Atlas Throwback : 1931 Edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:49:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Throwback : 1931 Edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Throwback : 1931 Edition  (Read 1767 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2017, 02:03:52 PM »
« edited: June 03, 2017, 02:36:25 PM by Old School Republican »

Its November of 1931, what would atlas say about next year election.

Who do you think will win the Democratic nomination and how do you see the election going. Do you think the GOP coalition which has won them election after election for the past 60-70 years will be destroyed forever in this upcoming election, or do you think the GOP will have a chance to still win with that coalition.

This is my election prediction for next year:

Senate Minority Leader Joseph Robinson/Governor George White 388  57.5%
President Hebert Hoover/Vice President Charles Curtis 143                  40.5%

Senate: I see democrats gaining 8 seats:Washington, Idaho, Colorado , Nevada,Iowa,Wisconsin ,Indiana , Utah giving them a majority of 55-40 in the Senate.

House: I see Democrats  gaining anywhere from 65-70 seats giving them up to 286 seats in the house .

Republicans , you can thank Hoover for ensuring the party will be in the wilderness for the next 12 years . You thought the Wilson years were too left wing or terrible for the GOP , it will be nothing compared to how the next 8-12 years will be. Also unlike the Wilson years when the GOP could oppose Wilson, they wont be able to for the next 8-12 years as Hoover as made GOP policies hated throughout the country.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 07:36:24 PM »

Either Alfred Smith or Charles W. Bryan will be the nominee. John Nance Garner, George White, or Newton Baker will probably be the others in the top five at the convention.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 09:19:52 PM »

Realpolitik
Realpolitik      
YaBB God

★★★★★

Re: Should Ramsay MacDonald be expelled from the Labour Party?
« on: August 24, 1931 at 10:55:59 am »

'Traitor' is a strong word.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 09:26:58 PM »

Realpolitik
Realpolitik      
YaBB God

★★★★★

Re: Should Ramsay MacDonald be expelled from the Labour Party?
« on: August 24, 1931 at 10:55:59 am »

'Traitor' is a strong word.

Labour got shellacked in the elections, be thankful you have a pm who has beliefs in some labour policies instead of having a torie hardliner as your pm.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:58:30 AM »

Smith probably wont be the nominee because he already lost in 28 and I don't think the bosses want to risk nominating another Catholic. Probably will be another northerner though, I wouldn't count Governor Roosevelt out, he'd be the perfect candidate really. If you think about it Smith doesn't get enough credit, even if he does get slammed for letting Hoover gain a foothold in the solid south he also got Catholic immigrants in big cities who usually don't vote in presidential elections out to vote for him. Any Democrat is going to win next year but I feel that someone like Roosevelt whose a wet could consolidate those gains and also bring some progressive Republicans into the party with the Roosevelt name.

In some ways Smith just ran four years too soon. There's no way he'd lose now. Everyone knows that repealing prohibition means jobs which is what we desperately are in need of everywhere right about now.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 05:40:24 AM »

Smith probably wont be the nominee because he already lost in 28 and I don't think the bosses want to risk nominating another Catholic. Probably will be another northerner though, I wouldn't count Governor Roosevelt out, he'd be the perfect candidate really. If you think about it Smith doesn't get enough credit, even if he does get slammed for letting Hoover gain a foothold in the solid south he also got Catholic immigrants in big cities who usually don't vote in presidential elections out to vote for him. Any Democrat is going to win next year but I feel that someone like Roosevelt whose a wet could consolidate those gains and also bring some progressive Republicans into the party with the Roosevelt name.

In some ways Smith just ran four years too soon. There's no way he'd lose now. Everyone knows that repealing prohibition means jobs which is what we desperately are in need of everywhere right about now.

Have to say, I like Governor Roosevelt. Might just be nostalgic for his cousin, but I do like the guy.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 06:09:15 PM »

How many years do you think the Republicans will be in the Wilderness for after 1932.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 03:43:35 PM »

How many years do you think the Republicans will be in the Wilderness for after 1932.

Bryan, Roosevelt, and Smith are so old that they might retire as early as 1936.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2017, 04:00:25 PM by Old School Republican »

Roosevelt will be 51 in 1932 , so he likely will run in 1936 as well. I believe the GOP will likely be out of power for 8 years in all 3 branches and take back power in 1940.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 08:31:36 PM »

Roosevelt will be 51 in 1932 , so he likely will run in 1936 as well. I believe the GOP will likely be out of power for 8 years in all 3 branches and take back power in 1940.

Well sure, but even if Roosevelt manages to last two terms, who would succeed him?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 03:03:43 AM »

Well sure, but even if Roosevelt manages to last two terms, who would succeed him?

Roosevelt vp likely would be the dem nominee and so I think Alben Barkley would be a good choice or maybe Clarence Dill .

In my opinion Dems likely will be in power for 8-12 years , and those 8-12 years will make the GOP want Woodrow Wilson back .

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 04:45:10 AM »

Roosevelt vp likely would be the dem nominee and so I think Alben Barkley would be a good choice or maybe Clarence Dill .

In my opinion Dems likely will be in power for 8-12 years , and those 8-12 years will make the GOP want Woodrow Wilson back .

Do you think he might go for more than two? I mean, with what's brewing over in Europe.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 12:38:58 PM »

There's no way that even radical Roosevelt would draw us into a war between Germany and the Soviets.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 01:55:14 PM »

Do you think he might go for more than two? I mean, with what's brewing over in Europe.

Nah , there is no way Germany can rise again as even if they try to build their military up again, it would violate the Treaty of Versailles meaning the British and French would crush them. On the other hand , I do believe that we need to do something to counter the Japanese Empire , as they continue to get more powerful and gain more territory year after year , and if we dont stop them bad things could happen in the Pacific .
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »

Nah , there is no way Germany can rise again as even if they try to build their military up again, it would violate the Treaty of Versailles meaning the British and French would crush them. On the other hand , I do believe that we need to do something to counter the Japanese Empire , as they continue to get more powerful and gain more territory year after year , and if we dont stop them bad things could happen in the Pacific .

Well, this is assuming that Hitler fellow doesn't attain power. Did you hear that his SA people are inciting violence in the streets? What happens if a man like that takes power in Germany?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 01:27:23 PM »

Well, this is assuming that Hitler fellow doesn't attain power. Did you hear that his SA people are inciting violence in the streets? What happens if a man like that takes power in Germany?

The moment anyone tries to rebuild Germany military , Britain and France will crush Germany for violating the treaty.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 03:59:49 PM »

I'm hopeful that the DNVP will betray Hitler and re-install the Kaiser or one of his sons.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 09:14:03 PM »

I'm hopeful that the DNVP will betray Hitler and re-install the Kaiser or one of his sons.
NSDAP would need to actually win an election, first, and I don't see that happening. Sure, they came in second last year, but with less than 20% of the vote I don't see them forming a government. The German people are too smart to be duped by a bizarre Austrian painter who looks like a bug that lives under a rock.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 10:37:40 PM »

NSDAP would need to actually win an election, first, and I don't see that happening. Sure, they came in second last year, but with less than 20% of the vote I don't see them forming a government. The German people are too smart to be duped by a bizarre Austrian painter who looks like a bug that lives under a rock.

Didn't we say the same about the Russians when Lenin got back there?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 02:09:04 AM »

See, I think Hugenberg will get up to 100 seats, and NSDAP will fall just short of 160. With the Centre getting ~75, the DVP getting 30 seats, and the DDP getting 10 seats, the non-Hitler rightists and centrists will re-install the Hohenzollerns, with even many Socialists voting for it.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 02:25:04 PM »

Not long. Even in the best case DEM scenario, Governor Landon can and will have the DEM nominee covered.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies