Keeping Main Street First!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:58:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Keeping Main Street First!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Keeping Main Street First!!!  (Read 237 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 05, 2017, 02:36:35 AM »

Grand Rapids, Michigan

I am sure many are asking, what does it mean to put Main Street first?

Many will know that I have campaign heavily invoking the tradition of the people, and that certainly underscores a critical history and an important function for the House of Representatives. But we would be remiss if we ignore the the other aspects of the agenda that defined the People's President. There was a commitment not to just pray at the alter of the people, but to actively serve them and to work with both sides of the aisle on critical issues.

It meant working with Laborites to strengthen laws protecting workers, and working with Federalists to streamline Gov't to reform the tax laws so that our businesses could compete and thrive in a global market place. It mean passing a healthcare bill that maintains choice while ensuring every had access to care regardless of income and that the regions had their choice of a gov't monopoly or a competitive system in their exchange. It meant reforming our healthcare delivery to system to bring innovation, improve outcomes and save lives by implementing electronic medical records. It means fighting for our a mental health system that takes care of those most in need of assistance.

These policies always put the people first and more importantly they always put the people on the main streets and back streets of America first and not the people on Wall Street or Pennsylvania Avenue.

In the House it has been my pleasure to work with members of both parties on many of these same issues. We passed out of the house the first major alteration of approach to regulating wall street in seven years, moving to restore the wall between investment banking and bank lending. In the next Congress, I hope to build on this by creating a structure that holds failed banks and their executives responsible, while guarding against both systemic risk and moral hazard. We boasted funding of alternative energy, and we are progressing with a bill dealing with critical infrastructure to guard against the substantial loss and destruction stemming from flood events. Reform of the public healthcare system will be passed in at least one chamber before the end of this congress and we will move on to reforming our delivery system and other aspects of the issue.

For me, putting the people on main street first, means good jobs, good roads, good healthcare and a foreign policy that keeps our people safe, while only engaging in conflict as an option of absolute last resort. It means helping both small business and entrepreneurs, as well as ensuring that workers who work hard, have a chance at getting ahead and earning a decent living.

It would be my pleasure to continue to fighting for the people in the House and I would be honored have the support of you the people in doing so.

Thanks and I hope to earn your vote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies