Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:04:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 202812 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 18, 2017, 12:20:37 PM »

Technically, this should be 1.1 as the Obama 2.0 thread covered his 2nd term approvals. It just goes to show how obsessed with approval Trump is that he managed to exhaust a thread in four months that Obama could make last four years.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 07:21:58 AM »

I think there's a difference between "giving a positive job rating" and approving. Some Republicans could give him a negative job rating but still approve, for example. But I could see a violent swing against Trump in Michigan  (and the upper midwest in general).
Indeed. That same article says earlier that 37% of Michiganers have a favorable opinion of Trump. Unless Clinton tries for a rematch, I can't see Trump winning the state again if he runs in 2020.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 05:08:43 PM »

I actually don't. I want him to be in office during the midterms, and if he's removed too quickly, the GOP could plausibly say "we had no idea this lunatic was going to be this bad" and there's a non-negligible chance that voters forget all about it by the time of the next election. The GOP needs to reap what it sowed with Trump.

On the contrary, I think impeachment/removal from office could destroy the GOP's majorities for the next 2 or so cycles.

Doubtful, while Nixon hurt the GOP in 1974, by 1976 he'd stopped hurting them and they lost no Senate seats. 76 was generally an election that favored incumbents, no matter the party.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 10:54:08 PM »

I'd imagine his blunder over the Charlottesville incident will squander his approval rating again.

Maybe a point or two, but more likely it just prevents a rebound.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 05:54:06 AM »

By god.... The House election is gonna be a bloodbath.
Unfortunately not. The House is so gerrymandered that at best the Democrats barely regain nominal control of the House.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 03:14:15 PM »

By god.... The House election is gonna be a bloodbath.
Unfortunately not. The House is so gerrymandered that at best the Democrats barely regain nominal control of the House.

If it's at 34% now, imagine how low it will be in by the midterms, especially if the Government shuts down over wall funding.
There no doubt will be brinksmanship, but I'll only believe a government shutdown is a real possibility when it actually happens.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 09:31:48 PM »

Those WV numbers for Trump are awful.

Half the state didn't even vote last election

Trump technically won something like 35% of the voting population

According to Wikipedia, the turnout for West Virginia was 59%.
That would have been 59% of the registered voters, not of the voting age population which includes those not registered for whatever reason.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies