GOPers and GOP leaners only: Whose the best/least worst Dem President Since 1964(other than Clinton)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:36:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  GOPers and GOP leaners only: Whose the best/least worst Dem President Since 1964(other than Clinton)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: GOPers and GOP leaners only: Whose the best/least worst Dem President Since 1964(other than Clinton)
Lyndon Johnson

Jimmy Carter

Barack Obama

Joe Biden

Not a Republican or a Republican Leaner

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: GOPers and GOP leaners only: Whose the best/least worst Dem President Since 1964(other than Clinton)  (Read 197 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 21, 2023, 03:08:23 PM »

Flip Side of the other question.  This is a difficult question for me. I probably would go with LBJ out of everyone here due to the CRA/VRA/Medicare/Medicaid even though Vietnam was a disaster and I do believe that the War on Poverty failed.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 03:23:09 PM »

Flip Side of the other question.  This is a difficult question for me. I probably would go with LBJ out of everyone here due to the CRA/VRA/Medicare/Medicaid even though Vietnam was a disaster and I do believe that the War on Poverty failed.

When you consider these as achievements, it's actually not that surprising when Clinton doesn't count. Carter would also make sense though because of these he has the least liberal achivements.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 03:24:29 PM »

I didn't vote in the poll, because I don't think I currently qualify as GOP leaning, but:

[1] Biden
[2] Obama
[3] LBJ
[4] Carter
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 03:35:55 PM »

When you consider these as achievements, it's actually not that surprising when Clinton doesn't count. Carter would also make sense though because of these he has the least liberal achivements.

Carter has the least liberal achievements but he was also the least competent president by far out of these four and people forget that much of what a president does isnt really just passing conservative/liberal policies and Carter was by far the worst on that regard.

I also think his foreign policy was a disaster as well so thats not much of a positive for him here over LBJ.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies