What will the political landscape look like after the 2020 election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:43:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What will the political landscape look like after the 2020 election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What will the political landscape look like after the 2020 election?  (Read 1920 times)
uti2

« on: May 30, 2017, 06:40:53 PM »

It seems clear, both going by the historical ways that midterms work and by the unique goings-on in this administration, that 2018 will be a solid Democratic victory, if not a "wave" (where a wave starts or ends is difficult to say).

You said the same about 2016.

Did you honestly predict that Trump would win?

It's ironic, but he sort of did at one point. He said back during the primaries that Trump was more electable than most republican candidates, and that only a few like Kasich were more electable. He shifted his opinion of Trump dramatically after the Khan incident, and then started suggesting that Trump was the worst possible candidate.

One of his old posts:

Sure, if Trump doesn't change his style, he's not winning this election. That's exactly the reason why he will change it. He's already running as the most moderate Republican in this race. (Did you hear any other Republicans say they would refuse to take sides in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or praise Planned Parenthood for helping women). Like it or not, Trump is more electable than Cruz or Rubio. And I say that as a Chafee/Kasich supporter lol. Do I find ironic Trump supporters annoying as heck? Yes. Do I want Trump to win the nomination? No, I think Kasich would have a better shot. But do I think the election will be anything other than a Tossup? No. Trump's favorables are abysmal, but it's not as if Clinton is viewed much more favorably than he is. And both their numbers will improve during the general election campaign, mark my words."He is a liar, a fraud, corrupt, severely lacking in any sort of decency or morals." Probably true. But you could use all those words to describe Clinton as well. That being said, I'd say Clinton would be favored to win the general if it was held today (maybe the Obama 2012 map minus FL/OH/IA or CO). No way she is going to beat him by more than 7 points, though. She also won't have any coattails in the Senate, because, well... coattails are mostly a myth. Republicans won't stay at home in a Clinton vs Trump race, and neither will Democrats.

Why does everyone assume that Trump has a path to victory in November?

Because they are either trolling or delusional.

I mean seriously, Romney got killed by Hispanics in 2012 and Trump is far more toxic then Mitt ever was when it comes to Hispanics.

I know people on here hate Hillary, but you can't win an election with the numbers he has when it comes to Hispanics.

Then why isn't she crushing him in the general election polls in Florida?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies