Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:53:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 202238 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« on: May 18, 2017, 12:47:36 PM »

New low for Trump at fivethirtyeight with 39,6%. Still amazingly high.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 12:47:47 PM »

Meaning he is permanently losing a few percentages of people every time he does something stupid.
Well, if that was true he would have hit 0% approval in february. I do see your point and think it is generally true, but it should probably be that he loses a fraction of a percent more or less permanently whenever he does something stupid.

However, there is a hardcore base that will likely stick with him even if he rapes a kid on live TV.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 02:26:41 PM »

A dear. Whites still overall approve of Trump. What the actual .
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 01:16:14 PM »

89% of republicans are that dense. Amazing.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 02:32:41 AM »

I had to delete the NH thread because the usual suspects were derailing it with their trolling, but as you may know Trump called NH a "drug-infested den" in a telephone conversation with the Mexican president.

So don't be surprised if his disapproval goes up even more in the state, if that's even possible. Hopefully this helps Democrats take back the state for good in 2018.
How stupid are the people of Iowa didn't hurt him.

Anyway, loving Trumps terrible numbers in PA and MI. Now we just need to get IA and OH to the same realization.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 11:28:55 PM »

Just like Trump would have been screwed had he not inherited a lot of money from his father, so too would he have been screwed if he had not inherited a solid economy from Obama.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 02:15:42 PM »

Just noticed that the gap between Trumps approval rating and Obamas approval rating at the same stages of their presidencies, has been remarkably steady at around a 15-20 point advantage to Obama:

Black line is Obama and green line is Trump, if it wasn't already obvious.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »

Donald Trump is the greatest ever at getting past 60%. It's unbelievable.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 10:24:09 AM »

-Overall, nearly two in three Americans, 64% up slightly from 60% in March, report they are embarrassed by President Trump’s behavior.  29%, comparable to 30% previously, say they are proud.
Those 29% that are somehow still "proud" of Trump's behaviour are probably completely out of reach of common sense. So that is likely Trump's floor almost regardless of what he does. Sad that the number is that high. You pretty much know which side of the Charlotteville "debate" these guys are on.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 12:21:24 PM »

@Mondale, that graphic is telling and further provides the evidence of a Balkanization of America. The fact that high % of Trump voters say white persecution is a thing here in the US is mind-boggling but they really do believe it. Per my other post in the other thread, the die-hard GOP is at the us vs. them stage at this point.
I'll go farther. That poll is super scary. Even as pessimistic as I am, I could hardly believe those numbers.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 12:49:52 PM »

@Mondale, that graphic is telling and further provides the evidence of a Balkanization of America. The fact that high % of Trump voters say white persecution is a thing here in the US is mind-boggling but they really do believe it. Per my other post in the other thread, the die-hard GOP is at the us vs. them stage at this point.
I'll go farther. That poll is super scary. Even as pessimistic as I am, I could hardly believe those numbers.
I mean, almost HALF of the respondents agree with the INSANE proposition that there is "a lot of dicrimination against white people". I mean, for f**k's sake. How ignorant would you have to be to honestly believe that. Jesus.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 01:00:18 PM »

I don't see how you can look at those numbers and not say most Republicans are racist. That party has gone completely off the rails.
Absolutely. There is NO excuse anymore.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 02:18:46 PM »

I think it will be big among the "remember when" crowd and huge in the South. We may end up with a revivalist "The South Will Rise Again" crowd, supported by many more people. Already it has been propped up in Central and SW VA (Confederate flags popping up all over the place) due to the us vs. them angle and lack of economic opportunity.

I don't know about "may"...it's pretty clear that this crowd exists, and in quite large numbers.

Also, about your last sentence regarding racism and the lack of economic opportunity, you may want to read this

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I just want to put this out here to challenge the notion that improving peoples' economic conditions will help decrease racism.
Yup. I never believed that there was much of a correlation. The whole idea that people vote for right wing populists (not just Trump, but all over the world) due to economic anxiety is basically bull. There just happens to be a correlation between low education and adherence to right wing populist ideas, that is unrelated to actual income levels.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 12:57:46 AM »

My takeaways from the Marist poll:

• 37% of Republicans say the government has gone too far in expanding the right to protest or criticize the government
  • Democrats are about evenly divided on whether Confederate Statues should be removed or not: 44% remain, 47% remove
  • 43% of non-college Whites agree with the beliefs of BLM, compared to 40% who disagree

I really don't like generalizing entire segments of the electorate, but after reading every statistic from the poll, I can't help but come to the conclusion that Republicans are more tribal than Democrats.

Those are better numbers for BLM among non-college whites than I expected

That's also vastly better numbers for Confederate statues among Democrats then I would've ever dreamed. There has to be something beyond "Jim Webb Democrats" actually existing in non-negligible numbers.
I'm not sure that much can be deduced from the question on confederate statues. I mean, there are perfectly reasonable reasons why one might want to keep them as historical and cultural artifacts.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 08:48:06 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2017, 08:49:58 AM by BlueSwan »

Rasmussen, Aug 16:

Approve 40 (25 strongly)
Disapprove 58 (48 strongly)

On Friday he was at 45/53, so that's a net change of -10.

Rasmussen, August 17, 2017

Approve 40% (24% strongly)
Disapprove 59% (49% strongly)

Also...

Wow. All the congressional leaders have even worse approval ratings than Trump. Crazy.

I can sort of understand the low approval for Pelosi and McConnell given that they have been objects of hate for the opposing party for years and years (and McConnell is evil incarnated, of course). But what the hell have Paul Ryan and Chuck Schumer done to deserve this?

Personally, I do hate McConnell passionately, but I don't have strong feelings towards Paul Ryan either way. And I like Pelosi and Schumer quite a lot.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »

Oh dear.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 12:34:02 PM »

Are anybody meeting people who thought that what Trump did over the weekend was fine, but then suddenly turned after tuesday? I doubt that very many of those people exist, unfortunately.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 10:57:47 AM »

Opinion Savvy:

Approve 43% (35% Strongly)
Disapprove 55% (51% Strongly)

Source
Ughh.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 11:52:41 AM »

Opinion Savvy:

Approve 43% (35% Strongly)
Disapprove 55% (51% Strongly)

Source
Lefties They're throwing bile everywhere

51% strong disapproval? At that point, 'strong disapproval' is going into the political center.

Face it: conservatives are beginning to dislike the President. A couple days ago, MSNBC showed many public disavowals of the President's statements on the violence and extremism at the "Unite the Right" rally. MSNBC showed no Democratic condemnations. It needed not do so. Elected Republican officials are beginning to see President Trump as a political liability.

At this point, the President, should he run for re-election, will face a primary challenge in the general election or will find a third-party or independent campaign gutting his support.  
Don't count on it. The Republicans always fall into line eventually.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 12:58:03 PM »

Well, so far we're not seeing this at all.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 10:34:53 AM »

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! No way to get reelected in those three key states with those numbers
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 02:35:03 AM »

Approve of Trump: 43.4%
Oppose Impeachment: 43.5%

Disapprove of Trump: 55.1%
Support Impeachment: 53.0%

Basically, the only people who oppose impeachment are the ones who approve of him. Only a tiny handful of those who disapprove of him are against removing him from office. Surely this is unprecedented?
I suppose theoretically a partisan republican might "approve" of Trump in a poll while still wanting him impeaced because he's an embarrassment or they prefer Pence or whatever. Just like myself and many other liberals strongly disapprove of Trump but are against impeachment for various reasons.

There is also some bias likely going on. I don't support impeachment currently, but if a pollster asked me, I might still answer "yes" to show my strong disapproval of Trump.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 01:01:29 PM »

Why do 5% of Black people have a favorable view of white supremacists?
Small subsample.

Probably some guy who misunderstood the question or doesn't know what white supremacy entails.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 11:23:09 PM »

Fun fact- in January 1983, Ronald Reagan's approval rating was 35%. He went on to come within 10,000 votes of winning every single electoral vote.

Are you suggesting Trump will make a comeback, or that this is all stupid because he could just as easily make a comeback before 2020.

In either case, I'd argue that there are fundamental differences between Reagan and Trump, ones that seem to prevent Donald from actually being able to repair his image. So far Trump just keeps making things worse, and without any ability to discipline himself and listen to strategists, he'll never be able to recover significantly. It takes effort and doing the right things to win people back, and Trump's freewheeling "let Trump be Trump" nature is exactly what has led to this decline.

Also, he's offended many Americans in ways that simply can't be repaired easily. It's why at a time of a relatively stable economy, he is in the dumps like this.

This is what's still blowing my mind. In an economy like this, ANY OTHER PRESIDENT would be at 60% approve and 34% disapprove, not the other way around like Trump.
Not in this political climate though. Hillary would probably have been around 50% now.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 03:06:43 PM »

It has been shown that surveys are mostly drawn up in large cities and Democrat bastions, they are not reliable. Honest and hardworking people know the truth.
Seriously...when are we going to ban this idiot? Isn't this supposed to be at least a somewhat serious political forum?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies