Shattered
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:16:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Shattered
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Shattered  (Read 29403 times)
Different Republican
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »

Paul 2020!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2017, 11:44:04 AM »

I'm gonna go ahead and say that the 2020 democratic primaries will be a battle between Tulsi Gabbard and Tim Kaine
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2017, 12:28:28 PM »

Wow.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2017, 12:50:56 PM »

GO BAKER!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2017, 03:04:45 PM »

#Baker2020
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2017, 06:22:54 PM »

Breaking News: Pres. Clinton Announces She Will Not Seek 2nd Term
"...I am so proud of the work we have done over nearly four years. We have helped bring the American dream to millions more of our fellow citizens, we've strengthened our security, while protecting our values. It can be noted and recorded America is better today than four years ago. [cheers]

Now, most of you are probably wondering what this means for me and a future campaign for President. I will be honest, I did not expect to be here today giving this exact speech, but after months of deliberation and discussion with Bill and Chelsea, I have decided the time has come for me to step aside. [sighs] I have the stamina to keep doing this job for another four years [cheers] and have no doubt that if I were to run we would win, because we have a record of accomplishment! [cheers] But our democracy requires changes and constant renewal, and I believe the time has come for new leaders to emerge who can move America into brighter and better tomorrows.

I am proud to have done my part. To help move this country in a stronger direction. To have righted so many wrongs. To have fought for justice and reform. I am proud of our country. I am proud of all of you, and I am so glad and thankful to have been given the highest honor to serve as your President. [Cheers] [Chants: Hillary! Hillary!]

In my remaining months in office I want to keep building on the progress we've made, and then stand with you shoulder to shoulder to keep fighting for the country we love and protecting the values we share.

I thank you for your support. I thank my family for their love and endurance. I thank my friends and Vice President Tim Kaine. To my incredible staff and cabinet, and to all those who have helped shatter the highest hardest glass ceiling. This Presidency was never about one person, it was about all of us, it was about America living up to its potential, and ensuring every child has the chance to live up to their God given potential. [Cheers]

Thank you for being apart of this journey, and while the journey is over for me, it still continues for all of you. America's journey has only just begun."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »

Trump Tweets...

Charlie Baker Takes Swipe at Trump: "He's Bad for America!"
Charlie Baker, who announced his bid for the Republican nomination earlier this month is now making headlines by attacking Donald Trump, the 2016 nominee and possible 2020 candidate. In a speech to voters in New Hampshire, Baker addressed what he called, 'the Republican's image problem.' He chastised Trump for his phony persona and labeled him 'a crooked salesman who duped Republicans four years ago and is now trying to do it again. Well, this time we're not buying what he's selling.' Baker was critical of Trump during the 2016 campaign, and said he did not vote for the 2016 nominee. Ahead of the 2020 campaign, Baker is staking an early claim to New Hampshire, hoping a win there will give him momentum to compete elsewhere.

Baker, a moderate Republican is something of a rarity in GOP circles. He supports a woman's right to chose, and favors gay marriage. His tenure as Massachusetts' Governor has been described as pragmatic. When asked about his chances Baker said, "he's a no nonsense, no strings, no punches kind of guy, and I think people are looking for someone who can step up and get the job done." National polls find Baker polling in single digits.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2017, 06:51:33 PM »

#StillTrumping
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2017, 09:46:29 PM »

Enjoying this. In an alternate universe, Trump vents his anger about the Clinton Administration with regular Tweetstorms.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2017, 10:06:31 PM »

Enjoying your timelines, as always. Keep it up! Smiley
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2017, 11:30:56 PM »

Thank you everyone for the kind words. It's been a blast to write this TL. Next update coming soon!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2017, 07:24:52 AM by Parrotguy »

Fantastic TL! These 2020 elections will be exciting.
MRX
Rookie
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2017, 12:15:07 PM »

Do you have a list of legislation passed and cabinet members?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2017, 07:21:55 PM »

Tim Kaine Announces Bid for President
Vice President Tim Kaine entered the race for the Democratic Nomination, positioning himself as the successor to President Hillary Clinton. The Vice President used his speech to praise his boss and the President, and called America 'even better off today than four years ago'. Kaine avoided general specific in his speech, instead promising to be, like Clinton, 'a fighter for the American people'. Kaine is viewed as the front runner for the Democratic nomination, though the the progressive base seems to be looking past him, and putting all their energy with the likely candidacy of Tulsi Gabbard.

Donald Trump Unleashes on VP Kaine

Tom Cotton is running for President, 'pledges focuses on American Strength and Leadership'
Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton announced his campaign for President with a swipe against the foreign policy of President Clinton, and pledged his Presidency would be focused on 'restoring the American credibility, and reestablishing America's leadership'.

Rand Paul Pledges to be 'the liberty candidate'
In a speech tailored made for a libertarian audience, Senator Rand Paul announced his second run for President as a Republican, vowing to make his Presidency about 'destroying the Washington machine' and 'maximizing freedom'. Paul had recently flirted with the idea of running as a libertarian,
 but ultimately passed on it, feeling his chances were better with running as a Republican.

Tulsi Gabbard Enters Democratic Race for Presidents; Pledges a "Bolder Country'
Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard became the second Democrat to announce for President. In an announcement speech tailored to the progressive base, with an eye on the broader electorate, Tulsi Gabbard said she wants to have the United States 'be bolder than it has been' and called for the need to reform the financial system and to ensure 'our democracy works for everyone'. Gabbard, a supporter of Bernie Sanders in 2016 has been a constant critic of the Clinton Administration. While she avoided attacking either the President or Vice President Kaine in her speech, in her announcement she made it clear her focus was on carrying the message of Bernie Sanders.

Report: Andrew Cuomo Considering a Run for President
Sources close to Andrew Cuomo, say the New York Governor is strongly considering entering the Presidential race, feeling Vice President Kaine is a weak candidate and Tulsi Gabbard is 'unelectable'.
 The Governor's office has denied the report, but did not offer any comment on a potential Cuomo bid for President.

Nikki Haley Enters GOP Race for President
Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley became the 5th Republican to enter the race for President. Haley, who has been long seen as a rising star entered the race with a similar populist message to that of her Democratic rival Tulsi Gabbard. Haley pledged to take on the "Washington Ways" and restore the opportunities of the American Dream for all the people".

Mark Cuban Joins Presidential Race as a Democrat
Billionaire Businessman Mark Cuban announced he is running for President as a Democrat. In a speech aimed towards the progressive base, Cuban said he wanted to be a President who fought 'for the little guy, and defeated the big system'. Cuban's announcement comes after years of flirting with a Presidential run. In a press conference afterwards, Cuban said of Donald Trump, "I am a self made billionaire and he is not'". Cuban, also said he plans to 'self-fund his campaign'.

Trump Bashes Mark Cuban's Run for President

CNN/ORC Poll: Democratic Primary
Tim Kaine: 29%
Tulsi Gabbard: 15%
Mark Cuban: 5%
Undecided: 51%

CNN/ORC Poll: Republican Primary
Ted Cruz: 24%
Rand Paul: 16%
Tom Cotton: 7%
Nikki Haley: 5%
Charlie Baker: 4%
Undecided/Other: 44%

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2017, 07:50:44 PM »

Ugh wow, with a Dem slate like that I might actually support a republican! Tulsi is the least worst option, and that's saying something.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2017, 08:15:56 PM »

Out of curiosity what has Jon Huntsman been up to? I can't remember if he's been mentioned.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2017, 08:29:56 PM »

Better be some more Dem candidates...
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2017, 09:03:43 PM »

*vomits at Mark Cuban*
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2017, 11:28:55 PM »

I can't see Cuban surviving a Democratic primary. Sure, his social views align with the party, but economics wise he's pretty Republican.

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2017, 03:16:48 AM »

1. Tulsi
2. Kaine

3. Cuomo
4. Baker

5. Haley

6. Cuban
7. Paul
8. Trump

9. Cruz
10. Cotton

This is such a disappointing field so far.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2017, 05:58:52 AM »

Elizabeth Warren: "I'm Running for President!"
Senator Elizabeth Warren became the fourth Democrat to enter the primary race, but her announcement was met with great enthusiasm. Warren used her announcement speech to lay out her vision for America. She avoided mentions of either President Clinton or Vice President Kaine, but called on the need for the United States to be 'rebuilt from the ground up, and reworked for all the American people'. She also, seemed to be chiding rival Tulsi Gabbard, by saying, 'the next President needs not only vision, but experience to accomplish what needs to be done.' Warren becomes an instant favorite for the nomination, given her standing among progressives.

Ben Sasse: "Time to Reclaim the American Identity"
Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse joined the Republican primary, with a speech stressing the need to 'reclaim the American identity'. Sasse, said America has been going through an identity crisis over a number of years, and laid blame at both Republicans and Democrats. Sasse, who was opposed to Donald Trump in 2016, said of future leaders: "We need to be responsible, we need to clear, and we need to act in the interest of all the people." Sasse's campaign immediately went to Iowa for a campaign visit, signifying the Senator's focus on the state.

Sources: Romney Considering a '2020 bid'
Senator Mitt Romney is reportedly considering throwing his hat into the race for President. Sources close to the Utah Senator, reported he has met with donors and backers of Jeb Bush' 2016 campaign,
 as well with his own senior staff from 2008 and 2012 runs. Romney's office has offered no comment on the speculation.

Secy. of State Biden Announces 'immediate resignation' fueling 2020 Rumors
Secretary of State Joe Biden has continually denied having interest to run for President in 2020, but in the wake of President Clinton's stunning decision to forgo reelection, and the so-far lackluster field of Democratic candidates, the Secretary of State has reportedly be reconsidering a previous pledged to avoid national politics. Joe Biden's announcement was met with the support of the President, who joined in his farewell speech. Biden called America's credibility and leadership around the world, 'secure and strong'. The reason for Biden's departure was cited as 'the need to spend time with family and make decisions about the future'.

Steve Bullock Joins Democratic Race
Montana Governor Steve Bullock announced he is running for President, calling on the need for 'common sense' and a 'pragmatic government.'

Andrew Cuomo: "Progressive with Results!"
Andrew Cuomo announced his campaign in New York City, and cited his record as New York's Governor as his qualification for President, and the reason Democrats should back him. "We've managed to make New York the envy of the country, with our free college for all program," Cuomo said, "because we in New York believe everyone who wants to take a chance and get ahead should!"
 Cuomo, a political moderate, has in recent years embraced many of the Democratic positions of Bernie Sanders, and has been reportedly angling at a run for President for years.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2017, 07:00:13 AM »

One Last Shot: Joe Biden Announces Bid for President
Enter the big guns. Former Secretary of State and Vice President, Joe Biden declared in his home town of Scranton, PA: "I'm running for President!" The political icon made his entry into the race less than three weeks after he departed his role as the nation's top diplomat. Biden stressed his humble beginnings, in a speech aimed at blue collar workers. Biden, cited his experience and preparation for the role, but also his belief "I can help make this country better, and I run because of something my mother always told me to do: 'If you see a problem Joey, go and fix it, and that America is what I'm going to do."

Biden's decision to run, will make for a contested and likely heated Democratic primary. The field already consists of Governor Andrew Cuomo, Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard, Businessman Mark Cuban, and Senator Elizabeth Warren, not to mention Vice President Tim Kaine; though he is viewed as a weaker candidate, and with Biden's entrance into the primary he'll likely skyrocket to the top of the polls. A most recent poll prior to Biden's decision found Kaine running second behind Elizabeth Warren.

"Biden brings with him a depth of experience and vision, but also a fondness for the Obama Years, which in comparison to the Clinton Presidency and record is quite stellar," said Political Commentator Mark Halperin On MSNBC's Morning Mika. "I think he's a strong candidate for the primary and quite possibly the next President of the United States."

2020 Democratic Primary Poll: July 2019 (Gallup)
Joe Biden: 30%
Elizabeth Warren: 17%
Tim Kaine: 15%
Andrew Cuomo: 9%
Tulsi Gabbard: 8%
Mark Cuban: 3%
Steve Bullock: 1%
Undecided: 17%

2020 Republican Primary Poll: July 2019 (Gallup)
Ted Cruz: 21%
Rand Paul: 19%
Ben Sasse: 10%
Tom Cotton: 9%
Nikki Haley: 4%
Charlie Baker: 3%
Undecided: 24%

Donald Trump Tweets Out on Primary Fields
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy