Clinton: Russians Had To Be "Guided By Americans" — "Hard Not To" Suspect Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:21:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Clinton: Russians Had To Be "Guided By Americans" — "Hard Not To" Suspect Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Clinton: Russians Had To Be "Guided By Americans" — "Hard Not To" Suspect Trump  (Read 1710 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 12:24:07 PM »

She's also (publicly) blaming the DNC data operation:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/31/clinton-code-conference-dnc-bad-data/

The constant "it wasn't my fault" whining is poor optics, true or not.

The F'ing President whines about the fact that he isn't getting bonus landslide coverage but Dammit Hillary tries to explain what happened and she's the problem. I can't even f'ing take it anymore.

A lot of factors came together to make Trump President. Many of them were beyond Hillary's control, but some were well within her ability to influence. What appears to be a stubborn refusal to recognize that if she had made one or two different (and arguably better) choices, she would be President today instead of the Orange Offal is rather frustrating and disappointing.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 12:30:39 PM »

1. She ran a horrible campaign
2. The Russians helped Trump
3. The Russians may have padded the margin through Wikileaks and social media warfare but Hillary provided them the ammo in the first place

None of these statements are exclusive
Ding ding ding
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2017, 01:06:59 PM »

A lot of factors came together to make Trump President. Many of them were beyond Hillary's control, but some were well within her ability to influence. What appears to be a stubborn refusal to recognize that if she had made one or two different (and arguably better) choices, she would be President today instead of the Orange Offal is rather frustrating and disappointing.

With as close as the election was, there could be many things she could have done differently that would have led to a different outcome. Hindsight is 20/20. And just because she could have won with some changes, it doesn't mean they were the best choice at the time. Imagine if she had spent a bunch of time in the last 2 weeks in PA/MI/WI, and won them easily, only to barely lose Colorado.

I'm sure you have other things in mind. But the same principle applies. Whatever she might have done differently, there could have been unexpected consequences that ended up hurting her more.

Regardless of what she could have done to win, it doesn't obviate the significance of any external factors that affected the race, especially if there were illegalities in play, as she implying.

If your issue is just that she should own up to mistakes, well ok, she did say the campaign wasn't perfect. Maybe that's not definitive enough for your liking. But then, if the election was essentially stolen, I think that's more significant than any alterations she could have made that *might* have resulted in her winning.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »

That's not much different from what a lot of people think. The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter if Russia wasn't the reason that she lost, the fact that they interfered at all is a major problem.

"That's not much different from what a lot of people think." - Tea Partiers about Trump's birther comments

A fired FBI director, a son-in-law trying to set up a secret channel and numerous other pieces of evidence suggests that something was wrong here. It's beyond foolish to compare this to the Birther issue, which was truly a conspiracy that was pushed even after it was clearly debunked.

The whole business with Kushner sounds like Bannon and Priebus trying to gain more influence over Trump.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2017, 01:28:49 PM »

Hillary needs to go away forever.
elcorazon

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 02:07:04 PM »

I thought we agreed not to wish ill on others. how is this different than saying "Trump needs to die"? or is it ok because you disguise your ill will as 'go away forever' instead of die even though it's just a euphemism - and why should she go away? Are you some sort of snowflake that can't handle a public figure speaking in public. There are lots of folks I'd sooner see GO AWAY FOREVER, starting with:
Donald Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnell
Paul Ryan
Marco Rubio
Jill Stein
Jason Chaffetz
Jeff Sessions
Clarence Thomas
Ben Carson
Tucker Carlson
Ben Stein
Sean Hannity
Bill O'Reilly
etc.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 02:10:55 PM »

I thought we agreed not to wish ill on others. how is this different than saying "Trump needs to die"? or is it ok because you disguise your ill will as 'go away forever' instead of die even though it's just a euphemism - and why should she go away? Are you some sort of snowflake that can't handle a public figure speaking in public. There are lots of folks I'd sooner see GO AWAY FOREVER, starting with:
Donald Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnell
Paul Ryan
Marco Rubio
Jill Stein
Jason Chaffetz
Jeff Sessions
Clarence Thomas
Ben Carson
Tucker Carlson
Ben Stein
Sean Hannity
Bill O'Reilly
etc.
Go away is in get out of the spotlight, I thought that was clear. I'm fine with her staying in the shadows and raising money, but I think it's best she stop doing interviews and keep quiet for a few years. Polls consistently show her even less popular than Trump, every time she's on TV she hurts dem chances.
elcorazon

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2017, 02:17:50 PM »

Donald Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnell
Paul Ryan
Marco Rubio
Jill Stein
Jason Chaffetz
Jeff Sessions
Clarence Thomas
Ben Carson
Tucker Carlson
Ben Stein
Sean Hannity
Bill O'Reilly
etc.
Go away is in get out of the spotlight, I thought that was clear. I'm fine with her staying in the shadows and raising money, but I think it's best she stop doing interviews and keep quiet for a few years. Polls consistently show her even less popular than Trump, every time she's on TV she hurts dem chances.
Is this true? I'm unaware of polls showing such a thing at all, much less "consistently". It's interesting to me that she isn't allowed to speak in public. I don't recall Gore or Kerry being treated that way. Or Howard Dean. Wonder why she is expected not to remain in public and they were ok? What is it that's different?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2017, 02:21:37 PM »

As far as her contentions that only Americans could have guided Russia to do this versus Russia acting on its own, I need to mull that one over with the available evidence.
elcorazon

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2017, 02:38:59 PM »

She's also (publicly) blaming the DNC data operation:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/31/clinton-code-conference-dnc-bad-data/

The constant "it wasn't my fault" whining is poor optics, true or not.

The F'ing President whines about the fact that he isn't getting bonus landslide coverage but Dammit Hillary tries to explain what happened and she's the problem. I can't even f'ing take it anymore.

I disagree that she has shown some sort of "stubborn refusal to recognize she made some poor choices". I do believe that there is a lot more press about how she needs to get out of the spotlight than there is about anything she's actually said.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2017, 03:07:21 PM »

The Clintons never accept blame for anything.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »

After the way she's been treated, Hillary doesn't owe anyone anything. Glad to see her finally speaking her mind.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2017, 03:26:14 PM »

After the way she's been treated, Hillary doesn't owe anyone anything. Glad to see her finally speaking her mind.

Yes, the saintly queen is the one who has been mistreated by others. It couldn't possibly be entirely the other way around. Hillary would never spend her entire life using and abusing every human being she encounters to achieve self-glory with no intention of ever paying them back for it or doing anything useful.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2017, 03:30:02 PM »

Yes, the saintly queen is the one who has been mistreated by others. It couldn't possibly be entirely the other way around. Hillary would never spend her entire life using and abusing every human being she encounters to achieve self-glory with no intention of ever paying them back for it or doing anything useful.

God Bless you.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2017, 03:32:19 PM »

God Bless you.

Wow, surprised that both you agree. I think Charles Delavan not being fired is really the best example of our point.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2017, 06:23:26 PM »

Donald Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnell
Paul Ryan
Marco Rubio
Jill Stein
Jason Chaffetz
Jeff Sessions
Clarence Thomas
Ben Carson
Tucker Carlson
Ben Stein
Sean Hannity
Bill O'Reilly
etc.
Is this true? I'm unaware of polls showing such a thing at all, much less "consistently". It's interesting to me that she isn't allowed to speak in public. I don't recall Gore or Kerry being treated that way. Or Howard Dean. Wonder why she is expected not to remain in public and they were ok? What is it that's different?

Because Gore and Kerry were never toxic to the Democratic brand in the way Hillary is?
m4567
Rookie
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2017, 06:38:13 PM »

With as close as the election was, there could be many things she could have done differently that would have led to a different outcome. Hindsight is 20/20. And just because she could have won with some changes, it doesn't mean they were the best choice at the time. Imagine if she had spent a bunch of time in the last 2 weeks in PA/MI/WI, and won them easily, only to barely lose Colorado.

I'm sure you have other things in mind. But the same principle applies. Whatever she might have done differently, there could have been unexpected consequences that ended up hurting her more.

Regardless of what she could have done to win, it doesn't obviate the significance of any external factors that affected the race, especially if there were illegalities in play, as she implying.

If your issue is just that she should own up to mistakes, well ok, she did say the campaign wasn't perfect. Maybe that's not definitive enough for your liking. But then, if the election was essentially stolen, I think that's more significant than any alterations she could have made that *might* have resulted in her winning.

Agreed. Good post.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2017, 06:52:02 PM »

At the least she should have campaigned in North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin on behalf of Democratic candidates for Senate seats. Instead we have the purest plutocracy on Earth since Pinochet left office in Chile.

We have the best government that money can buy. And, oh, is it bought!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2017, 10:34:00 PM »

Donald Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnell
Paul Ryan
Marco Rubio
Jill Stein
Jason Chaffetz
Jeff Sessions
Clarence Thomas
Ben Carson
Tucker Carlson
Ben Stein
Sean Hannity
Bill O'Reilly
etc.

Neither Gore nor Kerry tried to get back in the spotlight. Howard Dean lost a primary, not the general.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2017, 10:35:49 PM »

Donald Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnell
Paul Ryan
Marco Rubio
Jill Stein
Jason Chaffetz
Jeff Sessions
Clarence Thomas
Ben Carson
Tucker Carlson
Ben Stein
Sean Hannity
Bill O'Reilly
etc.

Hillary had absolutely terrible ratings. Trump had worse favorables on election day than Barry Goldwater had when he lost by 24 points. And she lost to Trump!
elcorazon

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2017, 11:02:50 AM »

so what I glean from the responses is that Clinton having favorables consistently lower than Trump is another lie. Gotcha.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies