UK General Discussion: 2017 and onwards, Mayhem (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:35:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion: 2017 and onwards, Mayhem (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion: 2017 and onwards, Mayhem  (Read 217504 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: July 10, 2018, 01:49:22 AM »

If you think Brexit is being handled badly now , wait till you see it handled by Corbyn.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 05:00:00 PM »

Just hope all this mess makes it clear to everyone in the European community what an awful idea it is the leave the EU, which is, despite its flaws, the best thing ever happend to the continent.

I also think the EU should agree to just become a Free Trade Agreement rather than a semi-governmental body it seems like at times. I think that would be much better
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 06:44:13 PM »

Just hope all this mess makes it clear to everyone in the European community what an awful idea it is the leave the EU, which is, despite its flaws, the best thing ever happend to the continent.

I also think the EU should agree to just become a Free Trade Agreement rather than a semi-governmental body it seems like at times. I think that would be much better

You have it the wrong way round, the reason it is a semi-governmental body is to protect the FTA. For all the money spent on EU institutions, they probably save consumers much much more by guaranteeing the single market.

What about NAFTA just for Europe
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 03:49:02 AM »

In an alternate world the DUP would have left the government, guaranteeing  a successful no-confidence motion and labour would hold a 20+ point lead on the Tories. All labour had to do for the alternate world to be a reality was to not make a hardcore anti-semite their leader

In an Alternate World May never blows her 20 point lead she had one month before election day in 2017. If that happens she wins a landslide and she would have had the mandate she needed
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 10:34:23 PM »

We can't really rule anything out, and that's part of the problem. No one has a clue what's going, including and especially the people making the decisions.

A serious question that has to be asked is how quickly can we 'recover' from a No Deal situation i.e. revert to pre-existing customs procedures?

As quickly as you can hold a second referendum.

(Unless the No Deal is bad enough that a cross-party consensus emerges for rejoining CU/SM - i.e. Norway - but I'm not sure we should wish for that to happen.)

There is not going to be a second referendum in the near future. Neither the Tories nor Labor under Corbyn have interest to do so. The Tories are too divided and the Brexit hardliners would break up the govt. Maybe Labor would support one, if a Blair-style leader was still around.

If a Blair Type was still the leader , Labour would lead by 15-20 points in the polls
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 07:25:44 PM »

Why the hell did the Parliament vote no
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 02:07:12 PM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1100252/brexit-news-vote-second-referendum-labour-independent-group/amp

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies