Biden disses Clinton again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:32:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden disses Clinton again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Biden disses Clinton again  (Read 2757 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 07:33:10 PM »

Uncle Joe is absolutely right. He should have run in 2016. With Obama's support, he would have won the nomination and then beat the Donald.

I thought most insider accounts said Obama actually preferred Hillary for president, which is why he didn't really want Joe to run.

If true, a bad decision by Obama.  Obama was popular and Biden had a standing as the logical heir to Obama's legacy in the campaign.  Biden would also not have to had defended the misadventures of Bill Clinton and the Bill Clinton Administration.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 07:34:08 PM »

Uncle Joe is absolutely right. He should have run in 2016. With Obama's support, he would have won the nomination and then beat the Donald.

I thought most insider accounts said Obama actually preferred Hillary for president, which is why he didn't really want Joe to run.

If true, a bad decision by Obama.  Obama was popular and Biden had a standing as the logical heir to Obama's legacy in the campaign.  Biden would also not have to had defended the misadventures of Bill Clinton and the Bill Clinton Administration.

Someone who couldn't bring himself to fire DWS was never going to stand up to Hillary in the 2016 primary.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »

Maybe because Biden failed to gain any popularity in 2008 & Hillary was neck to neck or because Joe was considered a somewhat uncontrolled weirdo old guy (he is only 1 year younger than Bernie) & Hillary had a firm grip on the money & people (Super-delegates, Super pac money etc).

It was obvious, look at how Obama behaved gushing over Hillary & not giving 1 word of encouragement for Biden when Biden's own Democrat party has all coalesced around Hillary. Can you imagine the humiliation? The Sitting VP had 0 Super-delegates (maybe he would had 50-100) while the Ex-Secretary of State had 450 before even the votes! Biden was very disappointed !

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 06:20:19 PM »

Biden would've been much stronger than Hillary, in my humble opinion. He wouldn't be bogged down by corruption and he's much more likable than Hillary. If Biden would win, that's a different question. I could see the race being competitive, but it could go either way for Trump or Biden. A Biden-Warner ticket would be epic, but I think the Berniecrats would throw a tantrum because they're both moderates.

Although, some sources said that Biden wanted Elizabeth Warren as VP, which would crash Biden's campaign. They're both old, and Elizabeth Warren is worse than Hillary (to me at least). Not to mention, Warren doesn't bring any states to the table.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 01:38:30 AM »

Biden has a lot of problems, TPP, NAFTA supporting, ex pro-life, Iraq war supporting, Patriot act supporting guy who brought harsher sentences, literally was a champion for the Crime Bill in the 90's which hurt African Americans, introduced capital punishment for new crimes.

Even if you ignore his record, he is a walking talking gaffe machine prone to making racist & sexist jokes. And I am even going to go into his creepy mannerisms with people's wives or daughter. He is actually a decent bloke who has no self-control ! Don't know how that will play out in a campaign.

I understand why the Dems wanted Hillary over him !
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2017, 08:47:07 AM »

Biden has a lot of problems, TPP, NAFTA supporting, ex pro-life, Iraq war supporting, Patriot act supporting guy who brought harsher sentences, literally was a champion for the Crime Bill in the 90's which hurt African Americans, introduced capital punishment for new crimes.

Even if you ignore his record, he is a walking talking gaffe machine prone to making racist & sexist jokes. And I am even going to go into his creepy mannerisms with people's wives or daughter. He is actually a decent bloke who has no self-control ! Don't know how that will play out in a campaign.

I understand why the Dems wanted Hillary over him !

Charisma.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2017, 09:21:26 AM »

Never thought I'd see the day that Shadows would support Hillary over another Democratic candidate.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 10:14:37 AM »

Never thought I'd see the day that Shadows would support Hillary over another Democratic candidate.

Ohh Biden is better IMO, one of the poorest guy in the Senate without the lies, dishonesty, inauthenticity, corruption & many others issues with Clinton!

I am saying Biden has a lot of faults & isn't a very good GE candidate - When you see him in a long primary battle, his approvals will tank. If I had to take a moderate Democrat, I would take Al Gore, fantastic on climate change, opposed the Iraq war, did a lot for the internet boom & is also serious about tackling the debt. If you could pair him up with a person like Warren as VP, that would be a moderate New Democrat more acceptable IMO !
uti2

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2017, 10:38:54 AM »

Ohh Biden is better IMO, one of the poorest guy in the Senate without the lies, dishonesty, inauthenticity, corruption & many others issues with Clinton!

I am saying Biden has a lot of faults & isn't a very good GE candidate - When you see him in a long primary battle, his approvals will tank. If I had to take a moderate Democrat, I would take Al Gore, fantastic on climate change, opposed the Iraq war, did a lot for the internet boom & is also serious about tackling the debt. If you could pair him up with a person like Warren as VP, that would be a moderate New Democrat more acceptable IMO !

This is a hilarious comment, back in 2000, the naderbros (the predecessors to the berniebros) were making the same slurs against Gore that they made against Hillary in 2016.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2017, 09:13:07 PM »

How easy we forget 2013-2014 when Hillary was the most popular, seemingly unbeatable, politician in the country. Who wouldn't have wanted her to be the nominee at that point?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 01:18:40 PM »

How easy we forget 2013-2014 when Hillary was the most popular, seemingly unbeatable, politician in the country. Who wouldn't have wanted her to be the nominee at that point?

Because she wasn't campaigning and no other names had recognition. Biden wasn't even considered until it looked like Sanders was the alternative and Clinton was having trouble locking it up.

But if Biden HAD made efforts back then...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 01:23:56 PM »

It's only because she was a (former) Secretary of State, not involved for some time in domestic political fields. SoSs are almost always quite popular but the moment she got into the race, her unpopularity, which was kind of frozen, became a problem again.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 01:28:20 PM »

Anyway, Biden is basically beating a dead horse at this point. Joe, you should have ran, but you missed the opportunity, so shut up, please.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies