Is self-interest on taxes moral? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:56:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is self-interest on taxes moral? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is self-interest on taxes moral?  (Read 3463 times)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« on: May 13, 2017, 09:35:37 AM »

Oh and it can be more complicated. What if you feel government does a poor job and would rather use your tax money to directly help others? I do not see how anyone coulf say that is immoral.

Because the right to decide how the common good is best served belongs to all the people, and letting the rich usurp this right and make these decisions themselves would be an affront to democratic principles.

But that is not the question. It is whether it is immoral to desire lower taxation so that you can use said money for causes you believe in. On the flip side is it moral to desire more taxes on someone when that increased taxation may just go to pay for more military spending when they would have otherwise used it to fund an oephanage? I am not arguing against taxation. I am just saying it is not necessarily immoral to seek lower taxation since there could be many reasons why one does.

Yes it is, because it is saying that only you have the ability to determine what is a just cause or not - and in doing so, you are prioritising your own ego as the justification for decision making
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies