When you knew Trump would win...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:25:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  When you knew Trump would win...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: When you knew Trump would win...  (Read 4390 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2017, 10:13:16 PM »
« edited: May 31, 2017, 10:16:53 PM by Tetro Kornbluth »

First I drank. Then I went to the microphone to announce the rest of the audience at the grad watch party (who were still in denial mode) that T***p was going to win and that they'd better start dealing with it. Then I drank. Then I pestered a bunch of friends with incoherent rants about how nothing makes sense anymore. Then I drank. Then I threw up and had to be driven back home.

...yeah, I'm not proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aegU-_LGBak&list=PLx2P3rFQIlRMcFfUPvteRGTDlsb3TEfl8

EDIT: Also, this seems relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rXtuuUpBe0
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2017, 10:35:21 PM »

First I drank. Then I went to the microphone to announce the rest of the audience at the grad watch party (who were still in denial mode) that T***p was going to win and that they'd better start dealing with it. Then I drank. Then I pestered a bunch of friends with incoherent rants about how nothing makes sense anymore. Then I drank. Then I threw up and had to be driven back home.

...yeah, I'm not proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aegU-_LGBak&list=PLx2P3rFQIlRMcFfUPvteRGTDlsb3TEfl8

I won't say that my rants made more sense than this guy's, but at least mine had genuine emotion in them. Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2017, 10:40:41 PM »

The morning after was incredible. I remember how beautiful the morning was. It was like Dear Prudence: the sun was up, the sky is blue, it's beautiful.....

I was still sorta drunk on my walk, because I didn't quit drinking until 5:00 AM when I ran out of liquor. I smoked some reefer and set out through the FSU campus at 6:00 AM. I spent an hour on the phone with my uncle, who was already on the road in his rig bound for Jacksonville, and we both were still in shock. He actually woke up to use the bathroom just in time for Trump's victory speech. I got a text at like 3:30 AM from him that read "OMG." We were both elated. My parents are more or less apolitical, and my Grandma sleeps in to at least noon on a good day, so I had nobody to gloat with the day after.

The day after the day after, I had my first incident of post election TDS. Two girls behind me started honking at me and tailgating me through the parking lot. I slammed on the breaks and they barely avoided hitting me, and that is when I realized that I was in for a rough time.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2017, 11:57:11 PM »

The day after the day after, I had my first incident of post election TDS. Two girls behind me started honking at me and tailgating me through the parking lot. I slammed on the breaks and they barely avoided hitting me, and that is when I realized that I was in for a rough time.

Lol
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2017, 09:35:27 PM »

...yeah, I'm not proud.

I won't say that my rants made more sense than this guy's, but at least mine had genuine emotion in them. Tongue

This is truly, truly a terrible take.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2017, 10:23:59 PM »

...yeah, I'm not proud.

This is truly, truly a terrible take.

??

In all seriousness, I have no idea what your point is.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2017, 10:53:46 PM »

I was at a watch party, though not the official one being held by the local field office. I had originally planned to go to the official one later in the evening but got very concerned as Virginia started to come in poorly. Celebratory drinking soured quickly after that. Some other folks in the room weren't quite so well versed in politics and began to ask me and some friends what was going on, and if everything was okay. We told them it wasn't. As Florida began to come in, we left for a bar knowing it was only going to get worse.

Stayed at the bar pretty late, amid somber compatriots, occasionally yelling at the Politico app on my phone. Coming home from the bar, I ran into an Indian-American friend from Dearborn who had also been out drinking, she hugged me, told me she felt that Michigan had betrayed her, and we cried.

I woke up the next morning and it felt like a fog. There was a literal fog that morning, but everyone seemed foggy on top of it. Strangers would look you in the eye, and you knew their pain. It was very strange.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2017, 03:21:56 AM »

By the time I went to bed it appeared Pennsylvania was going for Trump along with Wisconsin. Even with Michigan too close to call I knew it was over. The next morning I got up and immediately checked my phone hoping it may be something that happened overnight.

With a six and eight year old son the only thing my wife and I could do during the campaign was explain to them comma especially since I am involved in the local Republican Party, is that Donald Trump was a very rude man who said a lot of rude things. Rude words is our family phrase for when something profane unexpectedly blurts out of the TV.

We got the kids up for school the next morning and I explained to them with my wife sitting her eyes filled with tears that the rude man, mr. Trump was elected president the night before. They looked kind of worried. I explained to them we still love America, and even people we love sometimes make mistakes, and last night America made a mistake. But it does not change the fact I told them that we still love America. I've been took them outside to the flag pole in our front yard where we said the Pledge of Allegiance together to remind them that we should always love our country even when it makes decisions we disagree with. I'm sad to say my wife was so upset and heartbroken she couldn't come outside with us and recite the pledge.Sad
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2017, 02:52:54 PM »

It was around 6 or 7 a.m. in Germany, where I was. I stayed up all night to watch the Election. When Pennsylvania was called for Trump by the AP, I knew it was over. I was in denial until this. I felt something was very wrong when 538 didn't do their scheduled video update.

I then did a group call over Skype with a friend staying in Hong Kong who saw this when she got home from Uni, and another friend from France that had just woken up and had decided to skip his morning classes to talk about this mess. I proceeded to take a well-deserved nap.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2017, 03:22:44 PM »

Once Fox News called Wisconsin, I knew it was over. One of the happiest moments of my life.
I waited to pop the champagne until it was confirmed the old witch had conceded, but WI was it. Such an incredible shock!
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2017, 04:15:05 PM »

When he reached 270. I refused to believe it until then.

I'm happy he did though, but it was a bit bittersweet. I really did like Clinton. Up until maybe early 2015 I was pulling for her. This was the first election I can recall where I actually liked, more or less, both candidates. Which is a bit odd, considering both candidates are among the most hated we've had. Tongue
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2017, 04:23:02 PM »

I subconsciously knew it when Michigan and Minnesota were declared too close to call, but I wasn't willing to admit it until the morning after the election.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2017, 07:22:07 PM »

After Wisconsin was called for Drumpft, I knew this was over. I complained to a couple friends, had a good cry for like 20 mins, went to sleep, then woke up, put my big boy pants on, and carried on with life.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2017, 01:23:49 AM »

Once it looked like WA, MI, and PA went for Trump all I did was think how dumb the pundits were thinking Clinton still had a chance. I watched his victory speech then went to sleep feeling pretty indifferent.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2017, 01:49:23 PM »

I had a small feeling that he might have been able to do it all throughout the campaign, however, I didn't really believe it. When he was ahead in Florida with 98% in is probably when I knew he would win.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2017, 02:42:08 PM »

Jack Daniels. I did Jack Daniels.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2017, 04:17:12 PM »

Satander will be by to ridicule this post later.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2017, 05:58:20 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2017, 06:00:04 PM by gottsu »

About 4-5 a.m (European time)I still followed the election night coverage on CNN/Fox via Internet and had blasting Polish TV stations in my bedroom which also covered the elections and I was also active on Polish Facebook group about US politics. It was half past six in the morning, my parents were getting ready for work, I just went to kitchen for something to eat, and I saw them watching election coverage, and they asked me "What do you think about it?" (they mostly follow Polish politics), I replied "I am a bit angry and sad, because Clinton will probably lose this". I came back to my room, and started following all the stuff again. Later, on my own, I realized this election is over to Clinton, but I was still waiting for her concession speech and also for Trump for his victory speech, but the hours were passing by, and none of these candidates was showing up, so I finally (but I was not tired at all) padded down on ca. 8:30 a.m (European time).
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2017, 11:46:20 PM »

I was 90% certain when all of the returns from Miami-Dade and surrounding Blue counties were totally in and Trump still had a substantial lead, plus North Carolina's margins being wider than expected. I didn't even stay up to see Wisconsin/Michigan/Pennsylvania called because I saw the writing on the wall.

Very long, cold bike ride to work the next morning. I was working in a science lab (where people were studying climate change and endangered species, among other things) and it was pretty silent the next day. Most of the women there wearing all black. We had a (pre-scheduled) department meeting where our boss told us our work was more important now than ever, which I still think is true.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2017, 11:59:53 PM »

You Americans can be happy that you had the chance to slowly realize and deal with Trump's win. If you live in Europe you woke up in the morning of November 9 and had to deal with a heart attack after listening to the news... 😡 �� 😰 🤒
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »

You Americans can be happy that you had the chance to slowly realize and deal with Trump's win. If you live in Europe you woke up in the morning of November 9 and had to deal with a heart attack after listening to the news... 😡 �� 😰 🤒
Pennsylvania and the presidency still wasn't called by most American networks until about 3am Central time, so most had already gone to bed Smiley But I see what you mean.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2017, 12:54:29 PM »

I was doing a podcast on the election so I said Trump would win once I saw Wisconsin was called for Trump. Then I continued waiting for the other states' results.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2017, 07:05:44 PM »

Pennsylvania and the presidency still wasn't called by most American networks until about 3am Central time, so most had already gone to bed Smiley But I see what you mean.

But before the East Americans went to bed, they had already recognized that the election was closed and that it could end either way.
In Europe, there hadn't been any doubt that Clinton would win.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2017, 07:09:00 PM »

When I saw him at 68% in West Virginia.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2017, 08:02:38 PM »

I consoled myself with the idea that Trump would be the most left wing Republican on economics since the 1970's.

Now it is clear that was another lie by the Orange Clown, and he now governs economically like Bush.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies