Next UK General Election thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:06:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Next UK General Election thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Next UK General Election thread  (Read 21738 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: June 14, 2017, 12:03:39 AM »

I'm interested to see how Corbyn himself interprets the election results. The impression I've gotten from here and elsewhere is that one of the reason Labour had such a successful campaign is that Corbyn allowed himself to be sidelined, with the party instead focusing the campaign on their manifesto. After the success and acclaim he's gotten since the election, will Corbyn be as willing to keep out of the limelight in the next one? And if he does take a greater role in the next election, which groups of voters and seats might be most effected by his decision?

I'm not sure I agree that Corbyn allowed himself to be sidelined. I think he gave some concessions on some things, but then he really did manage to give some genuinely good performances in debates and interviews (especially in contrast with May). I think they also let him run the Pseudo-Sanders campaign he wanted to run rather than a passionless Miliband/Brown campaign.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies