BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:47:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 32
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 40788 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2017, 06:31:32 PM »

So.....all the bitching in earlier months that comey needs to be fired is out the window because the guy you hate ended up doing it?

Pure hypocrisy.

So hey, do you believe anything about Trump and Russia? Or are you cool with everything in that department?

I'm guessing you actually don't mind that the investigation might be hurt because you don't want the truth eh?

Despite all the witch hunt hysteria that's been going on for months now over this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory one has been able to produce actual evidence that withstands scrutiny to back up the claims that Trump campaign was linked to Russian hacking of the election or that the Russians even hacked the election in the first place.

Okay got you down for “No Russian allegations are credible,” so moving on.

No allegation is credible unless it is backed up by evidence.

Is it okay for someone to accuse you, TD, of being a child molester with no proof?

Let's go with your example.

Of course not. Of course if multiple people are saying I am a child molester and they don't have connections to each other perhaps we should investigate me. There's no harm in doing so; if I'm innocent, I'll be cleared. If I'm guilty then its worth the investigating, right?

Further if I fired one of the investigators and replaced him you would be understandably upset.
JJC

« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2017, 06:31:38 PM »

Oh God, EP is here. As Todd Akin would say, time to shut this whole thing down.

The point was always to demonstrate that the Right either believes the intelligence community (the deep state) and the concerns of our allies were to be dismissed as merely as part of a vast liberal conspiracy against the President or to acknowledge the firing was under extremely questionable circumstances.

EP and JJC subscribe to the belief that the deep state is against Donald Trump and that there is a vast liberal conspiracy so I'm not engaging them because their answers are clear and there's not much to go on.  Sanchez and Marty haven't answered and they think that there is a conflict of interest.

lol.

You just asked for me to engage you. Now that I have (with very simple 'there's no evidence of these accusation' logic), you're floundering.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2017, 06:33:01 PM »

Oh God, EP is here. As Todd Akin would say, time to shut this whole thing down.

The point was always to demonstrate that the Right either believes the intelligence community (the deep state) and the concerns of our allies were to be dismissed as merely as part of a vast liberal conspiracy against the President or to acknowledge the firing was under extremely questionable circumstances.

EP and JJC subscribe to the belief that the deep state is against Donald Trump and that there is a vast liberal conspiracy so I'm not engaging them because their answers are clear and there's not much to go on.  Sanchez and Marty haven't answered and they think that there is a conflict of interest.

lol.

You just asked for me to engage you. Now that I have (with very simple 'there's no evidence of these accusation' logic), you're floundering.

I just answered you actually. Not floundering at all. I'm happy to debate this. I'll strike your name from that comment.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2017, 06:34:58 PM »

In short, you guys are 'bubble-lized'. You have no understanding of the world outside of the media talking heads. You're brainwashed.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall.....

JJC

« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2017, 06:35:51 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 06:37:42 PM by JJC »

So.....all the bitching in earlier months that comey needs to be fired is out the window because the guy you hate ended up doing it?

Pure hypocrisy.

So hey, do you believe anything about Trump and Russia? Or are you cool with everything in that department?

I'm guessing you actually don't mind that the investigation might be hurt because you don't want the truth eh?

Despite all the witch hunt hysteria that's been going on for months now over this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory one has been able to produce actual evidence that withstands scrutiny to back up the claims that Trump campaign was linked to Russian hacking of the election or that the Russians even hacked the election in the first place.

Is it okay for someone to accuse you, TD, of being a child molester with no proof?

Of course not. Of course if multiple people are saying I am a child molester and they don't have connections to each other perhaps we should investigate me. There's no harm in doing so; if I'm innocent, I'll be cleared. If I'm guilty then its worth the investigating, right?

How long should they keep investigating you for? 6 months? Two years? Four? Eight?

What if after eight years they still haven't found proof that you are a child molester, but hey, we gotta keep investigating!

What if your name was dragged through the mud every single day, with headlines like 'TD under investigation for child molestation charges'.

Every single day.

The feds just haven't found the evidence yet. They just need to keep investigating more!

As I said, this is all political BS and everyone knows it. But because liberals are 'bubble-lized, they think this nonsense actually helps them.

I predict big losses in 2018 for dems.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2017, 06:37:38 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Comey screwed up badly with the Clinton emails, but Trump has zero respect for people.

Honestly, **** him.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2017, 06:40:32 PM »

Pure hypocrisy.

How long should they keep investigating you for? 6 months? Two years? Four? Eight?

What if after eight years they still haven't found proff that you are a child molester, but hey, we gotta keep investigating!

What if your name was dragged through the mud every single day, with headlines like 'TD under investigation for child molestation charges'.

Every single day.

The feds just haven't found the evidence yet. They just need to keep investigating more!

Well let's explore the example more. Let's say the suspicions were that I ran a huge child prostitution ring in fact. Let's say the investigation began about a year ago, less than that, and started because of happenstance and that a serious investigation only started happening a couple of months ago. Let's say that several of my associates have raised questions about me.

Shouldn't a massive investigation require time - including more than just several months? And shouldn't it be fully funded and fully staffed to either  clear my name or prosecute me?
EnglishPete

« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »

There are suggestions that now that Comey has been fired that the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation might be reopened.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2017, 06:42:23 PM »

There are suggestions that now that Comey has been fired that the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation might be reopened.

Jesus ing Christ.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2017, 06:42:57 PM »

You know a story is good when it drags JJC out of whatever pit he was dwelling in.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2017, 06:43:07 PM »

I want preet bharara to be nominated as FBI director
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2017, 06:43:09 PM »

From Rep. Justin Amash:

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/862089192603607041
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2017, 06:44:10 PM »

I want preet bharara to be nominated as FBI director

I'd be in favor of that.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2017, 06:48:12 PM »

Comey screwed up badly with the Clinton emails, but Trump has zero respect for people.

Honestly, **** him.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2017, 06:49:24 PM »

Honestly, **** him.

Doesn't even have the balls to call Comey himself.
EnglishPete

« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:08 PM »

Jeff Zeleny, a Sr. White House Correspondent just told CNN's Erin Burnett that Trump has been contemplating taking this action for at least a week but didn't have a rationale for doing so but told the Atty General and the Deputy Atty General to look for that rationale and just make something up.

CNN, LOL
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:11 PM »

One more thing and I mean this. It would be nice if we stopped looking at this as a partisan football. We should hope Trump is innocent. And let's be honest I hate that man but if he's guilty the republic will take a serious hit. I'd rather he lost in 2020 on the merits not that we had a second impeachment in 50 years. This isn't intended as a bronz post or moderate hero garbage.

Democrats should remember what caused the fall of Rome and other republics. It's the loss of faith in public institutions. And the Trump supporters should honestly welcome a full and independent probe. If Trump's guilty your policy aims are better achieved with Pence (who would win my vote if he's innocent). A Donald Trump dogged by Russian allegations is a Donald Trump who is all that much weaker and can't accomplish all you hope for.
JJC

« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:22 PM »

What if after eight years they still haven't found proff that you are a child molester, but hey, we gotta keep investigating!

Every single day.

As I said, this is all political BS and everyone knows it. But because liberals are 'bubble-lized, they think this nonsense actually helps them.

You guys investigated the Clinton's for 30 years and you still talk about the 'Clinton body count.' 'her emails,' 'Vince Foster'

Just ignore JJC...he's a hack

Who's 'you guys'.

The Feds? I don't think so.

But for fun, imagine if Trump did the things Bill Clinton did while in office.

Do you think the media would treat him the same?😂

Regardless, Comey was an incompetent creature of politics who tried to please everyone instead of just doing his job.

For one, he should have prosecuted Clinton when he publicly stated the she clearly broke a bunch of federal laws (with evidence!). Instead, he let her off the hook claiming there was no intent (like WTF?How do you set up a private server and then delete all of the data one day after it was subpoenaed without intent?). But even if it was true, negligence is no excuse. Aren't we all taught that in civics class? Apparently the Clinton's get a bypass because of her political position. Yay. Then he bungled the Huma investigation (which, again, evidence showed that Huma transmitted classified emails to Wieners phone.) Why isn't Huma being charged? And why am I not surprised?

Comey needed to go. I'm fairly confident that Trump wanted to fire him from week one, yet held back precisely because of the optics of it. And if linton had one, probably would have wished to the same, yet would have held back as well, for precisely the same reason.

But now its been 6 months. There's nothing there to the Russian nonsense as been proven by continual witchhunt and demagoguery. Comey's time has come.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:34 PM »

Quick question for Trump supporters. Do you guys support having a special prosecutor lead the investigation?

I mean if Trump is clean then what does he have to hide?

Yes. Dems can go ahead and keep 'investigating' this politically created accusation til the end of time. I don't care.

I'm not a stupid person. I know BS when I see it. If dems want to waste their time steeped in their own hatred, pushing their concocted hit narrative instead of trying to actually rebuild their broken party, then so be it. You people are willing tools and that's just sad. Your hatred is so great that you are blinded from the simple truth.

And that's that the American people so thoroughly rejected your party ideas (segregation/identity politics) that the dems are now at their lowest elective force in a century. I know it may not seem that way to you, given the kind of media you consume. But it's the truth. The dems are a broken party who are now exclusively driven by the idea that their political opposition is nefarious and evil.

But you just keep searching for the 'evidence' that you haven't found yet. Just know that the people who are pushing this narrative don't love you like you love them. You are just their willing tool.

In short, you guys are 'bubble-lized'. You have no understanding of the world outside of the media talking heads. You're brainwashed.

LOL.
You say that "I'm not a stupid person. I know BS when I see it."
Well tell us how your vast intelligence feels about items such as ....

People who believe that Obama was not born in the USA (Hawaii) ?
People who believe that Obama is Muslim (even though he has been seen going to a Christian church many times) ?
People who believe when an orange-haired clown says that he saw "thousands and thousands of Muslims celebrating when the twin towers fell" ?
People who believe that Obama wire-tapped the phones at trump tower ?
People who believe that it is OK when an orange-haired clown mocks a disabled reporter ?
(I can list many more examples.)

Are these individuals full of "hatred" ? "Blinded by the simple truth" ?
Are these individuals just "the willing tools" of an orange-haired god ?
Maybe they are "brainwashed" to believe in such silly and ridiculous sh*t, coming from Vladimir trump .... the first Russian President of the United States.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2017, 06:52:29 PM »

Every single day.

You guys investigated the Clinton's for 30 years and you still talk about the 'Clinton body count.' 'her emails,' 'Vince Foster'

Just ignore JJC...he's a hack

Who's 'you guys'.

The Feds? I don't think so.

But for fun, imagine if Trump did the things Bill Clinton did while in office.

Do you think the media would treat him the same?😂

Regardless, Comey was an incompetent creature of politics who tried to please everyone instead of just doing his job.

For one, he should have prosecuted Clinton when he publicly stated the she clearly broke a bunch of federal laws (with evidence!). Instead, he let her off the hook claiming there was no intent (like WTF?How do you set up a private server and then delete all of the data one day after it was subpoenaed without intent?). But even if it was true, negligence is no excuse. Aren't we all taught that in civics class? Apparently the Clinton's get a bypass because of her political position. Yay. Then he bungled the Huma investigation (which, again, evidence showed that Huma transmitted classified emails to Wieners phone.) Why isn't Huma being charged? And why am I not surprised?

Comey needed to go. I'm fairly confident that Trump wanted to fire him from week one, yet held back precisely because of the optics of it. And if linton had one, probably would have wished to the same, yet would have held back as well, for precisely the same reason.

But now its been 6 months. There's nothing there to the Russian nonsense as been proven by continual witchhunt and demagoguery. Comey's time has come

Are you answering me or is this the answer? Wasn't sure.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2017, 06:53:30 PM »

It's good to know democrats love James Comey now, pathetic hacks
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2017, 06:53:53 PM »

Pure hypocrisy.

Is it okay, JJC, to be accused of wiretapping your home or office with no proof ?
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2017, 06:54:46 PM »

No Trump supporter can answer the question: how do we have faith in Donald Trump's ability to appoint a FBI director when there are active FBI investigations into Trump's campaign with Russia? How do we have any faith that this wasn't motivated, in part, by the Russian investigation Comey led?

I keep asking that question because I believe that the Trump supporters can't answer it.

By the way I thought Comey did fine and I thought Clinton was pretty unethical so dont throw that bull at me.

There aren't "active FBI investigations" into "Trump's campaign with Russia." Comey himself said time and time again that there was no evidence of collusion with Russia by anyone in the Trump campaign.

I'll give YOU the cookie if you can figure out the basic mistake that you are making with your assertion, just as I promised your fellow forum denizen.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2017, 06:56:49 PM »

Where are you seeing this?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2017, 06:57:16 PM »

Justin Amash is now considering signing on for an independent commission.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies