Under-45 voters made their Electoral College bluer than in 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:36:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Under-45 voters made their Electoral College bluer than in 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Under-45 voters made their Electoral College bluer than in 2012  (Read 1652 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: May 17, 2017, 10:40:24 PM »

Aren't there some polls that suggest younger Millenials are a bit more Republican than older ones?  Or maybe it was just younger White Millenials?  Ancedotally, that is what I have noticed - the people I know who are 26, 27 and 28 tend to be more Democratic than those who are 23, 24 and 25.

That depends. In 2012, data showed 18-20 year olds skewing heavily towards Romney, but 4 years later, when they made up a larger portion of the 18-24 age group, they skewed more Democratic than any other group, including their slightly older peers. There are other polls that do show them as identifying as somewhat less Democratic, but the actual election data doesn't suggest it.

I don't think a single election tells the whole story for younger voters. Those ages are the most volatile time for a young voter, and it wouldn't be that serious if they swung around a bit, particularly under a president presiding over an economic recovery.

So far I think there is little reliable evidence to suggest that at least the first half of gen z will be substantially less Democratic than Millennials, and given how racially diverse they are (and how reliable those voters have been), it seems unlikely until proven.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies