GOP will fund Planned Parenthood in budget deal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:55:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GOP will fund Planned Parenthood in budget deal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP will fund Planned Parenthood in budget deal  (Read 3238 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 01, 2017, 01:39:32 AM »

I realize that as somebody who's strongly left-wing on almost everything except abortion I'm not the right person to be pointing this out, but does it occur to anybody else as cause for concern that a private organization, any one private organization, is as much of a political shibboleth/sacred cow as Planned Parenthood is? Even accepting that they play as irreplaceable a role in American health care as they represent themselves as playing, surely it doesn't say anything good about our society that that's the case.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 10:56:53 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2017, 02:25:18 PM by modern maverick »

I realize that as somebody who's strongly left-wing on almost everything except abortion I'm not the right person to be pointing this out, but does it occur to anybody else as cause for concern that a private organization, any one private organization, is as much of a political shibboleth/sacred cow as Planned Parenthood is? Even accepting that they play as irreplaceable a role in American health care as they represent themselves as playing, surely it doesn't say anything good about our society that that's the case.

It's a depraved political ploy perpetrated by Republicans in order to rile up their pro-life base.

That wasn't what I was asking. My point was that a gynecological provider being too big to fail doesn't strike me as any more desirable than a bank being too big to fail. (Of course, the problem here is mostly if not entirely due to right-wing health care policy.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies