Who will be the first female President of the United States? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:12:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Who will be the first female President of the United States? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who will be the first female President of the United States?  (Read 1321 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 22, 2017, 10:03:13 PM »

I am pessimistic about this.  It was 32 years from Al Smith, the first Catholic nominee, losing in 1928 to JFK winning in 1960 and 24 years from Jesse Jackson's first Dem primary run to Obama's win.

I think a woman who doesn't currently hold elected office will win the presidency sometime in the 2040's.  She will be someone born in the 1990's or later.

My thoughts as well. I also think that United States will be more comfortable electing a woman if she's a Republican.
People used to say in the 90's/early 00's that the first African-American President had to be a Republican, and probably a hardline conservative or a military guy.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 10:50:03 PM »

I am pessimistic about this.  It was 32 years from Al Smith, the first Catholic nominee, losing in 1928 to JFK winning in 1960 and 24 years from Jesse Jackson's first Dem primary run to Obama's win.

I think a woman who doesn't currently hold elected office will win the presidency sometime in the 2040's.  She will be someone born in the 1990's or later.

My thoughts as well. I also think that United States will be more comfortable electing a woman if she's a Republican.
People used to say in the 90's/early 00's that the first African-American President had to be a Republican, and probably a hardline conservative or a military guy.

The talk was that it would be Colin Powell, who was military and a Republican, but not hardline conservative.
No, though he was sometimes included as an example of a Republican military-man. The other option would be that it would be a conservative hardliner, like a black megachurch pastor who went into politics and was very conservative on social issues.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies