DCCC expands their target list (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:37:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DCCC expands their target list (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DCCC expands their target list  (Read 9198 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: May 22, 2017, 12:57:31 PM »

Wow, all of them are conservative districts.

Well obviously. Any Republican-held district that is in any way not "conservative" is going to be on the first list. Unless you're referring to a specific type of conservatism?

Anyway, I like this list, although I wish AK-AL, UT-04, and OH-16 were on there (I'm probably forgetting a few). Also MT-AL but that's a special case since it could have a Democratic incumbent (and if Gianforte wins, their decision will have to depend on his margin on Thursday). Good mix of rural and suburban districts.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:01:01 PM »

I'm surprised that my congressman made it on this list since he seems inoffensive and uncontroversial and in a comfortably Republican district.

Assuming you're in VA, I wouldn't call either Garrett or Brat "inoffensive" or "uncontroversial." Fair point about them being in comfortably Republican districts, although it makes sense that they would be listed as wave insurance.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 04:03:37 PM »

I'm surprised that my congressman made it on this list since he seems inoffensive and uncontroversial and in a comfortably Republican district.
low

Assuming you're in VA, I wouldn't call either Garrett or Brat "inoffensive" or "uncontroversial." Fair point about them being in comfortably Republican districts, although it makes sense that they would be listed as wave insurance.

Hell, Garrett is pro (ish) pot. He voted against the first obamacare repeal. He's no Robert Hurt, but he's also no Virgil Goode. I cant think of anything Garrett has said or done that would single him out from a generic republican. If Colonel tobacco lobbyist couldn't get elected in the 5th against a generic republican, I dont know who can.

I was thinking of that "small potatoes" comment he made. Obviously not enough to beat him by itself, but I wouldn't call him "inoffensive." Plus he voted in favor of the second Obamacare repeal attempt, which is what matters (unless there's a third one later).

And yeah, both Dakotas should be targeted, although I'm not optimistic about either.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 06:03:26 PM »

I think NY-02 is a safe bet for being added to this list soon.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 11:05:22 PM »

Not that this is particularly likely in Turner's case specifically (he's only 57), but I think it's a good idea to contest any district that looks competitive even if the incumbent is popular, since there could be a surprise retirement for all we know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies