Congressman: "Hunt them, kill them. For all that is good, kill them all."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:16:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congressman: "Hunt them, kill them. For all that is good, kill them all."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Congressman: "Hunt them, kill them. For all that is good, kill them all."  (Read 1860 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 09:12:28 AM »

Dude has a facebook page.  This is from his page:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Isn't that also the stuff extreme jihadists preach?  The irony is delicious. 
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 11:09:29 AM »

"Higgins, known to some as the “Cajun John Wayne,” used to host a weekly crime show on local news where he referred to suspects as “animals,” “thugs” and “heathens.” He eventually quit the police force, insisting that he was leaving because of his devotion to Jesus and that he was not being forced out over his comments on the show." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republican-clay-higgins-kill-islamic-radicals_us_593582bfe4b0ca5db291eb47?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

This guy is so far out there it makes nutjobs look sane.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 11:13:37 AM »

People do get emotional and say terrible things after terrorist attacks. I know I thought some pretty horrible things after Orlando, and expressed some of those thoughts in private conversations with friends. In situations like this, I think people deserve a chance to walk back anything they regret saying.

However, it is unacceptable for an elected official and former senior law enforcement officer to say things like this in public, and it is disturbing how his wording seems to be more deliberate than it appears. Subtleties like "Islamic horror" instead of "Islamic terror" and "radicalized Islamic suspect" instead of "Islamic terrorist" are pretty clear if you're listening for them and are not the kinds of word choices made out of emotion or carelessness.

Yes, yes, yes. Second Graf is 100% spot on.

Indeed.

This, and other recent unexpectedly cogent hosts have just earned Santander off of my ignore list

(for now)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 11:34:37 AM »

People do get emotional and say terrible things after terrorist attacks. I know I thought some pretty horrible things after Orlando, and expressed some of those thoughts in private conversations with friends. In situations like this, I think people deserve a chance to walk back anything they regret saying.

However, it is unacceptable for an elected official and former senior law enforcement officer to say things like this in public, and it is disturbing how his wording seems to be more deliberate than it appears. Subtleties like "Islamic horror" instead of "Islamic terror" and "radicalized Islamic suspect" instead of "Islamic terrorist" are pretty clear if you're listening for them and are not the kinds of word choices made out of emotion or carelessness.

Which is why the "We have to call it RADICAL ISLAM by name!" crowd is filled with only the dumbest reactionary bigots out there.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 12:02:18 AM »

Here's the actually disturbing part:

How do you define someone as being suspected of plotting a terror attack? In the US, owning a firearm isn't out of the ordinary. As for explosives, plenty of people own them here in Oz for mining, particularly in WA.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2017, 02:12:59 PM »

Disgusting. All this vigilante speak and I am sure he is one of those right wingers that whine about protecting the Constitution and liberties. Well he should remember that in this country you are innocent until proven guilty.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies