NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:09:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation  (Read 29614 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: May 16, 2017, 06:19:57 PM »

Just for the record, Trump is also currently trending in Moscow according to that map.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 06:33:39 PM »

THE TAPES. GIVE US THE TAPES.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 07:33:53 PM »

Dana Bash now reporting Congressional Rs debating between supporting independent prosecutor or independent commission. Major development.

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/864638758859288576

what is the difference?

One lead prosecutor (Ken Starr/Whitewater/Lewinsky style) versus multiple-people commission (9/11/Kennedy Assassination style).
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 07:57:14 PM »

Meanwhile on Pennsylvania Avenue: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pay-trump-bribes-here_us_591a6bcbe4b07d5f6ba584a9?dt
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 08:09:07 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2017, 08:11:11 PM by Crumpets »

Trump's presidency was never going to end well, but it's astonishing how quickly it's all collapsed

And it's not like he was flying high until this week - he's starting out with an approval rating of 41% before a single post-Classifiedgate, post-Comeynotesgate poll comes out.

EDIT: Not to mention already being underwater on the impeachment poll.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 04:43:04 PM »

Horrible if true. But I don’t understand, if true, why Trump is that dumb. He should have known that such a request is illegal and has the potential to throw him out of office. I mean, almost every user on here wouldn’t make such a mistake in the president’s position.

He was expressing the hope. It was not a request (technically). And I doubt that it would be illegal even if he made such a request.

However it is highly improper if the description is correct. Trump is and have been playing with fire while testing the boundaries. So far he has managed to NOT get burned.

What exactly do you think it was? Put aside what it technically says, as in, what a robot might think it was with absolutely no idea of the way people really communicate and the way power dynamics work in situations like this.  You also don't ask everyone to leave the room just to "express hope." Trump was asking Comey to end it, and taking the Breitbart-style approach and dissecting the words individually as if the entire world is stupid, is, well, kind of stupid in itself.

I'm probably going into (wishful) semantic now, but if Trump wanted to request, he'd say so. Mulsim shutdown? He meant it. Talking with Giuliani about legal Muslim ban? He meant it.

To me 'I hope you let it go' sounds like what parents/friends say to someone who can't let their 'love' go, even if everyone understands it is over. Long ago.

Comey&Dems&media would love to find 'collaboration' even if everyone understands... there is only smoke there... Being hack is like being in love Tongue

But as I said it was highly improper and Trump knew it.

I can only imagine what the reaction would have been had it been discovered Bill Clinton said something similar to Loretta Lynch when they met on the tarmac...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies