Shattered
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:37:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Shattered
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Shattered  (Read 29406 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2017, 08:43:53 PM »

Have Baker get some energy cmon. 
Also go Biden for the dems.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2017, 09:57:16 PM »

Biden vs Baker 2020!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2017, 02:15:19 PM »

NYT: Trump Set To Announce Second Presidential Bid

WSJ: Donald Trump Set To Make Major Announcement At Trump Tower

...America is worse off today than at anytime in our nation's history. We haven't won anything in decades. We're the laughing stock of the world. We're being ripped off foreign countries, and our people starve in the streets. President Hillary Clinton [boos] Yeah, she's crooked and terrible, told everybody that, President Clinton is deciding she can't handle the job of being President anymore. She's deciding to retire to which I say, good riddance! [Cheers] Now is the time to restore this country to its full potential [cheers] but folks we're not going to doing anything and we're not to be great again if we keep handing the country over to the same old people, or to new people with the same old bad ideas.

Look at the Democrats, they've got a Vice President who puts people to sleep in a speech [cheers] It's true, look it up, I know the media won't report it, but I've seen it. Very sad. [Applause] You've got Goofy Elizabeth Warren [Boos] Nothing much to say there folks, just look at her. Then there's Andrew Cuomo who I know, I know him from way back when he was coming to me begging for money like a dog, and now he thinks he a tough guy. Not going to work Andy. [Cheers]. Then there's Joe Biden. Old Joe. God Bless Joe. Joe's nice, but he's too old. He makes Hillary look like Wonder Woman. [Cheers]

Then you have the Republicans. [Boo] I'm sorry, but the people running on our side don't have any good ideas, or know how to fix the country. [Cheers] We don't want to send them to Washington, DC either. because they are part of the system. To fix the system we need to start from scratch. We need to rebuild it and make it bigger and better than ever before. [Cheers]

These people are con artists and they're liars and fakers. Enough of them. [Cheers; someone yells 'Drain the Swamp'] That's right. We've got to drain the place clean. It's overflowing with rotten people who care not about you. I can tell you that, they care only about themselves and their wallets. [Cheers]

Charlie Baker, the governor of Massachusetts, a Republican [boos] I don't think he is one, but small details. Charlie Baker called me and I quote, 'bad for America'. I say to Charlie. How am I bad for America? What have you done? [Cheers] I worth a lot of money [cheers/applause] and you're a pathetic Governor who can't run his own state. [Cheers/applause]

None of these people. Nobody can fix this country. They're all lying to you and they've been lying pretty badly. The fact is if I had won four years ago [cheers] I would have won, but the Republicans decided to give me and you the shaft [boo/cheers]. They didn't support me, and because of that I'm going to support them [cheers] I am running for you. I am running for you and only you. I'm running to be your voice, period! [cheers]

The special interests folks and the big money and the establishment doesn't own me, because I know them all and I know how their games work. You saw what they did to us four years ago and it's not going to happen again. I brought in millions and millions of people to their party and they've ignored you. The Republicans have ignored you, because they care more about each other and the Democrats than the hard working American people. I say no more of that. It stops right now. [Cheers]

We need a President who can fix this country. We need a President who can do it. We can't go on much longer like this folks. Too much at stake. [Cheers] Has to be done. Has to be. [Applause]

That is why today I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States [cheers]. I am running for President and I promise if I will to fix this country right! [cheers/applause]

RNC Chair Blasts Trump, 'Wants GOP to be biggest tent possible'
RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel Romney blasted Presidential candidate and former Republican nominee Donald Trump for his 'disgraceful' and 'bombastic speech'. "I want to the Republican Party to an inclusive and welcoming party that brings people from all backgrounds and walks of life." She also questioned Trump's conservative credentials, seemingly taking on the former nominee, in a way former RNC Chair Reince Priebus did not in 2015. Polls however, continue to show Donald Trump as the favorite among Republican voters.

A poll prior to his announcement found that 33% of Republicans would support him again for the GOP nomination. Ted Cruz finished second with 22%.

Trump Takes to Twitter

Clinton Bashes Trump; Says her Health is "Top Notch"
President Clinton sat down for a wide ranging interview with ABC's Martha Raddatz, where she discussed everything from her Administration, to her pending retirement. Raddatz began her interview with a question on her former Republican rival Donald Trump.

"I think he's running for attention," Clinton said. "She's a shallow man who cannot stand the fact he lost four years ago." When pressed on the subject of her decision to retire rather than run Clinton called it a 'personal and tough decision', but is confident in her belief that it is time for new leaders to emerge. Raddatz followed up with a question concerning the primary between her Former Secretary of State and current Vice President. "I will stay out of the primary," Clinton said, "and let the Democratic primary voters decide who our nominee will be."
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2017, 02:16:54 PM »

If this were real, I would be praying that he doesn't get the nomination again

Great job so far!
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2017, 03:22:30 PM »

Trump/Cotton? Trump/Paul? I think he becomes the next president TBH.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2017, 06:39:57 PM »

From "Crooked Hillary" to "Tired Hillary"

On Earth 2.0, Trump vents his anger at Clinton's Presidency and his son is NYC Mayor.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2017, 07:26:46 PM »

Charlie Baker: The Angry Moderate
In the Republican race void of many establishment or centrist candidates Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker is running as the sole moderate. In the party of Trump, Baker is playing to his results,
 talking of reforming government, by pointing to his tenure in Massachusetts, while also and most notably bashing the perceived frontrunner for the nomination -- Donald Trump. "He's not a serious candidate," Baker said while stumping in New Hampshire. "He lost the election for years ago, and now is an even bigger joke."

Baker has been unafraid to take on Trump. He publicly distanced himself from the GOP nominee in 2016 and said he could not vote for him. Baker has also been critical to what Trump's image has done to the Party overall. "Republicans do well in off year elections, but we lose in the race that counts," Baker told a small crowd of potential supporters in Portsmouth, NH. "We're perceived as being anti- this and anti- that, and now with him running it's like we're in a constant state of deja vu."

Baker is hoping a win in New Hampshire, the state which gave Donald Trump his first primary victory in 2016, will help him establishment momentum and give him the boost to win the nomination. Many analysts see Baker as one of the party's strongest candidates. His successful terms as a governor in one of the bluest states in the country, and he non-confrontational style and civil tone could have woo back voters who turned away from the Republicans in 2016, because of Trump.

However, Baker still needs to outlast the primary, and in a party dominated by Donald Trump and potentially overshadowed by his presence, Baker is pulling out all stops to prevent the Party of Lincoln from once again becoming the Party of Trump. "If he is the nominee again," Baker said, "we'll lose and to quote the man, lose big league."

Gallup: Republican Primary Poll Sept. 2019
Donald Trump: 29%
Ted Cruz: 18%
Rand Paul: 13%
Ben Sasse: 9%
Tom Cotton: 8%
Nikki Haley: 4%
Charlie Baker: 4%
Undecided: 15%

CNN/ORC Poll: Republican Primary (Iowa Caucuses)
Donald Trump: 28%
Ted Cruz: 18%
Ben Sasse: 11%
Tom Cotton: 9%
Rand Paul: 9%
Nikki Haley: 2%
Charlie Baker: 1%
Undecided: 22%

WMUR Poll: Republican Primary (New Hampshire)
Donald Trump: 36%
Rand Paul: 14%
Ted Cruz: 10%
Charlie Baker: 10%
Ben Sasse: 5%
Tom Cotton: 4%
Nikki Haley: 3%
Undecided: 20%

Fox New Poll: Republican Primary (South Carolina)
Nikki Haley: 29%
Donald Trump: 24%
Ted Cruz: 14%
Tom Cotton: 6%
Ben Sasse: 3%
Rand Paul: 2%
Charlie Baker: 1%
Undecided: 21%

The Incredibly Shrinking Vice President
Tim Kaine may be Vice President of the United States, but in the eyes of Democratic voters, he is not the top choice to lead the Party in 2020. In an increasingly crowded field which includes both Former Secretary of State Joe Biden and Senator Elizabeth Warren, Kaine is having a difficult time connecting and finding his footing.

"In a race where it's Kaine and Tulsi Gabbard," said Political Journalist Mark Halperin, "Kaine wins easily. Even in a three person race with someone like Cuomo, I think Kaine manages to win by default. The problem now is you have Elizabeth Warren who will likely suck up all the Bernie Sanders oxygen and fill the progressive void in the race. Cuomo will try to run as the progressive with a track recorded, and then there is Joe Biden. Joe Biden is both the wild card and establishment candidate.
 He brings a level of credibility and experience none of the other candidates have, he can appeal to blue collar and even some Republican voters, while many of the others cannot, and he also brings a fondness and warm feelings from the Obama Years. Tim Kaine is essentially boxed out."

Most political pundits believe for Kaine to have any shot, he needs to get way out ahead of both Biden and Cuomo and become the establishment candidate. By doing so, Kaine needs an early win. His team is mostly focusing on both Iowa and New Hampshire, with greater attention being placed on the former than the latter. "Biden is tied to the Clinton Administration," Halperin said, "but not in the same way of Tim Kaine."

Gallup: Democratic Primary Poll (Sept. 2019)
Joe Biden: 30%
Elizabeth Warren: 20%
Tim Kaine: 16%
Andrew Cuomo: 12%
Tulsi Gabbard: 4%
Mark Cuban: 3%

Steve Bullocks Drops Out, Backs Joe Biden for President

CNN/ORC Poll: Iowa Caucuses Poll
Joe Biden: 27%
Elizabeth Warren: 20%
Tim Kaine: 19%
Andrew Cuomo: 7%
Tulsi Gabbard: 6%
Mark Cuban: 6%
Undecided: 17%

WMUR POLL: New Hampshire Primary Poll
Elizabeth Warren: 26%
Joe Biden: 24%
Andrew Cuomo: 15%
Tim Kaine: 15%
Mark Cuban: 5%
Tulsi Gabbard: 3%
Undecided: 12%

Public Policy Poll: South Carolina Primary Poll
Joe Biden: 33%
Tim Kaine: 18%
Elizabeth Warren: 16%
Andrew Cuomo: 9%
Tulsi Gabbard: 5%
Mark Cuban: 4%

Warren To Focus on Early Primary States
The Warren Campaign is making a concentrated effort to focus on the early primary states of Iowa,
 New Hampshire and Nevada. While California, will be voting during the Super Tuesday Sweeps and is gaining the attention of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, Elizabeth Warren recently said in an interview 'our campaign wants to work from the ground up and that means earning every vote from Iowa to New Hampshire and then to Nevada." Current polls show Warren running between second and third, with former Secretary of State and Vice President Joe Biden topping the polls.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2017, 07:32:10 PM »

I'd probably support Baker. Could you provide us with a NH poll?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2017, 07:33:50 PM »

Trump Speaks
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2017, 09:07:38 PM »

Cmon someone in the GOP has to have something big on Trump, release it and give Baker the opening for NH!!!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2017, 09:17:35 PM »

Go Donny Go!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2017, 10:18:08 PM »

Hillary steps down!

Joe Biden in!

Charlie Baker!

Nikki Haley!

Trump 2.0!

I love this TL. I wish this were real life.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2017, 10:20:09 PM »

Hillary steps down!

Joe Biden in!

Charlie Baker!

Nikki Haley!

Trump 2.0!

I love this TL. I wish this were real life.

Trump just needs to explode as payback for being a loser in 2016 and give Baker the primary for it to be perfect.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2017, 11:28:08 PM »

Rooting for Biden/Warren and Baker/Haley.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2017, 10:57:39 PM »

Clinton Uses of a Private Server in the White House Raises More Questions

President Clinton continues to use a private email server, according a source from inside the White House. A story in the Wall Street Journal is dogging the White House, as the President attempts to shift to focus on immigration reform measures. The story documents a revelations that the President has setup a private server following her inauguration in 2017 and continues to use on to this day.

The White House offered a brief remark saying, "the American people judged President Clinton on the matter in 2016. She continues to operate with the same system she has used since she was Secretary of State and is using cleared security measures".

Republicans on Capitol Hill immediately launched into a tailspin, blasting the President for her perceived double standard. On the campaign trail, Republican candidates from Ted Cruz to Donald Trump blasted Clinton, while Democrats Tim Kaine and Elizabeth Warren avoided the controversy.  Former Secretary of State Joe Biden called the revelation, 'a distraction' and said if he's elected he would not use a private server saying, 'it raises too many questions'.

Republican candidate Charlie Baker, while critical of President Clinton's continued use of the server, offered a different response from his fellow rivals. "President Clinton is not on the ballot. We should be focusing our energies on what matters and not rehashing the last campaign." Baker in a statement pledged to talk about the future and said his campaign was focused on 'real issues and solutions'

Sept. 2019: President Clinton Approval/Disapproval Rating
Approve: 37%
Disapprove: 48%

Kaine: I did not know about 'private server'

Warren: Time for an About Face in Washington, DC!

Romney Backs Baker; Bashes Trump
Senator Mitt Romney threw his support behind Governor Charlie Baker, calling him 'the most prepared, sensible, pragmatic, and dynamic candidate in the race' and 'he would make a fantastic President'. He also used the endorsement to bash fellow Republican and 2016 nominee Donald Trump. "We do not need a carnival barker as our nominee, again," Romney said to fanfare. Romney,
 did not shy away from criticizing Trump in 2016, and has vowed to 'double his efforts to make sure he does not win the nomination'.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2017, 08:11:47 AM »

Republicans Try to Derail Trump Train at First Debate
In the Republican candidates's first debate, all the contenders took shot at fellow contender and 2016 nominee Donald Trump. Governor Charlie Baker, an outspoken critic of Trump took the opening statement to distance himself from the controversial candidates and said, "it is time for the Republican Party to reclaim its identity, and embrace a conservatism that helps all Americans."

Senator Ted Cruz, who feuded with Trump towards the end of the 2016 primary took a jab at Trump's conservative credentials, and reaffirmed his vision for a 'conservative America'.

Senator Ben Sasse, another Trump critic flat out called Trump, a 'conman', but tried to steer clear of further attacks, by saying, "I'm here to talk about my vision for the country." Sasse was joined by Baker who agreed with Sasse statement and called for 'unity in the country,' but also said, "Trump is trying to dupe the Republican Party and America again."

Donald Trump, remained relatively calm and collected during each candidates's remarks towards him, but when he was given a question on 'divisiveness in American politics' the Donald let loose and ripped his fellow Republicans. "I think the fact that I am being assaulted up here, and that's really what this, shows I am the candidate change, I am the candidate who can win," Trump said. Trump's remarks were followed by cheers from the audience, but Trump went on. "The voters want me, poll after poll show me ahead."

Baker, used this opportunity to blast Trump, saying, "again he cites the polls; but look at the poll that counted in 2016, he lost - big time." Baker's remark drew both cheers and jeers from the crowd, and Trump followed up with sharp retort,"well I am 30 percent and you're at 3, Charlie," Trump said. "You're starting to make Jeb Bush look strong."

From there the debate divulged into free-for-all, with the candidates trading barbs at one another, and little policy discussion occurring. Pundits declared the debate a loss for the Republican Primary voter, as none of the candidates articulated a real message or vision for the country; with the biggest takeaway being the Trump vs. everybody barrage. Rising stars Tom Cotton and Nikki Haley failed to shine on the debate stage, dampening their profiles and expectations. Rand Paul offered sound libertarian points, but was drowned out by the barrage of insults and attacks. The polls immediately following the debate showed Trump still in command, but saw a softening of his support overall, and a bump for Ben Sasse, who polled third, behind Ted Cruz.

Still, Republicans fretted over the state of the party and the primary. "If this is the 2020 Republican Primary," said Conservative commentator Hugh Hewitt, "then the Republican Party is doomed." 

Gallup: Republican Primary Poll September 2019
Donald Trump: 27%
Ted Cruz: 15%
Ben Sasse: 13%
Rand Paul: 11%
Charlie Baker: 7%
Tom Cotton: 5%
Nikki Haley: 3%
Undecided: 19%
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2017, 09:11:59 AM »

#NeverTrumpers will form a third party independent from the GOP. Trump is doing well in the polls early
MRX
Rookie
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2017, 07:23:20 PM »

#NeverTrumpers will form a third party independent from the GOP. Trump is doing well in the polls early

Then something Russia related is revealed. Maybe some other nasty things as well.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2017, 07:26:43 PM »

Then something Russia related is revealed. Maybe some other nasty things as well.

This campaign will be as crazy as 2016 especially with no incumbent
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2017, 10:47:48 PM »

The Case For (And Against) Joe Biden
At the recent Democratic Primary Debate, Joe Biden demonstrated outside of Elizabeth Warren he is the strongest candidate, not only in terms of experiences, but connectability. While, Warren won points on substance, Biden came across as the most affable. Biden also brings with him memories from the Obama Years, which in a party trying to broaden its reach beyond President Clinton and keep blue collar voters, Biden's homespun charm, and middle class upbringing make him a stronger candidate than Warren.

However, the one issue evident on the stage - age. The Former Vice President and Secretary of State is 77 and if elected would be 78 on Inauguration. While, Biden and his team have downplayed the age issue, and even made it a joke, like Ronald Reagan did, the prospects of a Biden nomination raise some eyes brows. "What does it say about the Democratic party, when they're best candidate is nearly eighty years old," said Political Commentator and Former Reagan Aide Jeffrey Lorde on CNN.
Lorde is currently backing Trump. The Republican frontrunner is 73.

At a recent birthday fundraiser Biden took a shot at his own age. "I may not be twenty-two anymore," he said to great guffaw, "but I can take anyone of these people. I can go the distance."

Still, the age not withstanding, Biden remains the favorite among Democratic primary voters, continuously topping current Vice President Tim Kaine, who continues to languish between third and fourth place, depending on the polls.

"The greatest asset Biden has is his independence," said Halperin. "He is no longer apart of the Clinton Administration, and while his tenure as Secretary of State may come up in the general depending on the nominee, it will not be a factor in the primary. When voters look at him they see Joe Biden - when they see Tim Kaine, they see Hillary Clinton."

Elizabeth Warren Consolidates Progressive Wing
As both Tim Kaine and Andrew Cuomo battle it out for the position of establishment alternative to Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren is becoming a stronger force within the primary. Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard recently exited the race and threw her support behind Warren, calling her both a 'fighter and a doer'. Warren, for the most part has been the recipient of the Bernie Sanders' coalition from 2016, and is looking to build on her momentum as the field begins to settle.

"The best case for Warren remains a divided establishment field, between Biden, Cuomo and Kaine. This allows her, much like Trump in 2016 to pick up support from elsewhere and win by default in many cases," said Mark Halperin.

Gallup Polling: October 2019 Democratic Primary
Joe Biden: 28%
Elizabeth Warren: 22%
Tim Kaine: 16%
Andrew Cuomo: 14%
Mark Cuban: 1%
Undecided: 19%

Mark Cuban: Nothing to See Here
During a recent campaign event to New Hampshire, Businessman Mark Cuban billed what was expected to be a 'major campaign style event', but when Cuban arrived for the rally, he was greeted by only a handful of supporters and a few reporters - in a room built for 1000 people. The embarrassing display of political inexperience is not the first outing for Cuban to go wrong. While, campaigning in Iowa over the Summer the Businessman criticized the Iowa State Fair as 'hokey and a tourist trap' prompting a strong rebuke from his fellow candidates and Iowans.

The rationale for the Cuban campaign, too has been a muddled operation. Outside of a few talking points, pulled from progressive think tanks, Cuban has yet to articulate a reason for seeking the Presidency. His campaign has continued to promise a set of major speeches on varying issues, but so far nothing has materialized.

Iowa Caucuses Poll: Oct. 2019
Joe Biden: 32%
Elizabeth Warren: 24%
Tim Kaine: 19%
Andrew Cuomo: 13%
Mark Cuban: <1%
Undecided: 12%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: Oct. 2019
Elizabeth Warren: 32%
Joe Biden: 27%
Andrew Cuomo: 14%
Tim Kaine: 12%