Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:18:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 202122 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« on: May 25, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »

I don't know if this is the right place to put it, but new polling on the AHCA.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2461

And this numbers came before the CBO came out.......
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »

GOP really going to go to bat for a President with a 34% approval rating?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 12:38:33 PM »

I'm not calling anyone out in this thread, but overall, this thread is an example of what is wrong with American politics. We are essentially in campaign mode 24/7, much more concerned with politician numbers than with policy. Furthermore, our number 1 goal is not to deal with policy, but to defeat our political "enemies", aka the other side.

This is a problem on both sides and I do not see it ending anytime soon. If a democrat gets into office in 2020, I think you'll see immediate opposition from the republicans.

It's a problem in the modern era when peddling constant outrage and opposition sells at the polls, while coming together to form policy doesn't sell at all.

It's a mirror opposite of post ww2 america.

Lol, cry me a river.

Your president is deeply unpopular and pushes for terrible legislation. So save me the bothsides, moral preening bull****.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2017, 12:56:08 PM by Yank2133 »

I'm not calling anyone out in this thread, but overall, this thread is an example of what is wrong with American politics. We are essentially in campaign mode 24/7, much more concerned with politician numbers than with policy. Furthermore, our number 1 goal is not to deal with policy, but to defeat our political "enemies", aka the other side.

This is a problem on both sides and I do not see it ending anytime soon. If a democrat gets into office in 2020, I think you'll see immediate opposition from the republicans.

It's a problem in the modern era when peddling constant outrage and opposition sells at the polls, while coming together to form policy doesn't sell at all.

Lol, cry me a river.

Your president is deeply unpopular and pushes for terrible legislation. So save me the bothsides, moral preening bull****.

You misread my post. Trump in many ways deserves low approvals right now. Slow, half-assed legislation and constant investigation intrigue is deserving of scorn. BUT, that doesn't mean politicians in congress don't have a duty to craft policy they were elected to put forward. Sometimes we forget that it is the legislation branch that is supposed to form legislation and vote on it, while the executive branch can veto and execute.

Well, this isn't a "bothsides" problem, but a GOP one.

Democrats have been willing to work on things like infrastructure and the ACA for years now, it is the GOP who shuts down any attempts to do so.

You want a functional legislative branch, then you have to get rid of the GOP.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 12:58:56 PM »

Lol, cry me a river.

You misread my post. Trump in many ways deserves low approvals right now. Slow, half-assed legislation and constant investigation intrigue is deserving of scorn. BUT, that doesn't mean politicians in congress don't have a duty to craft policy they were elected to put forward. Sometimes we forget that it is the legislation branch that is supposed to form legislation and vote on it, while the executive branch can veto and execute.

Well, this isn't a "bothsides" problem, but a GOP one.

Democrats have been willing to work on things like infrastructure and the ACA for years now, it is the GOP who shuts down any attempts to do so.

You want a functionally legislative branch, then you have to get rid of the GOP.

We'll see. Trump admin is currently pitching infrastructure. If a bill comes up in congress, you have a duty to vote for it if you support better infrastructure. Period.

Trump's infrastructure plan is a privatization scam. Democrats shouldn't vote for a **** bill just because Trump calls it infrastructure.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 12:03:55 PM »

He has finally reached 60% disapproval on Gallup.

Congrats, Mr. President!
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 01:08:50 PM »

He has finally reached 60% disapproval on Gallup.

Congrats, Mr. President!

I remember at one point they compared how long it took all the presidents to reach 50% disapproval. Anybody have the numbers for 60%? I'm pretty sure Obama never hit 60% on Gallup, at least.

Carter: Never
Reagan: Never
H.W. Bush:1,288
Clinton: Never
W. Bush: 1,756
Obama: Never
Trump: 144

I know it is early, but House Republicans are toast. Gallup may be a bit of an outlier, but it falls in line with what we have seen with Trump's numbers the last month.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 07:24:06 PM »

So president douche has gone to Iowa for a victory lap over Handel winning. Seriously Obama never attacked like this cons so what "revenge" is this?

Let him.

All of this will be hilarious a year from now.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »

Republicans voters now realize Trump is incompetent when it comes to policy?

Well, it is progress at least.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 12:08:51 PM »

Approve 36% (-2)
Disapprove 58% (+1)

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 02:10:17 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2017, 02:12:39 PM by Yank2133 »

Speaking of the economy, it is still mind-boggling that Trump's numbers are in the tank with a fairly healthy economy.

If he had just shut up and had and semblance of self discipline, he would be around 50+ right now. That is what Clinton did in the late 90s, just ride the good economy to high approval ratings.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 03:05:53 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2017, 03:08:04 PM by Yank2133 »

so he's -20 in approval, how would this translate if the election were held today? how many of the disapproving would vote for him?

It depends on the Democratic nominee.

If the nominee has terrible favorablities like Hillary did, then Trump would have a good chance of winning. But if the nominee's personal favorablities are in good shape, then Trump is extremely vulnerable.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »

Trump hit 40% today. It feels he hasn't hit that mark since May.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 12:03:21 AM »

It is mind-boggling how Trump has a 36% approval rating with a good economy.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »

Trump's blowing it like Obama in getting a full agenda through.  Trump and Obama might end up in the same position where they hardly get through their campaign promises before the rival party takes control of one house or both houses of Congress and then the next 2-6 are a big screaming match.

lol at this sad attempt of both sides.

The 111th congress was the most productive congress since the mid-1960s. Obama disappointed in some areas, but he got a ton of **** done and no president of the last 30-35 years really compares when it comes to legislative achievements.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »

Yeah, it might be time for Republicans to start panicking.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »

I wouldn't start celebrating/panicking just yet with so much time till the midterms. Still, his approvals are approaching the point of no return.

The thing is we are quickly moving pass the honeymoon phase and Trump's numbers are in the dump. And Trump doesn't have the political smarts like Bill Clinton to get himself out of this mess.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 12:50:38 PM »

What would be the point of no return approval number? 30%? I think if Trump gets too low he will pull an LBJ and not run for reelection.

If he gets below 30% then he will face a primary.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 12:54:37 PM »

I wouldn't start celebrating/panicking just yet with so much time till the midterms. Still, his approvals are approaching the point of no return.

The thing is we are quickly moving pass the honeymoon phase and Trump's numbers are in the dump. And Trump doesn't have the political smarts like Bill Clinton to get himself out of this mess.

Still, Teflon Don seems to recover if he goes a week without a major gaff due to an extremely low bar. Granted, its been 2ish months of sub 40 approval ratings so I'm going to remain cautious.

He isn't a Teflon though.

His numbers have been consistently underwater since June. This isn't just noise anymore, he has clearly lost support with key demographics that supported him in November.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 08:40:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lmao!

Trump is such a **** up that he is getting failing grades on stuff that hasn't happened yet.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 12:09:27 PM »

Not surprised.

The response to Charlottesville was atrocious. Moral leadership is the one thing everyone regardless of their political beliefs expect from the President of the United States. And Trump failed to do that spectacularly.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 11:59:35 AM »

Wow. Trumps collapse in the Midwest is stunning. It appears they may be snapping back to something closer to their 2012 pvi than 2016.

I don't think it is stunning at all.

He wasn't popular during the GE. Undecided just hated Hillary more then him. He was always on a short leash with the voters.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 10:10:15 PM »

Trump, PM May, Abe, and Macron all have approval ratings in the 30s.

Are these all for different reasons, or are there some international factors as well?

No broad-based economic recovery from the great recession.

Not really.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 02:38:12 PM »

Those WV numbers for Trump are awful.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 03:12:02 PM »

Gallup (September 2nd)

Approve 34% (-/-)
Disapprove 61% (-/-)

I don't see a Harvey bump coming out of this. He's just too hated. Besides, his response hasn't been great compared to Obama's towards Sandy.

I have said it before. But his response to Charlottesville was a watershed moment. No one is going to buy his response to any disaster or tragedy for the rest of his term.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies