MI Governor 2018
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:47:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI Governor 2018
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Poll
Question: MI Governor 2018
Gretchen Whitmer

other Democrat

a Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 181

Author Topic: MI Governor 2018  (Read 19247 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2018, 02:21:43 AM »

Whitmer is finally on TV, thanks to a $1.8 million ad buy from Build A Better Michigan PAC. The primary is August 7.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2018, 06:28:23 AM »

Whitmer is finally on TV, thanks to a $1.8 million ad buy from Build A Better Michigan PAC. The primary is August 7.
Good. Whitmer needs to win the primary, because she's the only candidate who can defeat Schuette in November. Thanedar will give Schuette the governor's mansion for free.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2018, 12:51:21 PM »

I'm optimistic that once Whitmer has some ads rolling she'll overtake Thanedar in the polling. I should hope so, Thanedar is absolutely awful. Who the hell makes up that guy's base of support?
UncleSam

« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2018, 12:58:32 PM »

I'm optimistic that once Whitmer has some ads rolling she'll overtake Thanedar in the polling. I should hope so, Thanedar is absolutely awful. Who the hell makes up that guy's base of support?
A friend of a friend back home works on his campaign actually. He’s every bit as much of an oddball as you’d expect - a dopey pothead musician who has never held down a real job and will not stop talking about Bernie Sanders. So ya, that’s basically what I associate Shri with lol
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2018, 02:23:11 PM »

Hippies and freaks trying to "stick it" to the establishment. The same people who supported Kucinich in Ohio.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2018, 05:16:31 PM »

Progressives/left leanings who don’t know anything about him. He’s spent upwards of $7 million and he only has a 3 point lead with 35% undecided. Despite pretty much every Our Revolution member lining up behind El-Sayed early, he’s down to about 7% in the polls.

Here’s Whitmer’s ad: https://youtube.com/watch?v=9kicNDIgqvg
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2018, 05:20:49 PM »

Progressives/left leanings who don’t know anything about him. He’s spent upwards of $7 million and he only has a 3 point lead with 35% undecided. Despite pretty much every Our Revolution member lining up behind El-Sayed early, he’s down to about 7% in the polls.

I really do like Whitmer, she'd make a great Governor... especially compared to Schuette or especially Thanedar. Although I must say her accent is aggressively Midwestern to say the least. Hopefully, she regains some momentum in the primary and if she wins the primary she's definitely the favorite against Schuette.
kyc0705

« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2018, 09:40:03 PM »

I can't believe the demonym for someone from Michigan is "Michigander." Has HillGoose ever visited there?
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2018, 09:48:45 PM »

Whitimer rolled out a pretty left-wing economic platform recently:

- $15-an-hour minimum wage
- Repealing Right-to-Work
- Free community college

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20180529/news/661976/whitmer-economic-plan-15-an-hour-minimum-wage-repealing-right-to-work

I hope she wins.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2018, 10:17:15 PM »

Whitimer rolled out a pretty left-wing economic platform recently:

- $15-an-hour minimum wage
- Repealing Right-to-Work
- Free community college

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20180529/news/661976/whitmer-economic-plan-15-an-hour-minimum-wage-repealing-right-to-work

I hope she wins.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2018, 10:49:58 PM »

I can't believe the demonym for someone from Michigan is "Michigander." Has HillGoose ever visited there?

The vast majority of us prefer Michigander over Michiganian. It just sounds right.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2018, 11:17:10 PM »

The vast majority of us prefer Michigander over Michiganian. It just sounds right.

I wish more states were like Indiana and just gave their people a cool demonym like 'Hoosiers'.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2018, 11:19:23 PM »

I wish more states were like Indiana and just gave their people a cool demonym like 'Hoosiers'.

I mean, Connecticut has Nutmeggers. Hard to beat that.
Kodak
United States

« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2018, 11:24:17 PM »

The Massachusetts government uses 'Bay Stater' as their official demonym, and Hawaii uses 'Islander'.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2018, 04:29:31 AM »

Shri Thanedar win
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2018, 06:31:10 AM »

N O.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2018, 07:22:52 PM »

I really do like Whitmer, she'd make a great Governor... especially compared to Schuette or especially Thanedar. Although I must say her accent is aggressively Midwestern to say the least. Hopefully, she regains some momentum in the primary and if she wins the primary she's definitely the favorite against Schuette.

I personally find Midwestern accents charming. It could make her come across as more folksy and down-to-earth, which a Democrat needs to be nowadays. That's how I think of it at least.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2018, 04:39:59 PM »

Full Democratic debate from 6/20 hosted by WOOD-TV 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsaklDcWO9I
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2018, 06:10:25 PM »

One of the funniest stories of the governor's race so far is Bill Cobbs. He's a former Xerox executive who happens to be the most arrogant, egotistical, and delusional politician I've ever seen (other than the orange Twitler that is).

Cobbs was among the first to file for governor, but having no political experience and no millions to carpetbomb the airwaves with, he never got higher than 3% in the polls. But if you dared mention the P-word, he flew into a Facebook rage. In fact, he never did any campaigning that didn't involve posting on Facebook.

In the end, he couldn't even get 15,000 petition signatures to make the primary ballot, and so he is now running as a write-in candidate. He's raised $26 on ActBlue and was not invited to any of the debates or candidate roundtables. Yet he's still convinced that he's going to shock the world on August 7 and win the Democratic nomination for governor via write-in. In fact, he's so egotistical that he posts pictures like this on Facebook, pretending to be Jesus:

MycroftCZ

« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2018, 06:28:17 PM »

Thanedar would be a TERRIBLE candidate in the general... Whitmer and Gwen Graham in Florida are a lot alike... Both establishment women with the right experience who could both easily win in November, losing their primary's because the other guy has a lot of money.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2018, 06:30:15 PM »

Thanedar would be a TERRIBLE candidate in the general... Whitmer and Gwen Graham in Florida are a lot alike... Both establishment women with the right experience who could both easily win in November, losing their primary's because the other guy has a lot of money.

Whitmer is ahead by 21 in the latest primary poll (and first one released in two months), thankfully.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2018, 08:01:50 PM »

Whitmer is ahead by 21 in the latest primary poll (and first one released in two months), thankfully.

Can you post the link please? I haven't seen this poll (and I was just searching for polls on it)
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2018, 12:33:23 AM »

I've been thinking that a lot of parallels exist between Florida and Michigan. Levine and Thanedar are both somewhat kooky candidates that have somewhat odd appeal. Graham and Whitmer are sorta bland white women that would undoubtedly be the best candidate in the GE. Gillum and El-Sayed are the poor, poor progressives who can't get anywhere.

And I think the fact that Levine is doing so much better than Thanedar says a lot about how awful the Florida Dem party is.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »

AOC endorses AES, who also becomes the first gubernatorial candidate on the Justice Semocrats slate:

Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2018, 04:49:10 PM »

Thanedar’s latest ad is one of the worst I’ve ever seen:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IEw1q1Tgy2s
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length