WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:02:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 61
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin  (Read 142053 times)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: August 19, 2018, 02:26:47 PM »

Still Likely D.

Missed opportunity for the GOP. Could have been interesting if Blankenship or Jenkins had won the primary instead of the nightmarish candidacy of Patrick Morrissey.
LMAO
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #876 on: August 19, 2018, 02:42:45 PM »

This and Blankenship's run cancel each other out.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #877 on: August 19, 2018, 02:53:38 PM »

Blankenship can't run because of Sore Loser law. So unless he does a write-in campaign, it's just Swearengin
Rhenna
Gabor
United States

« Reply #878 on: August 19, 2018, 02:56:10 PM »

Bitter. What is the goal of Blankenship and Swearengin? To spoil Morrisey and Manchin respectively? Time to get real.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #879 on: August 19, 2018, 03:17:30 PM »

Blankenship can't run because of Sore Loser law. So unless he does a write-in campaign, it's just Swearengin
Blankenship can run a write-in campaign. He can't run on a party ballot.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #880 on: August 19, 2018, 03:27:06 PM »

I used to semi-respect Swearingin. now she is showing her true colors. Get out of here, Paula
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #881 on: August 19, 2018, 03:34:36 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2018, 03:38:50 PM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

I always hated this freak!
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #882 on: August 19, 2018, 03:37:07 PM »

It's funny that she thinks she'll get more than 0.1% of the vote.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #883 on: August 19, 2018, 03:38:39 PM »

so, where should Heitkamp do a rally for Manchin?
BlueDogs2020
Rookie
United States

« Reply #884 on: August 19, 2018, 03:42:14 PM »

Still just trying to spoil the race for Manchin---- it´s funny how she would prefer Morrisey--- total idiot.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #885 on: August 19, 2018, 03:42:49 PM »

I would rather have Mussolini than this piece of crap.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #886 on: August 19, 2018, 03:43:39 PM »

Go Paula!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #887 on: August 19, 2018, 03:47:09 PM »

I would rather have Mussolini than this piece of crap.

Not sure what's stupider. This take or PJS deciding to run as a write in.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #888 on: August 19, 2018, 03:51:58 PM »

This is how sissy and immature  jd's roll. They don't get their candidate, so now the next best thing is for  Mitch and Morrisey to have it.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #889 on: August 19, 2018, 04:55:51 PM »

This is how sissy and immature  jd's roll. They don't get their candidate, so now the next best thing is for  Mitch and Morrisey to have it.
Its not, considering the only JDs who have won are being challenged by more moderates, but whatever. I mean, when has there ever been a time where a JD spoiled a race and gave it to an R? I can think of teapartiers, but not JDs.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #890 on: August 19, 2018, 05:00:46 PM »

Its not, considering the only JDs who have won are being challenged by more moderates, but whatever. I mean, when has there ever been a time where a JD spoiled a race and gave it to an R? I can think of teapartiers, but not JDs.

Well not yet since jd's are fairly new. But which "moderates" are challenging these jd's who won a nom? Crowley? lol.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #891 on: August 19, 2018, 05:08:01 PM »

I think Swearengin is overestimating her own support. A huge chunk of her primary votes were either from conservatives who have yet to change their party affiliation and got stuck in the closed primary or liberals who are going to vote for Manchin in the general but dislike how moderate he is. The progressives who will take the effort to write in Swearengin's name wont amount to more than half a percent(my educated guess).
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #892 on: August 19, 2018, 05:14:44 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2018, 06:41:51 PM by Zaybay »

This is how sissy and immature  jd's roll. They don't get their candidate, so now the next best thing is for  Mitch and Morrisey to have it.

Well not yet since jd's are fairly new. But which "moderates" are challenging these jd's who won a nom? Crowley? lol.
Brenda Jones, Joseph Lieberman(in 2006 and today,as he is still trying to find someone to go against Cortez, and has actually tried to get Crowley to go serious, though Crowley has been very respectful and has declined), the numerous attempts by the DCCC to get more progressive candidates on the ballot, etc. There have been many, and there have been 0 by the JDs.

Edit: Also should mention the race Elrich is running for MOCO executive, and a moderate D is running, which can possibly throw it to the R candidate.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #893 on: August 19, 2018, 05:18:36 PM »

Brenda Jones, Joseph Lieberman(in 2006 and today,as he is still trying to find someone to go against Cortez, and has actually tried to get Crowley to go serious, though Crowley has been very respectful and has declined), the numerous attempts by the DCCC to get more progressive candidates on the ballot, etc. There have been many, and there have been 0 by the JDs.

Well I guess no jd has spoiled anything yet, but they are trying to in WV. Oh I did not know about those things, I thought Brenda eventually gave up. Now that you say those I'm not on sided, so I comdemn those attempts too and view them as sissy and immature also.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #894 on: August 19, 2018, 05:25:56 PM »

Well I guess no jd has spoiled anything yet, but they are trying to in WV. Oh I did not know about those things, I thought Brenda eventually gave up. Now that you say those I'm not on sided, so I comdemn those attempts too and view them as sissy and immature also.
fair enough. I dont know why Paula is doing this and I will swiftly condemn it. She lost the primary by a large margin, and we cant have such a candidate running. It could be possible, now that I think about it, that she is an R plant, which may be why shes running.

And yeah, I dont know what Brenda's problem is, shes still challenging it, but no new news has occurred yet. Though I must say, Crowley is a huge FF for not jumping in on another ballot, like a certain other D politician from CT.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #895 on: August 19, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »

so, where should Heitkamp do a rally for Manchin?

I think Huntington would make a lot of sense, no? She’s probably a much better fit for that area than the Eastern Panhandle (Morrisey's base).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #896 on: August 19, 2018, 07:24:33 PM »

This makes me upset that we missed out on a Blankenship-Swearengin match-up. West Virginia would lose, but comedy would win.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #897 on: August 19, 2018, 07:28:24 PM »

This makes me upset that we missed out on a Blankenship-Swearengin match-up. West Virginia would lose, but comedy would win.

Spice it up with a Rocky de la Fuente third party run on top of that.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #898 on: August 19, 2018, 08:15:43 PM »

Do you want Senator Patrick Morrisey? Because this is how you get Senator Patrick Morrisey.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #899 on: August 19, 2018, 08:34:42 PM »

Do you want Senator Patrick Morrisey? Because this is how you get Senator Patrick Morrisey.

I wouldnt go that far. Write in campaigns from sore loser candidates rarely if ever get off the ground.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies