Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:46:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 123943 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« on: May 20, 2017, 10:25:06 PM »

Hi all-

I'm willing to take over the managing of the election day.
As I understand the timeline is August 2015 -- let's continue it through the end of August, do a round of polling, endorsements and then move ahead to late November/early December.

Sound fair to everyone?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:59:50 AM »

I'm ok with what NHI said, but what about the debate?

Yes. We'll do the debate as well.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 07:06:08 AM »

Including the first Republican presidential primary debate that was held in Cleveland, Ohio?

Yes.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 07:11:54 AM »

Including the first Republican presidential primary debate that was held in Cleveland, Ohio?

Yes.

So I guess we have to PM you our debate answers. That way you can put them at the topic of the beginning of the next round.

OK. sounds good.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 07:49:47 AM »

As soon as I have everyone's debate answers and endorsement requests I'll start the next round.

- NHI
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 08:17:52 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2017, 08:29:12 PM by NHI »

TURN 6
Update 1: Republican Presidential Debate

Pearcy:

1. As you know, President Obama has made a new deal with Iran with regards to its nuclear policy. What would you do about this deal?

Well I feel like it is a step in the right direction towards peace with Iran but it's not what I wanted. We are not quite their yet.

2. Mr. Pearcy, you are the only candidate in the race not to have held public office. Do you feel that this would impede you if you were to win the election?

Well I think it would start a revolution of these celebrities who I may like thinking about running for office of their choice. I believe that we need these to drain out career politicians in DC.

3. Make a closing statement.

I may not be perfect and I made have a iffy history but I have changed and I just want to let the people know that if you vote for me we will not have a corrupt government or pointless wars or numbers in debt.  I want to make take Amercia back!  I want to bring back free market values and defeat the Washington establishment. What is so wrong with that?

---

Paul:

1. As you know, President Obama has made a new deal with Iran with regards to its nuclear policy. What would you do about this deal?

The Iranian deal made by this administration just shown us how weak is the Obama administration when talking about foreign policy, they ceded basically everything to the country that shouts "Death to America and it's people" and "Death to the Jews and Israel", the deal tells us to lift the sanctions in this country, and sincerely this is crazy, how can we expect a country that want we dead and say it to everyone to follow the deal, I'm not opposed to negotiations but this type of negotiation, with this type of country is not viable. As president, I will fight to rip up this deal, to reinstate the sanctions in Iran, I will recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, to show Iran that America is back in the game, to grant safety for it's citizens!

2. Senator Paul, you recently filibustered the USA PATRIOT Act for 10 and a half hours. This is a divisive issue both within your party and the American population as a whole. What security measures do you believe should be taken in place of the USA PATRIOT Act?

Well, the USA PATRIOT Act is a form of more government control over citizens, there are many bad things in the PATRIOT Act, specially the fact that it gives many powers to the government to spy it's citizens, for example seeing in phone who you called, when you called, the duration of the call and other information, with the information the government collects, it can know you age, sex, religion, political engagement, and other things. My answer to this question is pretty simple, first we need to end the terrorism here, how do I plan to do this? First we need to change our policy of taking refugees, I will make very clear, you will only enter this country if you have a reason, if we know who you are if you are ok, because there are many people that take advantage of this crisis to enter the country and this people turn out to be radicals and to do attacks, the second thing is to be very clear to every American citizen, if you are joining ISIS and fighting with them, you are no longer a american, you just shown that in fact, you don't like your country and that you don't deserve to have the right to simply come here, because if you are with them, you are obviously not planning on help us. Now let's say the government thinks some person is a terrorist, in this case, it should go to a judge and obtain a warrant as required by the fourth amendment.

Our country today, borrows one million dollars a minute, our companies are leaving, is harder to open a business each time the taxes get higher and each day people fell less safe. Our country really needs change, and during my time in Senate I defended many solutions to these problems, but after begging my presidential campaign I saw many things, new things, I meet with many voters and I saw what they wanted, and one thing I felt, is that we need to bring back their liberty and freedom, I might be the only one in the stage to defend some thing here or something there, but I hope I'm not the only one in this stage that is willing to pick up the torch of freedom and liberty and fight for the American values.

Rubio:

Well, let me first describe Iran because they're not just a normal nation state. And we have no quarrel with the Iranian people. But the Iranian leader, their supreme leader is a radical Shia cleric who has an apocalyptic vision of the future and even shouted “ Death to America ”.

He views himself not simply as the leader of Iran, but as the leader of all all Shia Muslims on the planet. And they have a desire not simply to conquer the Middle East and to become the dominant power in that region, but ultimately to be able to hold America hostage.

That is why they are, right now, developping long- range missiles capable of reaching the United States, and that is why they're going to use those $100 billion to expand their conventional capabilities and to one day buy or build a nuclear weapon. And this money will also be used by Iran to support international terrorism through providing weapons to terrorist groups.

When I'm President of the United States, on my first day in office, we are canceling the deal with Iran, and nations will have to choose between doing business with either Iran or America and I am very confident they're going to choose America before they choose the Iranian economy.

And when we'll repeal the Iran nuclear deal under my leadership, sanctions will make sure that Iran will never have the necessary money to develop nuclear weapons and I seek to reinforce our defense ties with our allies in the Middle East and in the Indian Subcontinent (especially Turkey, Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India) not only to fight terrorism in the Middle East but also to increase pression on Iran to make certain that Tehran will never ever get nuclear weapons. We have to make sure that Iran will use its nuclear energy not for military purposes but for economic purposes. Nuclear energy should be used for Iran's economic growth. The military option should not be taken off the table, but as long as Iran will act the way I just described, there will be no need to intervene militarily against Iran, which will reinforce international security and peace.

2. Senator Rubio, you were part of the Gang of Eight who wrote the 2013 immigration reform bill. How do you feel about this issue, and what would you do about border security?

Well, I believe America is the land of opportunity where everything is posible. Legal immigrants have been waiting in line for 15 years. We are an open nation and diversity is one of our nation's strengths. That is why our nation is called the United States of America.

I want our immigration system to be resolved, but there are still steps to accomplish before getting there due to a decreased national security here and abroad and we saw it through these recent terrorist attacks over the last few months.

We will not tollerate amnesty, which requires for immigrants to pay fines, to learn English and get back of line.

The American people have been told for 30 years they're going to enforce the border and nothing ever happened. And, I'm going to tell you exactly how we're going to deal with it when I am President.

Number one, we're going to keep ISIS out of America. If we don't know who you are, or why you're coming, you will not get into the United States.

Number two, we're going to enforce our immigration laws. I am the son and grandson of immigrants. And I know that securing our borders is not anti-immigrant and we will do it.

We'll hire 20,000 new border agents instead of 20,000 new IRS agents. We will finish the 700 miles of fencing and walls our nation needs. We'll have mandatory E-verify, a mandatory entry/exit tracking system and until all of that is in place and all of that is working and we can prove to the people of this country that illegal immigration is under control, nothing else is going to happen.

We are not going to round up and deport 12 million people, but we're not going to hand out citizenship cards, either. There will be a process. We will see what the American people are willing to support. But it will not be unconstitutional executive orders like the ones Barack Obama has forced on us.

We won’t be able to take more refugees. It’s not that we don’t want to, it's that we can't. We could be potentially open to the relocation of some of these individuals at some point in time to the United States. But we will always be concerned that someone with a terrorist background could also sneak in among the refugees.

That's why we have to reinforce our borders in order to make sure that no terrorist crosses our borders. That's why we have to destroy ISIS and make sure that Syria, Iraq and all the Middle East will never become a terrorist heaven.

Thank you. You know, both of my parents were born into poor families on the island of Cuba. They came to America because it was the only place where people like them could have a chance. Here in this country, they never made it big, but the very purpose of their life was to give us the chance to do all the things they never could.

My father was a bartender. And the journey from the back of that bar to this stage tonight, to me, that is the essence of the American dream. It is what makes our nation different. And I'm running for president because I want that to still be possible for the people trying to do that now. I run for president because I believe that we can't just save the American dream; we can expand it to reach more people and change more lives than ever before. And that's why I'm asking for your vote. So we can make America greater than it has ever been. And make of this century a new American century.

Thank you.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 08:37:07 PM »

Moran:

As I said on Fox News several days ago, I am opposed to the deal. I would not sign this bill as president. We can definitely get a better deal than the one negotiated.

2. Senator Moran, earlier this year you voted against a Senate amendment claiming that human activity leads to climate change. Can you further explain your position on the issue?

That amendment was worded that human activity "significantly contributes" to climate change, a position I disagree with. Sure there may be some contribution from humans but not most of it.

In these past two hours of debate, five people have died from drugs, $100 million has been added to our debt, 200 babies have been killed from abortion and 2 veterans have committed suicide. This is something we not only can change, but must. Not the Democrats or the Republicans, but the American people. I thank God that I live here in this country where we truly have something special about our people and that is something we must embrace and never throw away.

INSTANT REACTION: POST DEBATE

VOTERS REACTION: MARCO RUBIO WINS DEBATE

Marco Rubio: 35%
Rand Paul: 25%
Stephen Pearcy: 19%
Jerry Moran: 11%
Unsure: 10%

Baier: We're now here with reaction with our panel. Beginning first with legendary columnist Charles Krauthammer.

Krauthammer: I thought Senator Rubio was the strongest of the candidates. Rand Paul made some good points, but it was Rubio who was presidential and solid in his reasoning. Another person who I don't think is getting enough attention is Jerry Moran. He's running as a social conservative, but he's principled and make his case without being offensive

Baier: Karl, your thoughts?

Rove: I agree with Charles. Rubio dominated the debate, but I wouldn't count out Rand Paul who has a strong connection with the GOP base. Rubio certainly is emerging as the establishment favorite and I could see this emerging as a race between the two.

Headlines:
NYT: Republicans Spar in First Debate

WSJ: Rubio, Paul Emerge as Favorites in GOP Debate

USA TODAY: Republicans Rumble in Ohio

Gallup Polling:
Marco Rubio: 32%
Rand Paul: 24%
Jerry Moran: 14%
Stephen Pearcy: 10%
Other/Undecided: 20%

New Endorsements:

Rubio: John Kasich, Mike Huckabee, Brian Sandoval, Tom Cotton & Americans for Tax Reform

Paul: Thomas Massie, Dana Rohrabacher & Clint Eastwood
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »

Turn 6
Democratic Update:

In the race to succeed Barack Obama, the Democratic candidates crisscrossing the country visiting the important primary and caucus states of New Hampshire and Iowa, doing their utmost to earn support. Vice President Joe Biden, remains the Democratic favorite, but faces increasingly stiff competition from Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders.

Nationally Joe Biden still leads, but his polling is soft in the early primary states, especially in Iowa and New Hampshire where both Sanders and Warren are polling strong.

Both Warren and Sanders are vying to be the liberal alternative to the Vice President. Both have scored some major endorsements.

Sanders receives the backing of Washington Governor Jay Inslee. A major boost for the Vermont as he has struggled to maintain credibility. Inslee, who is one of the most progressive governors in the country is planning to stump for Sanders in Iowa.

Sanders also received the backing of Former Senator Russ , due to beliefs on climate change, healthcare and campaign  finance. Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich, the most liberal member of the Clinton administration and supportive of Sanders' economic agenda, calling "the only candidate of change!"

Lastly, the National Nurses United is backing Sanders, due to his support of single-payer healthcare

Vice President Biden's Recent Endorsers Include:

Sen Sherrod Brown of OH: "During my time in the Senate, I've seen how Biden has been a workhorse for the issues that really matter to the common man. If he keeps this up as President, then he'll be a great one."

Fmr. Sen. Sam Nunn of GA: "I know quite a lot about foreign policy, and I want a strong commander in chief. Thus, I can tell that when it comes to foreign policy, Biden is the strongest candidate no questions asked. He's been involved with it for 40+ years!"

Fmr. NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg: "I always said that productivity beat ideology. It's clear in this race that the VP is the most results-oriented candidate out there. Because of that, he'd serve as the best President for all Americans."

Labor activist Dolores Huerta: "Never have I seen a candidate more kind to, and understanding of immigrants and laborers and their struggles. I endorse Joe Biden knowing he will protect immigrant and protect unions!"

Not to be outdone, Elizabeth Warren unveiled a new roaster of supporters:
Senators: Barbara Boxer, Debbie Stabenow, Jim McGovern, Amy Klobuchar,
Congressmen: Stephen Lynch and John Lewis.
Governor: Deval Patrick.

Congressman John Lewis called Elizabeth Warren, 'a progressive with backbone and the fight to go all the way'. Lewis, also called Warren the most progressive minded Democrat since Lyndon Johnson.

Gallup Poll: Democratic Primary
Joe Biden: 35%
Elizabeth Warren: 24%
Bernie Sanders: 19%
Undecided: 22%

Iowa Caucus Poll:
Joe Biden: 29%
Elizabeth Warren: 26%
Bernie Sanders: 23%

New Hampshire Primary Poll:
Elizabeth Warren: 32%
Bernie Sanders: 32%
Joe Biden: 24%

Nevada Caucus Poll:
Elizabeth Warren: 33%
Bernie Sanders: 20%

South Carolina Primary Poll:
Joe Biden: 33%
Elizabeth Warren: 24%
Bernie Sanders: 16%

Texas Primary Poll:
Joe Biden: 39%
Elizabeth Warren: 27%
Bernie Sanders: 19%

Minnesota Caucus Poll:
Bernie Sanders; 29%

Head-to-Head Polling; Gallup

Biden:
Joe Biden: 43%
Marco Rubio: 46%

Joe Biden: 46%
Rand Paul: 40%

Joe Biden: 53%
Stephen Pearcy: 33%

Joe Biden: 50%
Jerry Moran: 38%

Warren:
Marco Rubio: 46%
Elizabeth Warren: 40%

Rand Paul: 45%
Elizabeth Warren: 41%

Elizabeth Warren: 45%
Stephen Pearcy: 34%

Elizabeth Warren: 44%
Jerry Moran: 34%

Sanders:

Marco Rubio: 44%
Bernie Sanders: 35%

Rand Paul: 45%
Bernie Sanders; 38%

Bernie Sanders: 42%
Stephen Pearcy: 34%

Bernie Sanders: 39%
Jerry Moran: 35%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 06:22:36 PM »

Republican Primary: Polling in IA, NH, SC, NV, FL, TX, MN

Iowa:
Rubio: 34%
Paul: 26%
Moran: 22%
Pearcy: 11%

New Hampshire:
Paul: 33%
Rubio: 27%
Pearcy: 18%
Moran: 8%

South Carolina:
Rubio: 38%
Paul: 21%
Moran: 15%
Pearcy: 8%

Nevada:
Rubio: 39%
Paul: 28%
Pearcy: 10%
Moran: 4%

Florida:
Rubio: 59%
Paul: 14%
Moran: 3%
Pearcy: 2%

Texas:
Rubio: 36%
Paul: 25%
Moran: 19%
Pearcy: 7%

Minnesota:
Rubio: 40%
Paul: 28%
Pearcy: 8%
Moran: 4%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 06:24:35 PM »

Excuse me. How is this that Warren's schedule for this round goes to August 31 instead of August 16?

I was under the impression we were doing all of August this turn... I'll fix it.
Yes, that was the original plan, but I'll gladly go one more round in August and then move ahead to the start of Dec?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 07:40:54 AM »

I'm going to need a 24 hour extension. Uni work is piling up.

not a problem
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 06:12:28 PM »

I guess the next round starts tonight.

Correct!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 06:13:09 PM »

This round will run through end of August and then we'll move ahead to early Dec.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 07:46:29 PM »

This round will run through end of August and then we'll move ahead to early Dec.

Does my last Percy turn work?

Yes!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 08:34:36 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2017, 07:44:03 AM by NHI »

Next Round: August 17-31st

Republicans Primary

The Republican Primary saw some movement this week: Marco Rubio, continues to lead as the front runner, netting some major endorsements including, Mitt Romney, Ted Cruz and Kelly Ayotte, but other candidates Jerry Moran and Steve Percy, showed they are looking to be more than asterisks in the 2016 race.

First, Moran began blitzing the airwaves with a message brandishing his conservative credentials and aimed at voters in the early primary states, especially in Iowa, where Moran has seen an uptick in support. For Moran a win in Iowa is essential to the viability of his presidential hopes, and his conservative message seems to have the most resonance in the first Caucus state.

Moran received a major boost by finishing third in the Iowa Straw Poll, conducted during the Iowa State Fair. While not as publicized as the former GOP Straw Poll - Moran's showing, ahead of Rand Paul gives him some new talking points and signs that his campaign is gaining ground.

Next, Steve Percy received the endorsement of Donald Trump. Trump, who called the long-shot candidate 'who will make America great again'. Pundits and experts still give Percy little chance at winning the Republican nomination, but the outsider is determined to make a splash and outlast all his opponents. Percy did make a splash, like Moran in the Iowa Straw Poll. He finished a surprising second, behind Marco Rubio.

Last, Senator Rand Paul, who is seen by many as the "Anti-Rubio" candidate, with many predicting the race will ultimately narrow down to those two. However, for Paul, despite his second place showing in national polls has failed to find his footing thus far. Paul's campaign continues to make the rounds, crisscrossing the country, but so far his strongest bench of support is found in New Hampshire. A new WMUR poll finds him ahead with 38%.

New Endorsements:

Jerry Moran:
All 4 Kansas House members. Kevin Yoder, Lynn Jenkins, Ron Estes, Tim Huelskamp.

Reps: Paul Ryan, Ben Carson, Kevin McCarthy, Gov. Sam Brownback, Gov. Greg Abbott, John Former Gov. Engler.

American Farm Bureau Federation

Marco Rubio:
Mitt Romney, former Massachusetts Governor and 2012 Republican presidential nominee, should endorse Marco Rubio due to his economic credibility as a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and as a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, which gives him the best experience to create jobs.

Tommy Franks, retired general, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared support to a stronger American leadership on the international stage.

Rick Scott, Governor of Florida, endorses Marco Rubio because they are both from Florida and due to shared views on economic, social and foreign policy issues.

Steve King, Iowa Congressman, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic, social and foreign policy issues.

Ted Cruz, Texas Senator and former 2016 presidential candidate, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic and social issues and also due to their shared opposition to abortion at every circumstance.

Tommy Franks, retired general, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared support to a stronger American leadership on the international stage.

Kelly Ayotte, New Hampshire Senator, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on free trade and foreign policy issues and their shared intentions to keep guns away from terrorists and from suspected terrorists.

Joe Heck, Nevada Congressman and Senatorial candidate,endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic and foreign policy issues and also because Heck is ready to reverse Harry Reid's record of ineffectiveness as Senate leader and to pass Marco Rubio's laws if the Florida Senator becomes President.

Steve Percy:
Donald Trump, Alex Jones,Thomas Sowell and 50 Cent

Rand Paul
Former Director David Stockman of the Office of Management and Budget - David Stockman is described by many as a Libertarian, he already said good things about Rand Paul and agreed with him in foreign policy.

Former Representative and Libertarian Party Nominee, Bob Barr from Georgia - Bob Barr is a libertarian with some conservative leanings, he has ideas similar to Rand Paul in areas like the PATRIOT Act.

Iowa Straw Poll: Results
Marco Rubio: 33.44%
Steve Percy: 26.54%
Jerry Moran: 21.99%
Rand Paul: 16.03%
Other: 2.00%

Iowa Caucus Poll: GOP

Rand Paul: 20%
Jerry Moran: 19%
Steve Percy: 13%
Undecided/Other: 16%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: GOP

Rand Paul: 38%
Marco Rubio: 26%
Steve Percy: 13%
Jerry Moran: 10%
Undecided/Other: 13%

South Carolina Primary Poll: GOP

Rand Paul: 19%
Jerry Moran: 16%
Steve Percy: 12%
Undecided/Other: 18%

Other States:

Nevada:
Pearcy: 16%
Moran: 6%

Florida:
Rubio: 60%
Paul: 13%
Moran: 3%
Pearcy: 3%

Texas:
Rubio: 31%
Paul: 22%
Moran: 20%
Pearcy: 14%

Minnesota:
Pearcy: 16%
Moran: 5%

Democratic Primary

Senator Elizabeth Warren and Vice President Joe Biden remain the favorites for the Democratic nomination, as both racked unveiled big name endorsements as the month of August draws to a close.

Sen Sherrod Brown of OH: "During my time in the Senate, I've seen how Biden has been a workhorse for the issues that really matter to the common man. If he keeps this up as President, then he'll be a great one."

Fmr. Sen. Sam Nunn of GA: "I know quite a lot about foreign policy, and I want a strong commander in chief. Thus, I can tell that when it comes to foreign policy, Biden is the strongest candidate no questions asked. He's been involved with it for 40+ years!"

Fmr. NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg: "I always said that productivity beat ideology. It's clear in this race that the VP is the most results-oriented candidate out there. Because of that, he'd serve as the best President for all Americans."

Labor activist Dolores Huerta: "Never have I seen a candidate more kind to, and understanding of immigrants and laborers and their struggles. I endorse Joe Biden knowing he will protect immigrant and protect unions!"

However, Warren too unveiled some big name endorsements: Gwen Graham, Kathleen Sebelius, Janet Napolitano, Gavin Newsom, Harry Reid, Joseph Kennedy III, and Caroline Kennedy.

Yet, as the two favorites compete for votes, Senator Bernie Sanders is proving all the star-power and infrastructure does not always translate into vote. The Vermont Senator has received some endorsements including Former Justice John Paul Stevens and Governor of California Jerry Brown. Even the band Green Day threw their support behind the self-described Democratic- socialist.

However the biggest boost for Sanders came when he won the Iowa Straw Poll by a huge margin, defying expectations. The straw poll did not receive much focus in the state this year, but Sanders' unexpected blowout win is sure to send shockwaves through the Democratic primary.

While Biden and Warren trade punches on Democratic policies, Bernie Sanders seems to be the one shaping the conversation. A political independent, Sanders has no ties to the Democratic Party, but his presence and ideas are driving the debate and forcing the Democrats to have a real discussion on their policies and party future. A long shot for the nomination, Sanders is seen by many to having the biggest impact on the race.

Iowa Straw Poll: Results
Bernie Sanders: 44.00%
Elizabeth Warren: 27.55%
Joe Biden: 27.34%
Other: 1.11%

Iowa Caucus Poll: DEM
Joe Biden: 30%
Elizabeth Warren: 28%
Bernie Sanders: 24%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: DEM

Elizabeth Warren: 33%

South Carolina Primary Poll: DEM

Joe Biden: 34%
Elizabeth Warren: 25%
Bernie Sanders: 18%

Other States:
Nevada:
Warren: 33%
Biden: 26%
Sanders: 23%

Florida:
Biden: 32%
Warren: 28%
Sanders: 20%

Texas:
Biden: 37%
Warren: 27%
Sanders: 20%

Minnesota:
Warren: 29%
Sanders: 28%
Biden: 21%

This Round will last until Friday at 10:00 PM EST
Any polling requests let me know!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 09:37:30 PM »

What are the Breaking News around the world?

US & Cuba Reestablish Diplomatic Relations

54 Years of hostilities end as Obama Administration calls for "new era to begin"

Turkey begins Airstrikes after Suruc Attacks

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 07:45:40 AM »

Hey NHI, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I sent you updated endorsements for this round.

I just double checked, the one I received was on May 21st.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 07:36:23 AM »

RUBIO CLEAR FAVORITE IN GOP  VA POLL!

Marco Rubio: 43%
Rand Paul: 18%
Steve Percy: 8%
Undecided: 21%

NATIONALLY: BIDEN STILL LEADS IN DEMOCRATIC RACE
Bernie Sanders: 21%
Undecided: 17%

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 10:59:24 AM »

I'm going to need an extension. !2 hours this time. I'm trying to cope with my uncle's death, so understandably, this game has been fairly low on my list of priorities.

All my condolences.

Of course, no worries. Family always comes first.
My condolences.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 08:17:09 AM »

If all are in agreement, then will end this round at 10 am EST?
The next round will have the campaign jump ahead to early Dec.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 09:38:55 AM »

Agree, if only because it's almost 10AM...

Also, is there any way the turns could be one week long again? Coming up with things to do for two weeks is really tiring...

If it's about the time you have in two days to make a two-week-long schedule, I think you could just ask for a 24 hour extension for the turn.
Agree, if only because it's almost 10AM...

Also, is there any way the turns could be one week long again? Coming up with things to do for two weeks is really tiring...

If it's about the time you have in two days to make a two-week-long schedule, I think you could just ask for a 24 hour extension for the turn.

True, but that doesn't completely solve the problem. In any event since we would now be in December, and the Iowa Caucus is in February, I think one week for a two day turn is justified.

Ok. That's fair.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 09:32:58 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2017, 10:40:28 AM by NHI »

Do we start the next turn tonight?

TURN 8: 2016 Presidential Election
Republicans:
Senators Rand Paul and Marco Rubio are starting to go after each, specifically in the area of foreign policy. The debate between the two Senators strikes at the heart of the party's internal battles over the GOP foreign policy of the 21st century. Paul, a critic of the neo-conservative/interventionist wing, and Marco Rubio a proponent of such policy.

Even Stephen Percy has jumped in on the action, lobbying attacks against Rubio and his policy positions. The GOP activist has seen a boost in both New Hampshire and Iowa. The Florida Senator has done his best to stand up to the scrutiny, but the back and forth with Paul has weakened him in Iowa, at a time when he hopes to be building onto his support.

In New Hampshire, Paul has jumped to a commanding lead, while Percy has seen his numbers rise. Also, on the rise in Iowa is Jerry Moran, who finished a strong second in the Iowa Straw Poll; giving his campaign hope for a good showing in the first caucus state contest. He did receive the backing of the Des Moines Register -- the state's major newspaper, however it is undecided if it will have much effect on the race.

As the establishment favorite, Rubio will have a large donor and endorsement list to call on, but the attacks from Paul and Percy show his path to the nomination will not be an easy one. He did however receive a major backing from Former South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint, who praised Rubio for his stances on foreign policy, and called him a "strong leader for the times".

Endorsements:
Rand Paul:
Former Representative from Michigan Kerry Bentivolio - Bentivolio describes himself as a conservative who has libertarian leanings, he supports a non interventionist foreign policy, is pro life and has many free trade ideas, all this lines pretty well to Rand Paul's policies.

Former Florida Representative Connie Mack IV - Exactly the same reasoning from Kerry.

Marco Rubio:
Bob Dole, former Kansas Senator, former Senate Majority Leader and 1996 Republican presidential nominee, endorses Marco Rubio because he worked for his 1996 presidential campaign in the Dade County in Florida, due to shared views on economic, social and foreign policy issues and also because of Rubio's intention to grow the Republican Party.

Jim DeMint, President of Heritage Foundation and former South Carolina Senator, endorses Marco Rubio due to their shared hard-core conservative faith and philosophy, to their shared support to free market and to a stronger foreign policy.

Mick Mulvaney, South Carolina Congressman, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic and social issues.e

Tom Rooney, Florida Congressman, should endorse Marco Rubio because they are from the same state and also due to shared views on foreign policy.

Rodd Blum, Iowa Congressman, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic, social and support to a constitutional amendment to balance the budget and limit spending.

Harold Hamm, CEO of Continental Resources, endorse Marco Rubio due to shared views on energy and economic issues and to Rubio's determination to get America to energy independence.

Robert J. O'Neill, retired U.S. Navy SEAL,endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on foreign policy. Since O'Neill is the SEAL who killed Osama Bin Laden during the Operation Neptune's Spear in Pakistan in 2011, he is convinced that Senator Rubio has the best plan to defeat radical Islamic terrorism.

John Cornyn, Texas Senator, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on homeland security and energy as well as economic, social and foreign policy issues.

David Young, Iowa Congressman, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on agriculture and shared determination to repeal Obamacare.

The Des Moines Register endorses Marco Rubio due to Rubio's success in Iowa and because this editorial is increasingly becoming conservative since the 2012 election.

Frank Guinta, New Hampshire Congressman and former Mayor of Manchester, endorses Marco Rubio due to shared views on economic issues and national security and their shared intention of abolishing funds for Planned Parenthood in order to restrict abortion.

Ron De Santis, Florida Congressman, endorses Marco Rubio because they are from the same state and also due to shared views on foreign policy issues.

Stephen Percy:
- Alex Jones
- Thomas Sowell
- 50 Cent

Iowa Caucus Poll:
Marco Rubio: 28%
Rand Paul: 21%
Jerry Moran: 20%
Stephen Percy: 17%
Undecided:14%

Rand Paul: 40%
Marco Rubio: 20%
Stephen Percy: 20%
Jerry Moran: 8%
Undecided: 12%

South Carolina Poll:
Marco Rubio: 30%
Rand Paul: 22%
Jerry Moran: 18%
Stephen Percy: 14%
Undecided: 16%

Virginia Primary Poll:
Marco Rubio: 34%
Stephen Percy: 15%
Other: 15%

Democrats:
Senator Bernie Sanders is proving a force to be reckoned with in the Democratic Primary. He received a major endorsement: AFL-CIO: The organization said in part, "Sanders has fought for the working class his entire life. Whether it's raising the minimum wage, fighting corrupt trade deals, or standing up to the big owners, Bernie has been on the front lines, standing guard for the middle and working classes"

Another endorsement for Sanders is: Americans for Democratic Action: "America has been at its strongest when progressives like Roosevelt and Johnson have been at the helm. Today, America has the chance to elect a progressive in Bernie Sanders, that is why we support him."

The Vermont Senator has seen a major boost in donation and support, and for the first time has taken a lead in a poll! Now all three contenders lead in the first three contests: Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

For the other self-described progressive in the race Elizabeth Warren received the backings of: Tammy Duckworth, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kathleen Rice, Xavier Becerra and Nancy Pelosi. In hopes to solidify her stance as the progressive darling, her campaign is hoping some big name backers from the party's establishment will present her as a strong alternative to Joe Biden and more electable than Sanders.

Joe Biden, continues to lead nationally and is viewed as the safe, electable choice, but the Vice President will need to fire up progressive eager to correct some off the wrongs/or shortcomings of the Obama Years. In head to head match ups, Biden is still the favorite. He bests all Republicans between 45% and 48% of the vote. His closest race is with Marco Rubio, but he still defeats him: 47% to 43%.

Iowa Caucus Poll: First Time Sanders Leads
Bernie Sanders: 28%
Joe Biden: 25%
Undecided: 22%

Elizabeth Warren: 31%
Bernie Sanders: 29%
Undecided: 16%

South Carolina Primary Poll:
Bernie Sanders: 22%
Undecided: 18%

Virginia Primary Poll:
Joe Biden: 32%
Elizabeth Warren: 29%
Undecided: 18%

ROUND 8: Will run from Nov. 30-Dec.8.
This round will last until Monday at 11:00 PM EST
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 08:23:00 AM »

NEWS UPDATES:

September:

-  Breaking news from: Automaker Volkswagen: Company is alleged to have been involved in worldwide rigging of diesel emissions tests.

-  President Obama welcomes Pope Francis to the White House; they both agree Climate Change and Immigration reform are a global priority!

- President Obama holds first bilateral meeting with President Raul Castro of Cuba. Calls this a "first step towards progress".

October:

- President Obama orders an airstrike on a Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) hospital in Afghanistan accidentally kills an estimated 20 people.

- President Obama signs an Executive Order tightening oil production in the US.

November:

- President Obama announces Rejection of the Keystone Pipeline.

- November 13 – Paris attacked by Multiple terrorist attacks.

- President Obama participates in the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris. Says the Science is settled.

- President Obama gives a major speech on terrorism, and stresses to the US and the global community, "the threat will not only be contained, but defeated."

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 08:42:53 AM »

National Polling: Democratic Primary

Biden Holds his Narrowest Lead Yet; Sanders & Warren Fight For Second
Elizabeth Warren: 28%
Bernie Sanders: 27%
Undecided: 15%

National Polling: Republican Primary

Rubio Leads; Paul and Percy Rising

Marco Rubio: 29%
Rand Paul: 23%
Stephen Percy: 19%
Jerry Moran: 16%
Undecided: 13%

Other Primary Polls:

Nevada:
Bernie Sanders: 27%

Rand Paul: 26%
Stephen Percy: 18%

Texas:
Joe Biden: 33%

Jerry Moran: 15%

Alabama:
Joe Biden: 40%
Elizabeth Warren: 22%
Bernie Sanders: 13%

Marco Rubio: 30%
Rand Paul: 18%
Jerry Moran: 17%
Stephen Percy: 13%

Arkansas:

Jerry Moran: 17%
Rand Paul: 17%

Colorado:
Bernie Sanders: 28%
Joe Biden: 22%

Georgia:
Joe Biden: 41%
Elizabeth Warren: 18%
Bernie Sanders: 14%

Rand Paul: 22%
Jerry Moran: 15%

Massachusetts:
Elizabeth Warren: 68%
Bernie Sanders: 15%
Joe Biden: 10%

Marco Rubio: 28%
Stephen Percy: 21%
Jerry Moran: 12%

Minnesota:
Joe Biden: 22%

Stephen Percy: 19%

Oklahoma:
Elizabeth Warren: 38%
Bernie Sanders: 26%
Joe Biden: 20%

Jerry Moran: 27%
Marco Rubio: 25%
Rand Paul: 17%

Tennessee:
Elizabeth Warren: 23%

Rand Paul: 29%
Jerry Moran: 12%

Texas:
Joe Biden: 31%
Bernie Sanders: 25%

Marco Rubio: 26%
Stephen Percy: 20%
Jerry Moran: 20%

Vermont:
Bernie Sanders: 79%
Elizabeth Warren: 10%
Joe Biden: 7%

Rand Paul: 34%
Stephen Percy: 25%
Marco Rubio: 20%
Jerry Moran: 7%

Virginia:
Joe Biden: 32%

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 08:44:24 AM »

And if the turns are one week long, I guess that the next Republican presidential primary debate is set in the next turn on December 15 2015? Is that right?

Yes, correct.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies