Opinion of the Hajj (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:28:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of the Hajj (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the Hajj
Freedom Pilgrimage

Horrible Pilgrimage

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Opinion of the Hajj  (Read 2622 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: June 12, 2017, 10:52:21 PM »

Now this actually sounds pretty cool and exciting. I wish there was a Christian equivalent that I could go on, although preferably one that would be allowed any time of year.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 08:27:23 AM »

And that's also why a Christian equivalent would have to be held at least multiple times a year, >90% of Muslims probably can't afford to go on the Hajj anyway, but since Christians are in more affluent countries, there'd be far more able to do so.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 08:47:21 PM »

Santiago de Compostela is a famous Christian pilgrimage site, with over a quarter of a million people last year traveling the Camino de Santiago. BRTD can't do that though, because it's Catholic.

Good point: there are tons of locations associated with different Christian saints, and any one of them could serve as a focus of pilgrimage.

Of course, if we want to avoid the "Mecca problem", we might have to start sanctifying more Americans.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Protestants don't recognize Sainthood, right?

Some do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_of_saints_(Lutheran)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 11:09:58 PM »

2) please clarify that under the rules of hijab, women are not obligated to cover - nay, encouraged to reveal - their feet? (I agree that it must be haram for men to cover their feet)

Today at church the worship band was two girls and three guys. The worship leader, who was the lead vocalist and playing keyboards I noticed from the start was playing barefoot the whole time, and there was a female guitarist who got up on stage wearing sandals but then kicked them off before playing, but all the guys were wearing shoes. Was quite to my liking. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies