What are ALL the afterlife options (Heaven/Hell, Reincarnation, No Afterlife...)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:35:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  What are ALL the afterlife options (Heaven/Hell, Reincarnation, No Afterlife...)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What are ALL the afterlife options (Heaven/Hell, Reincarnation, No Afterlife...)  (Read 2169 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 11:39:46 PM »

The concept of an afterlife also may imply immortality in some other dimension, but how can immortality be possible? If I were to die and wake up in an afterlife, what would happen if I were to die again? How could I be immortal in an afterlife?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 11:53:43 PM »

The concept of an afterlife also may imply immortality in some other dimension, but how can immortality be possible? If I were to die and wake up in an afterlife, what would happen if I were to die again? How could I be immortal in an afterlife?

From a Christian perspective, when we go to heaven or hell, we no longer live in this universe and thus the way we traditionally think about life and death no longer apply.  And in the consummation of all things with a new heavens and a new Earth, there will presumably be no death. 
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2017, 11:56:27 PM »

From a Christian perspective, when we go to heaven or hell, we no longer live in this universe and thus the way we traditionally think about life and death no longer apply.  And in the consummation of all things with a new heavens and a new Earth, there will presumably be no death. 
True enough, but it is hard to imagine, as you point how our thinking is based on the way we exist now. My point is that I have a hard time believing in such an existence because it seems so "unreal".
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 11:58:08 PM »

The only way I can imagine such an afterlife is that we would exist as "thoughts" only or "minds" only without bodies, which is very abstract.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies