Dean's running mate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:08:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Dean's running mate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dean's running mate  (Read 26991 times)
DarthKosh

« on: December 30, 2003, 07:24:49 PM »

For all those listing listing candidates like Dick Gephardt, and Kuchinich as cabinet members, I wouldn't get your hopes up. They are negatively attacking Dean who will win the nomination. Clark is the best shot. the next colin powell

Clark is not as smart as Powell.
DarthKosh

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 03:35:13 PM »

Listen to what we can do with Feingold:
Solidfy Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, open up Ohio, and Mizzo.  Edwards could Open up Arkansas, Louisiana, maybe Mizzo, and NC, but he wouldn't solidfy anything.  Calrk would have the same effect.

Gephardt won't run with Dean after they have been ripping each other's heads off for months now.
VPs really don't do that much other then fill the ticket.
DarthKosh

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 03:37:05 PM »

Solidfy Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, open up Ohio, and Mizzo.  Edwards could Open up Arkansas, Louisiana, maybe Mizzo, and NC, but he wouldn't solidfy anything.  Calrk would have the same effect.

Gephardt won't run with Dean after they have been ripping each other's heads off for months now.
They can help regionally.
Not really.  The top of the ticket is what get's people out to vote.
DarthKosh

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 03:39:45 PM »

They can help regionally.
Not really.  The top of the ticket is what get's people out to vote.
VP's do matter somewhat.
Not in any way that effects EV.
DarthKosh

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 03:51:03 PM »

I think that they are safe regardless.

Graham is anti-war with experience in dc but leaving and would fit with Dean and seems the likely choice.

but then Ar and LA and MO would be safe and Bush still carries FL.

I think that Dean picking Clark as a running mate would be too predictable for that loveable irratic governor of ours.  I think that Dean is politically smart and thus would pick someone from the South.  Edwards is too young and would ecclipse Dean's image of being the vibrant one.  Someone new would go against Dean's hope of uniting the Democratic party (two outsiders won't work).  I predict that Senator Graham will get the second place on the ticket, despite any of his previous reservations.  He's already backed down and put himself in the perfect place to eventually endorse Dean when the time is right.  With Graham, Dean will have a shot at Florida and some southern moderate states.  The question remains just how much impact will a Veep slot have on a North Eastern governor.  Personally, I'm hopeful, but not stupid.
DarthKosh

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2004, 11:15:59 AM »

If Dean is going to pick a southerner he should go with Edwards.  Edwards could appeal to the upper south, something that Graham can't do.  Edwards would also only be 58 in 2012; Graham would be 75.

Why pick Edwards?  He is not even popular in his own state.
DarthKosh

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2004, 01:08:32 PM »

If Dean is going to pick a southerner he should go with Edwards.  Edwards could appeal to the upper south, something that Graham can't do.  Edwards would also only be 58 in 2012; Graham would be 75.

Hello from Melbourne international!

Well, he would put the other southern states in play, even if he doesn't do that with NC.  Arkansas and Tennessee would be brought into toss-up range.

Edwards flatly refused any offers to be VP.  I don't know if he'll stick to it, but not doing so would hurt his credibility.  That wouldn't be a good thing seeing as Dean already has a credibility gap of his own.
I think Edwards would accept the VP slot if it is offered to him.
I don't think he would.
DarthKosh

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2004, 01:10:21 PM »

If Feingold is picked can he simulataneously run
for Senate in WI?  Or will he have to give up his seat?   I can see the logic of this choice, but I believe his voting record is so liberal that he won't sway enough centrist voters to help.  
Mondale tried Geraldine Ferraro in ' 84 to capture the female vote, but it back-fired.  Clark is the obvious choice but he isn't lighting the wolrd on fire in the polls yet.  Are there any Democrat mayors that qualify???

Marion Barry.
DarthKosh

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2004, 04:06:58 PM »

TN will not be in play no matter what.  Frsit will be there reminding them that he is majority leader and can do more for TN with a GOP President.

Are you in Australia, Miami?

Hello from Melbourne international!

Well, he would put the other southern states in play, even if he doesn't do that with NC.  Arkansas and Tennessee would be brought into toss-up range.

The last time I checked, Melbourne was in Australia. Smiley
There is a Melbourne, Florida.
DarthKosh

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 01:14:58 PM »

Gore could be VP, but won't take it.

Clark MIGHT be able to pull in Arkansas, but that is about it.
It's doubtfull that he could do it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies