our generation rose to face the great challenges of our time.

And because we did, there was still one place in the world where who you come from does not determine how far you can go.

Because we did, the American miracle lived on.

And because we did, our children and theirs lived in a new American Century.

Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.

Campaign Positions :
-Budget balance
-Abolition of the IRS
-Repeal and replace Obamacare
-Defense of the Second Amendment
-Opposition to abortion
-Reinforcement of the US-Mexico borders before reforming immigration system
-Energy independence through taking advantage of all sources of energy (including oil, gas, coal, nuclear, wind, solar, etc.)
-American competitiveness in the world economy
-Tax cuts for the American people and business owners
-Increased defense spending
-Reinforced and modernized US military to fight and defeat ISIS and other radical Islamic terrorist groups and to restore international territorial integrity against Russia and China
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 10:20:19 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 07:26:42 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule
June 15, 2015-June 22, 2015
Part 1

June 15, 2015
-Flight to Des Moines, Iowa
-Build campaign infrastructure in Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Gardenbuilding in Des Moines, Iowa

Agriculture is Iowa's main economic activity. But in this time of economic stagnation, the American people, including farmers, are struggling to recover and to prosper. Many farmers lost their jobs and rising inflation raised the cost of buying agricultural products, which hurts agricultural businesses. We have to reverse this situation and I have a plan for it.

What we have to do to boost America's agriculture is to cut taxes on businesses, including tractor, seed and agriculture companies, in order to help them to innovate and to manufacture more tractors, seeds and agricultural products, to create jobs, to improve agricultural technologies, thus helping Iowans and Americans to accomplish their agricultural activities and ensure their subsistence.

Energy independence will also boost tractor manufacturing as well as the effectiveness of new agricultural technologies. My plan will reduce Iowans' and Americans' dependence on food stamps through reduction of inflation and food prices, which will reinforce their purchasing power and give them more access to food as well as better living conditions.

-Fundraising event at Des Moines Art Center in Des Moines, Iowa
-Freedom of religion policy speech at Dowling Catholic High School in Des Moines, Iowa

June 16, 2015
-Advertisement filming in Des Moines, Iowa
-Energy policy speech at MidAmerican Energy Company headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa
-Bus trip to Sioux City, Iowa
-Anti-abortion policy speech in front of the Central Baptist Church in Sioux City, Iowa :

Abortion is never good. Everybody, whether or not they are yet eligible to vote, has the right to live. If we tolerate abortion, future generations are likely to look back at this history of our country and call us barbarians for murdering millions of babies who we never gave them a chance to live.

This is not only a social issue, it's also an economic issue. One of the main reasons why the Glorious Thirty (1945-1972) were so prosperous was the great number of young baby boomers who were available to find a job and work. Today, it's exactly the opposite : many baby boomers are going to retirement, which hurts our workforce and slows our GDP and our economy. So if we want longer term economic growth and prosperity, we need to fight abortion in order to let future generations live and make sure that our workforce will get stronger and stronger, making our economy growing again. That's what I'm going to do if I'm elected President of the United States.

-Foreign policy speech at Sioux City Air National Guard Base in Sioux City, Iowa

June 17, 2015
-Marco Rubio's campaign broadcasts an advertisement about the Florida Senator's accomplishments and agenda. This ad is airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada :

Marco Rubio is a man of honor and integrity who devoted his life and energy to Florida and America, serving in the Florida House of Representatives and in the United States Senate. We need a person with great political experience and with a great accomplishment record. In the Senate, Marco Rubio has worked in the Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation; Foreign Relations; Select Committee on Intelligence and Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committees.

In the Florida House of Representatives, he introduced a book called “100 Innovative Ideas For Florida’s Future” and 24 of those ideas became law.

In the Senate, Marco Rubio supported military intervention in Libya that contributed to Gaddafi's fall and to democratic transition in Libya in 2011. That same year, he cosponsored the AGREE Act, a bill that increased tax credits and exemptions for companies investing in R & D, equipment and other capital and gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise. In 2013, Marco Rubio co-sponsored the Regulation Costs to Small Businesses Act, which required the Small Business Administration to conduct an annual study to estimate the total cost of regulations on small businesses. He successfully co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats because it's another way to reward our veterans for their military service and their sacrifices for America. He successfully pushed Venezuela human rights sanctions into law in order to condemn the tyrannical Venezuelan regime led by Nicolas Maduro and promote freedom in this country. Senator Rubio's Girls Count Act is now signed into law, U.S. foreign assistance on the establishment of birth registries to properly document childbirth and prevent kids' exploitation, trafficking or exclusion from society. Rubio's efforts in the Senate to defund Obamacare saved taxpayers $2.5 billion that would have otherwise bailed out health insurance companies under Obamacare. He authored legislation that became law which sanctions the terrorist group Hezbollah and, by extension, Iran for supporting terrorism, thus showing leadership when it comes to standing with America's allies, especially Israel.

As President of the United States of America, Marco Rubio, a son of immigrants, will restore the American Dream.

He will repeal Obamacare to save Medicare.

He will balance the budget, abolish regulations, cut government spending, cut taxes for all Americans and business owners to strengthen the American people's purchasing power and to make sure our businesses will increase their ability to innovate, hire and create jobs, improve our education system to create opportunities for every children, give us energy independence through oil production and drilling and then the promotion of the development of renewable energies a promote free trade to make our country competitive and grow our economy by innovating, finding new consumers around the world and reducing tariffs barriers.

The Rubio administration will stand with our allies and against our enemies by increasing military spending in order to make sure that we will be able to defeat any threat. Under Marco Rubio's watch as President, we and our allies will form a great international military coalition and intervene in Syria and Iraq to eliminate ISIS. In order to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons, President Rubio will restore sanctions against Iran and build a regional military alliance in order to increase pressure on Tehran and destroy any missile thrown against us and our allies. To put an end at the Russian aggression in the Eastern Europe, Marco Rubio will reinforce military presence in this region to ensure security and Ukraine, train and arm the Ukrainian army, vanquish the pro-Russian rebellion and free Ukraine from Russia's tyranny. President Rubio will ensure South China Sea's territorial integrity by reinforcing our navy's presence there, multiply military exercises in the region with our allies to make sure they will be ready and able to stop China's aggression and, if they have to, defeat the Chinese navy. He will show his courage to take action against North Korea by putting Pyongyang back on the list of states supporting terrorism and build a great and powerful intergovernmental military alliance organization with our allies around the Pacific to deter North Korea from making nuclear tests or attacks and attacking it's neighbors, to avoid any war with North Korea and to ensure peace, stability, security and freedom on the Pacific.

Choose a path to justice, integrity, fairness, freedom, national unity, economic prosperity, strength and security. Vote for Marco Rubio for the sake of a New American Century!

I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.

-Flight to Manchester, New Hampshire
-Build campaign infrastructure in New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech at the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Fundraising event at the Mall of New Hampshire in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Rally at the John F. Kennedy Memorial Coliseum in Manchester, New Hampshire
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 10:32:24 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2019, 04:41:07 PM by UWS »

June 15, 2015-June 22, 2015
Part 2

June 18, 2015
-Bus trip to Concord, New Hampshire
-Meet with college voters at Franklin Pierce University in Concord, New Hampshire
-Fundraising event at the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting with voters at the Concord Public Library in Concord, New Hampshire
-Space policy and economic policy speech at the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center in Concord, New Hampshire

June 19, 2015
-Flight to Charleston, South Carolina
-Announcement of the opening of five campaign offices in Des Moines, Iowa; Manchester, New Hampshire; Charleston, South Carolina; Las Vegas, Nevada and state campaign headquarters in Miami, Florida
-Foreign policy speech at the Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina
-Interview with Jake Tapper of CNN :

Jake Tapper : Good evening, Senator Rubio.

Marco Rubio : Thank you. This is a great honor, Jake.

Jake Tapper : Recently, the U.S. Senate adopted the USA Freedom Act, and President Obama subsequently signed it into law. The USA Freedom Act's purpose was mainly to replace the USA Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. Although some sections of the USA Patriot Act were toned down, there are still parts that remain intact. What's your advice on this matter?

Marco Rubio : That's a bad deal for America's national security since it imposes new limits on the bulk collection of telecommunication metadata on suspected terrorists, which deprives us of the necessary tools to fight terrorism. Without these tools, we risk suffering another terrorist attack after the recent attack in Garland, Texas, last month.

Jake Tapper : You know, Turkish President Recep Erdogan's party, the Justice and Development Party, lost 69 seats and their majority in the Turkish Grand National Assembly. President Erdogan is recently negotiating with the opposition to form a coalition government. How do you think he will manage to do so?

Marco Rubio : Well, even though Turkish political parties don't share the same views on social issues and economic issues, they have common goals such as fighting and defeating radical Islamic terrorism and stopping Russia's intrusion in Syria. In Turkey, the terrorist threat is stronger than ever before, so I believe Erdogan's minority government is an opportunity for the Turkish people to work together in order to face and overcome their challenges. And they are not alone, we are behind them.

June 20, 2015
-Foreign policy speech at the Charleston Arsenal in Charleston, South Carolina
-Economic policy speech ahead of college students at the College of Charleston School of Business and Economics in Charleston, South Carolina
-Technology policy speech at Cummins Inc. facility in North Charleston, South Carolina
-Free trade policy speech at the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce in North Charleston, South Carolina
-Speech at the Greater Charleston Naval Memorial in North Charleston, South Carolina
-Manufacturing policy speech at Detyens Shipyards headquarters in North Charleston, South Carolina

June 21, 2015
-Flight to Washington D.C.
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

June 22, 2015
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 09:57:43 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2017, 10:13:15 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Stephen Percy's accusations in Manchester, New Hampshire

I have respect for Stephen Percy, but I'm sorry to tell him that he's wrong to say that free trade is bad for the economy. Do I need to remind you that one of the main reasons why the Great Depression got longer and worse is the legislation of the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act of 1930 that increased tariffs and reduced American exports and imports, thus increasing unemployment rate from 8 % in 1930 to 25 % in 1932?

One of the factors of the actual economic sluggish in which we are living is that President Obama did not sign a single free trade agreement during his presidency. Many agricultural companies, especially dairy companies, in New England, including New Hampshire, are benefiting from free trade partly because American milk is approximately twice less expensive than the Canadian milk, which encourages American and Canadian consumers to buy more American milk than Canadian milk to keep their purchasing power strong.

The Transpacific Partnership will be an asset for America because regional potential members of the TPP that are usually great trade partners to China will be orienting more and more to us as trade partners. In addition, American cars will be less expensive than Asian cars thanks to energy independence, which will result to the purchase of more American cars than Asian cars. By opening more markets and look for new ones, we will increase our ability to innovate and compete in this world economy. Goods and services crossing borders ensure the development of new ideas and models and allow our producers to learn about the market through the failure and success of traded products. By learning more, they will be favored to innovate and keep their competitiveness.

So if Percy believes that free trade is bad for the economy, then I think he seeks to be a leader of the past and seeks to be a champion of big government's intrusion in the economy through higher tariffs. Prosperity does not come from government, but from the American people's ingenuity, hard work and entrpreneurship and that's why we need to put the government aside, to cut taxes for all the American people, including the middle-class, to increase their purchasing power, and for business owners to make them competitive and able to produce, innovate and hire. This election must be about the future, not about the past, and I seek to make that future a New American Century.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 06:14:49 AM »

Just wondering, when I speak Spanish in some parts of my speeches, should I put English subtitles or do you understand Spanish well?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 09:04:11 AM »

I'm asking for a 24 hour extension for this turn, please.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 03:05:30 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 07:32:17 PM by UWS »

June 22, 2015-July 5, 2015
Part 1

June 22, 2015
-Flight to Charleston, South Carolina
-Speech in front of the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, SC, in reaction to the shooting that recently happened there :

What happened here in Charleston is a terrible tragedy. In the last 8 years, African-Americans' living conditions have not improved. Racism is still alive today and the violent deaths of African-Americans, including in Ferguson (2014) and in Charleston, where 9 African Americans were killed demonstrated it. If you are white in America, you cannot fully understand what it means to be black in America. The racial tensions got worse than they were 8 years ago and the economic sluggish we are actually living has deepen racial inequalities. We need a reformed criminal code, which criminal regulations and laws are easier to understand, a reform of civil forfeiture by which people suspected of crimes will be deprived of private property.

Since the beginning of its existence, the Republican Party has been an inclusive party and will keep this status. That's why Abraham Lincoln has freed African-Americans from slavery and that's why I appreciate Governor Haley's cause to remove the Confederate flag from the South Carolina State House, because we will never tolerate discrimination because the American people must stay united and stand with an optimistic agenda like mine that will create jobs and opportunity in order to restore the American Dream.

June 23, 2015
-Foreign policy speech at The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
In the U.S. Senate, I'm chairing the Committee on Foreign Relations, I know how diplomacy works. As President, I will use my diplomatic experience to strengthen our relations with our allies and create new alliances. I cited the example of a military collaboration similar to NATO between the powers of the Pacific to prevent any Chinese aggression or any North Korean nuclear attack against its neighbours. I also cited the example of a military collaboration between our country, India, Pakistan and Afghanistan to fight Islamic terrorism and prevent any nuclear attack by Iran. Such alliances can work because all these countries have common goals like fighting Islamic terrorism, stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons or prevent a geopolitical crisis in the Pacific. With our military power and with the collaboration of our allies, we will manage to defeat our enemies and that's why I will promote strength through unity as commander-in-chief. Like we always say since America's birth : « United We Stand ».

I supported sanctions on Hezbollah, which made this terrorist organization less capable of threatening Israel by supporting Palestinian extremists, of helping militarily the Assad regime in Syria and of helping Iran in getting nuclear weapon. Just like Iran, Hezbollah is threatening freedom of religion by threatening Israel, a Jewish nation. With Mossad's collaboration, we'll be able to discover any conspiracy fomented by Hezbollah against us and our allies, making our foes in the Middle East weaker and making this region safer than it was ever before.

In the last eight years, the world has grown more dangerous while our military suffered disastrous defense cuts. The threats to our nation and international security and peace like ISIS, Al Qaida, Iran, Russia, Syria, China and North Korea have continued to multiply. With a military built for the 20th century rather than the 21st, how can we expect a strong national security? As Commander-in-chief, I will restore American strength by giving our troops the training and equipment to combat successfully the threats they will face, by increasing defense spending to ensure our armed forces' readiness and to modernize our military. I will extend the size of the Marine to 182 000 men and the size of the Army to 490 000 to reverse the cuts in military spending and allow us to send more troops in Europe to stop the Russian agression.

I will recapitalize our Navy and increase the size of our fleet to at least 323 ships by 2024, reversing cuts that have slashed our fleet to its smallest size since World War I. Because a major part of this effort must be to ensure a large and modern U.S. submarine fleet, I will order at least two Virginia-class submarines to be built each year.

South Carolina has an important role to play in this process. The Navy’s Nuclear Power School, located just outside of Charleston, helps train the next generation of officers and enlisted sailors to operate many of the vanguard ships in our fleet. In all, defense spending accounted for more than six billion dollars in economic activity in South Carolina in 2014. That’s $1,262 per resident. A strong defense industrial base is necessary to our national security and our local economies as well, and that is why I will oppose more rounds of base realignment and closure, which endangers vital military installations in the Palmetto State and across the country.

To make sure that the 21st Century will be an American century, we need a strong American military, an element of our security and prosperity. And that's why I am running for president. For a long time, South Carolina has made a vital contribution to our defense and when I am Commander-in-chief it will continue to help ensure that Americans are safe and free. Thank you, God bless our men and women and uniform, God bless our veterans and God bless America.

-Bus trip to North Charleston, SC
-Meet voters in North Charleston, SC
-Bus trip to Columbia, SC
-Economic policy speech at the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce in Columbia, SC :

South Carolina is one of the most prosperous states in our country. Industrial production is South Carolina's most vital economic activity, particularly the automotive industry. The Palmetto State is among the states with the lowest tax rates on businesses, the most competitive wages for workers and the weakest unionization in America, which classified South Carolina among the states creating the most favourable environment for businesses in the United States, which helped this right-to-work state to attract some large companies like BMW and brought positive effects on South Carolina's economy. During the recession in the late 2000s, South Carolina's unemployment rate peaked at 12 % at the end of 2009. But as the 21st century progressed, including during the time Nikki Haley was Governor of South Carolina, the Palmetto State managed to attract new companies by reducing corporate income tax rate to 5 %, by abolishing state property tax, local income tax, inventory tax, sales tax on manufacturing equipment, wholesale tax and unitary tax on worldwide profits and by having industrial power or materials for finished products, which boosted job creation and innovation in South Carolina. As Governor of South Carolina, Nikki Haley, a great job creator in the private sector (she worked in her mother's clothing business, Exotica International, was named to the board of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce and of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce, became treasurer of the National Association of Women Business Owners before becoming president of the South Carolina Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners) and in political life as well, cut taxes, opposed regulations and successfully invited business to move to South Carolina by considerably lowering the cost of doing business in the Palmetto State, which created over 80 000 new jobs in South Carolina during the eight years of Haley's leadership as Governor and reduced the local unemployment rate from 12 % in 2009 to 5 %.

We need to embrace energy independence to make us able to produce our own energies and free trade to make us competitive in the world economy, reform our education system, balance the budget, and champion business. If Governor Haley's economic policies worked in South Carolina, it can work for ALL the country as well. So if I'm the next President of the United States, one of the elements of my economic agenda will be to cut taxes for all the American people and for business owners, to eliminate regulations and to lower the cost of doing business in the United States, which will attract companies to move to the United States. It will also help our future entrepreneurs to open new businesses in America, to innovate, to create jobs and to ensure America's prosperity.

Thank you God bless our entrepreneurs, God bless our workers and God bless America.

-Foreign policy speech at Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC
-Meet with college voters at Allen University in Columbia, SC, in an effort to attract African American voters

June 24, 2015
-In response to the shooting that killed 9 African Americans in Charleson, SC, Senator Marco Rubio introduces the Terror Intelligence Improvement Act, a bill that is aimed at limiting gun sales to suspected terrorists, criminals and supremacists like Dylann Roof. Should the bill pass the Senate next week, it will be introduced to the House of Representatives.

Here is a part of Rubio's speech during the introduction of this bill to the Senate :

That's how we can protect our Second Amendment and our people's constitutional rights while reducing violence through stopping terrorists, supremacists or criminals from getting the necessary weapons to commit massive shootings against innocent people and minority groups.

June 25, 2015
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 03:50:47 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 07:33:50 PM by UWS »

Part 2

June 26, 2015
-Flight to Nashua, New Hampshire
-Meet voters in Nashua, NH
-Bus trip to Hooksett, NH
-Education policy speech at Southern New Hampshire University in Hooksett, NH :

We are a nation of immigrants and diversity is a good reputation for America. We need to make sure they can be integrated while our borders are secured. I was raised paycheck to paycheck and many immigrant families are living paycheck to paycheck so their kids don't have the same chance as other families to have the skills to succeed in America's schools.

The America my parents came to 59 years ago was one where you could find a middle income job even without a higher education. That is how they succeeded to the middle class, working as a bartender and a maid. But they desperately wanted their children to have even more than that. Giving us the chance at a better life was their American Dream. My parents did not make enough to save for our education. But I managed to use Pell grants, student loans, work study and summer jobs to pay for a four-year degree and eventually law school.

Not all college majors have the same success rate in terms of students' connection with good jobs. At the national level, majors like business, liberal arts, and hospitality have underemployment rates at 50 percent if not more. There are more graduates than jobs in these sectors. Meanwhile, engineering, health services and education all have underemployment rates under 25 percent. It's imperative that we reverse this tendency.

We need to promote school choice, which will cost families, including these immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, less and produce higher outcomes compared to public education. It will grant parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—especially minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to higher-income families, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce.

China & India graduate more science & engineering PhDs, which is boosting their innovation knowledge faster than ours, boosting their industries and helping them creating much more new businesses and jobs than we do. So we need to increase education investing to make it easier to create the jobs of tomorrow and help students studying in business administration or in engineering to create, open and develop new businesses that will create more jobs thanks to increased knowledge. New Hampshire can be proud of one of its remarkable families : the Sununu family, a great and honorable family of innovators that is prominent in the fields of business and politics represents a great example of job creation and prosperity through knowledge. Let's give all the American people this chance.

That's how we will create the good-paying jobs of tomorrow and strengthen America's reputation as the land of opportunity.

That's what we can call the knowledge economy. We must put our children's needs first, ahead of the teacher unions' interests. School choice will give a chance for all Americans to accomplish the American Dream. By investing in education, we will create more companies and remain the number one country in the world in terms of job creation.

Thank you! Que Dios bendiga los Estados Unidos de América!

-Speech in reaction to Elizabeth Warren's comments on Rand Paul's claims that African Americans have nothing to lose in voting for Republicans :

The Democrats, including Senator Elizabeth Warren, are trying to politicize the Charleston shooting in an effort to win votes. This is just outrageous. And Senator Warren gave all the credits of the improvement of the African Americans's living conditions to the Democrats. Not even under Barack Obama it improved. As my colleague Senator Rand Paul said, the Democrats used to be the party of racism. But they also used to be the party of slavery while the Republican Party led by President Abraham Lincoln was fighting for ending slavery. And you know what the Democrats did? They opposed it until the end of the Civil War. And today, South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, a Republican, has launched her crusade to remove the Confederate flag from the South Carolina State House. We are the party of all Americans, including African Americans.

June 27, 2015
-Bus trip to Seabrook, NH
-Energy policy speech at the Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant, Seabrook, NH :

Like we all agree with, economic growth requires energy independence and innovation. We must use all our energies, oil, gas, nuclear, wind, solar energy and electrical energy. The Energy Information Administration reported that New Hampshire's energy consumption and per capita energy consumption are among the lowest in the country. We need to increase it if we want to create new jobs. New Hampshire represents a perfect example of this desire to develop the electric industry since the Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant is the largest nuclear reactor in New England and provides about 30 % of New Hampshire's electricity. I have a plan to boost our electric industry as well as our nuclear industry. I support an expansion of the Northern Pass to create new American jobs and develop new electric technologies that will help us creating more jobs. I will also, as President of the United States, woo French private investors with electric industry skills during the World Economic Forum in Davos (Switzerland) in order to help our electric and nuclear industries growing thanks to nuclear technologies adopted by France, one of our greatest partners and one of the greatest nuclear producers in the world. That way, not only new American jobs will be created, but more Americans will have access to electricity.

-Bus trip to Portsmouth, NH
-Barnstorm in Portsmouth, NH
-Economic policy speech at Bottomline Technologies headquarters in Portsmouth, NH
-Foreign policy speech at Pease Air National Guard Base in Portsmouth, NH
-Bus trip to Kingston, NH
-Barnstorm in Kingston, NH

June 28, 2015
-Bus trip to Barrington, NH
-Meet voters in Barrington, NH
-Bus trip to Laconia, NH
-Rally at Robbie Mills Field in Laconia, NH
-Fundraising event at the Gale Memorial Library in Laconia, NH
-Bus trip to Dover, NH
-Barnstorm in Dover, NH

June 29, 2015
-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
-Meet with the voters at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas, NV
-Size of government policy speech in Las Vegas, NV :

Over 80 % of Nevada area is owned by the federal government. It's time to stop this intrusion of the federal government in the life of Nevadans and of all Americans. The government shall just clear the way for our citizens in order to let Americans be successfull. This means that the government shall cut taxes, replace Obamacare with a better plan, improve the education system and make our country more safe.

-Fundraising event at the Mirage Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Speech on immigration and the American Dream at the Sam's Town Hotel in Las Vegas, NV
-Fundraising breakfast at the Linq Hotel & Casino
-Meet with the voters at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
-Meet with the voters and the donors at the Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, NV
-Speech at the Old Las Vegas Mormon State Historic Park

June 30, 2015
-Flight to Detroit, Michigan
-Economic policy speech at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, MI
-Manufacturing policy speech in Detroit, MI :

Among the candidates in the Republican field, I am the only one who is proposing conservative solutions to the problems facing our nation.

The right way to boost our manufacturing industry is not to rip our free trade deals. If we want to revive and boost our manufacturing industry, we have to cut taxes and regulations on manufacturing industry and manufacturing businesses. We need to abolish the sales taxes on manufacturing equipment. That way, we're going to make sure that we keep American manufacturing jobs here in America and that we make our manufacturing industry dynamic again and much more able to be competitive, to produce, to manufacture, to sell and to create good-paying manufacturing jobs.

America's prosperity comes from the ingenuity and entrepreneurship and hard work of the American people. So we need to put the government aside and cut taxes for all the American people, for business owners and for our manufacturing industry. That's how America will reclaim it's economic strength and prosperity for all the American people.

Thank you. God bless you, God bless our manufacturing workers and God bless the United States of America.

-Economic policy speech at the Metropolitan Center for High Technology in Detroit, MI
-Energy policy speech at DTE Energy headquarters in Detroit, MI
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 04:48:16 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 07:36:40 PM by UWS »

Part 3

July 1, 2015
-Bus trip to Warren, MI
-Foreign policy speech at the United States Army TACOM Life Cycle Management Command in Warren, MI
-Barnstorm in Warren, MI
-Bus trip to Auburn Hills, MI
-Rally at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, MI
-Economic policy speech at Chrysler headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI
-Manufacturing policy speech at BorgWarner headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI
-Meet with college voters at Oakland University in Auburn Hills, MI

July 2, 2015
-Flight to Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Manufacturing policy speech at Rockwell Collins headquarters in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Agriculture policy speech in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Fundraising event at Cedar Rapids Museum of Art in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Freedom of religion policy speech in Cedar Rapids, IA, in an effort to attract evangelical voters :

Fighting terrorism is necessary not only to ensure international security and to save innocent lives but also to defend freedom of religion. In the Middle East, ISIS is persecuting Christians and Muslims who are not sharing their views and even beheaded many of them.

It's in violation of freedom of religion, an important wall defending justice, freedom, democracy as well as gender equity and an important element of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. If we take military action in the Middle East, we will not only destroy terrorism and reinforce security as well as innocent lives but also save Middle East Christians from persecution, which will save freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble and the right to petition.

-Rally at Veterans Memorial Stadium in Cedar Rapids, IA, alongside Iowa Senator Joni Ernst who officially announces her endorsement to Marco Rubio :

I endorse Marco Rubio because he is the candidate who has the best experience to ensure international security by making our alliances stronger, reinforcing our military, fighting and defeating radical Islamic terrorism, making sure that Iran won't get nuclear weapons and stopping Russia's and China's imperialist policies. He demonstrated compassion for American military veterans like me by successfully introducing a bill that would make irresponsible bureaucrats accountable of not taking care enough of our veterans. These veterans deserve a bright post-military service life just like all the American people deserves better than Barack Obama's record of deception, insecurity and division. I also endorse Senator Rubio because he's a faithful constitutional conservative who defends all the values that make America great : the right to life, to self-defence and to express. And finally, I endorse Senator Rubio because he is the only one who can beat the Democratic nominee and lead us to victory on November 8 2016.

July 3, 2015
-Bus trip to Davenport, IA
-Fundraising event at the River Music Experience in Davenport, IA
-Town hall meeting at the Figge Art Museum in Davenport, IA
-Speech at Modern Woodmen Park in Davenport, IA
-Speech at Junge Park in Davenport, IA
-Economic policy speech at Hamilton Technical College in Davenport, IA
-Health care policy speech at Genesis Health System in Davenport, IA
-Foreign policy speech in Davenport, IA :

Iran wants Israel's death, which means a genocide against Judaism. That's why we can't let Iran getting nuclear weapons not only because it will threat international peace and security but also because it will represent a threat to freedom of religion, a basic element of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States alongside freedom of the press and freedom of the speech. That's why we need more sanctions against Tehran to make sure Iran won't get the necessary capitals to develop it's nuclear program. That's why we have to reinforce our defense relations with our local allies by creating an intergovernmental military alliance that I call the « South-Western Asia Defense Alliance » (that would include America, Turkey, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Jordan, Israel, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India) not only to fight jihadism in the Middle East but also to increase pressure on Iran and prevent it from pursuing its nuclear program. We need strength and collaboration with our allies if we want peace and we need peace to ensure liberty's defense.

-Bus trip to Ames, IA
-Social policy speech at Central Iowa Expo in Ames, IA, in an effort to attract Iowa's conservative and evangelical voters

July 4, 2015
-Flight to Miami, Florida
-Senator Marco Rubio, his family and his supporters celebrate Independence Day in Miami, FL, where Rubio delivers his Independence Day message :

My fellow Americans, almost 240 years ago, our Founding Fathers successfully fought tyranny, declared the independence of a new country named the United States of America and we obtained it through engagement patriotism. During all the 244 years of America's existence, until today, we always fought for our freedom diplomatically, militarily, economically and socially and we always managed to overcome our challenges through conviction and audacity like we will always do. When my parents came here, in Miami, as immigrants, they learned about the opportunities that the American Dream is offering for every single American through hard-working and these opportunities gave their children, including me, a better life, which helped them to make their way in the American society. We need to restore that dream through job creation, free market promotion, immigration reform, education reform and fight against poverty, thus resulting to economic prosperity that will bring the American people together and make the United States of America a united country again.

Thank you and happy Independence Day my friends, God bless you and God bless the United States of America!

-Marco Rubio his family and his supporters sing Star Spangled Banner (USA national anthem) and them pursue their Independence Day celebration in Miami, FL

July 5, 2015
-Meet with college voters at the University of Tampa in Tampa, FL
-Rally at Amalie Arena in Tampa, FL
-Rally at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, FL, alongside Jeb Bush :

Marco Rubio is a man with great and clear accomplishments as Senator and he is the best qualified to restore free market and free enterprise, to get this economy working again, to make America safe and to defeat terrorism. He is the best candidate to grow our party;s support among ethnic minority voters, especially Hispanics, and he will lead us to victory. That's why I endorse my friend Senator Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States.

-Counter-terrorism policy speech at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, FL
-Economic policy speech at the Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa, FL
-Rally at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, FL
-Fundraising event at Tampa Museum of Art in Tampa, FL
-Energy policy speech at Big Bend Power Station in Tampa, FL
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 07:15:06 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 07:40:39 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule July 6-July 19 2015, Part 1

July 6

July 7

July 8
-Flight to Columbia, South Carolina
-Speech at the McCentire Joint National Guard Base in Columbia, SC, in reaction to the recent terrorist attack committed by Seifeddine Reizgui who killed 84 people :

ISIS striked again, but this time in Tunisia. Once again, the Obama administration showed naivety when it comes to radical Islamic terrorism. A terrorist attack can happen everywhere in the world, even in the United States like it recently happened in Garland, Texas. The last 8 years saw massive cuts in defense spending, which weakened our military and our allies' security and decreased our allies' trust toward us. We absolutely need to rebuild our military and increase military spending. That way, we will have the necessary tools and arsenal to defeat radical Islamic terrorism. We can't afford to let the Mediterranean Sea become a terrorist lake. Terrorists' turf's proximity to Europe gives the terrorists an advantage : they will be using Africa as a springboard to commit attacks in Europe. But our European allies' proximity to North Africa can be an advantage to us as well : we need to build a great and powerful military coalition with our NATO allies and our Middle Eastern allies to strike back and to combat and destroy radical Islamic terrorism in Africa and in the Middle East trough military engagement, thus removing the terrorist threat in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

To eradicate terrorism on the African continent, I also propose to put in place a military intelligence agency that will orchestrate an antiterrorist crusade on this continent through military or intelligence operations and that will use drones in order to find the location of terrorist lesders, which will help us to capture or kill them. We also need to bring military training to the armed forces of the African countries in throes of jihadism to make sure these courageous soldiers will be ready and able to accomplish and ensuring these countries' security and to combat terrorism with American techniques that helped us to find and kill Osama Bin Laden. That's how we're going to defeat ISIS, Boko Haram, the Shebaab, etc. And reinforce security in Africa.

-Meet with college voters at Benedict College in Columbia
-Speech at the Columbia Museum of Art in Columbia, SC
-Rally with voters at Founders Park in Columbia, SC
-Rally at Columbia International University with South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley :

As President of the United States, Marco Rubio will reverse Barack Obama's record of economic sluggish, extreme taxations and regulations, energy dependence and growing poverty. President Rubio will cut taxes and abolish these devastating regulations for all the American people as well as for our business owners in order to increase our fellow Americans' purchasing power, stop our companies offshoring and help them to innovate, produce, expand and hire. He will reduce the cost of doing business in the United States, which will attract companies in America and incite our future business owners to do business in here in America, thus ensuring massive job creation just like what happened in South Carolina during my 6 years as Governor of the Palmetto State. Under Rubio's presidency, energy independence through increased oil production due to the approval of the Keystone XL pipeline, oil drilling in ANWR and the construction of the TransAmerica Energy pipeline from Pennsylvania to California, will help us creating jobs, boosting our automobile industry and getting revenues from oil drilling, which a part will be invested into the development of renewable energies to create more industries specialized in this domain and, to create jobs and protect the environment. Free trade will boost job creation by reducing tariffs, making our companies more competitive, promoting innovation, getting us new consumers around the world and opening new markets. By reforming our education system, Marco will make education accessible for all Americans and help our future workers to find a good-paying job. After balancing the budget, a part of budget surpluses will b used to develop infrastructures to facilitate our economic activities and ensure the implementation of new businesses here in the United States. Unlike Barack Obama's big government, energy dependence and protectionist agenda, Marco Rubio's economic agenda will bring permanent prosperity back to America, keep the American Dream alive and allow our country to keep its status as the land of opportunity. South Carolina has the historic reputation of making Republican nominees and presidents so let's elect Marco Rubio to make him our nominee and to make him the next President of the United States of America!

July 9
- Bus trip to Greenville, SC
-Economic policy speech at the International Center for Automotive Research in Greenville, SC
-Fundraising event at the Greenville County Museum of Art in Greenville, SC
-Bus trip to Spartanburg, SC
-Foreign policy speech at the Daniel Morgan Monument in Spartanburg, SC
-Rally with voters at Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg, SC
-Dinner with the voters at Denny's Corporation in Spartanburg, SC
-Bus trip to Rock Hill, SC
-Economic policy speech at Rock Hill Galleria in Rock Hill, SC
-Fundraising event at Winthrop Coliseum in Rock Hill, SC
-Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an attack ad against Senator Jerry Brown for his vote in opposition to the East Asia Security Act of 2005 that would have deterred arms transfers to China. The ad titled "If we didn't act?" airs in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada.

"If we didn't act" ad narration :

Since the last 2 decades, China is considerably reinforcing its military and is about to become competitive with our military. China is led by a communist and oppressive government that doesn't respect human rights and doesn't believe in free enterprise. This nation is threatening its neighbours for economic, patriotic and territorial purposes, thus violating South China Sea's territorial integrity in addition of threatening to declare war against Taiwan if this island declares its independence from China.

We have to take action to avoid any war against China. But in 2005, Jerry Moran, who was Congressman at that time, made the wrong choice on this matter. Jerry Moran voted against the East Asia Security Act of 2005 that would have deterred foreign arms transfers to China, and this bill died in the House of Representatives. If America decided not to deter arms transfers to Beijing, then China would have won, would already had the most powerful military in the world and would have already imposed its dominance on South China Sea and on the Pacific.

But fortunately, Senator Marco Rubio has a better record and leadership on facing China's military power. He will reinforce regulations on U.S. nuclear exports to China and hold Beijing accountable for any violations of the U.S.-China nuclear cooperation agreement, which will restrict foreign arms transfers to China and weaken the potential that China would surpass us as the first worldwide military power and threat its neighbours militarily. As President of the United States, Marco Rubio will pursue this kind of leadership and keep facing China's raising military power by reinforcing our military presence on the Pacific and by creating the Pacific Treaty Organization (PTO), an intergovernmental military organization that will include America and all its allies around the Pacific in order to ensure security, freedom and peace on the Pacific.

If you want a commander in chief who will fight for you, for America's allies and for international security, Marco Rubio is the right choice.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 03:07:43 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 07:41:47 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule from July 5-July 19, Part 2

July 10
-Meet with voters in Union, SC
-Meet with voters in Laurens, SC
-Meet with voters in Lexington, SC
-Speech in Lexington, SC, about Rubio's record on improving veterans' living conditions :

My older brother Mario Rubio is a military veteran and he represents to me an example of the living conditions of our veterans. I always support him just like all other veterans to help them to earn the best post military service life they would ever know. I have a clear record on improving our veterans lives. Let me remind you, Senator King, in 2011 I cosponsored the AGREE Act alongside Democratic Senator Chris Coons. This bill gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise, so it helps them to find a good paying job and to prosper after their military service.

I successfully co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats because it's another way to reward our veterans for their military service and their sacrifices for America.

If I'm elected President of the United States, our veterans will be rewarded for their valiant service to their country not only through medals of honor but also through health services. If we take care of our veterans, as I always did and will always do, they will be thankful of the services we'll give to them just as we are thankful of their service for our country, for freedom and for our national security. I will use this leadership as President of the United States. So I can promise you that our future military veterans will have access to the same services as the current veterans do.

God bless our men and women in uniform, God bless our veterans and God bless the United States of America.

-Meet with voters in Hartsville, SC
-Economic policy speech at Sonoco headquarters in Hartsville, SC
-Agricultural policy speech at Kalmia Gardens in Hartsville, SC
-Meet with the voters Darlington, SC
-Interview wit Chuck Todd on the Supreme Court decision to legslize same-sex marriage :

I will appoint Supreme Court justices that will interpret the Constitution as originally constructed. I don't think the current Constitution gives the federal government the power to regulate marriage. What is wrong is that the Supreme Court has found this hidden constitutional right that 200 years of jurisprudence  had not discovered abd basically overturned the will of the voters in Florida, where over 60 % passed a constitutional amendment that defined marriage in the state constitution as the union of one man and one woman.

July 11
-Speech in Des Moines, IA, where Senator Rubio reiterates his promise to cut taxes and regulations on manufacturing industries to make sure that America will keep its manufacturing industries and create new ones while promoting free trade without any problem.
-Meet with rural voters in Sheldon, IA
-Meet with rural voters in Estherville, IA
-Meet with rural voters in Spirit Lake, IA
-Pro-life policy speech in Spirit Lake, IA
-Meet with voters in Sioux City, IA
-Speech at the Bishop Heelan Catholic Schools in Sioux City, IA

July 12
-Bus trip to Ames, IA
-Breakfast with the voters at Cafe Beaudelaire in Ames, IA
-Fundraising event at Hilton Coliseum in Ames, IA
-Speech at the Iowa State University in Ames, IA  :

You know, Senator Moran and I agree that unborn lives are unimportant for the Democrats. But you also know that he came here and said, I quote : " Other candidates may claim that the life of the unborn is unimportant [...]" Who knows if he questionned other Republican candidates' pro-life faith, including mine. If that's the case, then he dared lie about my pro-life faith, which is dividing our party while we need to work together to beat the Democrats next year as he claimed to be his priority. Senator Moran does not have a monopoly on heart about unnborn children. I have always fought against abortion, I always fought to make sure that unborn children earn the right to live and I will keep pursuing that leadership as President of the United States. I am sick and tired that unborn children die. So I hope, Senator, that you will give me the respect I due to you and make sure that, no mater who wins the nomination, that Republicans will get together to win next year.

God bless unborn children and God bless America.

-Rally in Ames, IA, alongside Scott Walker :

Now is the time to chose who will be the Republican nominee and the next President of the United States of America. I said that if I were to run for President and become the Republican nominee, Marco Rubio would be my first choice as my running mate. Well, now that I'm no longer running, I am here to announce you that I endorse Marco Rubio, because right now he is my first choice for President of the United States.

After eight years of the failed Obama Administration, Americans are looking for real leadership and a new direction. Marco Rubio is a principled constitutional conservative who understands that power belongs to the states — and to the people — and not bureaucrats in Washington. Just like we did in Wisconsin, Marco Rubio is not afraid to challenge the status quo and to stand up against the big government special interests.

Senator Rubio has the best experience to grow our economy, to promote free market and free enterprise, to create jobs, to make America prosperous and to restore the American Dream. He has the right foreign policy experience to work with our allies, to defeat radical Islamic terrorism around the world and to fight for democracy. He is the best-positioned candidate to both win the Republican nomination and defeat either Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren. That’s why I endorse Marco Rubio for President of the United States. »

July 13
-Meet with voters in Ankeny, IA
-Economic policy speech at Best Buy facility in Ankeny, IA
-Education policy speech at Stapples facility in Ankeny, IA
-Meet with rural voters in Eddyville, IA
-Meet with voters in New Sharon, IA

July 14
-Senator Marco Rubio votes in favor of his sponsored Terror Intelligence Improvement Act that is aimed at keeping guns away from suspected terrorists, criminals and supremacists while protecting the Second Amendment for the American people

July 15
-Senate duties in Washington, D.C.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 05:30:00 AM »
« Edited: December 11, 2018, 09:47:41 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule from July 5-July 19 2015, Part 3

July 15
-Flight to Manchester, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech at Segway Inc. headquarters in Manchester, NH
-Trade policy speech in Manchester, NH
-Fundraising event at City Hall Plaza in Manchester, NH
-Town-hall in Manchester, NH
-Meet voters in Concord, NH
-Speech in Concord, NH, where Senator Rubio hammers Joe Biden on his shifting positions :

Even though we disagree a lot of issues, Elizabeth Warren and I agree on one thing : Joe Biden is a flip-flopper. In addition of flip-flopping on same-sex marriage, Joe Biden voted in favor of the Iraq War in 2002-2003 before he changed his position and by withdrawing our troops from Iraq at the wrong moment in 2011, the Obama administration allowed ISIS to rise, conquer an important part of Iraq and Syria and kill innocent people around the world. If I'm President, I will correct that mistake and make sure that we will defeat ISIS and restore security in the Midde East once and for all through military strength and stronger military alliances.

In conclusion, you can see how much Vice-President Biden is ready to say and do anything to get elected.

July 16
-Meet voters in Bedford, NH
-Meet voters in Milford, NH
-Meet voters in Keene, NH
-Meet with voters in Claremont, NH
-Meet with voters in Lebanon, NH

July 17
-Meet with voters in Hanover, NH
-Bus trip to Littleton, NH
-Debate preparation on the bus
-Economic policy Littleton Coin Company in Littleton, NH
-Fundraising event at Littleton Opera House in Littleton, NH
-Agriculture policy speech at Littleton Farmers Market in Littleton, NH
-Bus trip to Berlin, NH
-Speech in Berlin, NH, in reaction to the Greek of the terms of a potential bailout :

The reason why Greece is in a constantly rising debt situation is because government is too big and increased taxes dramatically on the Greek people, which aweaken their purchasing power and cost too many jobs. We don't want it to happen here in America. We need to reduce the size of government, reduce government spending andj cut taxes for all the people to make sure they will lead a successful career and accomplish the American Dream.

July 18
-Flight to Dallas, Texas
-Energy policy speech at Atmos Energy Corporation in Dallas, TX
-Economic policy speech at AT&T Inc. headquarters in Dallas, TX
-Meet with college voters at the University of Texas in Dallas, TX, in an effort to attract Hispanic, African-American and Asian American vote
-Foreign policy speech in front of the George W. Bush Presidential Center in Dallas, TX
-Fundraising event at the Dealey Plaza in Dallas, TX
-Barnstorm at Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex in Dallas, TX, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Bus trip to Houston, TX
-Speech in reaction to the agreement to reopen the US-Cuba embassies :

This won't solve anything. That means that tyranny on the land of my ancestors will be permanent. Lifting the embargo like this will allow the Castro regime to earn more capitals to strengthen its power and to promote communism on the island my parents came from. More people will be put in jail for speaking their mind and the Castro regime will hand America's foes a big favor and a big advantage.

Here are the conditions of a good deal : Cuba has free elections and freedom of press, stops putting people in jail for speaking out, kicks out the Russians from Lourdes, kicks out the Chinese listening station in Berupal, stops helping North Korea evading U.N sanctions, takes all those refugees of America justice. Then we can have a good relationship with Cuba. That's a good deal.

And I have a message for the Cuban people : Nos tiene detras. Nosotros  no os abandonara. Cuando Cuba estara libre nuestras relaciones con Cuba sera mas fuerte y el pueble cubano van a ganar una socieda justa asi como unas oportunidades justas de prospera. Los Estados Unidos y Cuba estas estara  entre los mejores asociados trabajando con toda su energia para combatir la corupcion y delincuencia organizada, consolidar la democracia y libertad y restaurar seguridad y prosperidad en el continente americano.

Gracias. Que Dios bendigua Cuba. Que Dios bendigua los Estados Unidos de America.

July 19
-Flight to Arlington, Virginia
-Foreign policy speech at Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima Memorial) in Arlington, VA
-VA policy speech at Memorial Ampthitheater in Arlington, VA
-Speech at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, VA
-National defense and security policy and foreign policy speech ahead of the Pentagon in Arlington, VA
-Bus trip to Washington D.C.
-Debate preparation
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 06:57:09 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2017, 07:49:53 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Pearcy's attacks

Recently, Mr. Pearcy lectured me and my colleagues on how to conduct on Wall Street. You should remember, Mr. Pearcy, that 4 years ago, I cosponsored the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2011 which sought a full audit of the Federal Reserve. So like you told Senator Warren, think before you speak and lecture your fellow Republicans on Wall Street by calling us softs about it.

Mr. Pearcy calls to reinstate Dodd Frank. Here's why Dodd Frank is a bad idea.

Folks, do you know why these banks are so big? The government made them big. The government made them big by adding thousands and thousands of pages of regulations. So the big banks, they have an army of lawyers, they have an army of compliance officers. They can deal with all these things. The small banks they can't deal with all these regulations. They can't deal with all, they cannot hire the fanciest law firm in Washington or the best lobbying firm to deal with all these regulations. And so the result is, the big banks get bigger, the small banks struggle to lend or even exist, and the result is what you have today. And in Dodd-Frank, you have actually codified too big to fail. We have actually created a category of systemically important institutions, and these banks go around bragging about it. You know what they say to people with a wink and a nod? We are so big, we are so important that if we get in trouble, the government has to bail us out. This is an outrage. We need to repeal Dodd-Frank as soon as possible.

By the way, let me tell you Mr. Pearcy : instead of taking on each other, we need to work together to beat the eventual Democratic nominee on November 2016. Like we use to say since the beginning of America's existence : United we stand, divided we fall.

Thank you. God bless the United States of America.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 07:44:12 PM »

For when is the next round?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 04:40:45 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2019, 10:47:49 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule July 20-August 2 2015, Part 1

July 20

July 21

July 22
-Flight to Summerville, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Summerville, South Carolina
-Bus trip to Goose Creek, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Goose Creek, South Carolina
-Foreign policy speech at Joint Base Charleston in Goose Creek, South Carolina, in reaction to the Iran Nuclear Deal :

The Obama administration is the architect of one of the worst deals America has ever made. This so-called nuclear deal lifted sanctions against Iran, which will allow Tehran to get the necessary revenues to pursue the development of nuclear weapons and to keep supporting international terrorism, thus contributing to further terrorist attacks. A nuclear Iran will impose a serious threat to international security and freedom. If Iran ever gets nuclear weapons, it will be able to wipe Israel off the map and to launch nuclear attacks against our allies, or worse, against us, which would cost hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lives. If such disaster ever happens, I would be very astonished if Vice-President Biden remains so proud of this so-called accomplishment he sees in this deal reached last week with Iran.

If I'm the next President of the United States, I will make sure that any agreement with Iran meets the original goals of the U.N and our allies: a non-nuclear Iran. I will reinforce our geopolitical alliances in the Middle East and in the Indian Subcontinent to increase pression on Iran and make sure that it won't act against our international security interests. I will make certain that Iran will use its nuclear energy not for military purposes but its national economic growth.

Thank you. God bless our allies and God bless the United States of America.

-Foreign policy speech at the Naval Nuclear Power Training Command in Goose Creek, South Carolina
-Bus trip to Moncks Corner, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Moncks Corner, South Carolina
-Bus trip to Hanahan, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Hanahan, South Carolina
-Debate preparation

July 23
-Bus trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
-Meet with college voters in Coastal Carolina University in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where Senator Rubio managed to recruit young voters
-Barnstorm in Conway, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Georgetown, South Carolina
-Pro-life policy speech in Georgetown, South Carolina
-Anti-gun control policy speech in Georgetown, South Carolina
-Bus trip to Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
-Rally in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, alongside Senator Tim Scott in reaction to the removal of the Confederate Flag from the South Carolina capitol :

I am so glad that the Confederate Flag is removed from the South Carolina capitol a few weeks after this terrible shooting that killed 9 African Americans in Charleston. I am proud of Governor Nikki Haley's courageous and valiant hard work to achieve this great accomplishment. Once again, she has proven that the Republican Party is still defending Abraham Lincoln's legacy by doing what is best for the African American community. And I am proud to be endorsed by Governor Haley and by South Carolina Senator Tim Scott, the first African American from the South to be elected to the United States Senate since the 19th century.

We are the party of unity and diversity and as a presidential candidate, I pledge to be President for all the American people : white, black, Hispanic, Asian, etc.

Thank you. God bless South Carolina, God bless the African American community and God bless the United States of America.

-Foreign policy speech at Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
-Fundraising event at Mount Pleasant Towne Centre in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
-Debate preparation

July 24
-Bus trip to North Charleston, South Carolina
-Rally with voters at the North Charleston Coliseum in North Charleston, South Carolina
-National security and counterterrorism policy speech at Charleston Naval Shipyard in North Charleston, South Carolina
-Health care policy speech at Trident Regional Medical Center in North Charleston, South Carolina
-Flight to Berlin, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Berlin, New Hampshire
-Fundraising event in Berlin, New Hampshire
-Speech at the St. Anne Church in Berlin, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech in Berlin, New Hampshire
-Bus trip to Franklin, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Franklin, New Hampshire
-Bus trip to Manchester, New Hampshire
-Rally in Manchester with former New Hampshire Governor John H. Sununu and his son Chris, candidate for New Hampshire Governor :

Marco Rubio will keep the American Dream alive by reforming our immigration system after reinforcing our borders, by fixing our education system to make it more accessible to the American people, by getting us energy independence to allow us to develop renewable energies, by making American businesses competitive, by cutting taxes for all Americans including the middle class, by standing with our precious allies and by modernizing our military. He has both the right economic background and the right foreign policy background to lead our nation to success, security, victory and unity. That is why my father and I are proud to support Marco Rubio for President.

-Speech given by Jeanette Rubio (Marco Rubio's wife) at Southern New Hampshire University :

As a wife and as a mother of two daughters and two sons, I believe we all need to raise our children to help them getting success, which will give them a bright future. Marco will do it by promoting school choice, which will cost families, including these immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, less and produce higher outcomes compared to public education. It will grant parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—especially minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to higher-income families, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce.

Thanks to his experience in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Marco will make America the best country to open a business by reducing the cost of doing business in America, developing new infrastructures to encourage the implementation of new American businesses and by cutting taxes for all the American people. He understands that the way to grow this economy is to make poor people richer.

-Rally with voters at Gill Stadium in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Fundraising event at the Currier Museum of Art in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Debate preparation
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 06:34:38 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 07:53:56 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule July 20-August 2 2015, Part 2

July 25   
-Meet with voters in Pinardville, New Hampshire
-Bus trip to Nashua, New Hampshire
-Manufacturing policy speech at the Nashua Corporation in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Stratham, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in New Market, New Hampshire

July 26
-Meet with voters in Greenland, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Hampton, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Exeter, New Hampshire
-Fundraising event at Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Pembroke, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Boscawen, New Hampshire
-Flight to Phoenix, Arizona
-Debate preparation on the plane

July 27
-Rally at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona, alongside Senator John McCain who announces his endorsement to Marco Rubio :

My fellow Americans, I am here to announce you that I endorse Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States and the next commander-in-chief. I support him because among all the Republican candidates, he has the best foreign policy knowledge to keep America safe and he has the best foreign policy plan to defeat terrorism and tyranny around the world. As President, Marco Rubio will defeat terrorism by growing defense budget, reinforcing and modernizing our military, strengthening and expanding our alliances and send all the necessary arsenal and troops to defeat radical Islamic terrorism.

He will face Russia with courage through overthrowing Bachar al-Assad, thus giving Syria back to Syrians and restoring democracy, stability, integrity, justice and security in this country. He will stop Russia's invasion of Ukraine by providing our Ukrainian allies the necessary American powerful weapons to defeat this pro-Russian rebellion. Marco Rubio will stop North Korea's geopolitical insanity by reinforcing our military presence on the Pacific, establishing an anti-missile shield and strengthening our collaborations with our allies around the Pacific.

Marco Rubio is ready to be commander-in-chief on Day One and our country will be safe under his leadership.

-Foreign policy speech at the Luke Air Force Base in Phoenix, Arizona, alongside Senator John McCain
-Fundraising dinner with the voters at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix, Arizona
-Economic policy speech at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona
-Speech at the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Phoenix, Arizona, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Fundraising event at the Orpheum Theater in Phoenix, Arizona
-Meet with college voters at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa
-Bus trip to West Des Moines, Iowa
-Meet with voters in West Des Moines, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech at Hy-Vee in West Des Moines, Iowa

July 28
-Bus trip to Newton, Iowa
-Barnstorm in Newton, Iowa
-Bus trip to Pella, Iowa
-Manufacturing and agriculture policy speech at Vermeer Company headquarters in Pella, Iowa, where Senator Rubio reiterates his promise to cut taxes and regulations on tractor, seed and agriculture companies, in order to help them to innovate and to manufacture more tractors, seeds and agricultural products, to create jobs, to improve agricultural technologies, thus helping Iowans and Americans to accomplish their agricultural activities and ensure their subsistence.
-Economic policy speech at Pella Corporation in Pella, Iowa
-Barnstorm in Knoxville, Iowa
-Foreign policy speech in Knoxville, Iowa
-Bus trip to Indianola, Iowa
-Barnstorm in Indianola, Iowa
-Fundraising event at Des Moines Metro Opera in Indianola, Iowa
-Bus trip to Winterest, Iowa
-Barnstorm in Winterest, Iowa
-Bus trip to Waukee, Iowa
-Barnstorm in Waukee, Iowa
-Barnstorm in Adel, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech at Stine Seed headquarters in Adel, Iowa :

Agriculture is one of the main tools for economic growth. Agriculture provides food feeding Americans and also provides garments that we carry. So agriculture encourages free market through stronger consumption, an important element of America's economic prosperity. That's why we need to free farmers, including those here in Iowa, from taxes and regulations imposed by the government.

That's why I pledge, as President of the United States, to cut taxes and regulations on agricultural companies and on tractor companies to reinforce their ability to innovate, to produce and to manufacture, which will not only create jobs but also give our consumers more access to food and to clothing, thus improving their living conditions and their American Dream.

Thank you. God bless our farmers, God bless our consumers and God bless America.

-Debate preparation

July 29
-Bus trip to Boone, Iowa
-Barnstorm to Boone, Iowa
-Bus trip to Beaconsfield, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Beaconsfield, Iowa
-Bus trip to Mount Ayr, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Mount Ayr, Iowa
-Social policy speech in Mount Ayr, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Bedford, Iowa

July 30

July 31
-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
-Economic policy speech at World Market Center Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Fundraising event at the Fremont Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Immigration policy speech in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Fundraising event at Main Street Station Hotel and Casino and Brewery in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Speech at the Latin Chamber of Commerce Nevada Inc. in Las Vegas, Nevada, about Senator Rubio's plan to create economic opportunities for the Hispanic community :

The Obama Administration has been ineffective when it comes to create jobs for the American people, including Hispanics. We need to give Hispanics the opportunity to learn English while maintaining their language and cultural heritage in order to open up economic opportunities for them, because I believe we should not close these opportunities for any of our fellow citizens because their first language is another one than English. School choice will give positive results to Hispanics : lower education costs for families, including immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, production of higher outcomes, in contrast to public education. It allows parents to guide their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and grant them better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—notably minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to high-income families, thus giving them a fair chance of success and an easier path to the workforce.

By promoting free trade with Latin America, we will give our businesses, including Hispanic small businesses in the United States thanks to language opportunities and their fluency in Spanish and English, new opportunities to innovate, to increase their competitiveness, to get new consumers by giving them access to American products, to create jobs in our country and ensure their business' expansion. Thanks to their bilingualism, Hispanics will be dominant among the importers, exporters, translators and executives who ensure such a cultural and commercial exchange. Our innovation and competition capacity comes from our open markets as well as our constant quest for new markets.

Thanks to my pro-growth agenda to open economic opportunities for Hispanics and create jobs for them, this large community will earn the same opportunities as any other American, porque America es el pais de las oportunidades dónde todo es posible para todos los estadounidenses de abajo hacia arriba.

Gracias. Que Dios bendiga la comunidad hispana. Que Dios bendiga los Estados Unidos de America.

-Visit to the Nevada Test Site for a speech about the importance of stopping Iran's nuclear program and North Korean aggression as well as preventing nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction from falling into the hands of terrorists.
-Bus trip to Reno, Nevada
-Meet with college voters at the University of Nevada in Reno, Nevada
-Fundraising event at Silver Legacy in Reno, Nevada
-Economic policy speech at the National Automobile Museum in Reno, Nevada
-Meet with voters in Sparks, Nevada
-Supper with voters at El Rincon Restaurant in Sparks, Nevada
-Flight to Henderson, Nevada
-Meet with voters in Henderson, Nevada
-Manufacturing policy speech at Titanium Metals Corporation facility in Henderson, Nevada
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 06:41:27 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 07:54:27 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule July 20-August 2 2015, Part 3

August 1
-Meet with voters in North Las Vegas, Nevada
-Flight to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
-Counterrorism policy speech at the Oklahoma City National Memorial in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma :

Twenty years ago, America suffered one of the worst terrorist attacks in its history. That day, here in Oklahoma City, 168 of our fellow citizens were killed by two extremists while over 680 were wounded. This terrorist attack, like all the others that we witnessed over the last few months, demonstrated that we can't afford to lower our security against terrorism and extremism. We will not surrender, we will defeat our enemies and we will win.

-Rally with voters at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
-Energy policy speech at Chesapeake Energy headquarters in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, in which Senator Rubio unveils his energy plan :

When I'm President of the United States, energy independence will be one of my priorities for America's prosperity. If I'm elected, we will reinforce oil drilling by approving the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline as well as oil drilling in ANWR and Alaskan coasts, by building a transcontinental pipeline from Pennsylvania to Californian coasts and another one from Alaska to Alberta to increase oil production as well as the production and transport of oil barrels, which, according to economists, will create hundreds of thousands of new good-paying jobs. I will increase permits on federal lands and promote the manufacturing of more underwater tankers that will be able to exploit oilfields under water as well multiplying oil platforms.

That way, we will finally be able to exploit these resources easily and safely without any danger before Russia does, especially in the Arctic, a strategic region with great potential such as an abundance of oil and gas, notably on the Alaskan coasts and the Beaufort Sea. It will deprive terrorists and other anti-American forces of revenues from America's energy dependence on foreign oil to prepare attacks against the United States and its allies. It will help us growing our economy and to protect the environment. As a result, my energy plan will lead us to energy independence by 2030 and increase our capacity of producing our own energies. It will also boost our automotive industry and our manufacturing industry by making our cars less expensive, increasing car manufacturing in America, encouraging our consumers to buy more American cars than Asian cars thanks to a stronger purchasing power and by saving Great Lakes cities (especially Detroit, Chicago and Milwaukee, where automotive industry is among the main economic activities) from bankruptcy. As a result, it will give us the upper hand in the Transpacific Partnership thanks to lower prices for American cars. Under my administration, we will use a part of the revenues from oil drilling to develop alternative and renewable energies such nuclear, wind, solar and hydroelectric energies for the sake of our economy and our environment.

That's how we're going to get to America's energy revolution for the sake of a stronger economic prosperity and national security.

-Bus trip to Tulsa, Oklahoma
-Dinner with voters at Marshall Brewing Company in Tulsa, Oklahoma
-Rally with voters at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma
-Fundraising supper with voters at Mazzio's headquarters in Tulsa, Oklahoma
-Meet with college voters at the University of Tulsa in Tulsa, Oklahoma
-Trade policy speech at the Tulsa Port of Catoosa in Tulsa, Oklahoma

August 2
-Flight to Cleveland, Ohio
-Debate preparation on the plane
-Speech at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Cleveland, Ohio, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Energy policy speech at NACCO Industries Inc. headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio
-Meet with college voters at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio
-Rally at FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio
-Dinner with voters at the West Side Market in Cleveland, Ohio
-Debate preparation for all the afternoon
-Senator Marco Rubio participates at the first Republican presidential debate with Stephen Pearcy,
 Senator Rand Paul, Senator Ted Cruz, Senator Jerry Moran and former Governor Mitch Daniels at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 05:47:14 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 07:55:05 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad

Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts a television ad similar to Ronald Reagan's 1984 « There is a bear in the woods », that was, at the time, promoting a strong national security against the Soviet Union symbolized by a bear. It also reminds George W. Bush's 2004 T.V. ad titled « Wolves » that called for stronger national security against Al Qaida and international terrorism that were represented by wolves in this ad.

Marco Rubio's T.V. ad titled « A cougar is waiting in the weeds » features a cougar, comparing this predator to ISIS and international radical Islamic terrorism. It also features a cyclist riding in cougar's mountainous territory and a park warden. This commercial's goal is to call on the American people to stay vigilant against the threat posed to the United States by radical Islamic terrorism (especially ISIS, Al Qaida, the Hezbollah, Boko Haram, etc.) and to promote a strong national defense to eradicate this threat.

The ad airs nationwide (in all the 50 states).

« A cougar is waiting in the weeds » advertisement narration :

In the mountainous deserts of the West, the cougar, one of the greatest most dangerous and deadly predators in America, is waiting in the weeds, just like jihadists are preparing to attack at anytime around the world.

On the cougar's territory, we can't afford to lack vigilance just like we can't afford to lower our guard against Islamic terrorism by cutting in security measures, in the budget defense, in military spending and in our military's modernization and readiness.

The cougar is preparing to pounce on his next defenseless prey.

But if we increase security on this territory, this threat can be removed, thus saving this cyclist's life, just like we can remove the threat posed to the United States and its allies by ISIS and international radical Islamic terrorism if we stand with our allies, increase defense budget and deploy all the necessary military arsenal to defeat terrorism, thus saving innocent lives for the sake of democracy, freedom, justice, integrity and security.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 08:53:11 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2017, 07:28:08 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Pearcy's claims on the War on Terror

Once again, Stephen Pearcy demonstrated that he does not have the national security experience and judgement to keep America safe while terrorism is about to become one of the, if not, the most important issue of this campaign. He doesn't understand that if we want peace, we have to be ready for war. And that's what George Washington said : “To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace. ”

Here is an example of this matter of fact : 4 years ago, we withdrew our tropos from Iraq at the wrong moment, which allowed ISIS to rise, to conquer a great territory in Iraq and Syria, to kill innocent people around the world and to commit genocides in the Middle East.

If Mr. Pearcy thinks that Syria would be like Iraq, he is completely wrong. Here is a clear difference between Iraq and Syria : Bachar al-Assad is clearly possessing weapons of mass destruction as well as rockets containing the chemical agent sarin and his regime used it on August 21 2013, killing almost 1500 people. This is barbarism.

And Mr. Pearcy, the reason why we are still in Afghanistan despite Bin Laden's death is because the Taliban and Al Qaida are still on the run, threatening security, integrity and democracy there and killing people all across Afghanistan. We are training the new Afghan army to ensure their readiness and to transfer them the responsibility of Afghanistan's security. That is how we're going to defeat Al Qaida and the Taliban once and for all.

If we disengage ourselves from the War on Terror, ISIS, Al Qaida and international terrorism will win this war and we will face a disastrous situation through multiplied terrorist attacks against us and our allies. If we disengage in our fight against terrorism like the Obama administration did by withdrawing in Iraq, ISIS will follow us home just like terrorists followed us home and attacked us in Boston in 2013 and in Garland this year.

ISIS wants Iraq and Syria to be a heaven and a base for radical Islamic terrorism in order to launch further attacks against the United States and its allies. The Middle East is not their ultimate destination. Their ultimate destination is New York City, Washington D.C., Chicago, Boston, Seattle. etc.

And yet, Mr. Pearcy has joined the Democrats on foreign policy issues and is proposing America's surrender. I refuse surrender beacause that means victory for ISIS and international terrorism and defeat for America, democracy, integrity and security and that is what will happen if Mr. Pearcy is elected. That is why he can't be trusted because his leadership will contribute to stronger terrorist threat. Surrender makes peace impossible.

Ending wars is not enough. We need a commander-in-chief who speaks of winning wars and not merely ending wars. I seek to be that commander-in-chief. If we reinforce our defense ties with our allies in the Middle East and in the Indian Subcontinent and restore sanctions  against Iran, there will be no need to trigger a war against Iran because they will never have nuclear weapons. If we strengthen our alliances, we will, with all the necessary arsenal, defeat ISIS by attacking them from all the sides, just like we defeated Adolf Hitler and the Third Reich on the European continent at the end of World War II. That way, we will wipe ISIS off the map and bring Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to justice. That is how we will preserve security, democracy, freedom, integrity and justice and restore peace.

Thank you, God bless the United States of America.

[Applause from the audience]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 08:56:34 PM »

Do we have to wait until all Republican candidates have posted their campaign schedules before starting posting our debate answers?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 07:14:27 AM »

Do we have to wait until Rand Paul posts his schedule before posting our debate answers?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 07:43:12 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2017, 07:49:55 AM by UWS »

I think He Will post in the beggining of the Next turn, anyway I'm post my turn as soon I'm at home.

Don't mind the wrong capitalization, my phone has a base auto corrector

Ok, so we can start posting our debate answers now?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 08:05:30 AM »

So you mean, we PM our debate answers to Speaker CXSmith (Labor-MA) by sending them to him and then he will post them?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2017, 08:12:24 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2017, 08:26:11 AM by UWS »

He already PMed me the questions for Marco Rubio. Did he do the same for Stephen Pearcy?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies