NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:27:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation  (Read 29564 times)
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« on: May 16, 2017, 05:19:46 PM »

The NYT confirms they don't have the memo, but they've "seen it" lol.

Guess I'll have to wait and see if another media outlet confirms this story.

NBC has already confirmed it, and I think CNN has too.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:29:44 PM »

The NYT confirms they don't have the memo, but they've "seen it" lol.

Guess I'll have to wait and see if another media outlet confirms this story.

WaPo and NBC (at least) have confirmed.

CNN has also confirmed.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 05:44:48 PM »

Is it normal protocol for an fbi director to keep notes about their meetings with the president? I assume it is, or did comey see his firing coming and wanted enough "revenge material" as possible?

If trump really said what the memo states, how did he expect it not to be leaked?

It's normal protocol for anyone who works that high in the government. Their called MFTR's (Memorandum for the Record), and are common practice because people often forget details from important meetings months later.

Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 06:13:16 PM »

Trendsmap Realtime Local Twitter Trends

Super interesting.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 06:36:59 PM »

Per POLITICO:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 07:36:37 PM »

If this did indeed happen in february, doesn't comey have SOME dirt on his face when he said recently there was no pressure?

Absolutely.

Why would Comey have dirt on his face for not disclosing this?

Comey was, at the time, investigating the the President and his campaign along with Michael Flynn for possible Russian collusion. Wouldn't the logical thing for Comey to do be to keep quiet and document the President's attempts to obstruct justice in order to build a case against him?

If Comey notified Congress about this, it would have been leaked immediately and the President would have cut Comey off, hindering the FBI's investigation.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 07:43:59 PM »

If this did indeed happen in february, doesn't comey have SOME dirt on his face when he said recently there was no pressure?

Absolutely.

Comey was, at the time, investigating the the President and his campaign along with Michael Flynn for possible Russian collusion. Wouldn't the logical thing for Comey to do be to keep quiet and document the President's attempts to obstruct justice in order to build a case against him?

If Comey notified Congress about this, it would have been leaked immediately and the President would have cut Comey off, hindering the FBI's investigation.

“There has been no effort to impede our investigation to date,” Mr. McCabe said. “Simply put, you cannot stop the men and women of the FBI from doing the right thing.”

It's not known that McCabe was aware of the memos at the time (I assume he would have been), but I agree that his statement raises eyebrows and demands an explanation ASAP.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 07:45:59 PM »

Absolutely.

Dianne Feinstein disagrees with you.

I often disagree with Feinstein, so that doesn't trouble me.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 09:30:49 PM »

It's a bad time for America.

Democrats should not be giddy, Hillary Clinton had tons of baggage and a Hillary Clinton presidency would have been slow of legislative accomplishments as well.

America is facing it's consequences.

Bronz.  Who can unite the country right now?

Mitch McConnell.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 10:05:47 PM »

What in the living hell?

https://twitter.com/gaywonk/status/864654037471424512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fpolitics%2Fcomments%2F6bh2ke%2Fmegathread_trump_tweets_defense_of_classified%2F
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies