Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:46:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 123923 times)
Goldeneye
Rookie
« on: June 10, 2017, 09:59:10 PM »

I take over as Jerry Moran, but if I lose the Iowa caucuses, I will drop out.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »

I'm sorry, I have to quit. My computer is just not co-operating with this thread for some reason.

If Bernie Sanders really needs a new player in order to be active in the game, then I'm ready to replace GoTfan for that role.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 06:20:47 PM »

So that is official. I'm replacing GoTfan as Bernie Sanders. Feel the bern.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 06:35:51 PM »

So that is official. I'm replacing GoTfan as Bernie Sanders. Feel the bern.

I'm not sure if GoTfan sent in debate answers, since that was this turn...but you do need to draw up a schedule for Sanders and possibly his running mate (Tulsi Gabbard, if you weren't paying attention).

No problem.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 12:30:38 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2017, 01:31:12 PM by Goldeneye »

Bernie Sanders' campaign schedule

October 10
-Flight to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
-Meet with voters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with Richard Trumka
-Economic policy speech in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with Richard Trumka:

A real progressive needs to have the courage to stand to Wall Street and to special interests like I did throughout all my political career. I don't think Senator Warren has this courage. You know why? Because while she claims to be so anti-Wall Street, she supports the Ex-Im Bank.

[Crowd boos]

But we all know that the Ex-Im Bank is corporate welfare at its worst. Just like President Obama has said when he first ran in 2008, the Ex-Im Bank has become little more than a fund for corporate welfare. And even though I disagree with Senator Rubio on the Wall Street issue, I agree with him on one thing : Senator Warren is just another darling of Wall Street since she received 600 000 dollars from individuals in the securities and investment industry as well as 2.3 million dollars from Wall Street lawyers and law firms to fund her 2012 senatorial campaign. So Senator Warren is supported by special interests. I never asked for Wall Street contributions or support because we need to fight money's influence in politics. I will do it as President and we can win without Wall Street money. When I'm President, we're going to abolish the Ex-Im Bank, everybody in this country will havetheir fair share of wealth and the power will be to all the people. Of the people, by the people, for the people.

[Crowd cheers and applauds as John Lennon's Power to the People plays]

-Green energy policy speech in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with Richard Trumka
-Meet with voters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with Richard Trumka
-Debate preparation in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

October 11
-Flight to Manchester, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Green energy policy speech in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Concord, New Hampshire
-Integrity policy speech in Concord, New Hampshire Sad

By contacting with the Democratic National Committee in order to orchesrate efforts to derail my campaign during the Democratic primaries to deny me a fair chance at winning the Democratic nomination, Elizabeth Warren acted like Vladimir Putin because Warren's actions resulted to a fraudulent Democratic primary race and to unfair primary contests that gave her the advantage over me. We can't tolerate it in a democracy like America. If you put your trust in me to be your President, I will put an end to corruption, I will fight money's influence in politics because this is a democracy, not an aristocracy. That way, we're going to reform our democracy for the sake of America's freedom.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

October 12
-Flight to Portland, Maine
-Meet with voters in Portland, Maine with Tulsi Gabbard
-Economic populism policy speech in Portland, Maine with Tulsi Gabbard
-Manufacturing policy speech in Portland, Maine with Tulsi Gabbard
-Meet with voters in Lewiston, Maine with Tulsi Gabbard
-Ecological policy speech in Lewiston, Maine with Tulsi Gabbard
-Meet with voters in Brunswick, Maine with Tulsi Gabbard
-Debate preparations in Brunswick, Maine

October 13
-Flight to Minneapolis, Minnesota
-Debate preparation on the plane
-Meet with voters in Minneapolis, Minnesota
-Manufacturing policy speech in Minneapolis, Minnesota
-Meet with voters in Saint Paul, Minnesota
-Foreign policy speech in Saint Paul, Minnesota Sad

As we've heard from Sherrod Brown, Elizabeth Warren wants to select Joe Biden as her Secretary of State. Even though we give this administration the credit of having killed Osama Bin Laden, this is a matter of judgement because Vice-President Biden adopted hawkish foreign policy positions adopted by the Republicans. In 2003, Biden supported the invasion of Iraq while there was no weapons of mass destruction there, thus causing unnecessary deaths of American soldiers and innocent civilians and creating a vacuum fulfilled by ISIS, which allowed its emergence and the increase of ISIS' threat. As Vice-President, Joe Biden supported the U.S. invasion of Libya even though Gadaffi did not represent a direct threat to our country. Libya met Iraq's fate with a vacuum fulfilled by jihadists. Biden even supports the use of U.S. drones that accidently killed several innocent civilians instead of killing terrorists. My running mate Tulsi Gabbard is herself a veteran, we know what it is to lose our men and women in uniform for nothing. These were endless wars that cost too much money, increased the deficit and caused unncessary deaths. Senator Warren's desire to have Biden as Secretary of State clearly demonstrated that she's too close to Senator Rubio in terms of foreign policy. She is just another liberal hawk.

When I'm President, all of that will change. We will promote diplomacy, we will adopt a foreign policy based on America's direct interests and we will build coalitions with our allies in order to defeat terrorism, even if that requires working with Russia. That's the right path to peace.

[Crowd applauds]

October 14-15
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

October 16
-Flight to Detroit, Michigan
-Meet with voters in Detroit, Michigan
-Anti-racism policy speech in Detroit, Michigan, reminding Sanders' participation in civil rights protests in Chicago, where he was arrested in the 1960s
-Meet with voters in Flint, Michigan where Senator Sanders slams Elizabeth Warren for having helped Travelers Insurance to deny payment to Asbestos-poisoning victims.

October 17
-Campaign in California and Oregon where Senator Sanders focuses mostly on foreign policy, green energy and Wall Street reform
-On social media, Bernie Sanders congratulates Senator Rubio for his wedding anniversary

October 18
-Campaign in Hawaii with Tulsi Gabbard
-Debate preparation for all the afternoon

October 19
-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
-Debate practice on the plane
-Bernie Sanders participates at the third and final debate with Marco Rubio, Elizabeth Warren and Ron Paul at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas, Nevada
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 04:22:51 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2017, 04:39:31 PM by Goldeneye »

State Polling: Oct. 21, 2016

Arizona:
Rubio: 50%
Warren: 42%
Paul: 3%
Sanders: 1%

Nevada:
Rubio: 49%
Warren: 44%
Paul: 4%
Sanders: 2%

Oregon:
Warren: 47%
Rubio: 39%
Sanders: 10%
Paul: 2%

Colorado:
Warren: 43%
Rubio: 40%
Paul: 7%
Sanders: 7%

New Mexico:
Warren: 49%
Rubio: 45%

Hawaii:
Rubio: 34%
Warren: 31%
Sanders: 27%
Paul: 7%

Ohio:
Warren: 45%
Sanders: 3%

Wisconsin:
Rubio: 47%
Paul: 1%

Michigan:
Warren: 46%

Pennsylvania:
Rubio: 47%

Virginia:
Warren: 48%
Rubio: 46%

Minnesota:
Rubio: 44%
Sanders: 8%

New Hampshire:
Warren: 34%
Rubio: 33%
Paul: 15%
Sanders: 13%

Maine:
Warren: 39%
Rubio: 37%
Paul: 9%
Sanders: 9%

Missouri:
Rubio: 50%

North Carolina:
Rubio: 48%

Alaska:
Warren: 37%
Paul: 11%
Sanders: 5%

Illinois:
Warren: 50%
Rubio: 43%

National Polling: Four Way Race (Rubio +3)

Rubio: 44%
Warren: 41%
Sanders: 5%
Paul: 4%

National Polling: Two-Way Race (Rubio +2)/b]

Rubio: 49%

538 Election Prediction: Tracking % Oct. 21, 2016
Marco Rubio: 43% Chance of becoming President
Elizabeth Warren: 33% Chance of Becoming President
Deadlocked Election: 24% Chance of Happening

Electoral Map: Based on Current State Polling
Rubio: 272
Warren: 238
Tied States: 28

I think there is a mistake on this map because actually Sanders is the one who is leading in Vermont, right? So Vermont should be coloured in green, not red.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 07:33:25 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2017, 09:24:14 PM by Goldeneye »

I don't think so. I will either post my schedule by 10 pm.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 09:05:19 PM »

Bernie Sanders' campaign schedule from October 20 2016 to October 30 2016

October 20-21
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

October 22
-Flight to Augusta, Maine
-Meet with voters in Augusta, Maine
-Green energy policy speech in Augusta, Maine
-Infrastructure policy speech in Augusta, Maine
-Meet with voters in Olympia, Maine
-Foreign policy speech in Olympia, Maine where Senator Sanders describes the differences between his foreign policy agenda and Senator Rubio's.
-Meet with voters in Biddeford, Maine
-Abortion policy speech in Biddeford, Maine
-Meet with voters in New Brunswick, Maine

October 23
-Flight to Chicago, Illinois
-Meet with voters in Chicago, Illinois with Tulsi Gabbard
-Fair trade policy speech in Chicago, Illinois with Tulsi Gabbard
-Immigration reform policy speech in Chicago, Illinois with Tulsi Gabbard
-Economic policy speech in Chicago, Illinois with Tulsi Gabbard
-Social justice policy speech in Chicago Illinois with Tulsi Gabbard
-Meet with voters in Aurora, Illinois with Tulsi Gabbard
-Foreign policy speech in Aurora, Illinois where Senator Sanders criticizes Barack Obama's « Republican-like hawkish foreign policy » and reiterates his pledge to give diplomacy a chance
-Meet with voters in Joliet, Illinois with Tulsi Gabbard
-Meet with voters in Rockford, Illinois with Tulsi Gabbard
-Energy policy speech in Rockford, Illinois where Senator Sanders speaks out against the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline and of the Dakota Access Pipeline and pledges the promises to invest in renewable energies

October 24
-Flight to Albert Lea, Minnesota
-Meet with voters in Albert Lea, Minnesota with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Meet with voters in Minneapolis, Minnesota with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Infrastructure policy speech in Minneapolis, Minnesota with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Minimum wage policy speech in Minneapolis, Minnesota with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Women rights policy speech in Minneapolis, Minnesota where Senator Sanders gives efforts to attract female voters by slamming Elizabeth Warren for paying her female staff 71 % less than her male staff

October 25
-Flight to Goffstown, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Goffstown, New Hampshire with Tulsi Gabbard
-Meet with voters in Manchester, New Hampshire with Tulsi Gabbard
-Anti-Wall Street policy speech in Manchester, New Hampshire where Senator Sanders attacks Elizabeth Warren on her ties with Wall Street
-Manufacturing policy speech in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Concord, New Hampshire with Tulsi Gabbard

October 26
-Flight to Portland, Oregon
-Meet with voters in Portland, Oregon
-Health care policy speech in Portland, Oregon Sad

Sometimes, we're not sure where Elizabeth Warren stands on issues. On health care, for example, she flip-flopped on the idea of a single-payer health care system. In 2008, she co-authored the essay titled « Get Sick, Go Broke », in which she said that the most obvious solution would be universal single-payer health care. Four years later, she told a local TV host that she did not support a single-payer health care system.

[Crowd boos]

Health care must be recognized as a right, not a privilege. Every man, woman and child in our country should be able to access the health care they need regardless of their income. The only long-term solution to America's health care crisis is a single-payer national health care program. That's exactly the system I'm going to put in place as President of the United States.

October 27-28
-Flight to Cleveland, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Cleveland, Ohio with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Infrastructure policy speech in Cleveland, Ohio with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Health care policy speech in Cleveland, Ohio with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Meet with voters in Akron, Ohio with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Meet with voters in Toledo, Ohio with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Manufacturing policy speech in Toledo, Ohio with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Meet with voters in Dayton, Ohio with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Meet with voters in Cincinnati, Ohio with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Meet with voters in Columbus, Ohio with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison
-Green energy policy speech in Columbus, Ohio with Tulsi Gabbard and Keith Ellison in an effort to attract progressive voters Sad

While Senator Warren claims to fight for clean energy and clean environment, she demonstrated her lack of judgement by selecting Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown as her running mate while Senator Brown is among the 4 Democratic Senators who voted against the Carbon Emissions Cap and Trade Plan of 2008. So Senator Brown supported coal and has decided to allow the continuation of pollution caused by coal.

[Crowd boos]

Climate change is real. It is caused by human activity. How can Senator Warren be a progressive if she selected a supporter of coal as her running mate? She can't be trusted to ensure a clean environment. Unlike, Senator Warren, we're going to invest in renewable energies because our ecological interests are not different from our economic interests. That way, we're going to create millions of good-paying jobs while capping carbon emissions, improving our ecological footprint and ensure a cleaner environment.

October 29-30
-Campaign in California and Washington state
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 09:20:30 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2017, 09:26:24 PM by Goldeneye »

Bernie Sanders' campaign ad

In an effort to attract progressive voters and female voters, Bernie Sanders' campaign broadcasts an ad attacking Elizabeth Warren for paying her female staff 71 % less than her male staff while narrating Sanders' promise to raise the minimum wage to 15 $/hour.

The ad airs in California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire, Maine, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada.

Ad narration Sad

Marco Rubio during a campaign rally speech : While Elizabeth Warren talks about being the first female president, we have to understand that as Senator, she is paying her female staff 71 % less than her male staffers. The gender pay gap in Senator Warren's office is nearly 10 percent wider than the national average, which means that women in Warren's office will have to wait longer than most women across the country to recognize Equal Pay Day.

Narrator : That's why women across this country can't trust Elizabeth Warren to lead this country, to manage the economy and to make it fair for all Americans across the country. But these are qualities that Bernie Sanders has. As President, he will make sure that women will have a salary as equal as men by increasing taxes on the rich in order to make them pay their fair share and by raising the minimum wage at 15 $/hour.

Bernie Sanders, for a fairer economy.

Bernie Sanders : I'm Bernie Sanders and I approve this message.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 11:05:17 PM »

Bernie Sanders' campaign schedule from October 31 2016 to November 8 2016

October 31
-Halloween party with supporters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

November 1
-Flight to Lansing, Michigan
-Meet with voters in Lansing, Michigan
-Environment policy speech in Lansing, Michigan
-Meet with voters in Detroit, Michigan
-Manufacturing policy speech in Detroit, Michigan
-Fair trade policy speech in Detroit, Michigan

November 2
-Flight to Honolulu, Hawaii
-Meet with voters in Honolulu, Hawaii with Tulsi Gabbard
-Immigration policy speech in Honolulu, Hawaii with Tulsi Gabbard
-Foreign policy speech in Honolulu, Hawaii with Tulsi Gabbard
-Anti-establishment policy speech in Honolulu, Hawaii with Tulsi Gabbard
-Health care policy speech in Honolulu, Hawaii with Tulsi Gabbard

November 3
-Flight to Denver, Colorado
-Meet with voters in Denver, Colorado with Keith Ellison
-Rally with voters at Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado with Keith Ellison Sad

While he was running for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, Congressman Paul has, in a desperate attempt to gain traction in the Republican primary, accepted 500 $ of campaign donations received from the neo-Nazi leader Don Black, who was a Great Wizard in the Ku Klux Klan and who runs a white supremacist websites like Stormfront that administered the website martinlutherking.org that was created to malign the character of Martin Luther King. He even refused to return this money to such extremist groups. So he refused to stand up to hate-mongers like Don Black. While the Paul campaign said that one of the reasons why this money was accepted is to try to spread the message of freedom, he can't have it both ways since this money is from extremist white supremacists movements that are acting against the rights of African Americans and all other ethnic and religious minorities. These extremist groups are against liberty. Paul's decision to keep this money was putting his campaign ahead of the fight against hate. No wonder that Congressman Paul has voted time and time again against a holiday for Martin Luther King.

[Crowd boos]

I think Congressman Paul owes apologies to the African-American community and to myself since I attended the 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, where Dr. King gave his « I Have a Dream » speech and since he was arrested by the Chicago police for participating and leading civil rights protests, including a demonstration against segregation in Chicago's public schools. America deserves better than hate, rage intolerance and xenophobia. That's why I will be president for every single American, no matter your ethny, your religion or your origins.

November 4
-Flight to Minneapolis, Minnesota
-Anti-establishment policy speech in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Senator Warren keeps lying about her collusion with the Democratic National Committee. After I won the New Hampshire Democratic primary, Senator Warren along with the entire Democratic establishment panicked so she and the DNC concluded a fundraising agreement in order to fund Warren's campaign during the primaries. They colluded in order to derail my campaign in order to make sure I would not win the nomination. Senator Warren has made another Vladimir Putin out of herself.

But we deserve much better than that. So I call of you not to allow yourselves to be manipulated by the establishment that only fights for its own interests and I call on you to come out on November 8 and cast your vote for me. If you do, I will defend the integrity of our democracy.

November 5
-Flight to Lorrain, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Lorrain, Ohio
-Fair trade policy speech in Lorrain, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Cleveland, Ohio
-Manufacturing policy speech in Cleveland, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Akron, Ohio
-Green energy policy speech in Akron, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Columbus, Ohio
-Immigration policy speech in Columbus, Ohio where Senator Sanders slams Sherrod Brown for his support to the Secure Fence Act of 2006
-Meet with voters in Dayton, Ohio

November 6
-Campaign in Maine

November 7
-Flight to Nashua, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Anti-corruption policy speech in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Concord, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Manchester, New Hampshire
-GOTV speech in Manchester, New Hampshire

November 8
-Flight to Burlington, Vermont
-Bernie Sanders casts his vote for himself in Burlington's polling place
-Watch the coverage of Election Night 2016 with family, Tulsi Gabbard and campaign team
-Election Night Rally in Burlington, Vermont with Tulsi Gabbard and supporters
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 11:18:23 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2017, 11:24:00 PM by Goldeneye »

Bernie Sanders campaign ad

In an effort to attract progressive votes as well as disaffected Warren supporters, Bernie Sanders' campaign broadcasts an ad attacking Elizabeth Warren for selecting a running mate who once supported coal while narrating Sanders' pledge to invest in renewable energies.

The ad titled « Clean Future » airs in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Colorado, New Mexico, New Hampshire, Maine, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, California, Illinois, New York and New Jersey

« Clean Future » ad narration Sad

Narrator : While Elizabeth Warren claims to fight for clean energy and clean environment, she demonstrated her lack of judgement by selecting Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown as her running mate while Senator Brown is among the 4 Democratic Senators who voted against the Carbon Emissions Cap and Trade Plan of 2008. So Senator Brown supported coal and has decided to allow the continuation of pollution caused by coal.

Climate change is real. It is caused by human activity. How can Senator Warren be a progressive if she selected a supporter of coal as her running mate? She can't be trusted to ensure a clean environment.

Unlike Senator Warren, Bernie Sanders will invest in renewable energies because our ecological interests are not different from our economic interests. That way, we're going to create millions of good-paying jobs while capping carbon emissions, improving our ecological footprint and ensure a cleaner environment.

No wonder that the League of Conservation Voters rated Senator Sanders at 100 % on environmental issues.

Bernie Sanders, for a stronger economy through a clean energy agenda that will save the environment.

Bernie Sanders : I'm Bernie Sanders and I approve this message.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 11:20:00 PM »

Will be held up on update. Caught up in election night gathering for city council race.
Will have it up tomorrow!

NHI

I just posted my campaign schedule so I think we can start the next turn and start Election Night.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 03:12:05 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2017, 03:42:59 PM by Goldeneye »

Bernie Sanders' concession speech in Burlington, Vermont

I have just called President-Elect Rubio to offer my congratulations on his victory. He has run a hell of a campaign, and deserves the Presidency. And I also want to congratulate my friend Senator Warren and Congressman Paul for the campaigns they ran.

Even though we did not win, we have broken ground tonight. We have become the first third party to win Electoral Votes in over 50 years!

I believed that progressives could come together for the greater good. I believed our squabbling could be put aside. And we proved ourselves right. So this fight is just getting started, because we demonstrated that everything is possible.

To those who's concerns have been and will be the cares of our movement, I echo the words of Senator Ted Kennedy : Our work goes on, our cause endures, out hope still lives, and our dream shall never die!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies