Quinnipiac: De Blasio is very popular, would crush all rivals
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:59:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Quinnipiac: De Blasio is very popular, would crush all rivals
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quinnipiac: De Blasio is very popular, would crush all rivals  (Read 995 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2017, 02:05:32 PM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 02:08:05 PM »

Wonderful news! He is one of the best mayors in the nation and I am glad his constituents agree!
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 04:51:43 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2017, 04:54:31 PM by bronz4141 »

De Blasio still has baggage, from the newspapers. He avoids the press. He does play to play but he'll talk about ending stop and frisk and raising taxes on rich people. He'll win reelection, but his mayoralty has lots of flaws. He still has to do well with white voters. White New York voters are the swing voters. Staten Island and Queens isn't really fond.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:03:42 PM »

De Blasio still has baggage, from the newspapers. He avoids the press. He does play to play but he'll talk about ending stop and frisk and raising taxes on rich people. He'll win reelection, but his mayoralty has lots of flaws. He still has to do well with white voters. White New York voters are the swing voters. Staten Island and Queens isn't really fond.

But do white voters matter that much if he's getting 70-80% among non-white voters?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 05:40:05 PM »

But do white voters matter that much if he's getting 70-80% among non-white voters?

All Votes Matter
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:34 PM »

Since his being quoted elsewhere in the thread got around the fact I have bronz on ignore anyway, I'll simply point out that this is not a good representation of Queens demographics.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:57 PM »

Yes, some white liberal voters in his base of Park Slope, Gowanus, DUMBO. The outer-borough voters could be key, but I could see them going for him despite their disagreements with him.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 11:00:01 PM »

Since his being quoted elsewhere in the thread got around the fact I have bronz on ignore anyway, I'll simply point out that this is not a good representation of Queens demographics.

Badger, we're friends. Queens is a diverse borough, but white Queens voters are still a group of people that can determine mayoral elections. They did for Giuliani and Bloomberg.
peterthlee
China

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 11:27:22 PM »

By election day he will win 5-1.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 04:31:38 PM »

Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 11:31:35 PM »

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 01:18:45 PM »

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this

NYC has had various liberal Republican mayors in recent years.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies