BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:18:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 40854 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: May 13, 2017, 05:05:37 PM »

President Trump says he never asked Comey to drop the Russia investigation: "In fact, I want the investigation speeded up."
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/862798960804720640

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/863411698836885504

How many times is he going to spin the same story?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #776 on: May 13, 2017, 05:29:20 PM »

This reinforces my belief that one of the main problems in America today is information bubbles. There is no common ground on issues because we cannot even agree what the issue really is. According to Republicans, the controversy over the Comey firing is due solely to Democratic hypocrisy, the "mainstream media" trying their hardest to find any fault with Trump even if they have make it up, and Democrats making this into a partisan issue so they can continue their absurd witch hunt because they lost the election. All their media outlets are saying is essentially that, while avoiding even addressing the concerns others in the media and Democrats have raised.

Of course, Republicans will contend that it's the left that lives in a media bubble being fed left-wing propaganda by partisan media outlets and a desperate Democratic Party. Republicans have essentially abandoned acceptance of objective fact and that it's discoverable by sources such as PolitiFact, hence their disregard for its scoring of Trump as, basically, a habitual liar during the campaign. Whatever the President, GOP, FOX, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Herman Cain, and (for the craziest among them) Alex Jones say is like the word of God.
Umm 39/46 is bad dude

39/46 isn't great, no. But that means 4/10 Americans think this is all perfectly fine. 4/10 Americans approve of and support Trump. 4/10 Americans essentially live within a right-wing media bubble that ensures any undesirable facts, whether it's about Trump or whatever their right-wing cause might be, are distorted, ridiculed, or ignored. A democracy cannot properly function if the gap between sane and insane is only 7%.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #777 on: May 14, 2017, 01:10:58 AM »

Little Marco drops to his knees as expected:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I really don't know which is more despicable - Rubio, or the voters in Florida who elected him.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #778 on: May 14, 2017, 01:13:08 AM »

I really don't know which is more despicable - Rubio, or the voters in Florida who elected him.

Or the Democratic establishment who thought that Patrick Murphy would be a good candidate.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #779 on: May 14, 2017, 01:44:03 AM »

Most of the no opinions from that poll (basically undecided for the most part) are from independents. Once they realize why he fired Comey the disapprove number will climb over 60%.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #780 on: May 14, 2017, 01:50:09 AM »

Donald Trump Indictment: Sealed Indictment Reportedly Issued Against Trump, Will Become Basis For Impeachment

This reeks of BS, but I thought it was worth sharing just in case.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #781 on: May 14, 2017, 02:07:01 AM »

I'd go with the latter--we only have these types of politicians to start with because people are willing to vote for them--the politicians are merely the end result of the people's stupidity.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #782 on: May 14, 2017, 11:31:19 AM »

Treat scoops from Louise Mensch with extreme skepticism
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #783 on: May 14, 2017, 12:29:08 PM »

President Trump says he never asked Comey to drop the Russia investigation: "In fact, I want the investigation speeded up."
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/862798960804720640

LOL @ "speeded up".

He probably wanted it over the next day. ("Produce a final report that clears me tomorrow and then put all your resources into investigating connections between Democratic politicians and Mexican drug cartels.")
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #784 on: May 14, 2017, 12:39:34 PM »

It's not Mensch who gives me hope that this is true, it's Taylor.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #785 on: May 14, 2017, 01:42:01 PM »

It's not Mensch who gives me hope that this is true, it's Taylor.

I'm skeptical of him too - though nowhere near Mensch
EnglishPete

« Reply #786 on: May 14, 2017, 02:43:53 PM »

Most of the no opinions from that poll (basically undecided for the most part) are from independents. Once they realize why he fired Comey the disapprove number will climb over 60%.

People don't care

EnglishPete

« Reply #787 on: May 14, 2017, 02:49:59 PM »

This reinforces my belief that one of the main problems in America today is information bubbles. There is no common ground on issues because we cannot even agree what the issue really is. According to Republicans, the controversy over the Comey firing is due solely to Democratic hypocrisy, the "mainstream media" trying their hardest to find any fault with Trump even if they have make it up, and Democrats making this into a partisan issue so they can continue their absurd witch hunt because they lost the election. All their media outlets are saying is essentially that, while avoiding even addressing the concerns others in the media and Democrats have raised.

Of course, Republicans will contend that it's the left that lives in a media bubble being fed left-wing propaganda by partisan media outlets and a desperate Democratic Party. Republicans have essentially abandoned acceptance of objective fact and that it's discoverable by sources such as PolitiFact, hence their disregard for its scoring of Trump as, basically, a habitual liar during the campaign. Whatever the President, GOP, FOX, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Herman Cain, and (for the craziest among them) Alex Jones say is like the word of God.

There's a difference between having an epistemology that asserts that objective facts are discoverable and believing that partisan hacks are an infallible source of such facts.
EnglishPete

« Reply #788 on: May 14, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »

lol...Republicans have always used the same talking points:

Yup why DJT will leave office in 2019 not 2017. It will take a long time to push him out. Lots of people to convince and rightfully so. Removing a president should not be easy.

The huge difference between now and then is the fragmentation of the media. Back then if anyone wanted to follow the news they were forced to consume it through an oligopoly of three broadcast channels, a small number of major newspapers or their local newspaper. (The same situation existed in the UK with even greater media concentration). In this situation it was possible for a news oligarchy of newspaper and TV bosses to get everyone in the country to accept their propaganda in areas where they were in agreement.

Now there is media fragmentation and the media in the US has been so hysterical in pushing this Russia conspiracy theory that huge numbers of people are doing what the President is reported to be doing and simply switching off liberal media outlets and stopping following what they are saying. People now have plenty of other options if they want to get their news from elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies