Comey's written statement for tomorrow (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:29:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Comey's written statement for tomorrow (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comey's written statement for tomorrow  (Read 5809 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: June 07, 2017, 02:21:45 PM »

This confirms nothing. He stopped short of calling it obstruction of justice. The prosecution can move forward but how can they make a case when the literal investigators can't pin an actual crime. This was a good day for Trump judging by what I've read.

Seriously, I heard a long excerpt read on MSNBC and even they say this supports the Presidents claim that he did not try to end the wider Russia probe.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 02:35:29 PM »

This confirms nothing. He stopped short of calling it obstruction of justice. The prosecution can move forward but how can they make a case when the literal investigators can't pin an actual crime. This was a good day for Trump judging by what I've read.

Seriously, I heard a long excerpt read on MSNBC and even they say this supports the Presidents claim that he did not try to end the wider Russia probe.

This neglects the fact that Trump fired Comey subsequent to these meetings to end the wider Russia probe.
He fired Comey for a variety of stated reasons. You're projecting your hopes into reality. You can't change reality. The reality is, nothing connects Comey's firings to these conversations.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 02:37:33 PM »

It's also worth noting that Trump threatened Comey with some sort of tape. He's either making a perfect bluff (which I'm sure he's skilled at) or he does have tapes, and if those tapes are in his possession, he wouldn't publicize them if they contained anything incriminating. That ought to be the focus of Mueller going forward IMO if I were him and assuming he's actually serious about ending this McCarthyite witch hunt probe.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 03:26:02 PM »

Yeah....in your opinion. An impeachment has to be based around more than just your opinion.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 03:42:06 PM »

Yeah....in your opinion. An impeachment has to be based around more than just your opinion.

If you can start impeachment proceedings based on silly things like blow-jobs and avocado dip, then this well exceeds the standards necessary to move forward.

PS to add: Or was it spinach dip ?
Ironically you're gonna end turning Trump into Clinton - the victim.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 03:46:56 PM »

If you can start impeachment proceedings based on silly things like blow-jobs and avocado dip, then this well exceeds the standards necessary to move forward.

PS to add: Or was it spinach dip ?

Ironically you're gonna end turning Trump into Clinton - the victim.

LOL.
I said "well exceeds." Not even close to being remotely the same.
A witch hunt by angry losers is a witch hunt by angry losers.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 03:51:22 PM »

Words have meanings. Obstruction of justice has a specific definition, just like Hillary's "extremely careless" handling of her emails was not the same thing as criminal mishandling of classified information.

This shows very inappropriate management of the executive branch by Trump. He was justified in feeling frustrated by the media obsessing over Russia, which has been consistently unfair, but that does not excuse this type of disregard for the chain of command or ethical carelessness.
He's guilty of not doing his homework. That's far more damning to me than anything. I don't want him to run again in 2020. He needs to get his ducks in a row and start governing once this is behind him.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 04:43:28 PM »

You don't get to make millions in NYC real estate otherwise.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 05:17:14 PM »

Dunno if that's a good defense. NYC real estate also requires being mobbed up (construction unions) and all kinds of other unpleasant things (bribing city officials) that we tend not to want in US Presidents.
I have a worse argument (for Trump himself) that still rings true: you have to be intelligent to build your surname into a world class brand. Trump himself owns very little of the Trump brand properties. To me, building an image and brand out of that takes more talent than actually building a real estate empire.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies