Andrew Cuomo says Jewish people can't dance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:25:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Andrew Cuomo says Jewish people can't dance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo says Jewish people can't dance  (Read 2501 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2018, 05:54:32 PM »

Wait...people are actually getting offended by this?  Seriously?
It's just dumb and creates an unnecessary controversy.

Does it though?  I'm genuinely perplexed about how this could be controversial.  I mean, I hate Cuomo as much as the next Democrat, but this feels like it's grasping at straws at best.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 06:00:18 PM »

When Teachout challenged him, she was called anti-semitic for saying that she would follow Obama on Israel. Talk about a double standard there.

As a Jewish person, I am far less offended by some dumbass making jokes about my dancing skills than I am about a US President attempting to topple Israel's prime minister and responding to his failure by attempting to fatally knife Israel at the UN.

OTOH, you aren't at all offended when an Israeli prime minister acts like a Republican mouthpiece and tries to prop up Republican candidates.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 06:07:18 PM »

Is he Cartman in disguise?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2018, 11:25:31 PM »

Why the hell would a guy running for governor in a state with a large Jewish population say this? I mean, seriously.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2018, 12:03:22 AM »

Why the hell would a guy running for governor in a state with a large Jewish population say this? I mean, seriously.

Because corrupt Cuomo and his band of IDC thugs think they are untouchable
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2018, 05:33:53 AM »

When Teachout challenged him, she was called anti-semitic for saying that she would follow Obama on Israel. Talk about a double standard there.

As a Jewish person, I am far less offended by some dumbass making jokes about my dancing skills than I am about a US President attempting to topple Israel's prime minister and responding to his failure by attempting to fatally knife Israel at the UN.

And as a Jewish person, I am much less offended by a U.S. President kinda disliking my Prime Minister (who's clearly an a**hole personally btw) and much more offended by said Prime Minister being a corrupt wannabe-despot who, for years, has been inciting Jews against their brothers and sisters for political gain. Netanyahu has done much, much more damage to the unity and thus the very well-being of the Jewish people than Obama ever could do.
On a serious note, Obama definitely didn't try to topple Bibi- if he did, he'd have actively stopped this farce of a speech before Congress that Netanyahu gave two weeks before election day. If anyone intervened in the Israeli election, it's the Republicans who actively helped Likud.

I do agree, though, that Cuomo's dumb joke is much less offending than Teachout being, for weeks, unable to say whether she supports or opposes the antisemitic BDS.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2018, 04:38:17 PM »

I’d like to see Cuomo keep the rhythm while holding someone on a chair. I still prefer him over Not Sara Jessica Parker tho
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2018, 05:12:46 PM »

What are the odds that Nixon gets the WF party endorsement if Cuomo keeps this stuff up?

Zero. The Working Families Party is just a tool of various union leaders, who are definitely not going to endorse a wealthy actress outsider.

Anyway, yeah, people saying this will have an impact clearly have never been to New York. And probably don't know any Jews, either.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2018, 08:59:36 PM »

i mean did he lie i can testify from my friend's bat mitzvah
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies