BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:01:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 32
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 40812 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: May 10, 2017, 12:23:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #476 on: May 10, 2017, 12:24:40 PM »

When can we expect the announcement as to who trump will nominate?

Most Administrations have a short list for big ticket jobs in case a replacement is needed.  Not long.

This is not "most administrations" though.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #477 on: May 10, 2017, 12:25:37 PM »

The issue is not his termination but rather the timing of it.

Joel Pollack has suggested a very plausible reason for the timing. James Clapper's testimony on Monday that there was no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and that therefore Trump couldn't be reasonably accused of trying to cover up this conspiracy.

Of course it hasn't stopped Dems and their allies in the media unreasonably accusing Trump in their ever more histrionic pushing of this tired conspiracy theory but there's not much that can be done about that.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/09/james-comey-simple-explanation/

I'm not even going to bother reading anything you post if you're going to quote Breitbart.

EnglishPete quoting Breitbart.
LOL.
The fascist Nazi website, for fascist Nazis.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #478 on: May 10, 2017, 12:32:28 PM »

Rand Paul is a no on special prosecutor. Tells CNN: "I think a lot of the uproar is concocted," "still sour grapes over the election"
https://twitter.com/davidjoachim/status/862358806453518339
EnglishPete

« Reply #479 on: May 10, 2017, 12:34:51 PM »

Joel Pollack has suggested a very plausible reason for the timing. James Clapper's testimony on Monday that there was no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and that therefore Trump couldn't be reasonably accused of trying to cover up this conspiracy.

Of course it hasn't stopped Dems and their allies in the media unreasonably accusing Trump in their ever more histrionic pushing of this tired conspiracy theory but there's not much that can be done about that.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/09/james-comey-simple-explanation/

I'm not even going to bother reading anything you post if you're going to quote Breitbart.

LOL.
Oh noes. A far leftist calling right wingers "fascist". I did nat zee that one coming!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #480 on: May 10, 2017, 12:38:26 PM »

LOL.

Oh noes. A far leftist calling right wingers "fascist". I did nat zee that one coming!

LOL.
I'm calling you one.
Don't try and back peddle. You, yourself, admitted to being a fascist.
Oh and by the way ..... Breitbart is trash.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #481 on: May 10, 2017, 12:40:01 PM »

Rand Paul is a no on special prosecutor. Tells CNN: "I think a lot of the uproar is concocted," "still sour grapes over the election"
https://twitter.com/davidjoachim/status/862358806453518339

As I've said before: Never ever count on Republicans to do the right thing. They know they wont pay in 2018 so their going to carry on being reckless

Another possibility is that many of them believe they're not likely to have full control after 2018, so they might as well push through everything they can before then.  If they already think they're likely to lose control, there's not much downside to that strategy.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #482 on: May 10, 2017, 12:43:31 PM »

2018 is unlikely to change a lot re the highest playing league.

House switch would need something like Generic Dem + 10 or more and Senate is out of reality.

Just beginning to lick wounds and heal on local level....and ofc makint governing a little bit harder for Mister Ryan. Less House Republicans = making FC more important.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #483 on: May 10, 2017, 01:10:54 PM »

Just watched Sarah Huckabee Sanders give rambling non-answers to questions of "Ummm, wasnt Trump praising Comey's actions in late October?" The best they've been able to come up with is "Well, he was a candidate then and now he's president." Roll Eyes

Can any Trump drones here do better?
EnglishPete

« Reply #484 on: May 10, 2017, 01:15:32 PM »

Yes I know you're calling me a Fascist. I said I did nat zee that one coming but in fact I did. You're so predicatable
For the record I did not 'admit' to being a fascist. Your opinion on whether you think I'm a fascist or not is of no importance.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #485 on: May 10, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »

WAVE ALERT from Quinnipiac: Trump approval 36/58. Most important: D+16 (!!!) on generic ballot

Other huge Q'pac finding: Trump now BARELY above-water with working-class whites (his base), 47-46. Ditto white men.

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/862368209693007873
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #486 on: May 10, 2017, 01:24:12 PM »

FAKE NEWS, the lamestream media is now making up stuff to bring down our President. LOCK THEM UP!

Lamepublicans trying to deflect hard, not working.

Weren't you a blue avatar most of your Atlasian life?

Yes, would still consider myself a moderate conservative. No longer a Republican. Tea party/alt right/most hard core Republicans are trash, no critical thinking, no compromise, sick of it.

This explains why you dislike trump and the current GOP, but it doesn't explain why you have become more friendly to a democratic party that is itself much more leftwing than when you were still a republican.

Perhaps at the same time the populist GOP has arisen, you are undergoing some personal philosophy changes yourself?

Main part is the Republican party needs a massive purge, and there's only one other party right now that would make that happen. I've always believed in climate change, protecting the environment, funding our schools, regulations now strongly support public transit. It's more the GOP has moved way far to the right, doesn't believe in education, critical thinking, it's using a bunch of uneducated populists in rural areas while destroying their livelihoods and brainwashed them into believing what they believe now will actually help them.

Of course, the Democrats have also moved far to the left on a number of issues, embracing dangerous positions on immigration, education, and the law. "Buddying" up temporarily to force the Republicans to change certainly has an element of rationality to it, but I would caution people against pretending that the Democrats are the good guys here.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #487 on: May 10, 2017, 01:28:04 PM »

There will simply never be anything to cause Trump supporters to stop blindly supporting him.

Trump dissolves congress and installs himself as president for life? They would have a million and one reasons why it was necessary.

He issues an executive order declaring the media as enemies of the state? It's all fake news anyway.

All political rivals are prosecuted? They deserve it, lock em up!

I realize these are extreme examples but we all know these fascists wouldn't even think of opposing Trump if he attempted to do anything remotely dictator-ish.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #488 on: May 10, 2017, 01:28:36 PM »

FAKE NEWS, the lamestream media is now making up stuff to bring down our President. LOCK THEM UP!

Lamepublicans trying to deflect hard, not working.

Weren't you a blue avatar most of your Atlasian life?

Yes, would still consider myself a moderate conservative. No longer a Republican. Tea party/alt right/most hard core Republicans are trash, no critical thinking, no compromise, sick of it.

This explains why you dislike trump and the current GOP, but it doesn't explain why you have become more friendly to a democratic party that is itself much more leftwing than when you were still a republican.

Perhaps at the same time the populist GOP has arisen, you are undergoing some personal philosophy changes yourself?

Main part is the Republican party needs a massive purge, and there's only one other party right now that would make that happen. I've always believed in climate change, protecting the environment, funding our schools, regulations now strongly support public transit. It's more the GOP has moved way far to the right, doesn't believe in education, critical thinking, it's using a bunch of uneducated populists in rural areas while destroying their livelihoods and brainwashed them into believing what they believe now will actually help them.

Of course, the Democrats have also moved far to the left on a number of issues, embracing dangerous positions on immigration, education, and the law. "Buddying" up temporarily to force the Republicans to change certainly has an element of rationality to it, but I would caution people against pretending that the Democrats are the good guys here.

Generally nothing dangerous about immigration or education or the law. Not liking them really doesn't make them "dangerous", there's a difference.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #489 on: May 10, 2017, 01:28:39 PM »

WAVE ALERT from Quinnipiac: Trump approval 36/58. Most important: D+16 (!!!) on generic ballot

Other huge Q'pac finding: Trump now BARELY above-water with working-class whites (his base), 47-46. Ditto white men.

I found this part amusing:

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #490 on: May 10, 2017, 01:28:47 PM »

atm the democrats seem to be the party more connected to the values of liberal democracy, even while the rebuke of the technocratic left last november has blurred the lines a little bit but the republicans are going so far over the cliff since the election, that there isn't much of a choice for moderates in a 2-party-state.

democrats have a built-in advantage with moderates atm as long as the republicans aren't cooling off a little bit again....even while the EC is decreasing the need for adaption, since the majority isn't able to speak as clearly as she could otherwise electorally.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #491 on: May 10, 2017, 01:32:29 PM »

Don't try and back peddle. You, yourself, admitted to being a fascist.

For the record I did not 'admit' to being a fascist. Your opinion on whether you think I'm a fascist or not is of no importance.

You admitted to having fascist tendencies.
I'm not the only one here on Atlas, who has noticed and called-you-out on your poorly disguised fascist and bigoted comments.
Don't try and make it look like it's just one person who holds this opinion of you.
Thus it is "important" that others here on Atlas know the "kind" of individual you really are, if and when they read your posts.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #492 on: May 10, 2017, 01:33:18 PM »

Just watched Sarah Huckabee Sanders give rambling non-answers to questions of "Ummm, wasnt Trump praising Comey's actions in late October?" The best they've been able to come up with is "Well, he was a candidate then and now he's president." Roll Eyes

He is still a candidate, too.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #493 on: May 10, 2017, 01:33:27 PM »

Trump has successfully destroyed the Republican Party. He is a hero.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #494 on: May 10, 2017, 01:38:02 PM »

what the...i don't even....
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #495 on: May 10, 2017, 01:39:56 PM »

Her rambling, droning speaking voice is an atrocity. Seriously, didn't think a step down from Spicer was possible, but here we are
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #496 on: May 10, 2017, 01:42:55 PM »

'Atrocities' that Trump applauded as well.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #497 on: May 10, 2017, 01:46:35 PM »

I found this part amusing:

Yep.
The top three: idiot, incompetent and liar, just about cover it.
I'm glad to see that most people are starting to open their eyes to the truth regarding this clown we elected president.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #498 on: May 10, 2017, 01:56:22 PM »

She's as dumb as her father...on the bright side though, at least she dosent kill dogs like her siblings

OMG.
Not bullsh*ting you ..... your post actually made me cry (with tears) in laughter.
8-)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #499 on: May 10, 2017, 01:58:31 PM »

Consider.

Comey didn't give Trump every single thing Trump wanted, exactly as he wanted it.

Given how he behaves in public, atrocity is probably a fair description of the tantrums Trump throws in private.

So from the POV of Trump's caregivers, Comey is responsible for atrocities.

Or maybe they're just talking about being responsible for having Trump as President. I could see it either way.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies