Comey's written statement for tomorrow (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:44:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Comey's written statement for tomorrow (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comey's written statement for tomorrow  (Read 5816 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: June 07, 2017, 02:58:58 PM »

what time is comey's intestines tomorrow?

I assume you meant testimony, and if so that's one of the funniest autocorrects I've ever seen.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 03:27:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 03:30:21 PM »

That's really a bombshell... But the big question is whether Trump's words will be seen as obstruction of justice or just "an opinion". I think there has to be clear proof that the firing had something to do with Russiagate and his demand for locality. That's unmistakeably obstruction of justice and ground for impeachment proceedings.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Or another way to think about it: suppose it was Obama who tried to get Comey to back off the investigation of Clinton.  Does anyone really believe that the GOP House wouldn't start impeachment proceedings?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »

Could have confused me because he's the leader of the Republican Party, sets the Republican agenda, and is the person the Republican majority in Congress follows.

Now is he a traditional Reaganite Republican, no. Is he even a true Republican, possibly not, but he is most definitely the face of the Republican Party, and its national leader.
The US administered Iraq after the war until a new government could be formed. That did not make George W Bush the President of Iraq.

That's a completely different case.  Come on now.  Trump ran for and won the Presidency as the candidate of the Republican party.  That means the party "owns" him, whether or not he fits the mold of a traditional Republican (fwiw, I agree that he doesn't).
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 04:38:00 PM »

There are three areas of investigation that can lead to impeachment . . . Flynn . . . Emoluments . . . Russia.

I will be flabbergasted if even one Republican asks Comey even one single question about any of these topics.  I expect most of the questions from Republicans to be about Clinton's emails.

For a new development in the Emoluments area, see https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=265892.0.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies