Rank the Albums of your Favorite Musical Artists (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:33:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Rank the Albums of your Favorite Musical Artists (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank the Albums of your Favorite Musical Artists  (Read 5406 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: June 09, 2017, 10:40:59 PM »

Love George Strait, but see him more of a singles guy like Elvis or Conway Twitty.

Greatly appreciate your Bruce rankings and intrigued by your Blake rankings. While I totally agree with this assessment, I own too many to ignore, and I think some of his recent albums have been actual projects as his mainstream popularity declined.

The Road Less Traveled has rather weak singles (by his high standards) but the back end is just so great, especially the Merle cover, so that is my tops. Love is Everything is positively a masterpiece. Blue Clear Sky is carried by its strong group of singles. I think Beyond the Blue Neon is probably deep enough to challenge it for the 3 spot on its singles, but has much more depth - that still gets plenty of turns for me.

Here for a Good Time has singles that rather bothered - except for the masterpiece that is "Drinkin' Man", perhaps his best ever - but I go back to some of those non-singles pretty often.

May go back to other artists later, but King George has a few!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 09:24:24 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2017, 09:25:59 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

1. Southeastern - definitely not the best in terms of classic hits but obviously the deepest in quality by an untouchable margin
2. Something More Than Free - Two haunting ones and a strong front ~2/3 before you get to the back-end...
3. The Nashville Sound - Initially lower because the early releases were so poor they brought it down, but this is a solid project with four insta-classics and two nice hidden gems, which is enough to maintain the top three position.
4. Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - "Cigarettes & Wine" holds up and "Streetlights" is probably one of the most underrated cuts but lacks much behind that
5. Sirens of the Ditch - not many boring skip songs which initially prompted me to put this higher but really hard to place anything here remotely close to his best
6. Here We Rest - Hard to believe an album with probably his best is last but it's not an 'album' if there is little beyond that.

Too difficult to rank most other favourites outside of Bruce/Strait/Beatles due to catalog depth (or extremely obvious quality variance for some classic country or folk artists), so I will leave at that for now since those have been done.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies