BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:53:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 40948 times)
EnglishPete

« on: May 09, 2017, 06:19:52 PM »

So.....all the bitching in earlier months that comey needs to be fired is out the window because the guy you hate ended up doing it?

Pure hypocrisy.

So hey, do you believe anything about Trump and Russia? Or are you cool with everything in that department?

I'm guessing you actually don't mind that the investigation might be hurt because you don't want the truth eh?

Despite all the witch hunt hysteria that's been going on for months now over this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory one has been able to produce actual evidence that withstands scrutiny to back up the claims that Trump campaign was linked to Russian hacking of the election or that the Russians even hacked the election in the first place.
EnglishPete

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »

There are suggestions that now that Comey has been fired that the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation might be reopened.
EnglishPete

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:08 PM »

Jeff Zeleny, a Sr. White House Correspondent just told CNN's Erin Burnett that Trump has been contemplating taking this action for at least a week but didn't have a rationale for doing so but told the Atty General and the Deputy Atty General to look for that rationale and just make something up.

CNN, LOL
EnglishPete

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 07:01:54 PM »

Well let's explore the example more. Let's say the suspicions were that I ran a huge child prostitution ring in fact. Let's say the investigation began about a year ago, less than that, and started because of happenstance and that a serious investigation only started happening a couple of months ago. Let's say that several of my associates have raised questions about me.

Shouldn't a massive investigation require time - including more than just several months? And shouldn't it be fully funded and fully staffed to either  clear my name or prosecute me?
If a fully funded investigation has been going on for months and has still found absolutely no evidence to back up these claims then maybe questions should be asked about whether such an investigation is justified.

As for 'clearing names' its not the job of an FBI or police investigation to 'clear' anybody's name. If they don't find evidence that can be given to a prosecutor and they stop investigating the that's it. 'Clearing' people is something done by courts, not by police or FBI.

As for your suggestion that this whole thing started by 'happenstance' that's highly doubtful. Much more likely that this has been a witch hunt from the very start.
EnglishPete

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 07:10:37 PM »

Well let's explore the example more. Let's say the suspicions were that I ran a huge child prostitution ring in fact. Let's say the investigation began about a year ago, less than that, and started because of happenstance and that a serious investigation only started happening a couple of months ago. Let's say that several of my associates have raised questions about me.

Shouldn't a massive investigation require time - including more than just several months? And shouldn't it be fully funded and fully staffed to either  clear my name or prosecute me?
If a fully funded investigation has been going on for months and has still found absolutely no evidence to back up these claims then maybe questions should be asked about whether such an investigation is justified.

As for 'clearing names' its not the job of an FBI or police investigation to 'clear' anybody's name. If they don't find evidence that can be given to a prosecutor and they stop investigating the that's it. 'Clearing' people is something done by courts, not by police or FBI.

As for your suggestion that this whole thing started by 'happenstance' that's highly doubtful. Much more likely that this has been a witch hunt from the very start.

You're are an amazing voice of reason. It's refreshing.
Thanks, likewise.
EnglishPete

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 07:21:37 PM »

There are suggestions that now that Comey has been fired that the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation might be reopened.

Where are you seeing this?

Jack Posobiec  🇺🇸‏Verified account @JackPosobiec  1h1 hour ago
More
 Source: They may be reopening the Clinton investigation after firing partisan Comey – At The West Wing

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/862077823699365890
EnglishPete

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 01:50:47 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/MattMackowiak/status/862155351944253440

I would just like to remind everyone that the FBI never looked at the DNC servers and that the only evidence that they were 'hacked by Russia' came from dodgy Crowdstrike company hired by DNC.

In other news Seth Rich is still dead
EnglishPete

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 08:29:13 AM »

The issue is not his termination but rather the timing of it.

Joel Pollack has suggested a very plausible reason for the timing. James Clapper's testimony on Monday that there was no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and that therefore Trump couldn't be reasonably accused of trying to cover up this conspiracy.

Of course it hasn't stopped Dems and their allies in the media unreasonably accusing Trump in their ever more histrionic pushing of this tired conspiracy theory but there's not much that can be done about that.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/09/james-comey-simple-explanation/
EnglishPete

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 10:11:29 AM »

From another thread.

There are two points here:
1) I don't know anyone, right-wing or left-wing, who has a favorable view of Comey. Lately it has been the Democrats screaming about how terrible he was. Perhaps that's a lesson in being careful what you wish for, but its simply hypocritical for them to suddenly rush to his defense (as it is for them to call for a special prosecutor on Russia). You can't have law enforcement authorities who are trusted by nobody. The FBI under Comey simply became too intensely political (not entirely, but in many ways, his fault).

2) This Russia story has now dragged on for months. Months since the election and, as Comey revealed to us, months before that. What have they uncovered so far? Zip...unless you count the bureaucratic anomoly that is Flynn briefing the government on his plans to go to Russia, and what he did in Russia, but not actually receiving clearance to be paid for doing what he did in Russia. We have no evidence of conspiracy, no evidence of collusion...really no evidence of anything at all. Comey said so, Barbara Boxer said so, even inteligence officials from the Obama administration said so. Exactly how long is America supposed to twiddle its thumbs while this circus continues in the intelligence committee, before we say "nope, there's no there there"?
-----------------------

My take; The Trump administration wanted to can Comey from day one, but held off because of the ongoing Russian-hysteria circus. They probably didn't like the optics of firing Comey amidst the early days of this witchhunt. But now?

We've wasted countless resources 'investigating' this democratic concocted witch-hunt for 6 months. We've had countless democratic media machines print 'Muh Russians' on page one, with tiny 'no evidence to confirm' post scripts at the end of each article. And as of just 2 days ago, Comey and Clapper have both - before congress - testified that NO EVIDENCE of collusion of any kind took place.

There's no 'there' there. It's a democratic created narrative to fool the low info voter.

Of course, the dems will still go ape-sh*t, and break their ankles twisting so hard from 'fire comey' to 'trump's a dictator'. But now they'll do so after months of investigations with no evidence to even justify continuing to investigate.

Case and point; Colbert on his show announced that Comey got canned... and his crowd cheered. But he was quick to point out that their proper reaction should be OUTRAGE!, so the crowd started to boo. 😂😂

This kind of nonsense happens when politics becomes your religion. Got to be told by the preachers what to think.

have you seen this clip from Colbert last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCVBEE1SfXI

Colbert: Breaking news President Trump just fired James Comey

Audience : Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah! Wohoooooooooooo!

Colbert : hey lots of Trump fans in the audience toght [Translation: Listen up people, the narrative now is that firing Comey is bad]

Literally 1 minute later

Colbert : Comey was fired on the advice of AG Jeff Sessions

Audience : Booooooooooooo!
EnglishPete

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »

If Trump had fired Comey on the first day, as some suggest,  it still would have Russia implications, possibly more.

timing AND explanation.

why was is soooo necessary to fire comey RIGHT NOW even before the administration even has had time to create a believable narrative?
If they waited until yesterday because it was only on Monday that we has Clapper's testimony under oath that there was no evidence against Trump then why would they wait a day longer? If he's the wrong man for the job then why fire him any later than necessary?
EnglishPete

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 10:58:02 AM »

if there is no fire: investigation would have concluded peacefully without any damage at all.

Kind of like saying "If he's not a witch the witch hunt would have concluded peacefully without any damage at all."
EnglishPete

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 11:58:58 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2017, 12:01:38 PM by EnglishPete »

Now with that dispelled: in this parallel it wasn't Bob from Florida. It was the FBI director, Scotland Yard and a few other places. They've all expressed concern.

Cant really concieve of a parallel, so Russia's Twitter activity and Roger Stone's contacts with Wikileaks (linked to Fancy Bear) suggest that there should be an investigation. For example Roger Stone knew about the Podesta emails before they came out.

Don't you think that's circumstantial enough?

Lets go through these points that you raise, since I didn't round to answering these yesterday and these seem to lie at the heart of the accusations.

The reason why the concerns raised by the FBI and Scotland Yard were based on the 'dodgy dossier'. The fact that such a major investigation was launched based of such an obvious and transparent concoction of disinformation tells you everything about how well founded or not those 'concerns' were.

Roger Stone had a DM twitter conversation with someone's public twitter account. That conversation, which has since been published showed no sign of any 'secret plotting' or anything illegal, just someone asking questions.

Roger Stone has communicated with Julian Assange. Again lots of people are interested in asking Assange questions and everyone knows exactly where he lives. Again no evidence of foul play.

"Fancy Bear". There is no evidence that 'fancy bear' even exists beyond the highly questionable analysis of the very dubious Crowdsrike company. This was the company given exclusive access to the DNC servers, not shared with the FBI or anyone else, and who ended up telling the DNC exactly what they wanted to hear. The highly suspect nature of Crowdstrike has been discussed at length elsewhere.

That's it? That's the circumstantial evidence? I'd say that there's rather more evidence there of a cooked up witch hunt than there is of any 'Russian collusion'
EnglishPete

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 12:34:51 PM »

The issue is not his termination but rather the timing of it.

Joel Pollack has suggested a very plausible reason for the timing. James Clapper's testimony on Monday that there was no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and that therefore Trump couldn't be reasonably accused of trying to cover up this conspiracy.

Of course it hasn't stopped Dems and their allies in the media unreasonably accusing Trump in their ever more histrionic pushing of this tired conspiracy theory but there's not much that can be done about that.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/09/james-comey-simple-explanation/

I'm not even going to bother reading anything you post if you're going to quote Breitbart.

EnglishPete quoting Breitbart.
LOL.
The fascist Nazi website, for fascist Nazis.
Oh noes. A far leftist calling right wingers "fascist". I did nat zee that one coming!
EnglishPete

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 01:15:32 PM »

Yes I know you're calling me a Fascist. I said I did nat zee that one coming but in fact I did. You're so predicatable
For the record I did not 'admit' to being a fascist. Your opinion on whether you think I'm a fascist or not is of no importance.
EnglishPete

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »

Don't try and back peddle. You, yourself, admitted to being a fascist.

For the record I did not 'admit' to being a fascist. Your opinion on whether you think I'm a fascist or not is of no importance.

You admitted to having fascist tendencies.
I'm not the only one here on Atlas, who has noticed and called-you-out on your poorly disguised fascist and bigoted comments.
Don't try and make it look like it's just one person who holds this opinion of you.
Thus it is "important" that others here on Atlas know the "kind" of individual you really are, if and when they read your posts.
Whatever
EnglishPete

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 02:33:19 PM »

Quote" WASHINGTON — Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in resources for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to four congressional officials, including Senator Richard J. Durbin. " End quote

So the source of this story in the fair and balanced New York Times is a Democratic Senator and three anonymous officials.

Fake News.
EnglishPete

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 02:46:38 PM »

wapo, WSJ, NBC etc are agreeing on this matter, even while i guess, you are looking for the gateway pundit confirmation. Wink + Tongue
Doesn't matter if the story was 'confirmed' in the Gateway Pundit, the New York Times, NBC or Breitbart. If their sources are an opposition Senator and three other anonymous officials then its fake news. If they've got better evidence for their claim then its not.
EnglishPete

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 02:59:34 PM »

EnglishPete, may I ask who you think is controlling the fake news?
What a curious question. News journal editors, News journal proprietors, TV editors and producers, Directors of the companies that own TV companies, lobbyists, political party bosses, politicians etc etc. All kinds of people.

Its a bit like any other industry. Food production is controlled by all the people who play a role in running the various parts of the food industry, washing machine production is controlled by all the people who run companies involved in washing machine manufacturing and distribution and likewise fake news is controlled by all the people who run organisations involved in the fake news industry (AKA the mass media).
EnglishPete

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 02:17:59 AM »

Unsubstantiated rumour.
EnglishPete

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 11:20:06 AM »

He can't have said that. If that were true it would mean that a United States Senator had been fibbing to a gullible press! Surely not!
EnglishPete

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 06:29:04 PM »

Let's take a step back and look at the history books of 2050. This is how this week will look.

This is the literal objective historical record.
No it isn't. There's no evidence that this was the reason for Comey's removal, just a lot of fevered speculation in the opposition media and from opposition politicians.
EnglishPete

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 06:54:47 PM »

Let's take a step back and look at the history books of 2050. This is how this week will look.

This is the literal objective historical record.
No it isn't. There's no evidence that this was the reason for Comey's removal, just a lot of fevered speculation in the opposition media and from opposition politicians.

Except that's literally what his spokesperson said

Nope. What she literally said was that they was they wanted the investigation to have integrity. She then commented that by firing Comey that they have helped make that happen. In other words she's saying that that's a benefit of the firing, not that it was the cause of the firing.
EnglishPete

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 08:12:21 AM »

Comey is a strong patriot who is well aware of the classified material around Trump relating to his businesses and his Russian ties. I would imagine Comey will not let that die down easily. Neither will his allies in the FBI who feel he was pushed out.

Yepp. So it (as I said initially) is a really good news. Trump's acting resulted in the 'Russia ties' will get even more scrutiny!

The way Trump fired Comey is also very interesting. It was really awful, almost as Trump wanted Comey to react/start to leak. I hope we'll get soon much more new information (if there is something Wink)

And now Trump is dropping a massive hint that there are "tapes" of the conversations with Comey. I suspect that Trump has been leading his oh so predicable opponents into a massive elephant trap.
EnglishPete

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 08:16:57 AM »

Comey is a strong patriot who is well aware of the classified material around Trump relating to his businesses and his Russian ties. I would imagine Comey will not let that die down easily. Neither will his allies in the FBI who feel he was pushed out.

Yepp. So it (as I said initially) is a really good news. Trump's acting resulted in the 'Russia ties' will get even more scrutiny!

The way Trump fired Comey is also very interesting. It was really awful, almost as Trump wanted Comey to react/start to leak. I hope we'll get soon much more new information (if there is something Wink)

And now Trump is dropping a massive hint that there are "tapes" of the conversations with Comey. I suspect that Trump has been leading his oh so predicable opponents into a massive elephant trap.
Just like he has that letter from the NFL

Just a little reminder of who we're talking about here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnMsUaT6e8k
EnglishPete

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2017, 08:21:24 AM »

Donald Trump himself has said that he hopes the Russia/Election campaign continues and indeed is expanded. All those opponents of his jumping up and demanding this investigation should continue and be expanded should be careful what they wish for. It might end up somewhere they don't expect.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies